EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Class Discussion (AoM Beta) > Itemization (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
konofo

I've observed a bit of a trend among some new (ostensibly tanky) jewelry effects that have been shown to us so far.

Invigoration from Agility: Increase Potency by 10% when avoiding an attack, stacks 10 times.
Powerful Retaliation: Increase Potency by 11% when damaged by melee, stacks 10 times.
Pact of Constitution: Increase Potency by 2.5% and HP by 1,000 per raid member.
Power of Malice: Increases Potency by 50% & HP by 20,000, or by 80% & 32,000 if atop the threat list.
Amplifying Stamina: Increases Potency by 46-92% and STA by 500-983, scaling with Amplifying users in raid.
Building Furor: Increases Potency by 5% and STA by 75 when receiving damage, stacks 10 times.
Building Confidence: Increases Potency by 5% and STA by 75 when avoiding an attack, stacks 10 times.
Accursed Power: Increase Potency by 60% when taking damage > 25% of max HP.

I might have missed a couple. What I've also apparently missed are the effects that boost HP/STA along with... anything else. (I'm aware that some of the ToV effects are continuing in AoM.)

Maybe I'm a bad, but Potency just isn't very high on my wish list, unless I'm using Recklessness. Of course, if i'm Reckless, I probably don't care about the HP, and most of these effects are incompatible with Recklessness anyway.

Is this sudden focus on tank Potency deliberate? Is it up for discussion?

kono
konofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
Jrel

I think potency also increases taunts/threat/hate gain. As a DPSer, I think that's great. Would be negligible gains for us damage-wise with high potency already, but for tanks with low potency, still a great gain.
Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #3
konofo

Sure, of course, so does CB. I'm not saying Potency is a useless stat for us, but it's not the go-to stat, and I don't think it's in need of this much attention. I'd personally rather see more variety.

kono
konofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #4
Ansom

Usually most of tank dps is from the weapon, and weapon don't use pot. More dps you make, more agro you build. Of course free pot is not a waist.. but i prefer other thing.

I just hope the gear on the npc, is the old one, not the actual AoM gear.. and i hope on decent rare item.. Because the actual heroic gear on the npc, is make me sad.
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:56 PM   #5
Meshuggahx

For sk, more pot helps alot on holding aggro because more potency= higher taunts values and higher spells dmg which result in better aggro holding without being dependent on hate gains or transfers.
Meshuggahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:20 PM   #6
Ansom

Same thing with CB... but is effect weapon to.
Ansom is offline   Reply With Quote