EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #31
Romans
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Zealus

Loremaster

Mystic Soothsayer Set.Like:1. Reuse reduction on group ward2. Heal crit3. Plus double attack4. Plus healDislike:1. No bonuses to cast time reduction2. Power regen on shoulders3. No combos of plus heal and CA (should be heal, spell and CA for mystics)4. Poor distribution of resists (MC sets typically result in better overall distributions)

Romans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:15 PM   #32
StormQueen

Loremaster

Inquisitor bonuses:

The 2-piece bonus triggers Inquest more. This is decent.

The 4-piece bonus increases Tenacity buff by 20% more hp mod and 20 dps. The HP part is good but the dps part is close to or reaching the point of severe diminishing returns. This is true also for many Inquisitor spells/buffs/CAs.

Now the 6-piece bonus is a total joke IMHO. 20% less initial and recurring power cost from Inquisition? This is such a small part of what I do, and since power isn't a problem it's redundant.  

See the previous Inquisitor posters for the gripes about the individual pieces' stats.  I think we all feel basically the same way about overcapped crit, spell damage modifiers, and poor stat matches to our class.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #33
Gaige

Loremaster

EasternKing wrote:

Ranger set :

Bp : +7 ranged da = awsome.

Increase Damage of shower of arrows by 350. = usless for the most part.

Legs : +7 ranged crit = awsome.

+10% trigger chance to Archers Fury. = on the surface this seems to be great, sadly the way proc mechanics work for a base 9 sec delay wpn, a 30% chance before this bonus means that it triggers virtually every attack anyway. so a minimal dps increase from this.

2 Set Bonus : +325 damage to a 30 sec reuse ranged ca, a minimal dps increase.

4 Set Bonus : 10% damage bonus to Tripple burst a multi hit ca, increases chance to hit by 20, putting the M1                                            at 65% to hit. 1 min recast, again this is a minimal increase, very small.

6 Set Bonus : Reduces the recast of Shower of Arrows by 30secs = for a 6 peices set bonus this is absolutley dire. 

Recast is 3mins on this Encounter only Aoe attack, with AA from pred line it drops to 2mins, with 6 set its

1min30 recast. 

please think very carefully about changing any of the bonus's to give the ranger ca's more damage or hit bonus.

Please do not change any of the bonus's to Sniper Arrow, its pretty pointless on a well debuffed mob and having used coverage ive had it land for nearly 40k damage. now 40k damage sounds amazing for 1 ca, fact of the matter is the ca is a 10min recast with aa reducers, i can auto attack +double attack for slightly less than that every 4.1 secs or so. making it so pointless its not even worth casting it.

what would be great for the 6 set bonus would be either 30secs reduction in recast of Focus aim, or +duration to Focus aim.

6 piece set + shower of arrows master 1 + perfectionist = SoA will be one of your highest parsing CAs, especially in instances.  I wouldn't really call it useless.

The 2 piece set bonus is really good and really adds substantial dps to blame arrow, also making it one of our highest parsing CAs.

The 4 piece bonus is pretty meh and I personally wish it modified fittest survival as its our only true AE, and rangers really lack at dps on AE encounters.

Like I said I really like the six set and both focuses.

I don't see why everyone loves focus aim so much, as I'm normally sitting at 77% crit w/o it in raids + the 25% proc from Trak's ear.  It really doesn't do much for top end raiders.  Plus its already up almost all the time as it is.

I really think focusing on fittest survival is the way to go with the TSO set.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #34
noahwik

Loremaster

Dirge

Head- +7 melee crit, nice but outclassed by T1 helm (manipulators hood)

Shoulders +7 double attack- nice

Chest +125 Spell / CA / focus shriek- Poor, Never worn, useless

Legs +7 melee crit, nice; outclassed by edgewater leggings

Forearms +8 slash/+100 CA+Spells , nice, outclassed by wristplates of dark lord

Boots +5 Attack speed +75 CA- Poor, outclassed by legendary trooper scale boots lol

Gloves +10 DPS Poor, outclassed by Blackened alloy gloves (legendary instance RE2)

I'd be interested to know why some scouts get 4 items giving melee crit and Double attack (7% bonus on each) and others only get 2-3. Dirges are way off the cap for both melee crit and double attack unless in a stacked group.

