EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Riversideblues

Loremaster

I know that different devs made the different epics, considering groups of epics were around the same difficulty and length.Now why is it that the coercer epic, which has a power group proc, took 6 hours to finish apon release and the illusionist epic took 4 days, requires 2 of the biggest old world HQ camps, a trip to the very very bottom of Chardok, and spending over 3p on furniture (a step which is bugged and many have to do twice) get a lesser power proc.6 hours in comparison to a very very difficult 80+where does the symbol go <, >, =????Every class is happy with their epics aside from enchanters, maybe it's time to rethink what affects they get based on how difficult they are.  But I know no dev will read this because after patching something on friday that broke tons of mob respawn so most people can't do their epics, they just left it up and never even reset the server : However, I'm very glad many people are enjoying their epics

Illusionist EPIC??, thanks for being 100% out of touch with the players.
Riversideblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Gutwren

General

What makes you think every class is happy?My Fury isn't... the proc rate needs to be increased and it needs some +crit on it... and the heal effect off it needs to crit if the spell you nuke with crits.
Gutwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
Riversideblues

Loremaster

Gutwrench wrote:
What makes you think every class is happy?My Fury isn't... the proc rate needs to be increased and it needs some +crit on it... and the heal effect off it needs to crit if the spell you nuke with crits.
Maybe the fact that I would trade their affect for ours, that's how bad it is

Old 02-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
Faheuc

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Every class is happy with their epics aside from enchanters,
HAHAHA, go visit the dirge forums at the least
Faheuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
Riversideblues

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Your quest may not be easy but that affect is actually very good

Old 02-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
bryldan

Loremaster

I am not thrilled with the troub epic considering it is slashing.......
bryldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
Gutwren

General

[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
*in your opinion
Gutwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #8
Cadori Seraphim

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
2 people have stated being unhappy.. yet instead of seeing that they are unhappy you are trying to tell them the epic is good.Fact is, you are wrong in saying everyone is happy with their epics and are somehow trying to justify your comment by telling people how good their epics are *in your opinion*.. as if what you say is right and they are wrong.There are issues that people are upset with, but what people are also not getting is these epics we are seeing right off are the group versions.. and NOT the final raid epic. Which will make the epic.. well .. more *EPIC*.I personally think people are getting their panties in a wad over minor things, but to each their own.
Cadori Seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:17 PM   #9
Riversideblues

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
2 people have stated being unhappy.. yet instead of seeing that they are unhappy you are trying to tell them the epic is good.Fact is, you are wrong in saying everyone is happy with their epics and are somehow trying to justify your comment by telling people how good their epics are *in your opinion*.. as if what you say is right and they are wrong.There are issues that people are upset with, but what people are also not getting is these epics we are seeing right off are the group versions.. and NOT the final raid epic. Which will make the epic.. well .. more *EPIC*.I personally think people are getting their panties in a wad over minor things, but to each their own.
No, becuase even if it was a small damage proc or smaller utility I would be sort of okay with it, maybe you haven't looked at how bad the Illusionist one is but it's a weaker affect that I could get for one aa point. And in comparison troubs and dirges aren't AS bad considering any illus would trade our affect for one of theirs in a heartbeat.I'd like to see how you would react if Grizzfazzles dagger was better than your epic sword

Old 02-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #10
Xalibur

Loremaster

illusionist epic reward is a complete joke.

my current weapon out of the maidens quest is BETTER (yeah its a 2h but STILL HAS BETTER STATS - compared to doubled stats of the epic! -and usefull procs (damage))

Xalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #11
Seolta

Loremaster

The disturbing part for me is the imbalance of difficulty in the various quests.

This should have been REALLY scrutinized before the live push.

It's pretty obvious some classes got a major easy button and others got the shaft.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #12
Faheuc

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
If you bards want to keep complaining, imagine if your epic effect was something worse than you get for your first aa point, what if you effect was increase all the HO damage by 25%!!! Until you get slapped like we have, be semi happy with what you get.

I never said yours was good. All I meant was your statement that all other classes are happy with their epic weapons is false. Nor did i say that relatively speaking, ours makes yours look good. Just because you really hate yours doesnt make ours any better.

