EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2014, 05:12 AM   #91
Kalika

Not sure when you went ...

First time i killed him i had 36K hps on warden and he did some 150 K hps (no good interrupt).

Second time Necro could not do it but she was around 30 K hps and stamper close to 10K but it was a close fight she almost made it.

Third time today, mystic did a moderate 16K HPS and he only did like 80 K HPS. It seems that his big heal cannot be interrupted.

His pelican also drains mana.

I Could not figure out what the message about adds mean.

So mainly they cut his dps by 2 and hps too ... May be a little less since mystic gear is very basic (no dps gear) so Daeron never lost agro (and he had bolster + full moon on him) ... and daeron obviously avoid or mitigate better than a priest.

I think that curtain chords should be reusable after a while, because low dps classes may run out of chords (my paladin as example). Says after 90 seconds the curtain can be use again.

With the change my necro would do it now, not too sure about classes with no healing at all.

It must be quite horrible if you have no root, may be you can stun him and so on ... BUT his buf now says "immune to any CC but root" (wondering if a stun is a CC or if CC means mezz or chamr)
also if you manage to keep daeron tanking you may be able to do it. Daeron has a 100% heal that he only used once with me(he used on my warden) but he only use it if about to die.

Try big desagro items and bring potions and let daeron tank, you may be able to stay alive till you kill the nasty before daeron dies. But hum you will really need lot of desagro and hate mode, because you must kill him fast (daeron won't live forever) So postionnal proc + hate mode. Try also with a second life (if you can spec in dragon for it).

Good luck.
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:51 AM   #92
Uncle

I pulled him at about 4 pm pst iirc here what he did to me damage wise

TYPE DAMAGE ENCDPS AVERAGE MINHIT MAXHIT HITS SWINGS TOHIT
Auto-Attack (Out) 2,996,503 24,764.49 78,855.34 33,103 125,312 38 46 82.61 2.76
Skill/Ability (Out) 699,494 5,780.94 49,963.86 36,924 62,235 14 14 100.00 11.33
Outgoing Damage 3,695,997 30,545.43 71,076.87 33,103 125,312 52 60 86.67 2.43

note I did have some self heals the new vitality posion and merc of course here what the merc healed..

TYPE DAMAGE ENCHPS AVERAGE MEDIAN MINHIT MAXHIT HITS SWINGS TOHIT delay
All 3,249,131 26,852.32 108,304.40 54,068 16,336 208,172 30 30 100.00 4.88

now looking at this encounter I showing that for a patch there I got it 8 times at over 100k over 16 sec went from 100% to 15 % durning that time and the healer merc just could not recover from it..

so 2 things need to happen 1 lower over all damage or 2 increase merc healing and I can see if I was using like a the starter inq on this incounter I wasn't those heals are from the wolf Templar.

now ill go in and test on my alt healers I have a channeler and a defiler and ill more then likely go in and one pull the encounter but id like to hear from assassains / swashy's / other brigs to see how they are fairing on it

lastly smolder combustion was 16k a tick and the add hit for another 15k per auto on top of everything else
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:53 AM   #93
Thand

i noticed if you dps him to fast he heals back up to 50% and then gains what looks like a 99% damage reduction. I was unable to kill him pre patch as a 98 conj. Actually I was mainly dying to Melee while trying to click the tapastrys with Archon Healer. I ended up geting help from a 100 inq who said he was able to solo it easly just healing through his damage
Thand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:33 AM   #94
Thand

just tries him beat him on my second attempt when my merc did a lucky raise after i died so he was not on me.
He still melees hard though it is alot better and he did kill me in under 3 secomds when he got to me just as i pulled the curtain.
He healed back up tp 50% as usual and gained his dr until after i pulled the curtain then his dr went back to normal. I will run this a few more times to be shure but my suggestion is bring pots and do not count on your merc for cures
Old 10-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #95
Harzel

Assassin in mix of potent and arcane armor with Archon merc. I found the solo zone doable up until the final name. Trying to kill Gudre yesterday and today, how long I last seems to be a matter of luck. Often, I am dead before the tapestries are clickable. I did once get three tapestries pulled. As has been said by many already, Gudre's autoattack is the killer - hits me for around 50-60K usually, but will also go up to around 90K. I assume this is when I have to move away from him to get to curtains. Even with the smaller hits, though, eventually the merc cannot keep up when you add in Smoldering Combustion, Diving Pelican, and a grimling add.