Focus effects- chest (I dont know of any dirge who wears this ever), legs +5 DPS- nice

The set bonuses are great

And why cant we use poison ?

noahwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #35
Lethe5683

Loremaster

Dirges aren't DPS... and of course you can't use poison.  If dirges get poison then lets have rogues and preds get groupwide buffs.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #36
noahwik

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

Dirges aren't DPS... and of course you can't use poison.  If dirges get poison then lets have rogues and preds get groupwide buffs.

wasn't the right forum for the comment admitted but actually bards can be, dont derail the thread further though

Old 10-25-2008, 06:23 PM   #37
Kel

Tester

noahwik wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

wasn't the right forum for the comment admitted but actually bards can be, dont derail the thread further though

Bards are utility, not DPS. No matter what they are actually capable of, that's what it's *supposed* to be. If you picked a bard to dps, well.. lol. (Kinda like Enchanters are supposed to be utility, not dps, but..)

Assassins-

The 2 set reduces recast on Mortal Blade, making it 1:30 instead of 2 minutes for any serious assassin- which sounds nice on an attack of that sort except that Mortal Blade is only used during Conceal chains for any intelligent assassin, which means that reducing it to a minute and a half instead of two minutes typically doesn't actually do us much good. Unless, of course, your raid pulls slow... in which case, the timer reduction is moot anyway.

The 4 set increases Pinpoint Blade by 225 damage - which is actually decent, though I wouldn't wear four pieces just to get it. It's a base 22.5 dps increase assuming you use MS/PPB every time they come up, which is decent, I suppose.. Not really much for a four-set increase, though.

The 6-set is great, except for requiring 6 pieces. There aren't 6 pieces of the VP set I would ever wear all the time(Especially considering the gloves are horrendously bad) Though, personally, I'd say this is more of a four-set bonus ideally.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #38
Naelora

Loremaster

For Dirges that are not Avatar raiders:

Boots: +5 Attack speed, +75 spell/CA, I will agree isn't phenomenal and is very much outclassed by the legendary Trooper Scale Boots.  If they had a constant +7 double attack, well, I'd be loving them as then they would most likely then outdo the Trooper Scale because you would not have to rely on a proc.  The +8 Piercing is definitely appreciated from this piece though since I'd like to see more bard gear with additions to slashing and piercing simply because even in a raid, we cannot sit as high on these stats as a pred/rogue due to a lack of them on our self buff.

Gloves: +10 DPS is definitely poor, and I would never wear these over the legendary Blackened Alloy Gloves from RE2.

Forearms: +100 spell/CA.  +8 Slashing is appreciated.

Mantle: +7 double attack is loved.  I wish there were strength on them however.

Helm: +7 melee crit is nice, love the stats.  I would disagree that it is outclassed by the Manipulator's Hood simply because of the stats that the VP helm gives (more strength, intelligence).  I watched my dps increase when I switched (much to my surprise), and while dps is not the focus of the class, I'll take what I can get.

Leggings: +7 melee crit/disruption is nice; again love the stat distribution.  The Riana's focus is okay, I guess.  +5 DPS is not anything overly amazing, as prefaced by the idea that most scout classes, who have +DPS on their gloves, won't touch them over the RE2 ones (yes, I am aware the RE2 ones have +4 DPS; I'm not focusing on that aspect of them, but rather the +2 melee crit, +1 double attack, and +60 spell/CA).

Chest: +125 spell/CA.  The focus of Penetrating Shriek is not that great, but to say that this piece is never worn is to be ignorant of those who do not raid avatars.  To get to the 6-piece bonus, this piece essential (as the gloves for the set are just awful), and after my raid leader parsed out the amount of dps that the 10% melee accuracy adds for both myself and my group, he would not want me to go without it and even wants every Dirge in our force to finish off their 6-piece.

The 2/4/6-piece set bonuses overall, I am in love with.  Not having to use a concentration slot for Percussion allows a little more freedom with my buffs.  Having constant Chimes for the raidforce with two Dirges wearing 4-piece bonus is amazing.  And the 10% melee accuracy, as stated previously, I would not go without.

As a random sidenote, I think something to consider for a future set piece would be the effect the Twelve Tone Earstone gives with a successful Grim Strike hit (increase melee range by 100%, casting speed by 25%, CA range by 15m).

