EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #31
surepaw

Loremaster
surepaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: You would never believe me
Posts: 139
Default

Fyreflyte wrote:

Seeing as how nobody even has any of this shield block gear yet, I'm not "shafting" anyone. I also guarantee you'll see a much greater gain in mitigation than 0.1%. I tested this stuff pretty extensively, and can always tune it up (or down) a bit if it's not providing the intended amount of protection.

Thank you for the heads up Fyre.

I Understand the change and agree with it.

I just can't believe so many people are whining about a change. To me it is as if Ferrari decided to make a truck. They make the demo first with short rods to give it speed. But being it is a truck, and not a sports car, they decided to change the final product to longer rods for torque. People start to complain about a truck, saying it is Ferrari and now is nerfed in speed, what the heck use is it to me. It is now useless. And yet others admit it is a truck, made for hauling large loads, so it needs the torque.

Just because it is for a tank, does not mean it needs avoidance all the time. It really depends on how the tank was suppose to operate from the get go as to how they should be played and what they should use.

__________________
swashbuckling, adj. [swosh-buhk-ling, swŏsh-bÅ*k-lēng]

-Though many of us will automatically think of a pirate when we hear this word, it actually refers to the characteristics or manners of a 'swaggering swordsman, soldier, adventurer, or daredevil.' Swashbuckling appeared towards the end of the 17th century as the adjective form of English swashbuckler (circa 1560 CE), the 'swaggering swordsman' mentioned previously. This in turn is was formed by combining English swash and buckle. Swash started out as a noun first recorded in 1538 CE meaning 'the fall of a heavy body or blow' and may have been formed as an imitation of the sound made when this happens. It took on a verb form a few decades later, which appears to be the swash that begat our swashbuckler.
surepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #32
Thunndar316

Loremaster
Thunndar316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,681
Default

Just fix the horrendous server side lag in MoY.  It's unplayable.

__________________


Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #33
Thunndar316

Loremaster
Thunndar316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,681
Default

This whole system is way too complicated.

All you need is AC and Hit Points

__________________


Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #34
Boli32

Loremaster
Boli32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,425
Default

Fyreflyte wrote:

I'm making a number of changes to the items currently available for purchase with void shards. The majority of the changes are improvements to the advanced armor sets, however I wanted to drop in a quick warning about a couple of changes that could affect the desirability of certain items:

The Shield Block effect is being removed from all tank-usable items. It's being replaced with mitigation modifiers that equate to roughly the same % increase in damage reduction.Shield Block is being left on the Righteous Rage jewelry set. These items, however, will no longer be available to crusaders. If you are a crusader, please do not purchase the Righteous Rage jewelry pieces, as they will be retroactively hotfixed to exclude your class.

These changes will hopefully be hotfixed early next week.

QUESTION:

Given the fiasco with Green dragon shield; and ther fact there are SHIELDs with shield effectiveiness on, traks shield, a nice new shield in Tomb of the Mad Crusader "Savage Wall". and many MANY others.

Will this SE be removed 3 months down the line when it gets "noticed" or is it intended? I woudl rather know now before i blow all my dkp on a shield that is gonna be nerfed in the future.

Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #35
Callim

General
Callim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 97
Default

Detor wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

To make up 14 percent actual mitigation?  You would either need to destroy and take away the mit curve, or have a whole new system like "reduces all damage by 14 percent."  I just don't see how it could work.

The later, reduces all damage by x percent, already exists on some gear.

I realize that yes, majority being mythical mods, of which one crusader has 10 percent, the other 0.  However even spending 10 and 30 void shards respectively to get the lesser and greater BP only nets you 3 percent.  So are we to understand that the BP on that set will be improved from 3 to 14? 

I just don't see them placing that much of a bonus on the set, because if they are worried about a large block increase being overpowered, well an equivalent amount of "reduces all melee damage" would be even more powerful, since it ignores possible mob strikethrough and works in a 360 degree direction.

This seems to be a promise that can't realistically be fulfilled is all I am saying.

Callim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:55 PM   #36
Fyreflyte

Black Mage
Fyreflyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 751
Default

Boli32 wrote:

QUESTION:

Given the fiasco with Green dragon shield; and ther fact there are SHIELDs with shield effectiveiness on, traks shield, a nice new shield in Tomb of the Mad Crusader "Savage Wall". and many MANY others.

Will this SE be removed 3 months down the line when it gets "noticed" or is it intended? I woudl rather know now before i blow all my dkp on a shield that is gonna be nerfed in the future.

Shield Effectiveness on a shield and on armor pieces are two entirely different things. You cannot wear multiple shields, and therefore cannot stack multiple bonuses from them.

Fyreflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:06 PM   #37
Detor

Loremaster
Detor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,198
Default

Fyreflyte wrote:

Boli32 wrote:

QUESTION:

Given the fiasco with Green dragon shield; and ther fact there are SHIELDs with shield effectiveiness on, traks shield, a nice new shield in Tomb of the Mad Crusader "Savage Wall". and many MANY others.

Will this SE be removed 3 months down the line when it gets "noticed" or is it intended? I woudl rather know now before i blow all my dkp on a shield that is gonna be nerfed in the future.

Shield Effectiveness on a shield and on armor pieces are two entirely different things. You cannot wear multiple shields, and therefore cannot stack multiple bonuses from them.

If gear A says it has "Shield Block II" then gear B says it has "Shield Block III" they stack right?  But if gear A has "Haste increase attack speed by 30%" then gear B has "Haste increases attack speed by 25%" that doesn't stack right?  Is there any way to know that kind of thing ahead of time without asking for each effect?

__________________
Comcast (SMC D3G-BIZ) & Verizon Cellphone (Droid Charge)

Detor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:17 AM   #38
Eadon

Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 48
Default

Thunndar316 wrote:

This whole system is way too complicated.

All you need is AC and Hit Points

That makes for an incerdibly bland combat system.

Complex is good, but it needs to make sense, and the more complex a system, the more transparent it needs to be.

Eadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:22 PM   #39
dbmoreland

Loremaster
dbmoreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 343
Default

Any chance we are going to see Forearm slot pieces of the Legendary Void Shard armor? There are only 6 of the 7 "standard" armor pieces for each Legendary set. There are all 7 pieces of the Fabled "Raid" sets, so did you miss one, or was this intentional?

Thanks,

dbmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #40
Loxus
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Devecia
Rank: HMFIC

Loremaster
Loxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 343
Default

Anarissa wrote:

Fyreflyte wrote:

Seeing as how nobody even has any of this shield block gear yet, I'm not "shafting" anyone. I also guarantee you'll see a much greater gain in mitigation than 0.1%. I tested this stuff pretty extensively, and can always tune it up (or down) a bit if it's not providing the intended amount of protection.

I will give you credit Fyreflyte, unlike some others, YOU are at least out here answering some of the questions in the best way you possibly can. It's the others that refuse to even communicate with the community that irritate most of us.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work. We'll all get over the proposed changes, even tho we never originally experienced them!

Here here! I second this.  Fyreflyte at least takes the time to let us in on the reasoning of all item changes.  We may not agree with them (still miffed about the [Removed for Content] of animosity), but that's on us.  He's out here answering pretty much every question at least even though he's swamped with the new expansion and not "once and done" posting.  Great Job Fyre!

I'm also going to stand by this change, plate tanks (including crusaders) aren't avoidance tanks, it's nice to have (God, knows I scramble to achieve every bit) but we shouldn't be able to attain more than the Brawlers.  That's their sandbox.

Loxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #41
Thunndar316

Loremaster
Thunndar316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,681
Default

Eadon wrote:

Thunndar316 wrote:

This whole system is way too complicated.

All you need is AC and Hit Points

That makes for an incerdibly bland combat system.

Complex is good, but it needs to make sense, and the more complex a system, the more transparent it needs to be.

Exactly.  It's a system I can understand without studying miles of parse sheets.  Short, simple, and IT WORKS.  I shouldn't have to be a freakin math major to understand how defense works in a video game.

__________________


Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:11 AM   #42
Valphine

Loremaster
Valphine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 326
Default

Boli32 wrote:

Fyreflyte wrote:

I'm making a number of changes to the items currently available for purchase with void shards. The majority of the changes are improvements to the advanced armor sets, however I wanted to drop in a quick warning about a couple of changes that could affect the desirability of certain items:

The Shield Block effect is being removed from all tank-usable items. It's being replaced with mitigation modifiers that equate to roughly the same % increase in damage reduction.Shield Block is being left on the Righteous Rage jewelry set. These items, however, will no longer be available to crusaders. If you are a crusader, please do not purchase the Righteous Rage jewelry pieces, as they will be retroactively hotfixed to exclude your class.

These changes will hopefully be hotfixed early next week.

QUESTION:

Given the fiasco with Green dragon shield; and ther fact there are SHIELDs with shield effectiveiness on, traks shield, a nice new shield in Tomb of the Mad Crusader "Savage Wall". and many MANY others.

Will this SE be removed 3 months down the line when it gets "noticed" or is it intended? I woudl rather know now before i blow all my dkp on a shield that is gonna be nerfed in the future.

The Shield of the green dragon... oh yes, another nerf of that poor sheild... use it my self, and now with TSO I lost almost 1,5% total avodiance  thanks to the nerf of % block chance... to bad they didnt replace it with shield effectness. This is second time I lose my great avodiance skill thanks to nerfs of that shield... feel like its time to get another shield.

Valphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:33 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.