EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Guardian
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-02-2005, 08:14 PM   #1
nuz

Think it was one of moorguards quotes any way here it goes "- Increasing your Defense skill gives you a better chance of avoiding attacks, but there is now a cap on how much it can be buffed or debuffed" Okay i can't even use my stances now because they don't do anything do to the cap. Now assuming SOE pulls the typical same old BS i am gona guess that they arn't going to bother changing our abiltys that give us defensive buffs to something that we will aucttly be able to use.  Any one on test that could put any input would be great.
nuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
Noah

Loremaster

I would say switch to de-caf till we actually see what the changes will be.  Even the test server does not have the final combat build that they want on Live servers.  :smileywink:

Noah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:32 PM   #3
Oakwood

Tester

/agree Noah
Oakwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:54 AM   #4
Mentin

Loremaster

Likely defense will be buffable.. just not unlimited buffable. I doubt a guardian will be able to reach the buff limit with his own buffs only, that would sort of invalidate the value of other classes buffs.

Currently you can heap defense buffs from 3-4-5 classes on the guardian and they will all add. When it is capped I guess you will reach the cap with guardians self buffs + one more class buffs or so.

Mentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
Ibis

General

i am opposed to any cap to the skill itself.  the buffs need to be changed to meet the needs of what they feel should be the cap.  any cap whatsoever mitigates the need and desire to upgrade +def buffs and thats the wrong way to tackle the problem.
Ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #6
ugl

Caps are always bad, always have been for anything.   We do not need to see the changes to know this.
ugl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 07:05 PM   #7
Xtremeeeee

Very bad idea to have a cap. I have already got 3 buffs that give me +defence and just using one puts me on the cap! (Which for my level is only 10 higher than normal).
Xtremeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 07:33 PM   #8
Styk

Seems like they are implementing caps as a stop gap till the next expansion, i agree that it is bad , they should have instead corrected buff stacking to address this issue instead of the incomming mess that is going to be the "new and improved combat system " Hopefully they improved all our taunts also once the fix priest agro issues from reactives etc because atm offtanking in raids is sooo hard when the MT gets a ton of agro from reactives and its difficult  to rip adds off of them after intial pull.. ( meaning when you pull the boss and it has buddies etc )