EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 08:56 AM   #31
Garlicyesterday

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 74
Default

Blackdog , where the hell u got those infos about pallys healing for 1k single target at lvl 43 ?
 
Our latest heals as pally heals for 712hp at adept3...hmmm
 
 
 
 
Varkas- 50th pal from Crushbone
__________________
Garlicyesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:02 AM   #32
Blackdog183

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 267
Default



DonSavantx wrote:



As you can see the following is true:
 
1. I have far better stats in all of them...
2.My gear is equal to or better than his in every single slot(he has some green gear etc)
3. He has MORE hps than I do with lesser stats/gear
4. He has almost as much mitigation as I do with lower stats/gear
5. He has almost as much avoidance with FAR less AGI and NO SHIELD.
 



I would call 200 mitigation and 9% avoidance a pretty big difference.  Also like someone mentioned, you wards/life taps are essentially hp buffs.  They might not be overpowering but every little bit adds up.  Add up all the heals/wards you can put on in a fight and add it to your hp. 
 
 You strength is also higher, and the persona window doesn't show how that makes you char better.
 
Basically, just comparing the two persona windows is not enough information to base your argument one.  Do some parsin on damage given/recieved and come back when you have a real argument.



Ok, all of my Lifetaps-

Consume Vitae AD3- 86 hps

Pharias Mark- 45 hps

Swarming spirits- 80 hps

Thats 211 hps for 263 power....

Unholy Blessing- Wards for 547 unmitigated damage, so it eqates out to about 100 damage if your lucky...143 power

So lets see....311 hps for 406 power, oh wait thats the same power I have to use to hold aggro.  So now Im burning 1/4(ish) of my power to heal myself ONCE.  Thats alot of damned power for not alot of heal.  Oh wait, that zerker(or any other class) that gets a nice POWER FREE hps advancement doesent have to spend that power to get those hps now do they?

So once again, dont use the BS argument about lifetaps and wards, cause quite frankly it wont get you very far.  Anyone that says shadowknight lifetaps and wards are worth the substantial loss to hps/avoidance and mit is just plain damned clueless.

So it comes back to the balance situtation, after you are now informed of the actual effects of lifetaps and the crap ward we get, do you still feel theres balance there?

 

__________________
Iceband Fatebringer
Leader-Shadows of Freeport
51SK/59 alchey
Blackdog183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:04 AM   #33
Garlicyesterday

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 74
Default

Bleh hit submit too fast lol...Seriously guys , stop talking about balance of classes when ur lvl 30 , not judging anyone while saying this , i just mean lvl up to end game , start raiding , err do lots of raids even then you will start to know your class and what u can really do then talk , before that there is really no point on talking about this...
 
 
And as far as in raid situation , id say prolly pallies are the ones left behind a bit in raid role i mean, and ive been raiding for 4months , not trowing that in air without any knowledge of paladins.
 
 
Varkas- 50th pal from Crushbone
__________________
Garlicyesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 04:00 PM   #34
Pinkflo

General
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 17
Default

Somebody said that SKs HP/mitigation  or w/e is lower cuz we have lifetaps,FD,harmtouch.... but if you knew anything about SKs all those abilitys are worthless... highest lifetap is like ummm 100 hitpoints back..... FD only works on mobs 35 or below.... harmtouch is a PoS it gets resisted half the time and it does about 1500 with a hour recast... WOW... i cant stand it when people say that  those r the benfits of being a SK cuz they rlly suck... mayb if those abilitys were just a little bit useful then id understand
Pinkflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 04:20 PM   #35
Krognal Itchyb

 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4
Default



Yennik wrote:
The way the game stands right now gear means very little if any at all!!  Your level is 99% of your power, everything else means squat.  I wish gear would mean more in this game because it would add  stratigy to what you pick to put on.  Sadly this is NOT the case at all.  You can take all your gear off and fight a caster mob that is 7 levels below you and you will resist darn near 100% of his spells (yet your resist stats are zero).  Why?  because your level is the factor not your gear.  That same mob used to land spells all the time on you just 7 levels ago with full gear on, and now with no gear it can't hit you.
 