Jalina Nar'Vhalex :: 80th Coercer of Bloodthorn

Aerynn Tindomerel :: 80th Swashbuckler

Alyria Tindomerel :: 80th Warden

Amywiel Galanodel :: 75th Ranger & Master Jeweler

Antonia Bayle
Naelora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #39
Beastmage

Loremaster

Defiler vp set

Overall - very poor

Good (sort of):

• +healing (in reality this is only so so because a mythical fury will cap out our heal mod anyways, but it looks good on paper)
  • +heal crit
  • 2 set bonus is ok
  • focus on legs are ok, but nothing too special considering that spell is generally 1% of my heal parse.

Bad:

• too much focus on dps
  • focus on chestpiece is on our least cast offensive spell
  • +crushing on pieces when mythical is piercing
  • +double attack is very weak for defilers
  • 4 set bonus - horrible, again more focus on dps instead of healing/debuffing
  • 6 set bonus - bad, deathward is up once a minute.  The gains of this bonus are severly hampered by that
  • no spell haste or spell reuse, these bonuses are the most important to shaman

Considering all that above, I have my whole vp set, but only wear a single piece of it (shoulders for heal crit).  Every other piece is out done by other gear (t1-t4 non set stuff and legendary) and the set bonuses are absolutely zero incentive to wear them.

Defilers role in raid is generally MT shaman.  Casting speed, faster reuse,  better debuffs, and fat wards are the most important things for us... not bigger DoT numbers. 

We are a healer first, buffer second, debuffer third, and dps 100th (behind a bunch of other stuff like destroyer of air molecules and burden to society).

Please consider that when creating our new raid sets.

Beastmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:21 PM   #40
noahwik

Loremaster

Naelora wrote:

For Dirges that are not Avatar raiders:

Chest: +125 spell/CA.  The focus of Penetrating Shriek is not that great, but to say that this piece is never worn is to be ignorant of those who do not raid avatars.  To get to the 6-piece bonus, this piece essential (as the gloves for the set are just awful), and after my raid leader parsed out the amount of dps that the 10% melee accuracy adds for both myself and my group, he would not want me to go without it and even wants every Dirge in our force to finish off their 6-piece.

As a random sidenote, I think something to consider for a future set piece would be the effect the Twelve Tone Earstone gives with a successful Grim Strike hit (increase melee range by 100%, casting speed by 25%, CA range by 15m).

Even if you dont raid avatars...

At present you can still get the effect of the six piece without equipping it, ie rotate in the chest etc and cast boon then equip something significantly better, hence the comment. Even the SoH chest or the Lava forged chainmail is a lot better than the VP chest imo. 4 pieces is optimal at most times to increase the timespan of cacophony being up.

Also you should be pretty close to the meaningful cap on STR / INT on most raids so the stat argument doesnt wash imo. On harder stuff, for me, DA >MC on easier stuff MC >DA

"Noone picks a bard to dps", doesnt mean it should limit the minds of those who raid with them though ; and agree chanters seem to have the best of both worlds at the moment SMILEY

I like the idea of earring effect.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #41
Andu

General

Illusionist: 2 and 4 set bonus fine.

6 set bonus horrible, power regen for the best regen class in game.

Incidently: your plans for illusionist gear in TSO. Absolutely dire. Look at the 6 set for Coercers for a steer as to some useful group utility although in and of itself the coercer 6 set bonus is weak. Subjugation, just horrible.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:20 AM   #42
Naelora

Loremaster

noahwik wrote:

Even if you dont raid avatars...

At present you can still get the effect of the six piece without equipping it, ie rotate in the chest etc and cast boon then equip something significantly better, hence the comment. Even the SoH chest or the Lava forged chainmail is a lot better than the VP chest imo. 4 pieces is optimal at most times to increase the timespan of cacophony being up.

Also you should be pretty close to the meaningful cap on STR / INT on most raids so the stat argument doesnt wash imo. On harder stuff, for me, DA >MC on easier stuff MC >DA

"Noone picks a bard to dps", doesnt mean it should limit the minds of those who raid with them though ; and agree chanters seem to have the best of both worlds at the moment

I like the idea of earring effect.

I had no idea about that six piece thing.  Awesome.  Thanks for the heads up. *goes in on woven shadow* ... *still feels like a newb every once in a while after 3 years*

Secondly, I was just saying in general that I liked certain stats for certain pieces, and the only thing I could really attribute the change to was the stats.  Honestly, my DA may just end up being so high on raids, that I don't notice a difference between the two hats as we have a relatively atypical raid setup.

