EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
Mollusk

Loremaster

I'm not a huge fan of doing tradeskills (I don't hate it, either).  I was wondering if doing certain tradeskills were necessary for min/maxing in this game?  For example, in World of Warcraft (OMG), if you maxed out Leatherworking, you gained access to an enchant for your bracer slot that couldn't be obtained otherwise (have to have leatherworking skill at a certain level to use it, cannot be sold).

Catch my drift?

Mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
crazyeyes321

Loremaster

I am not aware of any item in this game that would fall into a similar situation.  All items that crafters make can be traded or consigned to others.  The only possible exception would be tinkering, back in the day it required tinkering skill to use items at various levels.  I am not sure if that is still the case, Ive never tinkered.

For the most part, crafting here is to avoid having to buy consummables from others at mark up prices.  Alchemist/Provisioner/Woodworker would be the go to professions if you are looking to use consummables often and dont want to pay others for their labor.

crazyeyes321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

with the changes that are coming this could be incoming but again it's hard to say until they open up the servers.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Finora

Tester

There is nothing in the game like that, there are things coming with the expansion that we won't know until they open up the beta servers. However, if they hold true to how things have been done in the past there should be nothing you would be locked into. All crafted items can be commissioned if nothing else.

There are things availble only to tinkers but they aren't gamebreaking if you don't have them. They are just nice to have sometimes (feign death on my mystic is always nice), but everyone can become a tinker as it is a secondary tradeskill.

Tinkers are supposed to be able to make the new green adornments they are adding in the expansion, but I'd be shocked if SOE did something as ridiculous as making them only availble to tinkers.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Ragnaphore

Loremaster

Primary tradeskills don't matter for Min/Max. Any will give you the "good stuff" like Solstice Earring for 40% runspeed or the evac from SF TS signature questline.

In the secondary tradeskills only "Tinkering" will really help (FD, 25%autorez, mana/HP regen for ex.) And while Transmuting and adorning will save you a lot of plats in the long run, you don't "need" them.

Ragnaphore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
Mollusk

Loremaster

Thanks for the responses.
Mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
Keratis
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dynasty Reborn

Loremaster

Yea as was said, there is no point in taking a tradeskill that does not give consumables or CA upgrades.  Any "item" crafting will be inferior typically to what drops in the world. 

So its Alchemist, Jeweler, Sage for CA upgrades.  Provisioner and Alchemist for pots.  I would argue even against Woodworker, but that's my preference.

Unless you are one of us crazy decorators, if so Carpenter would be the only choice for a primary character.

Keratis is offline   Reply With Quote