EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
Antipiety

Loremaster

Hi I was wondering if anyone that plays EQ2 could tell me if SOE has removed the ability to pay or your subscription with station cash? Seems SOE took away this option either as a bug or intentionally on EQ1 and would just like to know if they made this unannounced change on EQ2 also? thx in advance.

Antipiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Malchore

Loremaster

I bought a 3-month non recurring subscription using Station Cash about 3 weeks ago. I haven't noticed if it was changed since that time.

Malchore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
hexalobular

Lord

It's still listed in the online marketplace and I bought a 12 month subscription with SC on the 12th of april.

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Antipiety

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

Hey folks,

Just jumping in to let you know this was indeed an intentional change. This decision was partially based on the very limited utilization of this feature.

Regards,

So apparently it was intentionally removed from EQ1 I dont play EQ2 atm so not sure if the option is removed ingame but if it hasn't I would expect it to be removed soon so here is warning to you guys.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...topic_id=186940

Antipiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
Kenazeer

Loremaster

Antipiety wrote:

Piestro wrote:

Hey folks,

Just jumping in to let you know this was indeed an intentional change. This decision was partially based on the very limited utilization of this feature.

Regards,

So apparently it was intentionally removed from EQ1 I dont play EQ2 atm so not sure if the option is removed ingame but if it hasn't I would expect it to be removed soon so here is warning to you guys.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...topic_id=186940

Still there here. I just checked.

Edited to add: And if they want to remove it here that can't be the reason they give because it used extensively.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
Faneth
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Amenta

Loremaster

Please do not remove this option.

There is lots of people who do not want to give creditcard details anymore to SOE, me inclusive.

I am sure this option is used fairly frequent.

The only reason i see this is being removed is for those people who pay with SC but still set there accoun to renewal so they get the 500free SC each month.

This together with the whole prosatsieben incident will not do the community a lot of good.

Faneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
Mohee

Lord

I don't trust them with any personal information anymore either. The day I can't pay for my sub with SC will be the day I definately find something else to play. 

lol

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
Sedory

Loremaster

They have applied this to EQ2 today as well.  The non-reoccuring subs bought with SC are gone.

Sedory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Saraii
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Wunderbar

Loremaster

Maybe they got tired of people paying their monthly sub with platinum (i.e. Selling SC card for platinum!!)There is still the gamecard option if you don't want to put a CC down:

Old 06-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
alaplayer

Elder

I would imagine that only means SC in your balance. If you can no longer use the cards they have a WalMart to purchase game time as advertised on the card then they better be prepared for one heck of a backlash.

I can only imagine how much they lost recently though, the triple SC followed a few weeks later by a 50% rebate.

Unfortunately I "did mine wrong" if I had waited a 2 weeks I could have gotten my expansions and my year sub a little cheaper, still not bad for $45

alaplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

So much for "Free to play, your way"

My way was paying for SC cards with plat.

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #12
hexalobular

Lord

Sedory wrote:

They have applied this to EQ2 today as well.  The non-reoccuring subs bought with SC are gone.

Reoccuring subs bought with SC as well.

I've just discovered that my 12 month subscription bought with the triple SC at the end of april is

listed as reoccuring

I wish I knew if I missed a check box or if they changed it without saying.

Also, is there any way to see how much SC I had last month so I can tell if I've been getting the 500 bonus SC?

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
alaplayer

Elder

[email protected]_old wrote:

Maybe they got tired of people paying their monthly sub with platinum (i.e. Selling SC card for platinum!!)There is still the gamecard option if you don't want to put a CC down:

Yeah, well unless it was causing a lot of fraud issues in game then that is one thing, but are you really so thick to think that ANYONES sub was/is or ever has been paid with platinum? Someone still plopped down $15 for the card, SOE got their cut, the merchant got their cut and FastCard got thier cut, nothing is going to change because of this except a net loss of revenue for all 3 for this source. SOE might pick up a little more revenue on one end but this along with the other continued boneheaded moves they make day after day in the end it will cost them a loss because this IS going to cause some players to quit.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #14
alaplayer

Elder

hexalobular wrote:

Sedory wrote:

Reoccuring subs bought with SC as well.

I've just discovered that my 12 month subscription bought with the triple SC at the end of april is

listed as reoccuring

I wish I knew if I missed a check box or if they changed it without saying.

Also, is there any way to see how much SC I had last month so I can tell if I've been getting the 500 bonus SC?

If you have a CC listed on file with them even if you purcahse a non-RECURRING sub it will be listed as recurring until you remove the payment method. You can see on the account management page (on web) your SC transfers (including the 500 free) somehwere in there.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #15
Juravael

Loremaster

This will be the last straw for me if this remains. I just cancelled my 8 year long subscription a week ago and went non-recurring after months of dealing with inadequate customer service, day after day of the game glitching, closing down, dropping people and so on.

Time to turn my back and walk away from this game and company once and for all.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #16
Vinyard

Loremaster

So, those of us who buy SC only to use it for membership.....we're screwed now?

I'm not interested in mounts

I'm not interested in housing/decorating

I'm not interested in appearance armor/weapons

I'm NOT able to buy a Transfer Token because I'm non-recurring.

"More to play ,your way" "Free to play, your way".

I thought SoE was all about paying and playing on our own terms. No commitment. A recurring sub is a commitment.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
Onurissa
Guild: Order of Marr

Lord

Wow, totally was not expecting this. I have been playing with CC, so it doesnt effect me directly, however it will effect me when people leave because they dont have CC or dont want to give CC info. Many used that option, how they can say it was not used very often is beyond me. This game is already low on population, this is only going to make it worse!

Onurissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #18
Juravael

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I thought SoE was all about paying and playing on our own terms. No commitment. A recurring sub is a commitment.

Yes, pretty much and I am so angry right now that I could put my fist through the screen.

Shall I bend over some more for you SOE? Sure feel like I've been getting ....

Old 06-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #19
Onurissa

Lord

Yes, pretty much and I am so angry right now that I could put my fist through the screen.

Shall I bend over some more for you SOE? Sure feel like I've been getting ....

So much for play our way. They made it so you had a choice, now you either pay via CC or you use plat to buy a code from someone else. I know what i will be doing when my sub runs out.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #20
ChrissyFaey

Loremaster

If you're purchasing SC with plat, just put in the code toward game time instead of SC...? It really just means there's no bulk-buy discount any longer. :/

ChrissyFaey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #21
Vinyard

Loremaster

ChrissyFaey wrote:

If you're purchasing SC with plat, just put in the code toward game time instead of SC...? It really just means there's no bulk-buy discount any longer. :/

This is true, but there are people out there who had some SC saved up, specifically for when their membership runs out. And also people who bought cards and were holding on to them until a double/triple/bonus sc day

Old 06-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #22
Juravael

Loremaster

ChrissyFaey wrote:

I have never bought SC with plat. Not once.

I converted my account to give me some flexibility while still having the benefits of gold membership and the long term discount. Now that has been taken away from me. This change was NEVER announced here, yet Piestro was able to post about it on the EQ1 forums.

Thanks again.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #23
Deathlove

Loremaster

This makes me sad, I just started playing again and while I do like a few of the sc things for sale, the main thing I used SC for was my membership.

I know I can use a game card but let's face it, for some of us money is hard to come by. and I liked having a lil card and saved it til double or triple days and got a lot more membership for my money.

I will not renew gold at this rate,because 15$ while it's only a couple cups of coffee is still more than I want to spend when we had the option of waiting and using card and paying on double and triple days.

It would be quite different if we had never had such an option, but to have it and have it taken away is just sad to me.

As usual we are not asked what we think, or do they care it seems.

and I understand it's a business however they had the option in there for quite some time, that was a choice they made. And for once it was  a good one.

Back to silver for me. and I'll just spend much much less in sc and buy a few unlocks as I need them.

thanks soe for doing what you do best and ruining a good thing.

Deathlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #24
Tayne

Loremaster

Oh wow. Just checked in game .. sure enough, there's no longer an option to purchase your sub with SC.

Mine was due to expire in July and was debating taking a bit of a break so was holding off buying an annual sub with my stored up SC. Now all that SC I have saved up is useless.

I used to be a recurring sub plat and gold account. I ran into an issue with customer service that put my nose out of joint and decided to sub via SC because it offered more flexibility. Now I can't even do that?

When I think of all the effort I've put in to make this game a better place for players with pay it forward events and other random acts of kindess (like giving away SC card codes to random players, etc.),  well it just strikes me that those efforts to breed goodwill for a game I used to love, really love, for the past 8 years of continual play are wasted.

Guess it's time to go find a real life outside. Perhaps this is a good thing.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #25
Iad

Loremaster

I now have a buttload of SC that I will not use. I'm sure this move was purely based on the fact that they were losing money with this option. Luckily I bought SC during the recent triple bonus weekend and then purchased a 12 month sub during the 50% off sale.

Terrible move, oh well.

Iad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #26
alaplayer

Elder

Is it just me or did they also remove the character trasfer tokens?

Old 06-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #27
Onurissa

Lord

alaplayer wrote:

Is it just me or did they also remove the character trasfer tokens?

That is still there, maybe you cant see it cause of acct length or if your non-reccuring?

Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #28
alaplayer

Elder

Well im not sure. I was on a recurring sub, I didn't have enough SC last weekend to get a 1 yr sub on my main account I had some leftovers from the double and the latest triple but I bought 2 6 months (I was like 300 shy of the 1 yr). So so much for their rebate foolishness making people go buy a card. I just spent a little extra (still got a deal)

My CC should still be on file I didn't remove it, don't know don't care to go look it is one I load as needed.

The tokens were under services IIRC am I wrong there?

I've been able to see them up until just now when I bought the 2x 6 months non recurring the tokens were still there, though I didn't log and check again. I've subbed since '05 this is a box account that I setup in March.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #29
Onurissa

Lord

alaplayer wrote:

Well im not sure. I was on a recurring sub, I didn't have enough SC last weekend to get a 1 yr sub on my main account I had some leftovers from the double and the latest triple but I bought 2 6 months (I was like 300 shy of the 1 yr). So so much for their rebate foolishness making people go buy a card. I just spent a little extra (still got a deal)

My CC should still be on file I didn't remove it, don't know don't care to go look it is one I load as needed.

The tokens were under services IIRC am I wrong there?

Yes under service, if you paid for acct with SC they probably have you listed as Non-recurring and thats why you cant see them.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #30
onecrazysummer

Loremaster

TIME TO GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!! LETS BURN THESE FORUMS DOWN!! BRING BACK THE MEMBERSHIP ON MARKETPLACE FOR SC.. TO ARMS MY BROTHERS.. LETS BURN THESE FORUMS DOWN!!!!!