EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

The following is a list of notes I took while at Fan Faire. It is unabridged, and constitutes every single suggestion I was given and managed to write down. This is not a list of issues I'm looking into, merely everything given to me; I thought it would be fun for you to see the wide range of requests I receive every year. If any of these are used in future features or bugfixes, they'll be flagged as such in the release notes =) (Any non-item issues have already been forwarded to the appropriate designers.) General Item Questions/Suggestions

• After the proc changes, scout-specific Shard sets became superior to the hybrid sets. Scouts would like a way to convert back to class specific armor. This applies to the PvP armor as well.
  • Add more interchangeable cloth armor pieces (eg. More vests and sleeves rather than just robes)
  • 2h weapons are currently inferior to 1h in terms of damage. Can this please be examined?
  • Casting haste and reuse do not appear to improve pet DPS much. This could be due to pet spellcast order, which is difficult for players to determine.
  • Scout pets need more items that increase their autoattack damage.
  • Pet effects need to be converted to the new type that does not clog the maintained window.
  • WoE Summoner Shard robe does not proc power, while the lower versions do.
  • 5-piece bonus on summoner raid sets is not showing up or functioning.
  • Raid guilds are buying other guilds’ pattern drops, enabling them to gear up faster than the guild from whom they are purchasing the extra patterns.
  • Please add more types of pickles to Boomba the Big (a pickle merchant).
  • Can we allow deity altars in guild halls?
  • Moldering Flesh proc may be giving inconsistent damage bonuses based on the wearer’s int and base damage.
  • Quicksilver Blood is not so good for conjurors, but excellent for necros. Would like to see more.
  • Necros can ramp up agro very quickly and have a hard time losing it once they gain it (stacked DoTs). More deaggro effects requested.
  • Please add cast haste to Quicksilver Blood to make it useful for conjurors.
  • Death Chimes still crits (and should not).
  • Inquisitor and Templar raid sets have the exact same stats.
  • Would like more priest items that encourage melee (such as the Star of Malice from Hate).
  • 5-year vet award (Orb of Concentrated Memories) should give tradeskill exp also.
  • People are still confused about what “qualifying pet” means.
  • Add ranger quivers that do something besides holding arrows, such as adding special ranged bonuses
  • Deity cloaks are underpowered
  • Allow transmuters to pull effects off of items and add them to other items
  • Add adornments that give pet bonuses
  • Where is EQI’s Singing Short Sword. Bards want!
  • Create bard instruments and allow the shield AA line to function while using them
  • Not much melee crit bonus available. Melee classes would like more of it.
  • New Anashti belt needs to be better than the Trakanon belt
  • Hood of Dark Dealings hits for its low damage amount a lot. Is this a bug? Same deal with Helm of the Lightning Rider.
  • Raid mounts need to have a stat advantage over shard mounts
  • Necklace use for crystallizing the twins: Please make it usable from inventory
  • Ykesha drops no mage loot. Anashti drops only 1 mage loot. Please add more (mage loot).
  • Please fix old pet effects to not spam Maintained window
  • House/Guildhall item: Flame Vortex that launches players in the air

Skills/Class Balance

• Can brawlers get a reverse strikethrough skill, or be made immune to strikethrough?
  • Add a way to set pet spell priority would rock, and make a number of pet abilities more useful.
  • Pet resists do not appear to do anything.
  • Summoners would like a way to cure their pets, since healers are only focused on curing other players.
  • Please make sure to increase the AAexp awarded for the new “hard mode” encounters.
  • Necro AA pet from EoF line is not using pet procs.
  • Pets are being resisted a lot against raid mobs (especially necro pets).
  • TSO pet AA spells are added to the end of pet’s casting bar, and thus do not trigger as often as they could.
  • PvP combat is very very short. Any way to extend its length a little would be welcome.
  • Add pet effects that buff the entire raid, incentivizing healers to keep the pets alive.
  • Add more pet appearances.
  • Add a pet root command that will allow pets to attack, but they will not move from their location.
  • Caster pets currently freeze up when they attempt to cast at a target they have no line of sight to.
  • Idea: “Mitigation” wards – Wards that use a hitpoint total like normal wards, but only absorb a % of their amount with each attack (eg. Player casts a 100 dmg ward on himself; mob hits him for 50 dmg, but ward absorbs 25 of it. Ward would last for 4 hits.)
  • Spells that target pets (like pet heal) have short ranges. Please extend to regular heal range.
  • Since Swashbucklers will be getting a debuff similar to Dispatch, can Brigands get some Swash abilities to compensate?
  • Conjuror’s Hydromancer pet needs love
  • Necromancer AA Ooze pet is not currently useful
  • Is there a way to allow usable items to queue up like spells?
  • Add more utility for bards; instruments and customizable songs like Vanguard has

