EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Illusionist
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Slackerx

Loremaster

Now that our epic is out there i figured it is time to give some feedback on what the Illusionst Comunity thinks about the Epic wep

Here are my thoughts:

I saw a link to our epic and all i can say is i could not be more disapointed in the non-raid version.. The proc on the item is a power proc witch is not needed (I never run out of poower unless i sprint myself to 0).. when the dervs were disguessing the epics during developement they said the weaps would be designed to enhance the skills of the class..Illusionst are Dps/Suport (as you all know) and this weap does not benifist either of those rolls.. there are many other weaps already in the game that are much better for dps/suport situations in the game. This weap is not even close to the END ALL BE ALL for illusionst that it was billed out to be.  The only reason i am continuing the quest is to 1. wear it in the harbor (does look real cool  nice job there) 2. in the hopes that the raid version adds a Dmg proc or something that would make it better then the soulfire staff i am useing now(t7 [Removed for Content] this epic isnt ever better then t7!!)

Slackerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
Althena

Loremaster

Its crap, absolute crap, without a damage proc on it most illusionist will never use it considering all our damage comes from procs....Oon top of that, hello why the heck do we need mana? I mean come on, further illustrates that devs have no clue - or simply do not play illusionist....I got about 26 disco's for this stoopid thing on my server and only need 2 masks and now, frankly, don't think i'm even gonna bother finishing it.When you can get a better weapon doing a quest to run thru maidens chamber (takes about hour , hour and a half) it tells you this epic is crap.
Althena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
Jeger_Wulf

Loremaster

Bummer! I hate it.

Jeger Wulf 80 Troubadour, Najena

Foster Suncaller 7x Warlock, Najena
Jeger_Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #4
TwistedFaith

Loremaster

Crap item, designed by someone who doesnt have a clue have illusionist work.
TwistedFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
Xalibur

Loremaster

it just sucks ! my current weapon is better (stats and effects..)

just really sad ...

Xalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
Safta

Loremaster

Worst reward i ever seen.
Safta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
Riversideblues

Loremaster

i posted this on the general forums:http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=406809Our epic is such bull. It's worse than items you get from Protector's Realm. Hell, it's worse than items you get out of LEVEL SIXTY DEN OF THE DEVOURER QUESTThanks for giving us one of the hardest and longest quests and giving us THE worst item.

Illusionist EPIC??, thanks for being 100% out of touch with the players.
Riversideblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
Aetheryn
Server: Najena
Guild: Second Dawn

Loremaster

I saw our epic linked in the ww illy channel today...what a POS. On top of that I am unable to even finish the quest due to Twocan and the goblin witchdoctor being bugged and MIA. Sadly, I can't say I'm surprised with the way things turned out. Hotfixe that break as much as they fix. and poor itemization that is out of touch with what the classes really need. Some things never change.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
Riversideblues

Loremaster

Dev's play SK and assassin pretty heavily, it's no surprise that the classes with good affects are the ones that devs playThis affect is like 100 times worse than manaflow, which requires 1 AA point. wow, would you give rogues another chance to steal money?????This is complete bull

Old 02-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #10
Dem

Loremaster

I'll also like to add that the Warlock epic weapon kicks butt. Is it so difficult to give us something like that? I'm very dissapointed in this so called EPIC weapon for Illusionists.
Dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
Peebo

Loremaster

What a dissapointment and a half :/ im trying to get rid of power using sprint in most fights the last thing i need is more power. wtb a damage proc
Old 02-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #12
KoV

General

WOW, This is a joke. Nice one SOE. Next time have someone who knows about the illusionist class make the weapon.
KoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #13
Dem

Loremaster

I got a question, why is this weapon considered FABLED? By far the worst dissappointment in a class epic weapon.
Dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #14
Riversideblues

Loremaster

Whoever did the conj epic please re-designed ours and remake it, I have faith in your amazing work

Old 02-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #15
Slackerx

Loremaster

Great lets keep the post coming with the hopes that someone in soe will get the message..

Remember Be honest and try to keep it sivel so soe will take these post serious

dulamar

80 Illusionst

Lucan

Slackerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #16
Olinlore

Loremaster

The makers of the game are really taking the **** with this , I can only equate it to giving toilet paper to a baby in a nappy !!!
Olinlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #17
Xalibur

Loremaster

I would not use my level 80 epic if it was given to me at level 70. Illusionist EPIC??, thanks for being 100% out of touch with the players.

I will add this to my signature SMILEY

Old 02-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #18
Kitra

Loremaster

I rarely post, more an observer, but this warrants EVERY Illusionist on every server to speak out - try to relay feelings toward this travesty that Sony calls our EPIC Weapon.  I could not wait to get it, I was there when epics were released in EQ1 and now in EQ2.  Questing, killing, orchestrating groups and raids to achieve a prize unlike anything else in the game.  I mean it is EPIC.  (or at least supposed to be).  As I saw links to many other classes new EPICS I only got more excited to see mine.  Until that is, I actually did see it.  as posted earlier, the Conj epic is truly a sight to behold and whoever designed it, put thought and heart into it, i was and am still impressed with it.  OURS?  looks like a T6 Wand.  and the Effect?  THIS IS SAD, TRULY SAD.  Sony, I dont usually get involved in the PLEASE change it discussions - you cant make everyone happy with everything you do, but take a look at what you have given us - I have not heard of a single Illusionist that would be happy with this reward.  I cannot stress enough that you call this EPIC.