Thus,
Level > all (nothing else matters much in this game)

Message Edited by Yennik on 05-24-2005 12:15 PM



not trying to be picky, but i think you will find resistance to spell in the bio refers to the percentage amount of damage resisted, not the chance of resisting the spell outright.
Krognal Itchyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 04:37 PM   #36
Ki

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4
Default

Could the reason the bruiser has similar hp be that he has a pretty good HP buff that you don't and he was actually buffing himself, or maybe you and him were just standing by each other and you missed the fact that he was grouped with templar or some other buff class that made his stats better then equipment alone could give him.

Just running around inspecting different people is in no way a means to test whether you are UBAH enough to feel good about yourself.   Play your own character and let others play them, SK are a very decent class, so what the hell is the problem.

Ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #37
Blackdog183

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 267
Default



Kick wrote:

Could the reason the bruiser has similar hp be that he has a pretty good HP buff that you don't and he was actually buffing himself, or maybe you and him were just standing by each other and you missed the fact that he was grouped with templar or some other buff class that made his stats better then equipment alone could give him.

Just running around inspecting different people is in no way a means to test whether you are UBAH enough to feel good about yourself.   Play your own character and let others play them, SK are a very decent class, so what the hell is the problem.




He was grped with me, we had no templar, no scout(IE troub buffs).  The group consisted of 43 wizzy, 43 pally, myself, and him.  So no, I wasnt randomly running around inspecting people....Please go baack and re-read the original post.
__________________
Iceband Fatebringer
Leader-Shadows of Freeport
51SK/59 alchey
Blackdog183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 08:14 PM   #38
Arsen

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 158
Default

You also have to consider that both mitigation and avoidance are RELATIVE numbers based on your level.  You are avoiding 64.8% of attacks from a level 46 monster while he is avoiding 55.6% of attacks from a level 44 monster.  If you both were fighting the same level monster you would see a much larger difference than 9%.  Same for mitigation (which if you look in the persona window, it shows it as a percentage). Yes there are tanking inequalities that need to be adressed in the combat system, but this post does not prove anything at all.
__________________

Let's keep the discussion out of the realm of the absurd. - SOELegal
Arsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:10 AM   #39
Blackdog183

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 267
Default



Arsenal wrote:
You also have to consider that both mitigation and avoidance are RELATIVE numbers based on your level.  You are avoiding 64.8% of attacks from a level 46 monster while he is avoiding 55.6% of attacks from a level 44 monster.  If you both were fighting the same level monster you would see a much larger difference than 9%.  Same for mitigation (which if you look in the persona window, it shows it as a percentage).

Yes there are tanking inequalities that need to be adressed in the combat system, but this post does not prove anything at all.



Yes they are a relative number, but take into consideration, he has almost equal hps/mit/avoid to me with far lesser stats, now what do you think would happen if he were higher level and using more of the AC on the armor he is wearing?  The balance would be even more apparant.  This post proves that 1. The justification of their hps/mit/avoidance bonuses are bullsh*t when compared to the craptastic skills that SK's get(I can really speak for other classes as I dont play them).  2. That gear/stats means ZERO when it should be the defining differenence of a tank REGARDLESS of class/archetype.

 

__________________
Iceband Fatebringer
Leader-Shadows of Freeport
51SK/59 alchey
Blackdog183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:58 AM   #40
AzraelAzgard

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 511
Default

Heh how about balancing Priest Manapools.

Same group so same group buffs. Look at difference in stats, lvl, gear and look at difference in mana oh and hp too SMILEY

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=38406303 - gear is here, not crap SMILEY

AzraelAzgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:17 AM   #41
Rhaam

 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The LBC
Posts: 74
Default



 2. That gear/stats means ZERO when it should be the defining differenence of a tank REGARDLESS of class/archetype.


Sweet. I'm tanking naked!
__________________
"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication."-Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols, "Expeditions of an Untimely Man"
Rhaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:59 AM   #42
Cast

General
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 76
Default



Blackdog183 wrote:


Kick wrote:

Could the reason the bruiser has similar hp be that he has a pretty good HP buff that you don't and he was actually buffing himself, or maybe you and him were just standing by each other and you missed the fact that he was grouped with templar or some other buff class that made his stats better then equipment alone could give him.