Glad you liked the earring idea.

Jalina Nar'Vhalex :: 80th Coercer of Bloodthorn

Aerynn Tindomerel :: 80th Swashbuckler

Alyria Tindomerel :: 80th Warden

Amywiel Galanodel :: 75th Ranger & Master Jeweler

Antonia Bayle
Naelora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:56 AM   #43
Nathdorl

Loremaster

this has already been fixed. bonusses gained from VP-set pieces will be purged if you remove the set pieces.

Nathdorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:52 AM   #44
Emlar_from_Halas

Loremaster

Guardian set

Head : Barbute of the vigilant, +100 ca is really poor specially compared to the Wrathbringer +5% block KOChest : Breastplate of the vigilant, +7 melee crit and focus return of war, perfect. OKShoulders : Spaulders of the vigilant, +7 dps. Really not worth it, compared to Wrathbringer or even Jarsath Tribe. KOForearms : Gusset of the vigilant, +7 melee crit. OKHands : Gauntlets of the vigilant, +5 att speed, +75 ca. Very average. AVERAGE to KOLegs : Greaves of the vigilant, +7 dble Att and focus to separate. OKFeet : Sabatons of the vigilant, +5 dps. KOSuggestions

Guardians in raid settings rarely suffer from a lack of dps mod. Due to potential double attack evolution, I would suggest a bit of double attack increase as well as some avoidance bonus instead. Since most VP guardians are def and parry capped, I also suggest to provide +1 parry/block % instead of additional +5 parry or block.

Head : Whatever you do, the comparison with a +5% block will be poor. May be a combination of +2% block and +3 critShoulders : +1% riposte and  + 5 att speedHands : Would benefit from an additional +3 dble att.Feet : Add a +1% riposte and it should be a good compromise.

Bonus Set

2 elts is really nice since it serves our primary purpose (keep aggro) without requiring additional dps increase, that makes assassins and wizzies happy.4 elts is really worthless since RoK was focused on maximising avoidance. Suggestion : 100 permanent ward on melee attacks6 elts is really poor. 10% shield protection increase might be cute.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:33 AM   #45
Killerbee3000

Loremaster

Beastmage wrote:

Defiler vp set

Overall - very poor

Good (sort of):

• +healing (in reality this is only so so because a mythical fury will cap out our heal mod anyways, but it looks good on paper)
  • +heal crit
  • 2 set bonus is ok
  • focus on legs are ok, but nothing too special considering that spell is generally 1% of my heal parse.

Bad:

• too much focus on dps
  • focus on chestpiece is on our least cast offensive spell
  • +crushing on pieces when mythical is piercing
  • +double attack is very weak for defilers
  • 4 set bonus - horrible, again more focus on dps instead of healing/debuffing
  • 6 set bonus - bad, deathward is up once a minute.  The gains of this bonus are severly hampered by that
  • no spell haste or spell reuse, these bonuses are the most important to shaman

Considering all that above, I have my whole vp set, but only wear a single piece of it (shoulders for heal crit).  Every other piece is out done by other gear (t1-t4 non set stuff and legendary) and the set bonuses are absolutely zero incentive to wear them.

I dont understand why you have the legs in the good section, since noone would really equip the set legs over the ward proc ones.

Agree with the rest though, we are not dps classes, sure, noone's going to complain if we hit a mob once in a while, but that doesnt mean our set gear should boost dps.

Also the chest piece is completly horrible, who would wear it over a certain t7 cloth robe? think about it for a second, a t7 cloth item from a heroic zone that was not even aimed at a specific class being better than a t8 chain class specific designed piece of gear... thats not what I call progression.

