EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Ardrek

Lorekeeper

I just did the tami swifthammer quest chain and I started it with my crafting xp at roughly 12. The quests are relatively level 15 so all of her "challenging" items give great crafting XP. I finished the quest chain at a crafting level of 17. WOOT! Hardly had to make anything.

now the curse part, her quests don't give any crafting skill like

"you get better at whatever ( 29, 30 )" << everything is relatively easy to make at 99% of capacity

so Items that were "even" to make at a crafting experience of 12 are now stated to be very easy... but they aren't. They are very hard to make and I've figured out why.

"you get better at whatever ( 29, 70 )" <<< YOU CAN"T MAKE ANYTHING WITH <50% SKILL

stuff that was easy at 29,30 is now nearly impossible at 30,70

I curse you Tami

Ardrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Ardrek wrote:

I just did the tami swifthammer quest chain and I started it with my crafting xp at roughly 12. The quests are relatively level 15 so all of her "challenging" items give great crafting XP. I finished the quest chain at a crafting level of 17. WOOT! Hardly had to make anything.

now the curse part, her quests don't give any crafting skill like

"you get better at whatever ( 29, 30 )" << everything is relatively easy to make at 99% of capacity

so Items that were "even" to make at a crafting experience of 12 are now stated to be very easy... but they aren't. They are very hard to make and I've figured out why.

"you get better at whatever ( 29, 70 )" <<< YOU CAN"T MAKE ANYTHING WITH <50% SKILL

stuff that was easy at 29,30 is now nearly impossible at 30,70

I curse you Tami

Make lower level items to build that skill.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
Daryx
Server: Oasis
Guild: Ardagh Chalice

Loremaster

Most of the crafting quest lines are like that; everyone makes the same items using the common abilities like geocraft instead of making crafting-class-specific items that use your normal crafting abilities. You'll find yourself having to play catch-up whenever you do those lines, especially when they give you a lot of experience (you can got from 80-92 doing the quests and never use your normal abilities for example).

Daryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Keratis
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dynasty Reborn

Loremaster

Yep its a pretty simple fix though.  Make a couple items and spam your reactions.  I usually gain 5-10 points off one craft if I spam the reactions.  You will be back up there (1 Rush Order?) in no time.

Keratis is offline   Reply With Quote