Just running around inspecting different people is in no way a means to test whether you are UBAH enough to feel good about yourself.   Play your own character and let others play them, SK are a very decent class, so what the hell is the problem.




He was grped with me, we had no templar, no scout(IE troub buffs).  The group consisted of 43 wizzy, 43 pally, myself, and him.  So no, I wasnt randomly running around inspecting people....Please go baack and re-read the original post.


Hold on where was the bruiser brought into this? Thought it was a zerker he was talking about. Bruiser has no self HP buff.
Cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 07:59 PM   #43
Blackdog183

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 267
Default

It was a zerker, thats why I told him to go re-read the OP lol
__________________
Iceband Fatebringer
Leader-Shadows of Freeport
51SK/59 alchey
Blackdog183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 02:04 AM   #44
Ibis

General
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 155
Default

first, shields dont offer much avoidance and that needs to change.  take yours off and you won't be far from him.  that is an unrelated issue.  My fabled tower doesn't even grant 9% more avoidance and you're wearing a legendary kite.
 
second, what buffs did you each have?
 
third, what food were you eating?
 
fourth, what traditions and traits did you each pick?  I [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] well bet that as a dwarf he chose the 3% hitpoint tradition he is offered that you are not.
 
I've asked you all these things before in previous posts when you claimed that you were inferior to some specific warrior you randomly inspected.  Unless you're willing to offer up all of this information you don't have a case.  Same level, same race, same food, unbuffed and you'll have a far more credible comparison.  Also the participation of the other party in your thread, discussing the differences, would help.
Ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:45 AM   #45
uzhiel feathered serpe

 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 461
Default

You people dont seem to undertsand the bottom line. Casting everything else aside he should have a [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] load more hit points just for having 67 extra stamina points. I wont speak for mitigation and avoidance, but as sure as the sun rises, last time i checked extra Sta points means MORE hit points. Even if you take into account the extra hit points from training traits, we are talking about 67 [Removed for Content] seven more sta points.

THERE is NO excuse for that. There is no way to excuse that little gap in hit points, unless that BERs is buffed somehow in a manner we cannot see.

uzhiel feathered serpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 06:57 AM   #46
jordaann

Tester
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 114
Default

I agree to the previous poster.  SK vs bers is NOT the  point.  One class with good gear vs One class with poor gear in the same archetype should not have similar stats (HP, mitigation, avoidance)
jordaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 08:48 AM   #47
Ibis

General
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 155
Default

its pretty obvious there are buffs involved uzhiel.  if I was to make such a comparison the first thing I would do is invite the compared party to discuss it with me on the forums.  blackdog is not giving the right information.
 
I have no problem with there being a fair comparison between two similar players, but no we don't know what each person is wearing either.  For all we know the dwarf has several high +HP items.  And yes a 3% HP trait that a dwarf has access to means quite a bit.
 
There is a platform for such comparisons, they must be either very equal (let them put on a full suit of common tier 5 crafted and be the same level) or a full accounting of every minute difference must be given.  comparing a dwarf and a dark elf is a poor way to begin, them being different levels moreso.  I'm sorry but this post serves no constructive purpose.  I already asked for all kinds of information in previous discussions and for some reason this is a sudden "HA, TAKE THAT!" revelation?  No, I'm afraid the invitation was already extended and it still has not been taken up.  This is sloppy work.

