EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 05:43 AM   #1
Cigam

I downloaded the beta and it finally finished.... hit play button and it tells me I am missing a file d3dx9_43.dll . Is this a common thing?
Old 11-02-2017, 07:07 AM   #2
maxximum

I'm a tech noob, but it looks like a directx problem. Your pc wants to run dx9 but the game doesn't support it maybe?

Also, validate your files. Only things I can think of before someone else who knows what they're talking about sorts it for you.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:48 PM   #3
Cigam

Thanks. I found my answer in another link as well. It was DirectX. I updated that and things ran smoothly. Thanks again
Old 11-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #4
Ogdinmar

I'm glad you found your answer, I had that same issue. I just copied all of my non folder files and paste them into the beta folder and told them to NOT replace any duplicates. It ended up only replacing like 2 or 3 files but worked fantastically.
Ogdinmar is offline   Reply With Quote