I tried a couple of variations: 1) using the vet reward pally merc (Lady whatever); 2) swapping in some of the quest reward gear, which has higher mit and equipping a shield. The pally merc seemed to be doing well, but then died suddenly about the time I was trying to click the tapestry the first time. The alternative gear did not seem to help much.

Between Bilgewater Falls and this, I am getting a little frustrated. I don't expect things in Beta to be perfectly tuned at the outset, but the response to feedback from mages and scouts about survivability problems appears to be either ignored or only addressed slowly and grudgingly. I assume that it looks different from the other side, but nevertheless, to me at least this is the appearance. It would be nice to have some acknowledgement and maybe an explanation of why things are not being changed to make these encounters doable by all classes.
Harzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #96
Chrol

Developer

Hopefully the update after tomorrow will have the fix in for the Smouldering Combustion stacks staying on you if you die or evac.

And it should never be cast on your merc or pet.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #97
Chrol

Developer

For [Solo], the following changes are coming...
  • Smouldering Combustion should inflict far less damage.
  • Grimling vialtossers will no longer escape the flames and attack. Instead, they burn!!!
  • Pelican's Maw inflicts less damage and there is no longer a resulting effect if it's not cured.
And for all [Solo] zones, all bosses will inflict less auto-attac damage. (That one "might" go in today as Fyreflyte made that change yesterday.)
Old 10-28-2014, 06:42 PM   #98
Misia

I just finally beat him. It helped to know that he takes less damage if you damage him too much too fast. I simply auto attacked him only and put the beat down on the Grimlings when they were up. I ran from him when he got "big" - and only clicked the tapestries when I had a 10 stack and got the red message. Otherwise, I just basically did a lazy auto attack fight on the name through the whole fight... using my super defensive spec and my healer merc.
Misia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:25 AM   #99
Thand

yah i got teh dr because even without Casting anything my pet does to much dps. for the script who would of thought that would be a negative. Same deal with dpsing to fast on the last mob in brokenskull
Old 10-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #100
Heccie Thump

I have cleared East and West courtyard and both of the first two nameds but can't seem to get into the central courtyard area. I have cleared down to the bottom of both gatehouse towers and found the two switches but can't interact with them. Hovering the mouse pointer over them produces the pop-up but can't click. Did I miss something somewhere?
Heccie Thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #101
Heccie Thump

I did miss something. I vote for Bruisers to get tracking added to their innate abilities Smile
Heccie Thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #102
Frinch

The problem with this fight isn't Gudre's damage. It's that the script doesn't play nice with merc pathing, esp healers. If you have Stamper on follow, he walks through cleaves and dies. If you have him on assist or protect he beelines for the named and somehow keeps aggro for most of the fight (nobody would do this, but just sayin'). If you plant him somewhere and have him just passively heal and cure, Gudre (and the add if applicable) beeline to him, he keeps aggro, and he takes +50% damage from the distance buff.
Frinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #103
Shmogre

Heccie, you are missing a named somewhere...did you get the gooey one in the forge area?

EDIT: Never mind, looks like you found it. :^)
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #104
Kalika

Just a question about the grimling, he did nothing but in heroic or AS it may be different :

- Curse say "arcane damage 150-200K.. over the time " but i never noticed such damage.
- At some point a Kalila Goo appeared, i destroyed it and got a red message about "using the wrong damage type to kill it" ...
but no real noticeable effect on that "failed condition".
Kalika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:30 AM   #105
Yajirushi62

@Kalika The damage is applying correctly as of just now in both the Solo and AS, at least for my assn. And the goo's are a heroic fail-condition that apparently got copied over to solo/AS for the damage pets but without the fail condition of more spawning.

@SoEDevs Thanks for making Gudre much more forgiving, I actually managed to solo it on an assassin without kiting, so I would assume most players can kill it in its current state.
Yajirushi62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:14 AM   #106
Uncle

chrol,

adv solo

ran this zone again.. did gurde twice to see who the changes looked. first was offensive setup spec got him to about 65% which compared to the prior changes would been like 95% or so. Second attempt was full defensive it was a slow kill but everything it threw at me was manageable so with decent amount of AoM gear it should be doable in offensive setup thak you for listening and making adjustments
Old 10-30-2014, 05:47 AM   #107
Chrol

Developer

That's great to hear! However, most of the recent changes affected the [Solo] version, so beating Blackhand in [Advanced Solo] was all you Uncle.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:54 AM   #108
Uncle

wow I got lucky then
Old 10-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #109
Cleaner

