EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #31
Crismorn

Loremaster

Banditman wrote:

Quite honestly, for the rarity, I think they should simply make the ring a flat 2k non clicky.  Or, similar to Wicked Wand of Malice, a "click once" to turn it on sort of thing.

2k normalized damge for 12 seconds simply isn't worth anything at all.  Even a Sorcerer will get more out of something else.

Currently the highest BoE you can get in one slot is +175, making this item give a flat +2000 BoE "on top of other stats" is not going to happen.

personally I think nerfing at all detracts from the game and thats something you do not want in a 5 year old game with few new people on the horizon

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #32
RoguePyro

Loremaster

I knew this was coming and I'm still crying. I never even got to raid with my Wizard since he got it. SMILEY

Barbarian Paladin of Erollisi Marr (Someday...)

Zynthar Go'Boom (Semi-Retired)

High Elf Wizard

Gorgim No'Shirt (Retired)

Barbarian Monk

"... just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." -Harry Dresden
RoguePyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #33
Gungo

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

Sydares wrote:

Seriously though, good call on this.

As if you'd be saying that if he just nerfed something that was not only amazing on your ranger but took you over 100 instance runs to get.

You are correct this effect should be 2000 on all damage not just spell damage and be available to all classes.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #34
Avokk

Loremaster

Now im glad i never got it for my wizard ;p

Avokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #35
Daggers
Server: Unrest
Guild: Ascendant

Loremaster

The ring is/was ridiculously overpowered, and you caster types knew it.  Now that it is getting put back down on tier with the other HEROIC fabled drops, you all whine and cry that its unfair.

While I do not support the idea of nerfing, the fact that this ring singled out DPS-casters, without a counterpart item for other class archtypes being available through the same heroic zone drops, I do very much support the idea of it being brought down in tier.

Yes, the ring from KTx2 has the same effect -- good for it.  Its a drop from a x2 raid zone.  Every raid zone should have better drops than a group zone, period.

It is still too overpowered of an effect to let even the KT one go without a fight, though for the x2 difficulty, maybe make that one a 2500 or 3k push for a cast or two.

--<( Daggers Malone )>--

Old 01-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #36
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

I gave up farming it, I knew it would be nerfed anyway.

Glad I never wasted anymore time farming it and the X2, than I did. Cant wait to see it nerfed. LOLZ

Makes me feel alot better about never seeing an X4 version, and its terriable drop rates from the heroic and X2 version.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #37
Maamadex

Loremaster

I don't agree that every raid zone should have better than a group zone. I like seeing the odd fabled item here or there in group zones. There are unique items, and rare items that drop in em. Else what what be the point of doing them? What keeps people doing them hundreds of times? High end group zones have always dropped amazing items, part of what irritates people may be the Hollow Tower is so easy heh. The stupid ring was only good for warlocks and wizards anyway. Maybe here at the end of the expac with people's base dmg increases it might be good for others, but it was still best for a sorceror. And every caster item doesn't need a counterpart for scouts I mean where's the tank item that makes me do a bazillion dmg too, who cares heh.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #38
Thunndar316

Loremaster

Crush the little guy.  Crush him!

WTG SOE

Seriously though you should have nerfed this thing a long time ago.  Would have saved everyone a lot of pain and suffering, including yourselves.

I feel sorry for all the players that spent countless hours trying to get this ring. 

Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #39
007djdeadly

Loremaster

Anyone remember the Robe of the Invoker?  Same deal...PITA to get, in game for ~1yr, then nerfed.  Caused me to quit the game (the first time).

007djdeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #40
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

With a level cap rise coming, and all gear expected by default to be replaced in relatively short order, surely this doesnt in functional fact make a lot of difference past a few weeks of play?

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #41
Maamadex

Loremaster

Kind of like when everyone replaced their bloodthirsty choker right away? Oh wait heh....or that dark orb of the mind or whatever off of Mistmoore? Or the arm of erollisi etc? That last one is still used and its from KoS claymore. Some items are always retained, or kept for a very long time no matter the tier. Its the way its been in the past. Only thing that prevents that are nerfs or changes to procs or something along those lines.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:55 PM   #42
Kizee

Loremaster

Maamadex wrote:

Kind of like when everyone replaced their bloodthirsty choker right away? Oh wait heh....or that dark orb of the mind or whatever off of Mistmoore? Or the arm of erollisi etc? That last one is still used and its from KoS claymore. Some items are always retained, or kept for a very long time no matter the tier. Its the way its been in the past. Only thing that prevents that are nerfs or changes to procs or something along those lines.

