EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Traveler's Tales
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-14-2005, 11:02 PM   #301
GreyScales

Loremaster

Dregon88,As a lurking reader of your story, I want to take a moment and apologize for the attitudes and poor behaviour of some of those that read your GREAT work!I too am looking forward to your next installment.  I'm hooked enough that I dozed off a couple of nights ago after reading your latest installment.  Darnest thing happened  SMILEY  I dreamt I was in your story.  I guess I need to get a life - or not doze off after reading.Any how....  Please come back when you feel up to it.Your fan!GreyScalesPermafrost
GreyScales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:24 AM   #302
Yamene

Loremaster

Well IMO i think you should take you're good old time..i am also hooked i check back daily, however i would much rather it take like month for you to write and it be wonderful then you take a min. to write and it be aweful..=)....And i hope everyone has a nice and safe Holiday and a Happy New Year

Yamene Silverwings

41 Mystic of Faydark Server

border="0">

Yamene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:16 PM   #303
spudAn

Thanks Dregon SMILEY) Oh by the way, tried to copy the text from your first post to place into a Word document (Start the colating business) - and it didn't work - it made 265 pages of funny green and red squiggly lines, not text, so maybe doing something wrong SMILEY

Thanks for the permission to try, if i work out how to do it, i'll post and let you know.

Message Edited by spudAndy on 12-15-2005 04:22 PM

"Bravery is born of Ignorance
Courage is A Must
Respect must be earnt"
spudAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:31 AM   #304
Dregon8

General

No post yet, sorry. But I would just like to applaud the Mods on removing unnecessary conversation. Job well done. *salute*
Old 12-21-2005, 01:04 AM   #305
Sciari

Loremaster

Happy Frostfell Norrathians..  Grats Dregon on a truly enjoyable reading story.. I check back regularly as well... Have a happy holiday all!!! Sciari
Sciari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 09:05 PM   #306
davidrmcgee

Loremaster

It is a great story.*applauds.*
davidrmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:33 AM   #307
Dregon8

General

The panther sprang through the forest at a fast pace. Unfortunately for it, its capturer had discovered its escape much too soon for it to get very far. The clank of metal on metal told the panther that its pursuer was catching up and catching up fast. It didn’t make any sense. The cat was fast, it knew it was fast but the one it loathed above all others was faster. It knew it would have to find a place to hide, and fast.

The panther glanced up and found its answer. Without a moment’s pause the cat put its powerful legs underneath it and jumped into the trees. It leaped from limb to limb, doubling back on its original course, climbing ever higher into the tall trees of the Nektulos forest as it went. The panther froze in place and stayed silent the instant it heard movement below.

“Here kitty, kitty, kitty. Come to momma,” Tlurielle called, her eyes a flowing crimson, an evil smirk spread across her face. It wasn’t hard for her to follow the panther’s trail. It was obviously trying for speed, not secrecy. “You know you can’t escape me. I don’t even know why you try.”

With a suddenness that startled the panther, the high elf summoned her sand blade and with a mighty swipe, felled the tree the panther was perched in. The cat gave a startled cry as it jumped from the branches of the falling tree. The creature struck several branches on its decent to the forest floor, destroying its concentration. As its concentration left, its feline form followed. By the time she reached the ground, Sindienu was in her normal elven form on the brink of consciousness.

“Poor, sad little girl. How could one of my race fall so low?” Reyoky asked.  “Had you chosen to, you would have made a powerful necromancer. Why did you answer the call of nature? It is truly a waste of your talents.”

“I will hear no criticism from one who must live as a parasite,” Sindienu retorted, pushing herself up from the ground. She shook her head many times in order to clear the stars from her vision.

“Tsk, tsk, milady. It is not wise to insult your capturer, particularly when I have nothing to gain from your continued safety aside from a small amount of coin.” An extended blink put Tlurielle back in control of the shared body. She calmly walked over to the prone Sindienu. She kneeled down next to the injured druid and called on her healing powers. She chanted softly and healed many of Sindienu’s wounds. Tlurielle stood and hoisted the dark elf to her unsteady feet.

“Now, do I have to bind your hands or are you smart enough not to try and run again?” the high elf asked in a calming tone.

“Why do you do her bidding, isn’t it your body?” Sindienu asked quietly. “You’re so kind and gentle. It must cause you great pain to do the things she tells you.”

Tlurielle smirked in a pained way. “I could try to explain it, but no words could equate the hell that is being forced to share a body with the one you despise the most. Especially when she’s the one who decides who controls the body.”

“I’ve tried. Believe me, I’ve tried,” Tlurielle responded with a slight shake of her head. “So no more escape attempts, right? I can leave your hands unbound?”

Sindienu nodded reluctantly. In truth she had no other choice. She had just tried her only chance for escape and, needless to say, it had failed miserably.

“Are you mad at me?” Emirlee asked incredulously.

“That should go without saying,” Tarvos responded. He gently rolled the corpse over onto her back and folded her arms across her chest.

“What right do you have to be mad at me?” Emirlee asked, growing a little angry herself. She had thought her actions would further place her in his good graces. She now knew she had been sadly mistaken.