Message Edited by Ibishi on 05-28-2005 12:50 AM

Ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:13 PM   #48
Quai Chan Ka

 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 32
Default

Im sorry Blackdog i must be missing something here, let me get this straight You chose a shadowknigt...a class that can summon a pet, sihpon hp from mobs, harm touch, and all that jazz but your expecting to have equal hp, mitigation, avoidance, power to a beserker or guardian? Well im sorry to tell you thats not gonna happen and ill tell you the main reason why it wont. For starters a shadowknight like a paladin is yep you guessed it a hybrid. A beserker and a guardian however are pure warriors that means when it comes to castin a spell im afraid to say their out of luck. Now check this out, say your low on health heals arent comin in as fast as u need them what can u do? cast a nice siphon life spell. Now what about the guardian or the beserker? Uh little help here im dieing lol. But i understand you want your class to be a bit more powerful.....but if you are expecting to have equal hps,power,avoidance,mitigation then why dont u be the fair guy that im sure u are and say although this would make the game more balancing in my opinion i believe the beserker and guardian should also be able to summon their own pets and have spells just like us so we could be equal. Because thats what u want right for us to be equal? Take the subtle point im trying to show u and leave it be. Things are fair as it is, otherwise ull contribute to everyone basically being the same class and that is not fun at all.
Quai Chan Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:41 PM   #49
macrosssd

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7
Default

He was invited to the group, but on the OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP when I examined him, was curious to see what DW weapons he was using when I noticed his stats/hps/ac ratio.

------

So what were his hps when he got close enough to give you his buffs?  Perhaps all his buffs just buff hps and not mitigation so thats why it's white.  Maybe he ate some +hp food too, or drank a +hp potion.  But just because his mitigation is white does not mean his hps are not buffed up.  But yeah perhaps he picked hp traits and you did not.

Also lvls don't add to your mitigation, just buffs and gear does.  Your mitigation % is based on lvl46.  Divide his by 44 and you'll get his % as well.  If your gear doesn't change as you lvl you actualy mitigation and avoidance goes down if you are unbuffed, if all your gear is white or lower.  Green gear/blue gear can oftentimes add more mitigation, as its already maxxed out.  Your ebon or rubicite [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] won't give its full benefit till you are lvl 50 anyway if you know what I'm saying.  Sometimes its better to wear a 200 mitigation armor that caps at 45, than to wear 250 mitigation one that caps at 50 because that 250 mitigation armor might only give like 180 mit at 45.  Also when you inspect him you see his armor as green blue cause you are lvl46.  The armor con is based on your lvl when you peek at someone.

Anyways, levels mean alot in this game, and its way unfair to compare when you are 2 lvls higher.

macrosssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #50
Ibis

General
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 155
Default

A pretty good way to test the differences would be to have them both be at the level cap, both go and solo for a while with the same gear and parse the damage taken. Use whatever self buffs you want.  Parses are where the truth of it has come out in EQ1.  That is mostly because less information was available to EQ1 players and there were stronger differences in tanking classes.  In EQ2 crusaders and warriors are much closer in tanking than they were in EQ1 and the complaints are simply not justified.  Even then parses weren't respectable unless they were several hours, even days, of time played toward that singular goal.
Ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 04:11 PM   #51
Blackdog183

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 267
Default



Quai Chan Kain wrote:
Im sorry Blackdog i must be missing something here, let me get this straight You chose a shadowknigt...a class that can summon a pet, sihpon hp from mobs, harm touch, and all that jazz but your expecting to have equal hp, mitigation, avoidance, power to a beserker or guardian? Well im sorry to tell you thats not gonna happen and ill tell you the main reason why it wont. For starters a shadowknight like a paladin is yep you guessed it a hybrid. A beserker and a guardian however are pure warriors that means when it comes to castin a spell im afraid to say their out of luck. Now check this out, say your low on health heals arent comin in as fast as u need them what can u do? cast a nice siphon life spell. Now what about the guardian or the beserker? Uh little help here im dieing lol. But i understand you want your class to be a bit more powerful.....but if you are expecting to have equal hps,power,avoidance,mitigation then why dont u be the fair guy that im sure u are and say although this would make the game more balancing in my opinion i believe the beserker and guardian should also be able to summon their own pets and have spells just like us so we could be equal. Because thats what u want right for us to be equal? Take the subtle point im trying to show u and leave it be. Things are fair as it is, otherwise ull contribute to everyone basically being the same class and that is not fun at all.