Killerbee3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #46
Paikis

Loremaster

My comments in RED

Dajaan wrote:

1. Troubador Set

as we all know the troubador is mostly a supportive class, but being a scout you still have the potential of doing some dps. while dpsing is more fun then hitting the jesters and perfection of the maestro buttons all the time, the setpieces could need a little boost to help doing so - especially there is no spell crit at the moment.

imho the overall stats like str, int, hp, resists etc. are ok, so i will focus on the special stats.

head / coif of magnetism / +7 double attack OK

shoulders / mantle of magnetism / +100 spell and combat art damage NO (I like this bonus. It adds to overall DPS)

forearms / bracers of magnetism / +7 melee crit OK

hands / gloves of magnetism / +5 attack speed +75 spell and combat art damage NO (Agreed, although the bonus is useful, would never use these over the LEGENDARY blackened Alloy ones from RE2.)

feet / boots of magnetism / +10 damage per second OK (Disagree strongly here. Would NEVER wear these boots over the LEGENDARY Trooper Scale Boots.)

legs / leggings of magnetism / +7 double attack OK / focus: increase of allegretto +8 NO (My haste is usually Capped (200+) in a raid even without running Allegretto. Worthless addition to an un-needed buff.)

chest / coat of magnetism / +125 spell and combat art damage NO (see: Shoulders, also, what are you wearing instead?) / focus: +9% trigger chance of aria of magic OK

1.1 Set Focus

(2) Removes the concentration cost of Alin's Serene Serenade OK (No, NOT ok. Dirges get the conc removed off their stoneskin line, which is a buff that is ALWAYS useful. We get the conc removed from a buff which is only really needed while raiding. Swap this to something we always have running like Aria)

(4) Increases the damage of Perfection of the Maestro by 175 OK (Could be a bigger increase, but otherwise good.

(6) Reduces recast time of Countersoung by 120 seconds NO (Worse than useless. This spell is currently bugged and is almost useless. The damage is not the part that needs to be negated, its the effects with the AE.)

the 6 piece bonus should be something really cool, to make wearing 6 pieces worthwhile. while on paper the 2 minute recast reduction of countersoung sounds good, it's completely useless on actual raids, because every mob gets a 10 3 minute immunity to countersong, once cast. so if you would really need it twice on an encounter (meaning the fight would last > 10 min) you still have the other troubador in the raid doing it because a typical raid setup contains at least 2 troubadors.

1.2 Recommendation

shoulders: addition of +7 spell crit

hands: replace +5 attack speed with +7 melee crit

legs: focus: enhance Fortissimo +5% double attack or enhance Harmonization by +5% or enhance Resonance range +5

chest: additon of +7 spell crit

Troubadors need both spell and melee crit due to having spells as well as combat arts, so it would be good to increase both. the focus on the legs of increase allegretto is pretty useless because 1) in a raidsetup a troubador is typically grouped with an illusionist so the group is virtually always beyond the +200 haste cap 2) the +8 gain is way to small compared to the gain from various other items - increasing it won't help though because of 1)

1.3 Bard Epic Weapons (both Troubador and Dirge)

just one thing: 4.0s delay instead of the 3.5s for obvious reasons please!

--------------------------

i hope my post will be at least partially helpful to you guys! balancing and itemization is always a hard job to do, and its pretty easy to feel discouraged by being shouted at all the time, but you gotta keep going. you are doing your job pretty well imho, especially compared to other mmos out there!

cheers!

Kaelas, Necromancer

Valindor, Templar

Paikis, Troubador

Ashk, Berserker

Mirbolt, Shadowknight
Paikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #47
Tharinor Degaulle

Loremaster

For Paladins, our boots are very "meh."  Paladins cap CA/Spell damage very easily and we're getting 100 of both from our mythical, 275 from our VP set, and we proc what 200+ more from our mythical.  That's not including all the CA/spell we have on other gear too.  I'd rather see the boots get something other than CA/SPell, maybe something defensive like parry or some haste or defense.

Pauldrons I think should get something in addition to +5 DPS so they are a good substitute over the Mantle of the Jarsath Tribe (parry, defense, and DA).

Lastly, might need to look at the 6 piece bonus as well.  Can't go more than 50% recast reduction on an ability, but from what's been said about the TSO AAs in other forums, it sounds like Paladins will have two different ways to reduce the recast of Holy Ground by 30 seconds, but can only get -45s max.

80 Paladin/80 Weaponsmith
Tharinor Degaulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #48
Arno24

Loremaster

Paladin: 2 Set: Ok 4 Set: Good 6 Set: Holy ground does not need a reduced reuse time. This should be changed to something completely different.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #49
Praytus

Loremaster

I would also add that most of the stats on the Paladin set bonus don't benefit a Paladin very much.

Praytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #50
Tharinor Degaulle

Loremaster

Refusal of Atonement recast reduction is ok, not uber but not crappy.  Probably fine for a 2 set bonus.  The 4 set bonus is good.  10% melee/spell crit and DA should be left alone IMO.  6 set bonus should probably be changed to something else in TSO.

80 Paladin/80 Weaponsmith
Tharinor Degaulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:43 PM   #51
Trynnus1

Loremaster

I can only speak directly to the zerker set, but my comments apply to armor sets in general.

Basically since set were first introduced in EoF, bonuses have been average at best. Single CA boosts have been mediocer on 2 pieces.

To mirror a previous post - the bonuses and the gear themselves are in fact a downgrade from other gear avaliable for each slot. The only piece of VP I am trying to get are the zerker gloves everything else I have a better piece of gear for that slot. Now I understand the each piece can not be the "best" for the slot but the bonuses should make up for the difference at a minimum.  There should be a reason to collect 4 or 6 pieces and these bonuses should make everyone go "WOW".

What about putting in a bonus that relates to peoples' epic weapons (I mean Fabled only BTW). As a raiding zerker, there was absolutely no reason to use my Fabled because there are better weapons avaliable even from instances. Give the non VP zerkers a reason to use the weapon via the set bonuses.

Suggestions for bonuses:

Reduced resist rates on taunts - my first choice SMILEY+c/s/p - already on the VP - zerkers love this one already because even in Off stance our hit rate is lower than the DPS crowd. (I know we are not DPS but when we make the choice to DPS and not "be the tank" this would be nice)So many other things I can suggest but inherent in the suggestions are changes to things the zerker community has been suggested changed already.

All I am asking for is a reason to collect a set and not have the peices muted.

Trynnus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #52
Beastmage

Loremaster

Killerbee3000 wrote:

I dont understand why you have the legs in the good section, since noone would really equip the set legs over the ward proc ones.

Complaining about an item in our set that has +7 heal crit and +350 to our big heal simply because another item is more powerful is just nitpicking.

Beastmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:49 AM   #53
Mahgnus

Champion

Paladin set

The good

2 set bonusA reduction on the recast time to our large single target nuke that is usually around 3-5 % of our zw is a great 2 set bonus. This spell in the x-pac will go from number 6 on Paladins spell/ca efficiency chart to number 1. I cannot stress enough how great of a 2 set this is and I hope to see on our new set gear.

4 set bonus This is a fantastic set bonus and it insures all Paladins will wear there 4 set bonus. Finally a step in the right direction to adress our reliance on multiple crits/da's.

The bad

6 set bonusJust as most classes don't wear there 6 set bonus b/c it simply doesnt make up the lost stats (IE crit/da etc). 30 seconds off of Holy Ground is very meh to beguin with, not to mention If we where to get some sort of aa's to reduce it in the future this would be 100% useless =p. the only time a Paladin would even want to wear this would be on extreme mem wipe mobs. Even then most do not wear it for Avatar of Justice (thats about as extreme as you can get) b/c it simply just isnt worth the amount of stats you lose.

A SuggestionMake the set bonus somethin that makes you say woe! An effect that isnt normally buffed by regualr gear. Somethin along the lines of say base auto attack damage by 10-15% or When all 6 pieces you gain a small Stoneskin proc (5% chance) and chance to proc a reactive heal. Maybe even somethin along the lines of Makes Caster immune to Fear, Stun and Stifle effects while 6 pieces are worn. This prehaps? When 6 pieces are worn  it grants 25% increase to base damage of Call of Redemption and also adds a secondary effect of 20% increased damage to all procs in the Paladins group with 10% reuse to the group.  Sure some of those suggested are over powered as hell but in order for any classes to wear all 6 Pieces, the effect has to be pretty darn nice to make up for the lost effects of other gear.

BP FocusAt the moment it's 2 mins off of lay on hands. Now say if for w/e reason yall decided to make lower the recast from 15 mins to 5 mins, 2 mins off wouldnt be bad at all considering it nearly caps out the recast. However thats only if you guys where to make it a 5 min recast =p. As it stand now 2 mins off a 15 second ability is just a slap in the face. Somethin on the order of 30 seconds off of Holy Strike or 30% increase damage to Refusal of Conviction would be much more fitting or even 25% increase to the heal amount of Lay on Hands.