Completely disheartened at this point.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #19
LivelyHound

Loremaster

Well finally saw it logging on today in the WW chat and having seen the coercer one a while back I had figured they would give us a power proc of some sort to. Wasn't wrong. Can't believe the proc though... utter rubbish. Not even power to the group like coercers... like we needed power anyway =( No extra effect like the coercer one, whats that all about (p.s. whats the activatable effect do for coercers, i figure its a limited time pet summon, but havnt found out for sure yet)Furthermore, I got rid of every power proc item I had months ago, same with +mana regen, because it's hard enough keeping VM going with all the extra power. Now they give us more. I havn't had a group run out of power or run out of power myself since rok came out, and this is the EPIC weapon for GROUPS, so sure maybe extra power will help in raids so put it on the raid version. I don't know, I dont raid rok yet. But this group version, anything and I mean anything would have been better than a power proc.One other thing, all the other epics I have seen the graphic has a moving part. Why's ours static? It's a small thing but I was looking forward to having a weapon that looked cool with moving parts ;SSo all in all...This is an EPIC weapon...It is EPICALLY TERRIBLE.Very, very disappointed.
LivelyHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #20
xfbishop

Loremaster

same deal here, cant complete due to non-spawning mobs, so out of boredom while camping i looked up the reward on lootdb(nagafen=no ww channels) and was completely amazed by how crappy it was, when i finally finish it ill prolly check it out cause the damage spread looks like it could do well(str spec) but in the end ill probably stick with carotid...

Old 02-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #21
Aeralik

Developer

The wording on the proc is a bit confusing but that is a group power proc.  When you trigger the proc it puts a buff on each member of the group.  Each member then has their own temp buff with 2 triggers for power.  You guys might not have power issues but it will definitely help out your groupmates im sure which is a major role of the illusionist.
Aeralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #22
Xalibur

Loremaster

still unwanted feature. i can support my group well enough with power

would only be usefull with mobs that mana sieve on a group setting and thats RARE...

in 99% of all fights this will be just one thing: USELESS!

Old 02-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #23
Impulse
Server: Guk
Guild: Keepers of the Realm

Loremaster

Aeralik wrote:
The wording on the proc is a bit confusing but that is a group power proc.  When you trigger the proc it puts a buff on each member of the group.  Each member then has their own temp buff with 2 triggers for power.  You guys might not have power issues but it will definitely help out your groupmates im sure which is a major role of the illusionist.

Pfff ask any member of my raid group if i let them have any kind of power problem then you can open your mouth.

Anyways its a total let down to work your butt off for something get half way there then see what u just wasted 2 days on. i know its just the first step of it but some on sony you got illus bent over with no lube on this one.

Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #24
x0rtrun

General

I don't think anyone has power issues with an illusionist in group as it is. Now rather than being at 90% power at all times we'll be at 95%. Win.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #25
docpaulp

General

Aeralik wrote:
When will you guy learn that writing a proc description is not rocket science, yet you have the most confusing and misleading discriptions?Just spend a few buck and hire a linguist, english professor or whatever to pull your poor item tag designer out of the misery that he/she is in for 3 years now.Also, it looks like you really don't know how raids work or even this class. There is NO encounter in RoK that would make me want to feed the whole grp even more power, and even if it existed and and i forgot about it, i'm pretty sure that the abundance of grp power procs, placed in MUCH less important slot like our mainhand weapon, will do just as good. But lets just assume that there is such an encounter, i can feed my group for 1 whole encounter, whohoo, thats what i supposedly quested 4 days, to be able to feed on occasions that i haven't met before.And i really hope that you will not "balance" this issue by nerfing evry other grp proc gear . However, after the complete mess that you made since RoK launch, and keeps getting worse with every week that passes (procs broken, raid encounters impossible,missing quest npcs/items etc, splitpaw server down for 15 hours etc , all that in merely 2 days), i'm prepared for everything.
docpaulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #26
BtilTheMage

Loremaster

Aeralik wrote:
And it's still trash, what's that tell you?  Please just redesign it....
BtilTheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #27
Kahna

Loremaster

My group doesn't need more power when I'm in it. Not even in a raid situation. This epic is the "group" version and therefore built for group settings. With group mobs dying so fast anyone with a chanter in the group who took the time to buy and use drink isn't gonna run out of power.I have enough power regen tools to care for my group. Let them get power proccing items if they find they are having trouble with power. Not like there is a shortage of them out there. Don't take up a slot as important as my main hand slot to feed people power. I am not a buff bot.I would use Grizzlefazzles over this item.

I realize it's hard to give illusionists anything nice, because we are such a strong class and you don't want us to be over powered (such as our level 80 spell, which still doesn't do anything 90% of the time) but that's no exscuse for giving us something that no one will even notice the effect of.  This expansion flooded the game with power regen items.

Kahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #28
BtilTheMage

Loremaster

Aeralik wrote:
Gonna say it again for emphasis.  Please give us something else.  This item is really not worth the effort at all and can be replaced with so many other items it's not even funny.  The power proc is not needed in any way, shape, or form.  Please, please, please change it to something more useful.
BtilTheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #29
Aetheryn
Server: Najena
Guild: Second Dawn

Loremaster

Here's an idea, Aeralik. Don't give a class that is forced to stay below 30% power, in order to maintain decent personal DPS, an epic weapon proc that forces their power to rise. There are plenty of other, less significant item slots that can be devoted to this purpose. I understand what we're talking about is the Fabled version, but still.  Unless you'd like to reverse the horrendous auto attack/in combat check change that was implemented a couple of months ago, please change the proc.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #30
Echgar

Forum Moderator

Phew!  SMILEYClearly from some of the posts I have seen here, some of you are just a tiny bit upset.  As a reminder though, feedback on the official forums must be constructive and courteous.  The developers appreciate your feedback, both good as well as bad, but if you are unable to be civil the nice moderators will have to do some not so pleasant things.

|| Forum Rules || TRACKERS: Community || Tech || Dev ||
Echgar is offline   Reply With Quote