Ok, im trying really hard to just not assume your a complete idiot and move on.  Please tell me your jokin about the lifetaps, look at my post above when I explained to you just how much I get from a COMPLETE set of ALL my lifetaps.  Its less than a hit from a SOLO mob.  BTW they cost POWER.  So do I consider the fact that I get LFT's and wards into the equation, not in their current state no.  Its laughable that you even make that asinine suggestion, let alone think you can/should use lifetaps as an argument here.  You know how many times my lifetaps have ACTUALLY saved me from dying because heals werent forthecoming, NONE.  Thats right none, not once has my lifetaps made the difference between life and death.  Sorry but that 90 hps here for 116 power etc....doesent add up when mobs are hittin for 200-1200 or higher.

The sublte point your trying to make...is wrong man, get real.  Do I want all tanks to be the exact same, no not at all, do I want things to be fair and balanced, damned right I do.  Do I want the fact that I have signifigantly better gear/stats to make a difference, YES.

Ibishi, as for your comments, Ive explained those things to you in the past, numerous times in several threads.  Ive made you look the fool alot lately, just leave it be.

__________________
Iceband Fatebringer
Leader-Shadows of Freeport
51SK/59 alchey
Blackdog183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 05:07 PM   #52
Styk

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 559
Default

Blackdog stop trying to make your class look like a bunch of whiners.... You know [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] well gear means squat compared to lvls.... I have a Shadow Knight in My guild who is one lvl lower with not even close gear to me but can out solo me in mobs for one simple reason.... SURVIVABILITY....... Berserkers have HP ( due to buff stacking which should be corrected ) /ATK and Haste buffs which is awesome in a group but diminished in solo ... Our defense buffs are broken since they can ALL BE OVERWRITTEN ( inc stance ) we have no survivabilty without a healer since we are made for agro and dmg only ( solo wise against even con ^^ mobs we would be eaten alive ) Shadow knights have Lifetaps ( gimped out BUT you have something that can be improved on while we dont ) evac at 44, Feign Death anyone you choose to ( works really nice in raids esp to save a wipe ) you can fear mobs ( only fear type skill we get is our lvl 50 AE taunt which doesnt even work atm ) and you can still tank even con ^^ mobs since you can um KITE ..... If you are disillusioned with your class , I feel your pain cuz i TOTALLY AGREE that SK's are hella [Removed for Content] compared to Paladins and other plate tanks.... But dont make yourself look stupid and say that you are imbalance compared to a zerker because BERSERKERS are on the lowest end of survivabilty compare to the other plate tanks......... ( even with "superior" hp to Shadow knights )
__________________
Zesstra - 70 Warlock
Halcyon Affinity - Antonia Bayle
Styk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 09:19 PM   #53
Blackdog183

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 267
Default



Styker wrote:
Blackdog stop trying to make your class look like a bunch of whiners.... You know [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] well gear means squat compared to lvls....

I have a Shadow Knight in My guild who is one lvl lower with not even close gear to me but can out solo me in mobs for one simple reason....

SURVIVABILITY.......


Berserkers have HP ( due to buff stacking which should be corrected ) /ATK and Haste buffs which is awesome in a group but diminished in solo ... Our defense buffs are broken since they can ALL BE OVERWRITTEN ( inc stance ) we have no survivabilty without a healer since we are made for agro and dmg only ( solo wise against even con ^^ mobs we would be eaten alive )

Shadow knights have Lifetaps ( gimped out BUT you have something that can be improved on while we dont ) evac at 44, Feign Death anyone you choose to ( works really nice in raids esp to save a wipe ) you can fear mobs ( only fear type skill we get is our lvl 50 AE taunt which doesnt even work atm ) and you can still tank even con ^^ mobs since you can um KITE .....

