EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
Bloodfa
Server: Nagafen

General

Uh, this is supposed to not be possible, right?  Once you're involved in PvP, you can't invite or accept an invite?  So why is it happening?  Had it happen, know it wasn't a question of someone being out of the zone and then popping in, so ... what up wit dat?  Is it some new glitch?  A rare bug?  Or has this been the case for a while now and I just missed the memo?

Bloodfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
ailen

Loremaster

I believe if you don't fight back, someone can still be invited...  so..

follow a level 25 around with your 70.. queue up a group invite, let someone hit you then OWN THEIR FACE.

or something like that.. I'm not sure I don't know anyone that's level 25

Old 07-12-2007, 06:01 PM   #3
silentpsycho

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Uh, this is supposed to not be possible, right?  Once you're involved in PvP, you can't invite or accept an invite?  So why is it happening?  Had it happen, know it wasn't a question of someone being out of the zone and then popping in, so ... what up wit dat?  Is it some new glitch?  A rare bug?  Or has this been the case for a while now and I just missed the memo?
While it's been a while since I've seen anyone group up after attacking me, it happens pretty frequently that someone will use a lower level friend as ungrouped "bait" that very quickly gets invited to a group/raid of higher levels after they are hit.  I think they key for this "trick" to work is that the attacked person can not do anything (heal, cure, auto attack, nuke, etc.) until they join the group.  Borderline exploit since it bypasses the warning that the guy you are attacking is with some heavy hitters, but you should be able to figure that out without the little arrow over his head anyway.  If he hit you and then gets grouped up, thats a bug/exploit.  I've not seen one of these in quite a while.

Bruisers... steadily taking up the rear end since LU24 --- say NO to FD NERF 2007
silentpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #4
Norrsken

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

follow a level 25 around with your 70.. queue up a group invite, let someone hit you then OWN THEIR FACE.

That used to not be possible, so I guess there is a new bug. Because not fighting back and being capable of inviting opens up some spiffy and rather stupid exploits.

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:14 PM   #5
silentpsycho

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

That used to not be possible, so I guess there is a new bug. Because not fighting back and being capable of inviting opens up some spiffy and rather stupid exploits.
The "rule" is: You can not invite or be invited to a group while you are engaged in PVP combat.  If you do not attack another player, you are technically not engaged in PVP combat.  I'm pretty sure that it has always been this way.

Bruisers... steadily taking up the rear end since LU24 --- say NO to FD NERF 2007
silentpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #6
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

Im sure you arent SUPPOSED to be able to group if you are being hit. Otherwise PvP is totally broken.. whats the point in the heroic tag if it means nothing?

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:01 PM   #7
Greeen-_-Ranger

Loremaster

shaunfletcher wrote:

Im sure you arent SUPPOSED to be able to group if you are being hit. Otherwise PvP is totally broken.. whats the point in the heroic tag if it means nothing?

The heroic tag means they are grouped, how does that mean nothing?!?!?!??!?!?!?
Greeen-_-Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
Greeen-_-Ranger

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
shaunfletcher wrote:

Oh yea, anytime I'm out with my guild and we see someone our level grouped with higher people, we will intentionally kill that person, just to spite his higher level group.  We are usually successful at this as well, because they egotystical people in their group usually doesn't notice until it's to late, and it's rare that a 70 one shot's one of us before.  Short of being one shotted we usually do not lose anyone.
Greeen-_-Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:14 AM   #9
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
shaunfletcher wrote:

Because if they can group after the instant you attack them then non-heroic means "might be heroic when its too late for you to stop" no? Or am I suggering comprehension disorder on what is being described here"

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #10
Norrsken

Loremaster

silentpsycho wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

The "rule" is: You can not invite or be invited to a group while you are engaged in PVP combat.  If you do not attack another player, you are technically not engaged in PVP combat.  I'm pretty sure that it has always been this way.
Im actually 100% sure that it used to not allow you to invite or be invited when being attacked in pvp. I tested it. I also found an exploit that were later fixed. No, you are not supposed to be able to invite if you dont fight back, since it opens up a world of lame invites. (Such as the suggested lvl 70 following you around)

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #11
TniEradani

Loremaster

shaunfletcher wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
shaunfletcher wrote:

Because if they can group after the instant you attack them then non-heroic means "might be heroic when its too late for you to stop" no? Or am I suggering comprehension disorder on what is being described here"

/agree - the timing of accepting the group invite is really lame

the only way to save yourself is to kill the noob very quickly before the higher level has a chance to hit back as then you'll be OOC and non-attackable

TniEradani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #12
Zanid

General

This is just another way for the losers who can't play to try to earn fame. They frequently resort to this tactic (getting an invite from someone much lower so they can gank some greys) when they're unable to get a x2 together to run around rolling solo greens. Welcome to EverLame.
Zanid is offline   Reply With Quote