Content

• Many players perceive that high end raid mobs are designed to be unkillable at the start of expansions specifically to slow advancement and preserve content until a later date. They do not like this.
  • When designing the new easy/hard mode encounters, please make sure the easy version uses similar tactics to the hard version so that it can be used to train on for the hard version.
  • Request to take advantage of the new “auto-mentoring” system and create scenarios based in Norrath’s past to help explore ancient lore. For example a special instance of Stormhold that gives some insight into how it became a haven for the undead.
  • Sex-specific city status items should be purchasable by to opposite sex so they can be given as gifts.
  • PvP server players would like the option to be able to display PvP titles as suffixes instead of just prefixes.
  • Would like a way to sell a fully decorated house to another player.
  • When are we going to open the doors in Poet’s Palace?
  • Pet pathing is very unreliable in some zones. For instance, on the stairs at Byzola, attempting to send your pet in to attack will cause him to run to the other side of the zone.
  • Allow players to help create/vote on new VO for the game.
  • Allow players to “nail down” their wandering house pets, so that they can be used in specific displays

UI

• Add an autoattack window to help time the use of CAs
  • Pets should have a UI window that displays their stats. Currently the only way to see many of their stats is to possess them.
  • More displayed info when a cure is cast (show who cured who) for use in parsing

Graphics

• Make Swashbuckler class hat available to females
  • Dude… nunchucks!!!
  • Could we add a graphical appearance for quivers?
  • Can we add scabbard appearances?
  • Moors barrel ride displays a phantom barrel if you look left during your flight
  • The “outside” portion of guildhalls can be reached and then decorated, but the process is difficult. Is there any way to open up the outdoor area to players, allowing them to decorate it?

Misc

• When any focused testing is needed on Test server, please advertise more and sooner, to give players time to organize groups and guilds to test the new content.

Edit: Forgot to mention this, but I also have an entire page of item issues from the guild Despair. I Didn't list any of these, since it was a lot of typing, and you guys already know that I got all the notes, since I didn't even have to write them down SMILEY

Fyreflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Fyreflyte wrote:

• Casting haste and reuse do not appear to improve pet DPS much. This could be due to pet spellcast order, which is difficult for players to determine.

Actually you wrote this down wrong.

Casting Haste greatly helps the Conjuror pet's DPS, but reuse does not help either pet much.

The T4 Summoner robes (Riftcaller's Dark Robe, and Void Elementalist's Riftcloth Robe) do not have a power proc, while the T1-T3 sets (Silk Robe of Summoning, Aramid Robe of the Voidcaller, and Nethersummoned Robe of Fiery Destruction) do.

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

Xalmat wrote:

Fyreflyte wrote:

Casting Haste greatly helps the Conjuror pet's DPS, but reuse does not help either pet much.

The T4 Summoner robes (Riftcaller's Dark Robe, and Void Elementalist's Riftcloth Robe) do not have a power proc, while the T1-T3 sets (Silk Robe of Summoning, Aramid Robe of the Voidcaller, and Nethersummoned Robe of Fiery Destruction) do.

Ah, I got the armors confused, since players using a different tier scale than we do ninternally (WoE is T4 shard gear). The other one I copied down correctly, however. Someone did indeed tell me that neither casting haste nor reuse affected their pet dps almost at all. I put a disclaimer at the top stating that these were raw notes. I'm not backing their validity in any way.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
Quicksilver74

Loremaster

Fyreflyte wrote:

Dude… nunchucks!!!