Legs FocusAtm 6% increase chance to proc Call of Redemption. This spell proc is so small it nets less then 1% of my and group members zone wide. This is a terrible effect to place on a Leg/BP item. A Suggestion increase the damage of the proc by 50% or give it some small added bonus (5% reuse or somethin along those lines) if your hell bent on keepin this a focus being it has been used on both EoF and RoK Paladins set bonuses. Another focus that could go on either Legs or BP is 25% increase to the amount Prayer.

Mahgnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:50 AM   #54
Compas

Loremaster

Necromancer VP Set: Grave ReckoningSet bonuses

2 Pieces: Focus Soulrot: good4 Pieces: Focus Demilich: good6 Pieces: Focus Vampirism: the most terrible focus for the most worthless spell ever created.Note: no bonuses for the pets. 

Cap of Grave Reckoning: +20 power per tick: for a class that has hearts, lich and Pet power taps not so good. does nothing for the pet.Cowl of Grave Reckoning: +125 spell/heal : marginal and since the pet get no advantage, is approx +75 spell/healCuff of Grave Reckoning: +7 spell crit: Why use these over the lava channeling sleeves that give the same spell crit and added reuse. Does nothing for the pet so in actuality is equivilent to about 5% crit .Gloves of Grave Reckoning: +100 spell/heal: see cowl just lower.Pantaloons of Grave Reckoning: Focus: Bloodcoil  , +5% health: awesome. Still no pet bonuses.Robe of Grave Reckoning: Focus: Pandemic , +10 ability casting time: Ability is so so since  Necromancers cast rather fast and and limited aoe encounters at this time; also does nothing for the pet.Slippers of Grave Reckoning: +7 spell crit: good for the slot, does nothing for the pet is equivilent to about 5% crit.

Compas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:19 AM   #55
chily

Loremaster

Encantador wrote:

Coercer set:

Set bonuses:

2 Set is ok, but is not much use for me as we have troubs for those who need deaggro, so whether I add 25% or 31% is irrelevant. In addition the extra affect to Peaceful Link is underpowered.

4 Set is awful. Cannibalize Thoughts is hardly ever used (both because it does so little and because power is only a problem after a big drain) so adding 25% to it is useless.

6 Set is good for our groups, but minor for a coercer. We already have masses of spell cast reduction.

Item effects:

Robe : power is not a concern so 10% more power is hey hum ok , Focus: Hostage is good, it has a noticeable affect

Pants : Focus Asylum is ok

Gloves: very bad: +20 regen for a raiding coercer is no use at all.

Cowl and Cuffs: ok

Cap and Slippers: shrug, masses of spell damage available would prefer something else

In General i agree totaly any only post some notes about it. * 2: Peaceful Link, only proc from melee attacks and not from spell, change the spell to any successfull attack and it's ok. * 4: Instead of boosting Cannibalize Toughts boost Mana Shroud or even better Increase the power retuning amount of Manaflow by 5% for example. * 6: Since coercers are in MT group the reduce cast time is every good, If you want to twink that one .. then keep it and add either Base dmg/Base Heal of like 3 to 5% or faster reuse. *Chest is good yeah Focus: Hostage is insane ! the EoF Chest had it and in RoK too should defo be on the TSO one too, but why but make a double Bonus? Focus Hostage (+3 triggers) + Spell Curse (+2 Triggers) ? The Chest defo should boost the coercer main dps spells. * Pants the focus is semi ok, catalysic mind focus prefered, but tbh the biggest boost of the pants is the recast reduce ! * Gloves are awfull yup, Power regen on a set piece useless SMILEY, why not give a tiny boost for our PE pet (like skill increase) before we get power regen SMILEY

Chillispike 80 SK, Guildleader of Boogie Knights @ Splitpaw and EQ2iAdmin

Sanji 80 Coercer @ Splitpaw

I just don't use Station Cash.

chily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #56
Sarka

Loremaster

Swashbuckler

BP, Hands, Hat and Shoulder are bad for a VP Set. For this 4 pieces there are better replacements in lower tiers.

2 Set: not bad, but not really good .......

4 Set: it would be nice when there where more (raid) group encounter

6 Set: it would be good if it was on 2 Set, on 6 Set its not really good (to have in mind that you must replace 3 pieces that are better as the VP pieces)

Honestly the Set itself is nice, but its bad for a VP Set

As the other posters has said: The Sets must have bonus thats make you Wow. The single pieces could be equal (or a bit worser) as others, but the bonus should overshine everything.