“By all means don’t get angry with me. I’m trying my damnedest to not kill you right now,” he said evenly. At first she thought it a joke but when his expression didn’t change she knew he was serious. “I realize you were trying to help me but had I been killed it would have been my own fault and no one else’s. What you did was inexcusable.”

“Shooting her in the back? Forgive me, but isn’t that what assassins do as part of their job. I really don’t think you can criticize me for that,” the human responded harshly.

“You shouldn’t have shot her at all. She was intent on her own battle and was paying little attention to her surroundings. You knew you couldn’t kill her with your blades and you knew that if she was not focused on something other then yourself that you would never be able to hit her with an arrow. The fact that you hit her in the back is of little consequence as far as I’m concerned. What you did was a cowardly act, however noble your intentions might have been.”
To be continued...Merry Christmas Guys.

Message Edited by Dregon828 on 12-23-2005 11:02 PM

Old 12-24-2005, 08:28 AM   #308
Ranuvan

Loremaster

YAY! what an Xmas present! one of hte best ive recieved! its been so long, i almost wanna go back and read it all over again....maybe in due time  SMILEY

O and idk if you care but one minor type-o with a mix up of words happened near the bottom, " but isn’t that was assassins do as part of their job"

was = what, right?

just trying to help, snot like you cant figure it out or anything ^.^

Ranuvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:04 AM   #309
Dregon8

General

What are you talkin about... I dont see any typo... *glances around nervously hoping no one sees the last post has been edited* (thanks, might have noticed eventually but it would have taken me a while)
Old 12-25-2005, 10:09 PM   #310
Ost

Ok, since there is no one on this forum that can appreciate my unique sense of humour I'll try to be as P.C. as possible...Dregon828,I would like to say that this addition to your story (typos or no) is in keeping with the great product you have thus far delivered and I am looking forward to you continuing the story at your earliest convenience.Ostac
Ost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:44 AM   #311
Ranuvan

Loremaster

Hee hee hee, nothing wrong with your type-os, just trying to help! ^.^ i know that it threw me off for a sec, since i was reading so fast trying to see what happened. Im sure everyone figured it out and all. =-P
Old 12-27-2005, 03:01 PM   #312
Zandig

Long overdue. But, most certainly welcome. This is an exceptional read! Hope you post again soon.
Zandig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:28 PM   #313
Kittypoo

Loremaster

Once again an excellent installment.

Thank you Dregon SMILEY

Phayd

Old 12-27-2005, 09:19 PM   #314
Silver_Feather

Loremaster

This story is GREAT so far,do keep it up. :smileywink:
Silver_Feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:48 PM   #315
Velissa

Loremaster

Another great installment.  Thanks for the present!! 

Looking forward to the next.  If I may, can I ask how much more to the story do you forsee?  Another 85  pages, or more like 30.  I can see you have a lot of things to cover and some great story lines to conclude, but was wondering if you have given some thought to the climax of the story and its ending.  I for one will get that same mixed set of emotions I get when ever I finish a great book.  Glad that I enjoyed the story, but sad that there is no more to read.

Velissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:01 AM   #316
y

Don't worry im sure if he ever runs out of stuff for this story he can always make a sequel, or even a make it a trilogy... All good fantasy comes in trilogys, unless your C.S. Lewis and then you just gotta be crazy and write seven of the little buggers...
y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:45 AM   #317
Modabi

Loremaster

im kind of confused. Sindienu went from wanting to hear a story why riding on a boat, to a panther trying to escape her capture. Did i miss something in the storyline? this is a pretty big jump in the story.  Dont get me wrong, this is a great story and i commend you on your writing . Im just curious to know why the large gap is all SMILEY .. keep the writing coming

Message Edited by Modabi on 12-30-2005 08:47 PM

Modabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 11:19 AM   #318
Ost

There's no gap.  She already had a plan to escape and he already had indicated that she was going to tell Sin the story.  He just chose not to completely re-hash something we already knew.Granted he could have put a line or two in saying that they had arrived at their destination or something but otherwise it picks up pretty much where it left off.

Message Edited by Ostac on 12-30-2005 10:20 PM

Ost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #319
spudAn

Ahhhh, breathes a contented sigh, fix now fixed, but, what's this? The tremors? The shakes? NOoooooo the withdrawl kicks in again SMILEY)

Grats again Dregon and hope you had a good Christmas and New Year and i also hope the family is ok post Katrina.
Courage is A Must
Respect must be earnt"
Old 01-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #320
spudAn

I've collated all your Story Dregon into one word document (156 pages!!), but i don't have a website or can't think of a way to place it here as a link for everyone, any one any ideas?

Courage is A Must
Respect must be earnt"
Old 01-05-2006, 02:47 AM   #321
Ranuvan

Loremaster

Print it out and send it to me!! =-P
Old 01-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #322
spudAn

If you had an e-mail address listed in your profile Ranuvan, I would send you a copy SMILEY

Courage is A Must
Respect must be earnt"
Old 01-06-2006, 07:39 AM   #323
Ranuvan

Loremaster

Idk if you already did but did ya ask the writer person guy? im assuming ya did, but jsut to double check! =-P

O and is there some way i could send you a form of PM?