Dude!   I'm so glad you wrote that down! 

Quicksilver74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

I didn't see any mention of that BP that brawlers have been complaining about for a while, did my eyes skip over something in that massive wall of letters?

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #6
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

That wasn't a new issue brought to me at Fan Faire.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
ArivenGemini

Loremaster

Fyreflyte wrote:

General Item Questions/Suggestions

• After the proc changes, scout-specific Shard sets became superior to the hybrid sets. Scouts would like a way to convert back to class specific armor. This applies to the PvP armor as well.

Graphics

If you could, you know, put these on the To Do list real soon pleaseI will make sure you get cookies..

SMILEY

Old 07-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #8
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

Mmmm... coookies....

Old 07-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
samejima

Loremaster

Fyreflyte wrote:

UI

• Add an autoattack window to help time the use of CAs
  • Pets should have a UI window that displays their stats. Currently the only way to see many of their stats is to possess them.
  • More displayed info when a cure is cast (show who cured who) for use in parsing

1) There already is a window it just needs to be fixed as the dynamic data does not work properly.

2) Pets should aslo allow you to see detrimental icons on them please.

3) meh.

Also, please make more interesting hearler gear, it is very bland.

samejima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
Katanalla
Server: Mistmoore

General

"Make Swashbuckler class hat available to females"

Does this mean make them have same appearance from male to female? Or open up more items with the swashy hat graphic on em for everyone to use?

Cause if its the latter, then why not just make all class hats available to everyone and destroy class appearance uniqueness~

Also . . . Where is the Katanallama's Awesome Cloak of the Awesomeness listed on there?

Katanalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #11
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

You forgot one...

• Gelatenous cube mounts / hats / shoes / t-shirts / weapons / shields / anything else you can make out of gelatenous cubes

In regards to the autoattack timer... mine seems to work fine.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
Fyreflyte

Black Mage

[email protected] wrote:

I disagree with what you said.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
Twisty

Loremaster

yreflyte wrote:

Xalmat wrote:

Fyreflyte wrote:

Ah, I got the armors confused, since players using a different tier scale than we do ninternally (WoE is T4 shard gear). The other one I copied down correctly, however. Someone did indeed tell me that neither casting haste nor reuse affected their pet dps almost at all. I put a disclaimer at the top stating that these were raw notes. I'm not backing their validity in any way.

Both pet casting speed and pet reuse mods apply properly to pet spells. 

- Pet casting speed improves pet dps via simply letting pet cast more spells per minute.  Helps Conjuror pet just as much as Necro pet I'd imagine.  At least in case of the Necro mythical pet, there are always spells ready to cast.  So whoever said pet casting speed doesn't improve dps has mispoken or is uninformed.  There is a caveat to pet casting speed, however: there are no TSO pet effects that increase pet casting speed.  So, despite being a good stat, it's not available to summoners.

- Pet reuse, on the other hand, is very prominent on a slew of TSO summoner gear.  However, despite correctly applying to pet spells, it doesn't improve pet dps much.  Reason is this:  pet spell selection logic doesn't properly chose the highest [dmg / casting time] spells to cast whenever they become available.  So them becoming available sooner in most cases is wasted.  It's not wasted only if the casting sequence happens to be coming up to that high dps spell and spell becomes ready just in time to be cast; without the +reuse it wouldn't have been ready yet.  These circumstances are rare, thus effective value of reuse stat is only a small fraction of it's intended potential.  The following 2 other items on your list would address this problem with reuse:

• Add a way to set pet spell priority would rock
  • TSO pet AA spells are added to the end of pet’s casting bar, and thus do not trigger as often as they could.
  • Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #14
    samejima

Loremaster

Fyreflyte wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

SMILEY Healer but point stands!

samejima is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #15
    KerowynnKaotic

Tormentor of Fae

[email protected] wrote:

Does this mean make them have same appearance from male to female? Or open up more items with the swashy hat graphic on em for everyone to use?

