EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
SmokeJumper

DoD
SmokeJumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,056
Default

Hi, folks,

Today's housing feature has to do a lot of massaging of the house database elements. This takes a considerable amount of time (a bit like a world merge, actually).

This means that when we take servers down, they will be down for 2 or 3 hours while we do that process. We should have all the servers up by mid-afternoon sometime (Pacific time).

The following servers have been updated and are open and available for play:

Antonia BayleBarren SkyHarla DarGukEverfrostUnrestNagafenStormsSplitpawSebilis

The remaining servers will be updated and available in a few hours. Soon! Multiple House Ownership and Prestige Homes will be here today!

__________________
Director of Development

EverQuest Franchise (EQ, EQII, EQN)
SmokeJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
Bremer

Loremaster
Bremer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,902
Default

There are threads about huge downloads and the Station Launcher won't update anything for the German client. Can you please check that?
Bremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
Khiah
Server: Vox
Guild: Unleashed
Rank: Raider Alt

Loremaster
Khiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 226
Default

I still cannot log in to Guk.

__________________
Khiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Tigress

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,739
Default

everfrost is not running, either.  i dont mind the delay, just wanted to post bc SJ said that it was up so maybe they want to check into it.  (also down is oasis & nagafen.)

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
Bariel

Loremaster
Bariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
Default

We should have all the servers up by mid afternoon pacific time?

Why then does the thread in the downtime forum say that Splitpaw will down for 3 hours from 3pm London time - if it is not going to be back until midafteroon pacific time, then you are talking about 10-11pm London time, and a downtime of 7-8 hours, not 3 hours.

Can we have some clarity please?

__________________
Bariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
SmokeJumper

DoD
SmokeJumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,056
Default

Bariel wrote:

We should have all the servers up by mid afternoon pacific time?

Why then does the thread in the downtime forum say that Splitpaw will down for 3 hours from 3pm London time - if it is not going to be back until midafteroon pacific time, then you are talking about 10-11pm London time, and a downtime of 7-8 hours, not 3 hours.

Can we have some clarity please?

I'll tell you what...I'd trust the Exec Producer that's right down the hall from the programmer doing the work.

__________________
Director of Development

EverQuest Franchise (EQ, EQII, EQN)
SmokeJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
Bariel

Loremaster
Bariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
Default

Ok, fair enough SMILEY

By my watch you have about 15 minutes to get Splitpaw up again.. SMILEY

__________________
Bariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
Senya

Loremaster
Senya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Ironforge Exchange
Posts: 1,754
Default

Thank you for the multiple housing!  There are some happy decorators today!  Or will be once the servers are all up and we can go on a real estate shopping spree.  SMILEY

__________________

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #9
Vems

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 17
Default

Will this effect any breakout houses built?

__________________
Vems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #10
Senya

Loremaster
Senya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Ironforge Exchange
Posts: 1,754
Default

It shouldn't.  The house zones are not changing in any way, just your ability to own more than 1 home per character.

__________________

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
Kerplunc

Loremaster
Kerplunc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 26
Default

So to clarify - Euro servers are down until 10pm our time?

It would be nice to have had Euro servers processed before the US ones since the prime time downtime impacts us most, that would be my resquest for stuff like this.

A few extra hours downtime to US customers would not have impacted their primetime - for us in Euroland it means we lose an evening of play time after work

Kerplunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #12
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak
Rank: Colonel

Fansite Staff
Cyliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,798
Default

Tigress wrote:

everfrost is not running, either.  i dont mind the delay, just wanted to post bc SJ said that it was up so maybe they want to check into it.  (also down is oasis & nagafen.)

I think he meant that the update is running on those servers, not that the servers are up and running. SMILEY

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #13
Flamewi
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Gathering Shadows
Rank: Senior Member

General
Flamewi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 213
Default

SmokeJumper wrote:

I'll tell you what...I'd trust the Exec Producer that's right down the hall from the programmer doing the work.

3hrs gone by and the servers still aren't up. What's the Exec Producer down the hall got for us now in terms of a "new" update on the end of downtime?

If you don't mind walking down there during a smoke break and asking, that is SMILEY

Flamewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #14
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak
Rank: Colonel

Fansite Staff
Cyliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,798
Default

Smokejumper -- you might want to let the Extended folks know what's going on as well. SMILEY http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2x...m?topic_id=7692

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #15
Eileah

Loremaster
Eileah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 352
Default

SmokeJumper wrote:

Hi, folks,

Today's housing feature has to do a lot of massaging of the house database elements. This takes a considerable amount of time (a bit like a world merge, actually).

This means that when we take servers down, they will be down for 2 or 3 hours while we do that process. We should have all the servers up by mid-afternoon sometime (Pacific time).

The servers that are currently running are Antonia Bayle, Barren Sky, Harla Dar, Guk, Everfrost, and Unrest.

The next batch will be Splitpaw, Butcherblock, Nagafen, Freeport, Permafrost, Oasis, Crushbone, Valor, Storms, Sebilis, The Bazaar and Vox.

So be patient with us a bit. Multiple House Ownership and Prestige Homes will be here today!

Guk is not up and gives the error of could not connect to a login server.

Being up is useless if we can't login to them isn't it?

__________________
Eileah
ToxxRoxx
Eileah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #16
Khiah
Server: Vox
Guild: Unleashed
Rank: Raider Alt

Loremaster
Khiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 226
Default

wow, wasnt trying to get a complain fest going... for those outside the US he did say mid afternoon, it just hit 10am here so still within the time he said. I just wanted to post that Guk was still down for me since he said it was up and Im reading other posts that ppl are getting in.. so is it just me? not getting a server down message just goes thru 4 server tries and then nothing.

__________________
Khiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #17
Flamewi
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Gathering Shadows
Rank: Senior Member

General
Flamewi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 213
Default

Eileah wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

Hi, folks,

Today's housing feature has to do a lot of massaging of the house database elements. This takes a considerable amount of time (a bit like a world merge, actually).

This means that when we take servers down, they will be down for 2 or 3 hours while we do that process. We should have all the servers up by mid-afternoon sometime (Pacific time).

The servers that are currently running are Antonia Bayle, Barren Sky, Harla Dar, Guk, Everfrost, and Unrest.

The next batch will be Splitpaw, Butcherblock, Nagafen, Freeport, Permafrost, Oasis, Crushbone, Valor, Storms, Sebilis, The Bazaar and Vox.

So be patient with us a bit. Multiple House Ownership and Prestige Homes will be here today!

Guk is not up and gives the error of could not connect to a login server.

Being up is useless if we can't login to them isn't it?

Yep. It's actually hard, I've found, to play on servers that say they're up when they are, in fact, down.

/agree completely with you! SMILEY

Flamewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #18
darwich

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 840
Default

AB has been down 3+ hours now...
darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #19
zorkan

Loremaster
zorkan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 217
Default

Could you please confirm if Splitpaw indeed has to wait for afternoon pacific time despite the announcement or not. It is prime time for us and we have guild events planned. I don't want to wait the whole evening when there isn't a chance for a timely possibility to log in. Thx!

zorkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #20
Valena

Loremaster
Valena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 307
Default

SmokeJumper wrote:

Hi, folks,

This means that when we take servers down, they will be down for 2 or 3 hours while we do that process. We should have all the servers up by mid-afternoon sometime (Pacific time).

The servers that are currently running are Antonia Bayle, Barren Sky, Harla Dar, Guk, Everfrost, and Unrest.

The next batch will be Splitpaw, Butcherblock, Nagafen, Freeport, Permafrost, Oasis, Crushbone, Valor, Storms, Sebilis, The Bazaar and Vox.

I'm a little unsure of your maths here. Downtime started 7am pst for an estimated 3 hours. That makes 10am pst, so where does the mid-afternoon bit come in?

Could I also ask why the Euro servers weren't done in the first batch as the downtime started mid-afternoon for us and looks like it's going to eat up our evening playtime.

__________________
Valena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #21
Flamewi
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Gathering Shadows
Rank: Senior Member

General
Flamewi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 213
Default

If it makes you feel any better at all, the servers that they're saying are up are actually all down anyways. So, technically, no one's able to play atm.

I hear ya on the eating up precious time thing though completely.

On the plus side, I'm getting to catch up on episodes of TV shows I've missed on Netflixs atm SMILEY

Flamewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #22
Xanoth

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Durham, UK
Posts: 928
Default

As downtime for Splitpaw is prime time, any chance of an updated ETA?  I'd like to know if I should tell my guild to stick around or go to the pub while the sun is still up and warm outside.

Also if I bounce up and down like an impetuous child and ask "are we there yet?" will it go faster?

As above relating to new hardware... are we there yet? *bounces*

p.s.  I know these things are hard to give solid answers for, but I'll take what you've got.

__________________
Xanoth Leader of Xanadu

EQ2 Raid Loot Database
Xanoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #23
zorkan

Loremaster
zorkan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 217
Default

Flamewing, the issue isn't the not being able to play, but the lack of reliable information on when the servers will be up. If we know we won't be able to play, we can do something else. If we are led to believe that the servers will be up any time soon, people will wait on their computers and get fed up by every minute that the servers are down longer than the official announcement (that's kind of the point of having an announcement in the first place).

zorkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #24
Flamewi
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Gathering Shadows
Rank: Senior Member

General
Flamewi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 213
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Flamewing, the issue isn't the not being able to play, but the lack of reliable information on when the servers will be up. If we know we won't be able to play, we can do something else. If we are led to believe that the servers will be up any time soon, people will wait on their computers and get fed up by every minute that the servers are down longer than the official announcement (that's kind of the point of having an announcement in the first place).

You're preaching to the choir

This is SOE, though. Over the many years I've played EQ1 and EQ2 the one thing I've learned (and this has NEVER changed over those many years) is that you never listen to them in terms of when server downtime will be over with.

If they say an hour, expect 2-3. If they say 2-3, expect 5-6.

It's the only way you'll stay sane playing this game.

Flamewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #25
zorkan

Loremaster
zorkan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 217
Default

PS: It looks like the patch hasn't even hit the euro patcher yet.

zorkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #26
zorkan

Loremaster
zorkan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 217
Default

I just wanted to avoid the usual US/Euro discussion... SMILEY Of course all servers are affected by their miscommunication, but as Xanoth said, we are talking about prime time for us, so people would like to know if they are supposed to do something else instead. SMILEY

zorkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #27
Chefren

Loremaster
Chefren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 397
Default

Right, so at what point should I give up on tonight's raid and go watch a movie instead?

__________________
Chefren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #28
darwich

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 840
Default

nope cant get the US launcher to patch either
darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #29
Flamewi
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Gathering Shadows
Rank: Senior Member

General
Flamewi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 213
Default

I'd say now. I'm watching Judge Dredd atm myself. Heh.

Flamewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #30
Liyle

Loremaster
Liyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: St. Pete, FL
Posts: 446
Default

There's an old saying amongst programmers that writing software is like cooking an omelet... you can either wait till it's done or eat it raw... In other words it takes as long as it takes.

Liyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.