I agree that they did not seem to take into accout suggestions that were offered by the players, in the dirge I think pretty much anyone reading the class forums here or on eq2flames would have come up with a different weapon.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #13
Rinweth

Loremaster

Hold on a second, am I hearing this alright? People are already completing the epic? I just saw the announcement for it just two days ago!
Old 02-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #14
Faheuc

Loremaster

Rinweth wrote:
Hold on a second, am I hearing this alright? People are already completing the epic? I just saw the announcement for it just two days ago!
The heroic version, yes. Havent heard of anyone finishing the raid version. In my opinion its short (was hoping for something more claymore-like in length) but thats a topic for another thread.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #15
Slackerx

Loremaster

I think the OP overstated the fact that everyone other then illusionst are happy with there epic.. i think he said that in the heat of the moment (being so disapointed in our epics)

I think a more acurate way of stating this is....Illusionst are the one Class where the ENTIER PLAYER BACE HATES THERE EPIC and thinks they are comeplet TRASH..i mean COME ON MY Soul Fire Reward is better then the epic .. and Grizzelfan is BETTER and it comes from a LVL 60ish Quest !!! and there are many many other weapons that an illusionst can get from quest or instance that are better and take and hour or 2 to get..(/sigh.. very disapointed)

I digress.. i think the op was trying to get the point across that the work/risk vs reward for the illusionst epic is totaly screwed up and he did not mean to belittle any other class

Dulamar

80 illusionst

Lucan

Slackerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #16
aureliel

Loremaster

The big problem with the illusionist epic is the proc. It give 150 mana by spell.Tell me how many time you are oom in a group fight ???tell me how many raid you wipe because you are oom ???and if there is a mana drain, the 150 mana won't help you.Let's say it's ok and we keep the effet.  But  why some class have 2 proc and some other 1 ?  When i see the mage epic, they have a dd on their proc  plus an increase critical for all the group.  And that's not the only one.If we watch all raid, the most important is the DPS.  And this epic give us 0 dps.  You can think what you want but in eq2, the illusionist is a high DPS class and our secondary role is support.The solution to make the epic usable is to add a DD like there are on all good weapons (prismatic 1 ->soulfire staff)(since we can't  swap weapon in a fight, the proc mana is even more useless.  At the start of a fight you need dps, at the end you maybe need mana.  Let us at least swap weapon during a fight.  you can do it in a real fight, why not in eq2 ?).  Aureliel, illusionist 80.
aureliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #17
Impulse
Server: Guk
Guild: Keepers of the Realm

Loremaster

Yeah ide have to go with what some other people are saying. if you wanna stick us with a junk mana proc atleast give us a 2ed proc to the weapon to help our dps out some. But as it stands right now its junk, sony needs to rethink this pos and some some love for the illus.
Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #18
yomazaho

Loremaster

Our "epic" weapon is so horribly disappointing. I wouldn't wear it even w/ the fact it is a group proc.We get one effect to everyone else's two (conjuror's get three) and power regen is such a non-factor in groups. In raids I have had to ask our healer to take off their belt which procs power to group members as it was pushing me over the 30% mana for VM. Then you go ahead and give us an item that would do the same thing. To top it off we would have to give up the DPS from our current weapons.
yomazaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:03 AM   #19
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Just curious, is this the "heroic" version of the epic weapon Illusionists are not happy with, or is it the fully charged final/raid version that is [Removed for Content]?

Old 02-10-2008, 02:15 AM   #20
chobitz

Lord

Have you seen the mystic epic? its a club..not a spear. How many mystics uses clubs vs those who use spears?
chobitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:17 AM   #21
Ozu

General

I know ALOT of dirges that hasn't got the starter yet, so pls cry some more.
Ozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:06 AM   #22
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

yomazaho wrote:
Our "epic" weapon is so horribly disappointing. I wouldn't wear it even w/ the fact it is a group proc.We get one effect to everyone else's two (conjuror's get three) and power regen is such a non-factor in groups. In raids I have had to ask our healer to take off their belt which procs power to group members as it was pushing me over the 30% mana for VM. Then you go ahead and give us an item that would do the same thing. To top it off we would have to give up the DPS from our current weapons.
um, every epic I'm looking at gets 1 effect. conjurer get 1 effect. it's called Inferno. it is a DoT that boost critical hits, that lasts for 12 seconds.Now let me get this straight. Illys and coercers got a power regen proc. you use your spells, you get a boost in power for you/your group. you don't like it, because you wanted a dps jump, and going above a certain point in your mana pool lowers your dps. you do realize that you are not a primary dps class. you are a support class. your function is to provide power regens/hate/haste/dps buffs to others, and crowd control. your DPS is supposed to be second to that. heaven forbid they actually took that into account making your epic weaponI'm not going to say that it's not messed up or a weak weapon or whatnot. I'm just saying that an enchanter isn't usually grabbed for thier dps. they are grabbed for thier buffs/mezzing ability.that's like me being a paladin expecting to get groups as a secondary/backup healer. sure I can do the job, and do it well. but I am a tank. that is my primary function, and that is what I expect my epic to help with. one of your major support roles is power regen. your epic procs a group power boost. I don't see the part where 'the devs must not know our class'. just because you choose to put DPS before support, doesn't mean the devs think that DPS should be the big thing for you.
Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:16 AM   #23
Faheuc

Loremaster

Trinral wrote:

Just curious, is this the "heroic" version of the epic weapon Illusionists are not happy with, or is it the fully charged final/raid version that is [Removed for Content]?

to my knowledge no final/raid version has been discovered yet. so its just heroic versions for now
Old 02-10-2008, 03:37 AM   #24
Riversideblues

Loremaster

Slackerx wrote:

I think a more acurate way of stating this is....Illusionst are the one Class where the ENTIER PLAYER BACE HATES THERE EPIC and thinks they are comeplet TRASH..i mean COME ON MY Soul Fire Reward is better then the epic .. and Grizzelfan is BETTER and it comes from a LVL 60ish Quest !!! and there are many many other weapons that an illusionst can get from quest or instance that are better and take and hour or 2 to get..(/sigh.. very disapointed)

I digress.. i think the op was trying to get the point across that the work/risk vs reward for the illusionst epic is totaly screwed up and he did not mean to belittle any other class

Dulamar

80 illusionst

Lucan

thanks for saying what i wanted to say better than i could SMILEY

Old 02-10-2008, 03:58 AM   #25
Ryk

General

Junk, complete junk, who ever designed this is a complete [Removed for Content] when it comes to an illusionist.  I dont even use crystal gifts anymore let alone any power proc gear. 

The thing that is more disapoiting then the epic is who ever designed this weapon probably thought they did a good job...    what else do they have in store for us?   another spell like Doppleganger...  worthless again

you guys are blowing it hard

Ryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:38 AM   #26
Stinky123

Loremaster

Rykal wrote:

Junk, complete junk, who ever designed this is a complete [Removed for Content] when it comes to an illusionist.  I dont even use crystal gifts anymore let alone any power proc gear. 

The thing that is more disapoiting then the epic is who ever designed this weapon probably thought they did a good job...    what else do they have in store for us?   another spell like Doppleganger...  worthless again

you guys are blowing it hard

I agree, in fact I am very close to canceling all of my accounts, sure I have other toons of other classes, but my illusy is my main and basically his epic is complete junk.  Like I said in another post, i figured the "heroic" version may not be as good as WoCP considering thats pretty hard to top, but i mean COME ON, grizzlefazzles is WAY better then this pos and I could get that in 30 mins over a year+ ago.
Stinky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:47 AM   #27
PaganSaint

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
The dirge epic is fine.The problem is the 4.0 is everything, the be all and end all of everything mentality the sheep which the majority of dirges are live and breathe.The only "down" side to the weapon is the spell crit instead of a more melee centric effect.The proc is the best melee proc outside of the Resplendent Robe of Battle's. The delay is actually a better DPS delay, but much harder to pair up with a same delay weapon than the stock 4.0, which is going to be argued by the same 4.0 crowd who forgets the best DPS pair of weapons in EoF was 3.0, CCM and EPoEM, yet another hard to pair delay set, the ratio's on the weapons were comparable to 4.0s but were faster.Ratio of min:max is what is important, not the delay. 4.0 is actually too slow for a non heavy haste self buffing class to use effectively DW compared to equal to slightly lesser min:max ratio fast weapons.But hey, thats just math, parsing and common sense talking.Carry on with the boo'ing and hissing.
PaganSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #28
Cadori Seraphim

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
No, becuase even if it was a small damage proc or smaller utility I would be sort of okay with it, maybe you haven't looked at how bad the Illusionist one is but it's a weaker affect that I could get for one aa point. And in comparison troubs and dirges aren't AS bad considering any illus would trade our affect for one of theirs in a heartbeat.I'd like to see how you would react if Grizzfazzles dagger was better than your epic sword
And people like you keep forgetting that we are even lucky to have GROUPABLE versions of our epics.
Cadori Seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #29
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Trinral wrote:

to my knowledge no final/raid version has been discovered yet. so its just heroic versions for now
Saw the MYTHICAL Wrath of Nature today for Fury's which is the raided version. Pretty darn nice item if you ask me...
Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:34 AM   #30
Melli

Loremaster

I agree the illusionist proc is off base - and without a damage proc, it isn't going to be used since so much of the damage an illusionist does is based off proc and there's some good ones for that weapon slot.Of course, along the same lines, warden epic got *drum roll please* one single effect, a power proc.  And to add insult to injury, the melee stats on it are horrid.  At least it doesn't proc on spell damage - I'd have to slit my wrists =PDid the folks that put these together know about the classes?  The only time my illusionist runs out of power is if she runs it out herself.  The only time my warden runs out of power is when everyone else has been out of power for some time and Im the last healer standing (so to speak).  Honestly, a second effect to both weapons is warranted.  There may be others out there that need to be tweaked (I don't know/play those classes enough to speak for them) but these two are definitely subpar.Blessings.
Melli is offline   Reply With Quote