Cause if its the latter, then why not just make all class hats available to everyone and destroy class appearance uniqueness~ *snipped*

It means a lot of female swashbucklers would like to have the Male Appearance of the Swashbuckler Helm. 

Though, in truth they already detroyed the class appearance 'uniqueness' with the LoN Loot Card "Classless Helms" and the SC, which also uses several of the Class 'only' helms.  

They [censored] them out very nicely, yes?  

KerowynnKaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #16
    Cloakentuna

Loremaster

Fyreflyte wrote:

Death Chimes still crits (and should not).

Really?  Just looked over parses from the last raids.  Near 400 procs the whole night, not 1 crit.

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #17
    jam3

General

i havnt looked at the inquisitor pants or BP but looking at the warden stuff almost EVERY PIECE has melee crit, spell crit, heal mod, CA mod, spell mod. While inquisitor gear seems to only have heal mod, spell mod, or heal crit with little emphasis on melee stats other then strength.

jam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #18
    Rezikai

Loremaster

Fyreflyte wrote:

The following is a list of notes I took while at Fan Faire. It is unabridged, and constitutes every single suggestion I was given and managed to write down. This is not a list of issues I'm looking into, merely everything given to me; I thought it would be fun for you to see the wide range of requests I receive every year. If any of these are used in future features or bugfixes, they'll be flagged as such in the release notes =) (Any non-item issues have already been forwarded to the appropriate designers.)

------------------------

Graphics

• Dude… nunchucks!!!
    • Could we add a graphical appearance for quivers?
    • Can we add scabbard appearances?
    • Moors barrel ride displays a phantom barrel if you look left during your flight
    • The “outside” portion of guildhalls can be reached and then decorated, but the process is difficult. Is there any way to open up the outdoor area to players, allowing them to decorate it?

Misc

• When any focused testing is needed on Test server, please advertise more and sooner, to give players time to organize groups and guilds to test the new content.

Edit: Forgot to mention this, but I also have an entire page of item issues from the guild Despair. I Didn't list any of these, since it was a lot of typing, and you guys already know that I got all the notes, since I didn't even have to write them down

This, is actually something that i would love, I've been to T3 guildhalls can be reach if you know how to get there and placed a teleporter there. The Area that is around the T3 guild hall isnt the entire Commonlands (havent seen the antonica side) but its enough to realy show how powerfull the Maya program can be not only for designers and developers but for we,.. the players as well.

The area is mostly vacant with a few trees here and there. Think if it was availible to players an empty commonlands to place our house items. We do this on AB occasionally inside our guild halls to do player made quests/dungeons but its all inside. The outdoor ones give us a nice sky and enviroment to play with.

This isnt a priority of course but think of it, the players can set up a "commonlands" zone per their wishes and turn it into a festival or an overland player controled questing zone. While we can sort of do this with Commonlands now, think of the possibilities your offering your players to allow them to be a DM. You could set up outdoor scenes and scenarios with more player control of that static enviroment to use. It reminds me of why i play EQ games.. because we rolled our characters within a fantasy world and we'd possibly be able to have a small part to help further that emmersion. Corny as it sounds I'd love to play through another guilds overland commonlands albeit just decorated with outdoor scenery or (as my guild would) set up quests as we now had a large zone to control the enviroment (to a point) in. Takes me back to the days when we rolled dice and had fun with the DM as usually a good DM was a friend and/or someone we knew would create the sense of competitive companionship.

Heh also i'd be buying up orc eyes and gear to look like the Knights of Truth and the freeport Militia to have our guild re-inact the Battle of Defiance with ppl using growth cloaks taking the rolls of the Avatars... (ducks away before the nerd calls get thrown).

Rezikai is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #19
    Rocc

Loremaster

Sounds like you ran into a bytchfest at Fanfaire.

I just want to say think you to the entire EQ2 team for a fantastic game. Sometimes you may not hear it but you guys truly have done a wonderful job!

Rocc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #20
    Fyreflyte

Black Mage

[email protected] wrote:

Fyreflyte wrote:

Death Chimes still crits (and should not).