Old 01-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #324
spudAn

Yes i asked and yes you can send PM - if you click on my name (spudAndy) or pic it should bring up options to PM.
Courage is A Must
Respect must be earnt"
Old 01-11-2006, 03:12 AM   #325
RayVe

Need Fix shakes are coming back plz give me a fix
RayVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #326
Dregon8

General

Its coming, its coming. Keep your pants on. *grumble grumble*
Old 01-12-2006, 04:32 AM   #327
Yamene

Loremaster

i don't want to keep my pants on....its to hard i need a fix way to bad....=)

border="0">

Yamene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:48 AM   #328
Ranuvan

Loremaster

This is gunna be good......
Old 01-13-2006, 05:16 AM   #329
Dregon8

General

Emirlee didn’t know how to respond. Now that he had said it she knew the truth behind her actions. It had been an act of cowardice. Not only the fatal shot but she had been cowardly from the first time she saw them. No matter how she looked at it she had been afraid to even get close to either of the dark elves. She had first brought them to the iksar’s attention, too afraid to even attempt them by herself. The Ranger had then fired a shot when she had thought the bruiser distracted. Much to her surprise that shot had missed. And then the final shot…

Was she really that much of a coward? She would use a friend as a shield while she kept a safe distance from harm? She was more ashamed of herself at that moment then she ever had been before. “I… I’m sorry,” she stammered.

“Save your breath,” the iksar responded coldly. “I’m not the one who needs apologizing to.” She nodded knowing as much.

“Any one need ‘elp over ‘ere?” Kyce asked as he walked up to battle scene. The iksar glanced down to the dwarf and nodded in Morc’s direction. “Right,” the dwarf said to the unspoken reply.

Kyce looked back to Jewls, “If’n yer up for it, the monk could use some help.”

“Kyce,” the halfling said barely above a whisper as they began their walk over to the unconscious dark elf pair. “I need to talk to you.”

The dwarf nodded, “I thought ye might.” He had known this was coming ever since he had rescued the halfling from the orc.

“You know how much your brother meant to me.” She gave a slight pause, not because she was expecting a response but because she needed to find the right words. “I think that’s why I should just stay on the ship when we reach the docks. I’m not of any use to you and I will end up getting one of you killed if I stay.” After a moment she added with a self-depreciating smile, “Let’s face it, I’m more accustomed to the kitchen then I am the battle field.”

“Aye, that ye are. But ye don’t give yerself enough credit as far as I kin tell. Without yer help this one would already be in the grave,” Kyce said giving Morc’s head a nudge with his boot. “Not ta mention tha others that ya healed on our walk over here.”

“Kyce, please don’t try to talk…” she began.

He quickly interrupted, “Don’t get me wrong now, I think yer decision ta stay on the boat when it reaches the docks is the right one. I was jus’ lettin’ ya know that I’ll miss ya. Yer pretty face don’t need to be seein’ things like this. Nor do I want ta see ya dead. I appreciate ye comin this far with me. I’m sure me brother does as well.”

Before he could say anything against it, Jewls hugged the dwarf tightly. “Thank you for understanding.”

“Me and me brother er blessed ta be yer friend. Or was in me brother’s case. Not quit with the grabbin’ ‘n heal up are friend here.” It was about that time that the dwarf noticed the other dark elf. “That's mighty interestin'. Either the monk got lucky durin' all the figh'en or I'm missin' somethin'. Oi, iksar!" he called over his shoulder. "What of this one?”

Tarvos looked the dwarf’s direction to see him indicating the unconscious Mairyl. “Don’t worry about her, she’s no longer a threat.” The dwarf gave him a very confused look which, in turn, confused the iksar until he realized that Kyce had not been around for all of the fighting between them. “Never mind. You shouldn’t need to worry about her, the worst wound she has is a bruise to the back of her neck.”

As if on cue, Mairyl let out a soft moan. Why is it so hot? she wondered to herself as she opened her bleary eyes. As her eyes focused she found herself face to face with the still unconscious monk. Startled, she scrambled back madly, taking a good deal of the pelts with her to expose the unclothed body of Morc. Jewls let out a squeak, both at the sudden movement from Mairyl and  seeing the unclothed monk.

“What is going on!” Mairyl demanded, looking around wildly at the unfamiliar faces and the monk she had just been lying next to. Tarvos’ visage finally caught her attention as did the corpse at his feet. Wild surprise instantly became seething fury. “YOU [Removed for Content]!” she yelled. “I’LL KILL YOU!!”

To be continued...Now apparently some of you have this as somewhere around the 150pg mark but as far as my M-word is concerned I just hit pg. 100!!!!! WOOT!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:50 AM   #330
Sir Dragonlord

Lord

Congratulations on hitting the century mark, keep up the great work, 

But I wonder will the dark elf see the humor in the situation, or like most dark elves will she just try to obliterate the offenders?