Things that would be nice (or uber if you like):

- Debuff increase (on fokus one style, as a set-bonus all styles)

- Debuff duration increase (on fokus one style, as a set-bonus all styles)

- Poison dmg increase

- Increased Trigger chance for all Triggers (poison, procs ect)

- Double Attack on all styles (5% maybe)

- Aoe Chance for styles (20% maybe)

Sarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:05 AM   #57
acting_funny

Loremaster

defiler:2 set bonus - reasonable4 set bonus - useless6 set bonus - useless, deathward was ok in the rok beta when it could hit 10k+ if used correctly, now it's a waste of a hot key.bp / leg bonus' - both uselesssuggestion:take a hard look at what the templar/mystic vp sets do for their class and give us a compareable set.

acting_funny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #58
arksun

Loremaster

Guardian Set = Bad

2 Piece set - reduces the recast of reinforcement by 60 seconds. This is pointless considering we can get this to its lowest recast 1min30 seconds in our Guardian Achievement tree.

4 Piece set - Increases the trigger chance of hold the aggresion by 5%. This is not worthwhile either due to the fact, when it comes to tanking raid mobs, the idea is to avoid most of the attacks. Adding 5% trigger to something that in essence we dont want procing and does not proc all the time makes this a worthless 4 piece set also.

6 Piece Set - Increases the damage of Infract6ion by 175 and hate gain by 25%. This one is not so bad but to put on the 6 pieces of VP set armor to get this proc is worthless. For one the helm is dwarfed by either the wrathbring helm or the curling horns. The feet are no where near comparison to the Tramplers boots from PR, and the shoulders are no wheres near as good as the wrathbringer or even the absolution pauldrons. That alone is 3 pieces of gear out of the 7 pieces that no guardian wears.

IMO rethink the 2,4,6, piece set bonus and the stats on the VP set feet and shoulders should be a better upgrade than what comes out of a Tier1 zone like PR.

Thanks for listening.

Maruu: 90 Bruiser (AB)

Izuru: 90 Inquisitor (AB)

Forsho: 90 Berserker (Guk)

Smithie: 90 Paladin (Guk)

Baraggan: 90 Coercer (Guk)

Aaroniero: 90 Swashbuckler (Guk)

Nnoitra: 90 Mystic (Guk)

arksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #59
arksun

Loremaster

Emlar_from_Halas wrote:

2 elts is really nice since it serves our primary purpose (keep aggro) without requiring additional dps increase, that makes assassins and wizzies happy.

You can lower reinforcement to 1min30seconds in your guardian AA tree, no reason to have it on your set pieces. Only thing your set pieces do is save you 3 - 4 AA's, in an already meaningless AA tree.

Maruu: 90 Bruiser (AB)

Izuru: 90 Inquisitor (AB)

Forsho: 90 Berserker (Guk)

Smithie: 90 Paladin (Guk)

Baraggan: 90 Coercer (Guk)

Aaroniero: 90 Swashbuckler (Guk)

Nnoitra: 90 Mystic (Guk)

arksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #60
sensie

Loremaster

Monk VP Set,

The 2 set bonus, Increases the damage done by dragon fire by 125 and increases the the casting speed reduction by 10 percent.  This combat art is very very situational, the limitations with dragon fire adn more at issue, so it seems like the bonus would not be used that often.  The frontal cone ( not a true AOE) limits the opportunity that you can use this. I would prefer it to be something along the lines of a 20 percent damage bonus to all our AoE's at first glance that might seem over powered but with our aoes on such a long recast timer and lower damage, that the amount its brought up would not be as great

The 4 set Bonus, Increases flow like wind, our offensive stance.  The add to our crushing/piercing/slashing skill is very nice however if you are able to get this far in prpgression you will be soft capped for attack speed, so the increase to attack speed is USELESS, especially with our 2.6 delay weapons, instead of increasing the attack speed, add a Double attack, or crit or dps add

The 6 set bonus the rising dragon bonus, just get rid of, and add a 20 percent bonus to swiftcalm

Head Fine

Shoulders Fine

forearms fine

Hands Fine

Chest fine

Legs Drop 5 attack speed, for dps crit or DA same reasons as above

feet Fine