Really?  Just looked over parses from the last raids.  Near 400 procs the whole night, not 1 crit.

Again, just notes I took; not all of them were as well informed as you might hope. Obviously I'll test things like this out before attempting to fix them

I appreciate the info!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #21
    Fyreflyte

Black Mage

[email protected] wrote:

I just want to say think you to the entire EQ2 team for a fantastic game. Sometimes you may not hear it but you guys truly have done a wonderful job!

It wasn't so bad =) It's good to know there are so many passionate people that play the game, and it's the nature of my job to be in the crosshairs some of the time.

Thanks for the compliments, glad you're enjoying playing!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #22
    Katanalla
    Server: Mistmoore

General

[email protected] wrote:

Kata[email protected] wrote:

"

It means a lot of female swashbucklers would like to have the Male Appearance of the Swashbuckler Helm. 

Though, in truth they already detroyed the class appearance 'uniqueness' with the LoN Loot Card "Classless Helms" and the SC, which also uses several of the Class 'only' helms.  

They [censored] them out very nicely, yes?  

Thank god. . .

Yea SC destroys uniqueness. . . They already ruined swashy eof and relic sets though ---- dashing set from seb, academy set on SC... Anyways I just wish they'd be more original with sc

Also next expansion lets get realistic looking sets? Like swash set black with tan (black feather/hair, tan hat), matching rest of armor of course~

Katanalla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #23
    LardLord

Loremaster

Fyreflyte wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Well, compare the SoH healer items to TSO.  In just the single SoH zone, you had a regenerating ward proc (Rune Etched Helm), a heal-over-time proc (Ethereal Mist Gauntlets), a stoneskin proc off heals (Brace of Corporeal Darklight), pets procing off melee attacks (Star of Malice), and a proc that increased avoidance in addition to mitigation (Cord of Innoruuk's Favored).

By comparison, in the entirety of original TSO itemization, you have a group ward proc (Ancient Tunic of the Oracle), a cure proc (Blackened Pearlescent Bangle), and I guess the group damage buff on Ykulka's Gemmed Bangle is pretty interesting on a raid item, even though it's just an upgraded version of the old Veksar item.  The procs on the set BPs are borderline, as well.

In a way, you kinda spoiled us with SoH, but you can't really blame us for expecting/hoping you could keep up the standard that zone set, and considering all of TSO has fewer interesting healer items than that one zone, hopefully you might understand why some of us may be disappointed.

Stuff like heal crit chance/bonus, cast/recast haste, basic ward/heal procs, and basic power procs can make items desirable, but that doesn't mean that we don't find them bland...especially compared to what we got in SoH

By the way, keep in mind that, for instance, the Sash of Final Moments from Gynok is inferior in every situation to the Cord of Innoruuk's Favored from Byzola.  Also, early TSO raid healer items like, for example, the Bracelet of Undeath and Band of Swirling Portals are no better from a heal-boosting perspective than the Gift to the Queen from an RoK heroic instance (though the raid items do offer greater survivability, which isn't bad, but it is "bland").

LardLord is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #24
    ArivenGemini

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Cause if its the latter, then why not just make all class hats available to everyone and destroy class appearance uniqueness~

It means let female gendered toons wear the swashy hat that male gendered toons do, where one side of the brim is down and the other is up, as opposed to how it is now where both sides of the brim is up for female gendered toons... or as I lovingly refer to it as "that [censored] easter bonnet"

SMILEY

Old 07-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #25
    ArivenGemini

Loremaster

Fyreflyte wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

It wasn't so bad =) It's good to know there are so many passionate people that play the game, and it's the nature of my job to be in the crosshairs some of the time.

Thanks for the compliments, glad you're enjoying playing!

