EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Connection Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
ntumulty

Loremaster

Since Tuesday, I cannot log in.  I start the game up, put in my password into Station Launcher and hit Launch.  It tells me disconnected from server.  I can't go any further.  I tried downloading the launcher again and using the other launcher in the directory and still get the same message.  Can somone please help me with this?? 

I tried everything, even resetting my router and everything.  Thanks.

ntumulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
ntumulty

Loremaster

Nevermind, I got it figured out.  Thanks

ntumulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Nik-Furi

Seer

Really?  How'd you fix it?  I haven't been able to log on since monday's maintenance.

Nik-Furi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
Pumpkinhouse

Lord

how did you fix it.

i cant seem to log in at all today.

please help.

Pumpkinhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
Pardinus

Loremaster

Same here for the 3rd day now. While trying to login I get the message "Disonnected from server."

This is extreme poor response from SOE.

I'm even not able to write a petition over the support page because there you can't choose the subject and NOT click the send button. This looks like a successful hacker attack on SOE.

I hope there will be a solution soon otherwise I will close all my accounts.

We are not paying for waiting or poor programmed games nor for unusable webpage design.

Pardinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
TSR-JoshuaM

Customer Service

I'm not aware of any ongoing issues but we did have LaunchPad problems following the maintenance that should be resolved now.  The issue you are experiencing might be different altogether than what occurred on the 24th.

Just to be clear, Station Launcher is no more and we have new links for our LaunchPad 4 (the only patcher that will work), but I'm sure that was just a mixing of titles.

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-JoshuaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
Pardinus

Loremaster

This is unbelievable! A TSR operative is answering here and NOT giving any concrete solution for the problem which players experiencing for days now. That's truly embarrasing!

For all which having the problem do the following procedure:

Go to

http://launch.soe.com/eq2 and click on "EQ2 Full 12.4 GB initial download of entire game"

(Don't be scared, it will not do so).

After clicking choose a place for the 12.1 MB Application (where you esay can find and access it) and click the save button to download it.

Than go to the location where you saved this file and start it (should be named "EQ2_Full_setup.exe").

Than choose (tickmark) "Reinstall/Repair" and click next.

Than you choose your installation path (like C:SonyEverquest II) means you present path where your EQ2 installation is original installed. (You don't have to search it - this setup program will point it out for you). After clicking next and Install your old EQ2 installation will be repaired and playable again.

This repair function is NOT repairing the station launcher! It is only updating your files so that you can play. After that try to bypass the station launcher while searching in your game directory the file "EQ2.exe" or "EverQuest2.exe". With this both files you are able to update or start the game.

Best regards

Pardinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #8
TSR-JoshuaM

Customer Service

I've responded to the thread starter, whom stated his issue was resolved. If you have your own issues, similar or not, please create a thread or ticket.  Keep in mind that I don't typically respond to posts that are reposted in multiple threads as it is prohibited by our forum guidelines.

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-JoshuaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
Onte-Befallen

Loremaster

Hey Pardinus, thanks for that suggestion.  I was about to give up and re-install another game instead of fumbling around with this.  I'm patching up the launcher and it seems I'll be good to go in no time at all.

Onte-Befallen is offline   Reply With Quote