Not because we want to but more because there is nothing better for that slot. /shrug

Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #43
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

shaunfletcher wrote:

With a level cap rise coming, and all gear expected by default to be replaced in relatively short order .

your wrong on the short order part . no red name ever said anthing about gear being replaced. 

if you have the tso raid set you prob wont find anything better till you start getting raid drops from SF zones.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #44
thajo

General

Kizee wrote:

Maamadex wrote:

Not because we want to but more because there is nothing better for that slot. /shrug

I want to wear the best item for a slot.  If new stuff sucks, I don't want to wear new stuff nor do I not want to wear my unreplaced stuff.

thajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #45
Piedmont
Server: Permafrost

Loremaster

Zeecuz wrote:

The entire situation is kind of a chicken/egg thing, isn't it?  You need to implement meaningful itemization to give players a reason to keep playing, but by destroying an item that was super rare and every wizard's dream ring you will probably move many of them towards not playing.

I know if I had farmed this or paid for it this would be the breaking point for me.  An don't give me the "it was overpowered blah blah blah" rhetoric.  The powers that be KNEW what it did, to the point that it was not made available to purchase for shards.

I know it is probably too late for THIS expansion, but sometime in April or so, you all should sit down and make a solid plan for where the game is going and how it is going to get there, rather than this constant cycle of changing the dynamics to make people relearn the system all over again.

Amen.

Piedmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #46
Davngr1

Loremaster

Banditman wrote:

Quite honestly, for the rarity, I think they should simply make the ring a flat 2k non clicky.  Or, similar to Wicked Wand of Malice, a "click once" to turn it on sort of thing.

2k normalized damge for 12 seconds simply isn't worth anything at all.  Even a Sorcerer will get more out of something else.

this is a great idea.   maybe not make it 2k thougt make it a 1k permanent + spell dmg mod like wicked wand.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:04 AM   #47
MurFalad

Loremaster

This definitely sounds a good change from a health of the game perspective, and as others have said its been obviously a bit too good for a long time (which must have been fun to have for a several months).

That's one mistake fixed, but for the health of the game I really want to see these hard % stats fixed too, already in TSO we are near to 100% in many stats.  To keep them in either means requiring new items to have a ton of health on it (and every encounter has AoE that hits everyone to test this required health).

Or adding in yet another stat - something that I think we definitely do not need since new players I meet already have their hands full learning EQ2 (which seems just about right for a complexity challenge to me coming from something ultra simple like WoW, just enough to feel challenged without feeling swamped).

Thatand people with low res screens will have to scroll around to read the full item description SMILEY

Crismorn wrote:

personally I think nerfing at all detracts from the game and thats something you do not want in a 5 year old game with few new people on the horizon

You should play a game like WoW then where they've nerfed every single item slowly over a period of 3 years that had any hard percentage stat on it, on top of that they even added in item degredation too.  But that is a game for serious hardcore gamers who have to put a massive time commitment into it to get anywhere, I mean it took a friend 3 evenings to gear his player out for the end raid....  Oh, and that game is 5 years old too.

Seriously and /sarcasm off, altering the stats on a best in slot item to still make it at least good isn't the end of the world, the playerbase in EQ2 should be more concerned that the mechanics in the game wouldn't scale into the future to be honest.

Although it sucks that this was never offered to buy for shards, personally I think I'd like to see some long term planning to be put into item stats, some things like this looked like they would need to be nerfed the second they appeared in the game (which is exactly how I felt when I picked up my first hard % stat item).

MurFalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:01 AM   #48
jam3

General

what i really want to know is to the people who farmed the zone 150+ times

did it really never occur to you that the item is way to good and the chances it would remain unchanged in the expansion were slim? i mean soe never has any foresight into the future of the game but seriously everyone knew it would be the best ring still for the class and wouldn't stay or they would have to create eve better items...

btw i got the ring on my conjuror the first time i ran the zone the first week of the expansion

I hope this is another example of why soe needs too

1. Think before they add things to game... think about how badly the things your going to add can be abused and how powerful they are for two seconds before adding them..

