EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Guardian
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-25-2005, 04:28 AM   #61
Nibbl

Gage-Mikel wrote:

In case you missed it, Sigon (posts under Ibishi) who does play a lvl 50 guardian, did in fact confirm my statements about the DPS he is capable of doing, including 214ish.

Thanks.

Saw it, he is talking about raids and having 50 raid buffs as well as not using taunts.  Raids make up less then 1% of game content!  Compare gards in a small group or solo compared to other fighters dps, i.e. 99% of the game content.

Problem is this Gage, you present this information like its common occurrence for high end gards. When the raid buffs are aligned, the fabled weapons in hand, adorned in full imbued armor, 5+ mobs for AE, and 100% haste then yes a gard can do 200dps. Gard dps is considerably less for a majority of the game situations, saying "gards have good dps I have seen it, they can do over 200" without putting into context is clear MISINFORMATION.

Thanks

Message Edited by Nibblar on 06-24-2005 08:50 PM

Thales 47 Illusionist, Epicurus 46 Inquisitor, Kyros 48 Necro
Nibbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:02 AM   #62
Ibis

General

I do more DPS per encounter on most single groups.  The AC on random group mobs is lower as are their levels, so my accuracy is better.  It depends on the encounter.  I do much better when I can AE.  Tremor, just by itself, is pretty [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] devastating, especially since it was given a DoT.  I have been using Staff of the Boar or some such, from Nagalik, for my higher DPS numbers.  Only recently did I become able to get such numbers, and on a single +++ mob its not likely I'll get over 200.  Not without quite a few more adept 3s and a better weapon.

Gage isn't exaggerating about the potential of the guardian class.
Ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:03 AM   #63
Nacoa

Loremaster

Nibblar wrote:

Gage-Mikel wrote:

In case you missed it, Sigon (posts under Ibishi) who does play a lvl 50 guardian, did in fact confirm my statements about the DPS he is capable of doing, including 214ish.

Thanks.

Saw it, he is talking about raids and having 50 raid buffs as well as not using taunts.  Raids make up less then 1% of game content!  Compare gards in a small group or solo compared to other fighters dps, i.e. 99% of the game content.

A guardian in a small group is operating in "tank mode", as such they can not reach their maximum DPS. Regardless, the argument is kinda silly.  It's sort of like asking which soapbox derby car will be faster when they're both lined up next to a few Indy cars.  They're both so much slower that the minor difference between them is irrelevant.
Nacoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 07:12 AM   #64
Gaige

Loremaster

Nacoa wrote:

A guardian in a small group is operating in "tank mode", as such they can not reach their maximum DPS.

Hello sir, thank you for stating a universal truth of all fighters.

None of us do as much DPS when tanking, because we have other [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] to do.

Thanks.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:07 AM   #65
Nibbl

Nacoa wrote:

A guardian in a small group is operating in "tank mode", as such they can not reach their maximum DPS.

Regardless, the argument is kinda silly.  It's sort of like asking which soapbox derby car will be faster when they're both lined up next to a few Indy cars.  They're both so much slower that the minor difference between them is irrelevant.

I agree but the raid situations that are being presented as common occurrences is misleading. Right now my lvl 45 gard varies between 40-70dps, based on taunt usage, non to lots.

People read these forums to create their classes, they should represent the classes accurately for majority of the game content and situations.

Thales 47 Illusionist, Epicurus 46 Inquisitor, Kyros 48 Necro
Nibbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 09:04 AM   #66
Gaige

Loremaster

I agree, which is why I've been pointing out that monks are a tank class since release, and if the combat wasn't so broken, our DPS would be lackluster because we would be taunting also SMILEY
Old 06-25-2005, 10:00 AM   #67
ArcisFort

I use 2 imbune cedar crush and do around 100 dps......
Old 06-25-2005, 10:48 AM   #68
Ibis

General

Something you need to consider, when the rest of the people you're with also kick [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] the mob dies sooner and your DPS is therefore higher because theirs is higher.  I am able to perform 200 dps, but these aren't controlled situations.  We'd have to go get the same mob or type of mobs, under as similar a situation as possible (solo) and see how our DPS compares.  One of the better test areas could be spiders or giants or many other of the new solo or older group mobs in Everfrost.  I'm personally unwilling to perform any such test because I could care less about the results.  I have performed 200+ DPS in several situations, but that is aided by the relatively high DPS of my guildmates in making the mob die faster.

I still don't care about whatever monk vs. warrior discussion is going on here but the discussion on DPS of one guardian to another isn't one based on even remotely decent comparisons.  But if you're going to compare a guardian and a monk, I have (overall) better gear than gaige and on most raids we have similar DPS.  I'm a more than "average" equipped guardian.  There are plenty of guardians with more fabled than me SMILEY.
Ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 07:57 PM   #69
Dovifat

Loremaster

Funny how some people try to compare
  • tanking
  • non-raid-buffed
  • average equipment
dps to
  • non-tanking
  • raid-buffed ( dps team )
  • fabled stuff
dps. ps: I didn't see any indication anywhere that Monks currently do, or will ever tank better  than Guardians. The OP is a troll that smells a mile against the wind.
Dovifat is offline   Reply With Quote