I have already initiated "Operation Swashy hat cookie delivery"

Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #26
    Tehom

Loremaster

I don't really think healer itemization is uninteresting or anything, but it almost seems a little scattershot in its placement. Like casting haste is arguably one of the most sought-after modifiers, but shows up on legendary stuff from collects or heroic zones as often as it does on raid items. An example is the 4 cast speed earring from a blue shiny collect, which I'm using until I get Zarrakon earring (which has 5 cast speed and a ward proc). Another example would be that the necklace from WoE for priests with cast speed is arguably the best in the game. My point is more that a lot of the lower-end raid drops probably should have had smaller/marginal amounts of cast speed/reuse on em to make them less of a tradeoff or straight upgrades to legendary gear. I kind of feel the same way about caster itemization - it feels all over the place (Bangle of the Spiteful, the mage wrist from Zarrakon, is kind of a prime example), which may be a consequence of however you weigh stats not meshing with how casters tend to view things. I'm not saying itemization is terrible or anything, because it's pretty good for the most part - most things do represent logical/linear upgrades as they go along. I just suspect that some of the weights might need reevaluation for item mods when determining how desirable an item should be for players - and I think if you asked raiders from different classes to rank the values of mods in how much they want em, the lists they come up with might be fairly consistent and may adjust your opinion on current itemization plans.

Tehom is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #27
    Cusashorn

Loremaster

Seriously? There was only one issue related to monks?

Nothing about how they can't tank most raid zones, and can't tank some of the harder TSO zones? *stares coldly at Kor'Sha and Guk. Monks are forbidden from even entering those zones on Kithicor.*

Nothing about how almost all the current group content consists of fighting groups of at least 3-4 mobs, and how monks have the weakest AOE taunt (singular) out of all the classes? Reducing the AOE taunt refresh by half would significantly help us out in that regard, considering there are no Monk Achievements that decrease the reuse timer of the AoE taunt.

I'm totally in favor of nunchaku though. At the very laziest, all you have to do is take the handle of a morning star weapon and connect it to the handle of another. But if you are gonna make the weapon, please add in some unique combat animations for monks to use them with.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #28
    Morghus

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:

Seriously? There was only one issue related to monks?

Nothing about how they can't tank most raid zones, and can't tank some of the harder TSO zones? *stares coldly at Kor'Sha and Guk. Monks are forbidden from even entering those zones on Kithicor.*

Nothing about how almost all the current group content consists of fighting groups of at least 3-4 mobs, and how monks have the weakest AOE taunt (singular) out of all the classes? Reducing the AOE taunt refresh by half would significantly help us out in that regard, considering there are no Monk Achievements that decrease the reuse timer of the AoE taunt.

I'm totally in favor of nunchaku though. At the very laziest, all you have to do is take the handle of a morning star weapon and connect it to the handle of another. But if you are gonna make the weapon, please add in some unique combat animations for monks to use them with.

I'm all for new animations! The two brawlers stand out quite a bit from the other classes, and I would like it if they eventually gave bruisers their own animations rather than the same animations as any other class without a weapon. Even the mere act of swinging a sword or club should look different as a brawler...but thats just my opinion.

As a bruiser, the reduction in reuse is paltry for my encounter taunt, and I do have one really nasty aoe attack...but one of the biggest issues I think is how horrid the combat art/melee miss rate is this expansion...at least for my bruiser its pretty awful.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #29
    Cusashorn

Loremaster

Actually, I was talking specifically about monks. I really don't know or have any opinion on how bruisers fare in the whole red-headed step-child beatdown we recieve on a daily basis.

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #30
    Morghus

Loremaster

Cusashorn wrote:

Actually, I was talking specifically about monks. I really don't know or have any opinion on how bruisers fare in the whole red-headed step-child beatdown we recieve on a daily basis.

Oh I know about the whole red-headedness. I had a human monk that got remade into an Iksar in eqlive, made a monk in eq2 and got it to 60, then deleted and made a bruiser...both were also Iksar.

From what I see bruisers and monks ping-pong between being good or bad. Whenever monks are looking good, bruisers look bad etc. With my bruiser, I have harder hitting combat arts but they miss so much that its just annoying. Especially against mobs that happen to be "super brawlers" (Dodge, Miss, Parry, Deflect, Riposte, BLOCK).

Right now though, I think aside from the especially well geared individuals both are in the same general area of suck.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote