EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
rareyrare

Loremaster

I'd prefer to keep THIS thread from getting locked, so please keep the bickering out of it. I for one completely understand why the downtimes are when they are and I remeber them being at an even more punitive time for those of us living in Europe, so PLEASE leave that trash out of here so Sharena doesn't wave his "Lock" wand arround.

That said...

Yes, Sharena, I know, they'll be up when they're up but a general idea of how much longer we'll need to wait to get back in game would be very much appreciated by many of us, I'm sure.

rareyrare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
Aanadorn68

Loremaster

Devs, seriously just do some work on the server status page and I think you would have a much more calm community.  It's bad enough there there is zero communication on the server status page, but to add insult to injury it doesn't even load.  This should be your first line of communication.  Is that really that hard of a concept to understand?

80 Shadowknight (myth)

80 Dirge (myth)

83 Illusionist (myth) (retired until CC returns)

ex-80 Templar (myth)

ex-80 Coercer (myth)

SOE /cues keystone kops music
Aanadorn68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
hellfire

Loremaster

Soon.....if they give ya a estimate and dont make it  people will rant and rave about it........so now it is soon.

Summoner pets are 1/3 the dps of a summoner and yet our stats and modifiers do not affect them.Since a pet is 1/3 a summoners dps,a summoner receives 2/3 benefit from gear when compared to any other class.

SHARED STATS AND MODIFIERS ARE A MUST!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 08!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 09!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 10!

2011 and Finally we are Fixed!

/Rides off into the sunset
hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
Lemonella

Loremaster

I've seen alot of threads disappearing when someone even tries to ask about downtime. But here is the link I have found (that the mods seem unable to give us here on this board).

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...ow.m?forum_id=9

This seems to be updated regularly. I do hope that the mods will not make this disappear, as it has a needed link that they, themselves, have not provided lately for us, even through the game has been down 2 hours later than originally posted.

Lemonella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
LadyMist

Loremaster

Don't you think if they had that answer they already would have posted it?

Now is the time to just do your house/yard work. grocery shop go play pool or whatever you do when not playing the game and quit camping it lol.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
rareyrare

Loremaster

Oops, I just noticed that Kiara HAS been updating the page here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=471365

She hadn't yet last I'd checked, but that was admittedlyt a little while ago :-/

Old 02-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
rareyrare

Loremaster

LadyMist wrote:

Now is the time to just do your house/yard work. grocery shop go play pool or whatever you do when not playing the game and quit camping it lol.

I have absolutely NO life outside of EQ2 :p

Old 02-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
Aanadorn68

Loremaster

Lemonella wrote:

I've seen alot of threads disappearing when someone even tries to ask about downtime. But here is the link I have found (that the mods seem unable to give us here on this board).

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...ow.m?forum_id=9

This seems to be updated regularly. I do hope that the mods will not make this disappear, as it has a needed link that they, themselves, have not provided lately for us, even through the game has been down 2 hours later than originally posted.

Great, that's all we wanted, it's kind of hidden though.  If you fixed the server status page and updated it like this it would be a big improvement.

80 Shadowknight (myth)

80 Dirge (myth)

83 Illusionist (myth) (retired until CC returns)

ex-80 Templar (myth)

ex-80 Coercer (myth)

SOE /cues keystone kops music
Aanadorn68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

Please keep an eye on Server Downtime - Thursday, February 25, 2010 for further updates..  and please be nice in this thread SMILEY

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:25 PM   #10
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H

General

For those of you not stressed out so much about it....  this is SOE"s official definition of "Soon"

Soon™: A broadly generic description of a length of time between now and the fruition of a promise made by the developers of computer software, especially online gaming software. Before being trademarked, the term 'Soon' was much more meaningful, indicating that the event to which the adverb is applied is to happen in the near future. After the trademark was applied to the term, however, any sense of urgency or immediacy that the term 'Soon' once carried was tossed aside in favor of a term that would serve only to torture the readers of the term, usually subscribers to online gaming forums, hence Soon™.

An enhancement to the term Soon™ was made shortly after, and became known as Very Soon™, also trademarked. Very Soon™ is generally first used by game developers when they realize that they can no longer get away with using the term Soon™ while maintaining a straight face. Very Soon™, however, is not accepted by the gaming public much more favorably than its root, Soon™,as neither term means much at all to gamers who have been waiting patiently for the promised event to arrive.

There is also the recent addition of "Soonish™" which is generally only used by GM's in chat channels on patch days after being asked 498 times "When will the servers be up?".

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #11
hellfire

Loremaster

Aanadorn68 wrote:

Great, that's all we wanted, it's kind of hidden though.  If you fixed the server status page and updated it like this it would be a big improvement.

Hidden?

Its the first  section at the top of the forum....its probably in one of the most visible places

Summoner pets are 1/3 the dps of a summoner and yet our stats and modifiers do not affect them.Since a pet is 1/3 a summoners dps,a summoner receives 2/3 benefit from gear when compared to any other class.

SHARED STATS AND MODIFIERS ARE A MUST!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 08!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 09!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 10!

2011 and Finally we are Fixed!

/Rides off into the sunset
hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #12
Maroger

Loremaster

They really should have called attention to this thread from Kiara more prominently than they did.

If they are having so much trouble with this update one wonders if it would not be best to back it out until they figure our what they are doing wrong. In the real business world it would have been backed out by now.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #13
Grawler2

Loremaster

See Battleground for the people who like PvP are already affecting the gameplay of PvE players. Wait until those players starts to cry about one class to another one we PvE players might regret that battleground ever arrived.

Grawlerfang Warden lvl 23

Skeldarkday Necromancer lvl 90 Master Sage
Bugjaw weaponsmith 90
Wuso ranger lvl 52 Provissioner 90 Dansang 90 woodworker Awkef 90 jeweler Barfly 90 tailor Redhawk 90 armorer Bagofwind 90 carpenter
Grawler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #14
Lemonella

Loremaster

I don't even care that the servers are down. I baked some homemade bread, maybe will make some cookies, got some cleaning and reading done. What gets on my nerves is that the questions about downtime are not only being ignored, but entirely erased unanswered.

These are completely legitimate questions, and I've seen many of them well-phrased, polite, and to the point yet they are still not being answered or any links given by mods. Players are the ones giving links first. So in the future, if the mods want their jobs to be a bit easier, giving us (working) links will be helpful.

Now I'm going to enjoy my hot, homeade bread with some butter and blackberry jam. SMILEY

Lemonella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #15
Sprin

General

Grawler2 wrote:

See Battleground for the people who like PvP are already affecting the gameplay of PvE players. Wait until those players starts to cry about one class to another one we PvE players might regret that battleground ever arrived.

Hey, none of us on the PVP servers really cared about cross server BG's.... that was SOE's idea... we know we will wipe the floor with you on them.... like stealing candy from a baby!!!! SMILEY

/popcorn

Old 02-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #16
ladyannabell

Loremaster

something i am wondering for a long time is why do the server down times for European servers have to be during our "prime playing time"?

Why arent there anymore announcements made in game that the servers will be going down next day?

ever since SF is launched it seems that SOE does not care what their Customers need.

Server go down for many hours without appropriated communication.

I realy hope that SOE will change this habbit and try to plan according to timezones and communicate with their customers before things are done.

ladyannabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #17
MindFury

Loremaster

Just love how 2 hours turns in to 5 now. Are we looking at 6+ ? maybe 7 or 8?

MindFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #18
Aslita
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Fate

Loremaster

I totally agree lemonella.

I also don't think it's appropriate for a joke to be made about 'soon' on the official update thread when so many people are frustrated now.

Aslita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #19
Snarco

LadyMist wrote:

Well they did post the answer a couple times, and they were wrong on their estimates as usual. I think people just want a MORE accurate estimate.

I love how you post on a thread suggesting other people go do something else. Perhaps take your own advice. Seems there is always some master of the obvious wating to spring their latest and greatest thought on us.

Snarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #20
Sprin

General

ladyannabell wrote:

something i am wondering for a long time is why do the server down times for European servers have to be during our "prime playing time"?

Why arent there anymore announcements made in game that the servers will be going down next day?

ever since SF is launched it seems that SOE does not care what their Customers need.

I realy hope that SOE will change this habbit and try to plan according to timezones and communicate with their customers before things are done.

Sorry sistah... its gotta be during SOMEONE's "prime play time"... they are on CA time, and arrive at work just like anyone else does I'm sure... they wouldn't want to do patches and what not with the Dev's home at sleep... they got to do it when the work day is...   its not us Californians (said in the coolest Schwarzeneggerian voice I can come up with) faults you Europeans have wierd hours SMILEY

Old 02-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #21
huhahee

Loremaster

Uncertain about why they are releasing Battlegrounds when they are having trouble with the expansion. Logic would dictate that you resolve the expansion issues before adding the Battlegrounds. Hopefully the servers will be up before the end of the day. they are 2.5 hours past there estimate. The little server that could. I think I can I think I can.

huhahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #22
rareyrare

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

For those of you not stressed out so much about it....  this is SOE"s official definition of "Soon"

Soon™: A broadly generic description of a length of time between now and the fruition of a promise made by the developers of computer software, especially online gaming software. Before being trademarked, the term 'Soon' was much more meaningful, indicating that the event to which the adverb is applied is to happen in the near future. After the trademark was applied to the term, however, any sense of urgency or immediacy that the term 'Soon' once carried was tossed aside in favor of a term that would serve only to torture the readers of the term, usually subscribers to online gaming forums, hence Soon™.

An enhancement to the term Soon™ was made shortly after, and became known as Very Soon™, also trademarked. Very Soon™ is generally first used by game developers when they realize that they can no longer get away with using the term Soon™ while maintaining a straight face. Very Soon™, however, is not accepted by the gaming public much more favorably than its root, Soon™,as neither term means much at all to gamers who have been waiting patiently for the promised event to arrive.

There is also the recent addition of "Soonish™" which is generally only used by GM's in chat channels on patch days after being asked 498 times "When will the servers be up?".

I LOL'd for reals when I read her link SMILEY

Old 02-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #23
Nimbrithil

Loremaster

Want chaps my hide is I have not had a day off to play since before the Early Xpac hit and I am so far behind my guildies I can't even SEE them anymore. So I wake up early to get a good 5 or 6 hours in before work and this down time from hell hits. SOE hates me.

Master Armourer Bubb 32 Zerk/80 Armorer faction

Twinkerhell 80 Shadowknight on Q side

Fupu 66 conji/80 Provi

Lreeza 51 monk/80 Weaponsmith

Knave 51 Ranger/68 Woodworker

Oscarm 80 Defiler/80 Alchy/80 tinker

Lyrilanon 80 Carpenter
Nimbrithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #24
bellatrix2009

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Grawler2 wrote:

Hey, none of us on the PVP servers really cared about cross server BG's.... that was SOE's idea... we know we will wipe the floor with you on them.... like stealing candy from a baby!!!!

/popcorn

I will face roll u anyday on my defiler and when I do, I hope u be rdy to beg for forgiveness lol

bellatrix2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #25
TommyTutone

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

ladyannabell wrote:

Sorry sistah... its gotta be during SOMEONE's "prime play time"... they are on CA time, and arrive at work just like anyone else does I'm sure... they wouldn't want to do patches and what not with the Dev's home at sleep... they got to do it when the work day is...   its not us Californians (said in the coolest Schwarzeneggerian voice I can come up with) faults you Europeans have wierd hours

Sooo, if the servers should crash after hours, they just keep them down until the next morning?  In the 'professional' world, developers work around the schedule of their customer, not the other way around, but that is why game developers have to stick with games, they won't be able to cut it in the business development sector.

TommyTutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #26
On3iron

Loremaster

If I did my job as poorly as this I would be fired.

-Blaise Pascal
On3iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #27
rareyrare

Loremaster

ladyannabell wrote:

Please strop this line right now. It got another thread locked already. I SPECIFICALLY asked that thes not be discussed here:p

Old 02-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #28
Mystfit

Loremaster

Maroger wrote:

They really should have called attention to this thread from Kiara more prominently than they did.

Likely people would have complained about not seeing whatever that was, too.

Sorry, but official news and announcements is as good as it gets...posts at the top of the forum, red name..we're adults and we should know how this works, we shouldn't need spoon-fed. I don't mean that meanily either, jsut a statement of fact. The info is there. we are being updated.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #29
Sprin

General

[email protected] wrote:

I totally agree lemonella.

I also don't think it's appropriate for a joke to be made about 'soon' on the official update thread when so many people are frustrated now.

I'm wondering if everyone that gets mad about unexpected delays are just too young to realize thats how life works?  I'm not taking a shot at anyone, but it seems to me if one is a grownup you realize that this is how EVERYTHING in life works....

When was the last time you went to the Doctor's with an Appt time of 10am and actually saw the Doctor at 10am? 

When was the last time you took your car to a mechanic and they said "it'll be done in an hour" and it was done in an hour?

When was the last time you went to a movie and the movie started when it was listed to start on the board?

you get my point...

Delays happen... its all of life, not just on a MMORPG.... 

People give their "best estimate" and thats all they can give... if I could calculate all of lifes little surprises, then guess what, they wouldnt be surprises...

Old 02-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #30
salty21db

Loremaster

Nimbrithil wrote:

Want chaps my hide is I have not had a day off to play since before the Early Xpac hit and I am so far behind my guildies I can't even SEE them anymore. So I wake up early to get a good 5 or 6 hours in before work and this down time from hell hits. SOE hates me.

Even though it was stated the BG's were coming out today and that it is a completely new cross server system for them to implement......i agree with the guy a post or two back saying were adults for the most part...use your brain.

salty21db is offline   Reply With Quote