2. If your seriously going to nerf the item, which realistically should of happened 5+ months ago, don't wait this long. It only angers people.

jam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:36 PM   #49
Maamadex

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

1. Think before they add things to game... think about how badly the things your going to add can be abused and how powerful they are for two seconds before adding them..

2. If your seriously going to nerf the item, which realistically should of happened 5+ months ago, don't wait this long. It only angers people.

Perhaps the main issue is, they don't really know what the repercussions are of some things they do add. For one thing you can't allows predict how good players will use an item to its full potential. They wanted to add a very great item which many have enjoyed til now heh. They succeeded there. I don't think that one item has destroyed balance that much, or resulted in making sorcerors overpowered or anyone else, it was just unique. Til they also added the KT x2 one lol. The nerf itself seems a bit much tho. The thing that made it so worthwhile has been cheapened greatly, too much imo.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #50
Informed

Fyreflyte wrote:

Post expansion-launch, the useable effect on Najena's Ring of Readiness will give a flat +2000 spelldamage buff. The cooldown and duration will remain the same. I realize this effect has been available to you for over a year now, but due to the way it scales, it can not be left in game as-is. Without a rating system to curb its effects, the item would have only become more powerful with each expansion, crippling our ring itemization for sorcerers.

I understand this will be an upsetting change for those that spent countless hours running the Hollow Tower in order to acquire one, but it is absolutely necessary for the health of the game. I know this information is coming fairly late, but hopefully it will save those who are still farming for it further frustration.

"give a flat +2000 spelldamage buff" Epic fail.
Informed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:08 AM   #51
Portbott
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

I love how everyone thinks this effect was an awesome DPS item and not just a spike damage item for trash. This item wasn't that good against any fight that matters. I played a wizard for months - I loved my 100k ice comets. But it was always on trash and was a small boost in spike damage for the 15 second fight. Cool.

Portbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:13 PM   #52
Germs666

Loremaster

I'd like to see the duration extended maybe to 15-20 seconds or the cooldown cut to 60 sec if this is going into effect.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #53
tbone7777

Loremaster

Hmmm...the OP says +2k spell dmg boost. Unless its a different mechanic, any decently geared non-sorcerer will already be at cap and the extra 2k will be worthless. Not sure why the chanters/summoners would be ne interested in this ring post nerf.
tbone7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #54
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

tbone7777 wrote:

Hmmm...the OP says +2k spell dmg boost. Unless its a different mechanic, any decently geared non-sorcerer will already be at cap and the extra 2k will be worthless. Not sure why the chanters/summoners would be ne interested in this ring post nerf.

Spell crit till we find something better - its still progression if you have worse.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #55
Saetun
Server: Najena
Guild: Disciples of Destiny

Lord

Any Chance we can see a change to Hallows Gallows? Now that scouts are AGI based the INT bonus on this piece makes it so it just collects dust for me now.

Saetun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #56
Jasuo

Loremaster

pretty sure they created several options to upgrade to: mastercrafted, legendary chest drops, heritage quest reward, etc.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #57
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Indeed, there are vastly better neck items for scouts now than Hallow's Gallows.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #58
Saetun
Server: Najena
Guild: Disciples of Destiny

Lord

Xalmat wrote:

Indeed, there are vastly better neck items for scouts now than Hallow's Gallows.

I agree, & I even currently wear a better neck for the majority of my adventuring. However would still like to see Hallows Gallows become a viable situational piece. Which is, afterall, what it always was.

Saetun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #59
Blambil
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Truculent Brew

Loremaster

Sydares wrote:

... as if millions of Ice Comets suddenly cried out in terror... and were suddenly silenced.

actually, with the way that AB caps work, Ice Comet/Fusion/things-that-hit-single-tick-hard{tm} will be able the only things that need +2000 AB.. most dots/smaller hits won't get much out of it..

Blambil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #60
Jasuo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Xalmat wrote:

I agree, & I even currently wear a better neck for the majority of my adventuring. However would still like to see Hallows Gallows become a viable situational piece. Which is, afterall, what it always was.

Re-read what you typed and think on it for a second, why would they waste resources on improving an old tier neck when there are a multitude of options that are BETTER in every way?