If you are disillusioned with your class , I feel your pain cuz i TOTALLY AGREE that SK's are hella [Removed for Content] compared to Paladins and other plate tanks....

But dont make yourself look stupid and say that you are imbalance compared to a zerker because BERSERKERS are on the lowest end of survivabilty compare to the other plate tanks......... ( even with "superior" hp to Shadow knights )



Fear..ROFL, hey bud, I dont have fear....never have had it, and I dont recall seeing any fear component spells for a shadowknight anywhere.

Im not trying to say Zerkers inspisific are the problem, no not at all.  What I am pointing out is the fact that 1. Gear should me mean more in determining the quality of tank you are, 2. SK's specifically are underpowered due to the craptastic lifetaps that the devs seem to use as justification to [Removed for Content] our stats.

Also as a note, our lifetaps are SO very crappy(didnt wanna get Faarnerfed) that I rarely use them, if at all, because they are waste of power given tehir returns.  Guess what I do know, soloing for you shouldnt be an issue at all.  I do solo alot, and I DO LESS DPS than you, I can guarantee that, and am good at it, without the lifetaps.

That Feign death you mentioned, ya BARELY works, and I do mean barely, probably 2/10 times it actually does what its supposed to.  Our lifetaps do not add to our survivability, they dont even add in 5% of my health when using a complete set of them, not even 5%....thats not even enough to bother with.  Do you really think that an extra 200 hps in lifetaps means a damned thing when its what..1 swing from a solo mob, not EVEN a swing from a group mob.  Sorry man, just forget about LFT's.  Might as well pretend they dont even exist.

__________________
Iceband Fatebringer
Leader-Shadows of Freeport
51SK/59 alchey
Blackdog183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 11:14 PM   #54
Zoradan

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 186
Default



Styker wrote:

Shadow knights have Lifetaps ( gimped out BUT you have something that can be improved on while we dont ) evac at 44, Feign Death anyone you choose to ( works really nice in raids esp to save a wipe ) you can fear mobs ( only fear type skill we get is our lvl 50 AE taunt which doesnt even work atm ) and you can still tank even con ^^ mobs since you can um KITE .....

But dont make yourself look stupid

I don't realy care abought you two and your love spat but at least be correct when you say some one is making them selfs look stupid, you did get the free mirror for your room at lvl 4 right?

a) Life tap, as you said gimped, I get 98 hp returned on a 20 sec cast time (or 10? I rarly use it) it's more a extra dps spell when I have power on a raid.

b) I'll give you evac is handy.

c) FD dose not work in raids, your raid right? FD basicly stopped working at lvl 35, lvl 35+ mobs see thrue it 90% of the time. It's for all intentions a fun spell now, it's good for a corps humping after the raid mob fell and some one was a noob.

d) Got that mirror handy? We dont get a fear in EQ 2. :smileywink:

e) Ya we can kite with 4 or 5 spells, take a day and a week to kill something but it dose work.

 

Ok I'm out, have fun and rember to kiss and make up before you two go to tbed for the night. :smileytongue:

__________________
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Zoradan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:46 PM   #55
Landiin

Loremaster
Landiin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,749
Default

My goodness, did any of you people ever think about what your class realy was? SK are part caster, They came about when some necro chick with big [Removed for Content] and a tight [Removed for Content], got some pally drunk and had his kid. Lets see a zerker would be a cross between a guard and hmm a monk or other dps fighter. So we all know Guards are > all, so any thing that was part Guard would be betterSMILEY Just having fun with u people that take this game way to much at heart.
__________________
Landiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 06:59 PM   #56
Margen

Loremaster
Margen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 648
Default



Landiin wrote:
My goodness, did any of you people ever think about what your class realy was? SK are part caster, They came about when some necro chick with big [Removed for Content] and a tight [Removed for Content], got some pally drunk and had his kid. Lets see a zerker would be a cross between a guard and hmm a monk or other dps fighter. So we all know Guards are > all, so any thing that was part Guard would be betterSMILEY

Just having fun with u people that take this game way to much at heart.



