EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Guardian
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-24-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
Noah

Loremaster

Looking to make a list of every buff that impacts the skill Spell Avoidance.  The only buff I know guardians get is Uthros Defiant Cry (+4 SA).  Let me know if there is anything else you guys can dig up.

Thanks in advance
Noah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:11 AM   #2
pawnipt

Loremaster

For my SK i chose a buff that uses one cont, and can buff any group member, one of the stats of it gives 7 to spell avoidance, but when i check my spell avoidance it actually gives 8, the spell is white at lvl 50. I believe illusionists have a spell avoidance buff as well as dirges.  But as for SK's it has to be chosen from a special skills trait thing, there is also a earing called Zig's wing that gives 2 to spell avoidance, im trying to find more items that give those buffs.
pawnipt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:03 AM   #3
tsaav

i know this sounds weird but i think its wisdom we want from: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/classes/playguide.vm?classId=1 "Wisdom –  The higher your character's wisdom, the more successful they will be at both landing and avoiding magic-based attacks. "
tsaav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
Mentin

Loremaster

With the new combat system spell avoidance will depend on the difference between defenders wis and casters int, at least in part.

Mentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:11 PM   #5
blueduckie

Loremaster

Troubador have spell aboidance song also - Swan Song i believe is the name

They actually can have 3 but they do not stack i had my brother test it.

Message Edited by blueduckie on 05-17-2005 05:12 AM

blueduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:04 PM   #6
KaynanEmberwood

Loremaster

Aye, illusionists have a line of buffs that increase spell avoidance. The level 49 version "Aspect of Mind" has this description from eq2 players: "An augmentation that increases the Power pool and Arcane mitigation of the illusionists allies and also slightly increases Spell Avoidance." I'll check when I get home to see by exactly how much it increases.  (Where do you check your current Spell Avoidance anyways?)
Old 05-17-2005, 10:32 PM   #7
Ibis

General

its a skill like defense.  i imagine its 250 for all classes at 50, unbuffed.
Ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:16 AM   #8
FamilyManFir

Mentin wrote:

With the new combat system spell avoidance will depend on the difference between defenders wis and casters int, at least in part.

Mentin, I think that's incorrect. Here's the quote from Moorgard about casters, Int and Wis:- There is now a spell damage bonus based on the difference between the caster's intelligence and the target's wisdom. This works similarly to the bonus applied to melee damage based on the attacker's strength verus the target's agility.I don't think that Spell Avoidance will be affected by Int or Wis at all; rather, there will be a damage bonus for Int that can be reduced or eliminated with Wis. Of course, that means that any spell without damage will get no benefit from high Int at all, but that's another issue.
FamilyManFir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:12 AM   #9
Tankz

Dirge and Illusionist are the ones i use when i wanna go spell avoidance. I get 268 I believe when i buff for spell avoidance and don't take much of a hit to defense or other pertinant stats. Not sure how the SK one works, something i'll definatel have to look into.
Tankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:13 PM   #10
Pins

General

KaynanEmberwood wrote:Aye, illusionists have a line of buffs that increase spell avoidance. The level 49 version "Aspect of Mind" has this description from eq2 players: "An augmentation that increases the Power pool and Arcane mitigation of the illusionists allies and also slightly increases Spell Avoidance." I'll check when I get home to see by exactly how much it increases.  (Where do you check your current Spell Avoidance anyways?)

It's either 3 or 4, Can't remember off the top of my head, but it's fairly low.

Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Confirmed on Unrest
Pins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:47 PM   #11
KaynanEmberwood

Loremaster

Yea, I checked it the other day and forgot to reply. At 49 with adept 1, that buff adds 4 to spell avoidance. -Kaisa, AB