Advanced Solo-
if your following the quest line and wearing the gear along the way at the level you will have upon entering this place...don't even bother

i tried doing this with a mage full tank spec over 700+k hps. keep getting the one-shot at 60% everytime mainly because the clickys don't come active quik enough...lets face it merc's are only good for cures. Horrible scripting design for progression.
Each time you click the tapestries an add spawns so not only do you have an add he hits way to hard for "Squishy" then if the Tapestrie doesn't "react" quik enough you die.

tried on the warlock and wizard 50% was the lowest i got him, impassable. other Squishy classes i was able to get him down to about 30-40%
Cleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #110
Lenolian

Just did the Advanced solo on a dirge, beta buffed to 100 and with mostly potent/dreadland gear (450k hp) with perrin as healer merc (auto follow only).

Zone was fun, length was about right. Trash damage and hp was ok for my gear

First grimmling, tank and spank. The named tried to summon some adds but he died before i noticed them much.

Second name (the akheva in one of the tower), he emotes something. I guess i have to joust but couldnt find a safe spot, perrin rezzed me three time during the fight... i am going to award him a trophy for that feat Smile

Second grimmling, tank and spank too, didnt notice any special attacks.

The akhevan with the platforms. I liked the mechanics, disarm trap, click on colors. Once you get the start, he is easy. Nice combat design on this one.

Grud. Was actually a fun fight once i got the strat right. Perrin manage to heal through his damage (auto about 53k avg up to 92k, combustion 26k avg up to 45k). Rooting grud allowed to get a few seconds when health was too low.

All in all, was a nicely design dungeon. Might want to reduce overall damage a bit for squishier or less dps class.
Lenolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #111
Lera

Am I just missing something, or does Telaris just have way too much HP? My paladin just doesn't have the DPS to smoosh him before his dementia ability kills me - although my merc managed to get him after I died.
Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:16 AM   #112
Cleaner

you sure it was [ Advanced ] solo or just "SOLO" because i found i can blow through "solo" zones, i can even Blow through most of the [Advanced] but the last mob in each of those zones seem impossible. Very discouraging to even think about a purchase at this point.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:30 AM   #113
Grundge

Can someone please tell me the strategy for Sa'Dax Senshali.

I touch the colored orbs and get sent up to the platform where he is but after that I cannot get him past 91% damage. Im just there fighting him and nothing is happening to his hp. What is the trick here, what am I missing?

I am doing the solo version, with the new adornments on my gear. I pretty much flattened all the other bosses so it's not a dps problem, Im just not seeing something. I tried searching this thread but no clues so far, so if someone would be so kind as to help me out that would be greatly appreciated.
Grundge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:40 AM   #114
Shmogre

Do you want a hint or the answer? :^)

Hint: check around for other things to target.

Answer [highlight to see]: destroy the platform. :^)
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:47 AM   #115
Grundge

LMAO, ok just found it out. You destroy the platform...I feel so stupid. Ah well. carry on...
Grundge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #116
Cleaner

Red Text, says something about the platform. Also another hit is read his buffs when on the platform.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #117
herem

haha. you want to compare feeling stupid? red, blue, yellow orbs. text says something about a green, purple, or orange something or other. i'd click orbs...la la la...bounceback..try another orb. la la la. oh wait...orange...and there's a RED orb and a YELLOW orb! lightbulb! derp.

uh...one complaint on the last name is that i specced into dragon aa deathsave and that final attack ate right through it each time.
herem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:43 PM   #118
Lenolian

Yes i did all the instances as Advanced Solo. It took several attempts for them, but once you learn the script and have read the detrimental/buff tooltip it becomes manageable. Brute forcing them is not going to get you anywhere in this xpac (at least until you get completely geared up), which is good in my opinion.
Lenolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #119
Mercychalice

trying to do the solo version of Castle Highhold, and cannot get past Va'tak Telaris. I have been told to move his as far away from the central pillar as possible. However, I moved him so that his avatar moved partially into the wall, and still died due to the dementia potency counters. Not only did he start casting these at 95%, but I couldn't get him beat down beyond yellow zone before dying. I can't move him any farther away from the pillar. So what am I supposed to do? having a merc is of no help damage-wise. I am still dying before halfway. What am I missing?
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #120
Nesissa

I couldn't get him away from the pillar either, he actually refused to move from the spot he originated in. I ended up jumping up on the crates in his room, it helped, slightly, enough for me to get him dead, with about 40% health left.
Nesissa is offline   Reply With Quote