Sorry but that argument doesn't hold water due to one issue, EVERY class in EQ2 is part caster.  Guardians and Zerkers get group buffs, you know what those are SPELLS.  If we are going to go back to the Hybrid arguemnt (which Sony specifficly stated, that there was no hybrids), then your setting clases up to be gimped.  The goal should be that the six fighter based classes are different, but they can perform their main job effictivly (tanking), and generally equally, and all (including Guardians) have a valuable secondary job for when they are not MTing.

V/R

Blackoath 35th Troll Shadow Knight

__________________
Blackoath Uglyone 80 Shadow Knight of Chaos

Phang 80 Swashbuckler of Chaos

You EVER going to fix SKs Sony?
Margen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:02 AM   #57
TopHatJon

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 45
Default

If you only care about being the biggest, strongest, and baddest person around....prepare to be dissapointed your entire life, both in-game and out. There is always someone better than you. But don't envy that guy b/c there is someone somewhere who is better than him. Just try to be the best you can be and stop worrying so much.
 
If you like playing your crusader then go ahead and have fun! There is nothing stopping you from enjoying your character b/c someone else has a few more points in ther stats. You can do things that the other fighters can't do. If it doesn't make you happy to do the things that make you unique then I guess you picked the wrong class for the wrong reason.
TopHatJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:35 AM   #58
Birdrunn

 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 135
Default



TopHatJones wrote:
If you only care about being the biggest, strongest, and baddest person around....prepare to be dissapointed your entire life, both in-game and out. There is always someone better than you. But don't envy that guy b/c there is someone somewhere who is better than him. Just try to be the best you can be and stop worrying so much.
 
If you like playing your crusader then go ahead and have fun! There is nothing stopping you from enjoying your character b/c someone else has a few more points in ther stats. You can do things that the other fighters can't do. If it doesn't make you happy to do the things that make you unique then I guess you picked the wrong class for the wrong reason.



Right, because we all know ever Barbarian Guardian in Ebon is SO different...
Birdrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:27 AM   #59
Ethelwo

General
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 212
Default

I certainly am Glad I chose to make a Berserker, Those Shadow Knights Blow, hehe

Last night a Shadow Knight walked into a bar he had one light bear and passed out.

The other day in the drug store I saw a Shadow Knight stocking up on  kleenex and diapers. He stopped briefly at the profolactics and just shook his head.

I got a letter in the mail from the STSKF (Save the Shadow Knight Foundation). I trashed it of course.

I recently watched an episode of the O'Rielly factor and it was disclosed the most members of NAMBLA were Shadow Knights.

I saw a passed out drunken Shadow Knight in the back ally not too long ago and a dog came along and peed on him.

A Shadow Knight was sighted recently in heavy aluminum foil armor. Some one grabbed him and stuck his TV antana cable to his head now he gets the Cartoon channel.

A Shadow Knight was kicked out of the boy scouts for being a cross dresser.

Ok add your Shadow Knight jokes below:

Ethelwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:34 AM   #60
Styk

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 559
Default

Margen guess what those buffs are not spells they are combat arts.... if they were spells then we would have a spell book section in our knowledge book ( which we dont have ) To the OP of this thread.... whine whine away, if im correct there is an SK on your forums who just posted a video of him tanking Darathar ( oops im sorry was i suppose to say that? ) ANY Tank can tank any encounter in this game with the proper raid force and skill ... ( just depends if your guild will see past the guardian = super tank mentality ) and yes you stil lhavent answered me how well SK's vs Berserkers are solo wise .... If your not happy with your class , there is nothing we can do about it , most people know that SK's have issues but for you to directly call out other classes and hope for some nerfage , makes you a weenie in the highest order.... Devote more time to making threads on improvements to your class or ranting and devs for not hurrying up in SK fixes instead of ranting about nerfing other tank classes.... Maybe people will support you more....
__________________
Zesstra - 70 Warlock
Halcyon Affinity - Antonia Bayle
Styk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.