EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

ITEMS

Runes of Blasting and Mending will no longer be affected by stats.

Please make this a PVP Change only, this is an item I use in pve for soloing and it will greatly effect gameplay if the change hits live.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
alaplayer

Elder

Well on one hand they never should have worked like that to begin with, OTOH they should not have allowed it to stay like it was as long as they did.

They should at a minimum replace all of those adorns with the materials required to make them and let people choose.

TBQH I really couldn't care less, but I for the life of me do not understand why hey are doing garbage like this, taunting the playerbase. I don't even know how many years they knowingly let this go on and now it is more important than other far more egregious itemization issues.

alaplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
Talathion

Loremaster

alaplayer wrote:

Well on one hand they never should have worked like that to begin with, OTOH they should not have allowed it to stay like it was as long as they did.

They should at a minimum replace all of those adorns with the materials required to make them and let people choose.

TBQH I really couldn't care less, but I for the life of me do not understand why hey are doing garbage like this, taunting the playerbase. I don't even know how many years they knowingly let this go on and now it is more important than other far more egregious itemization issues.

Um... its been that way for years and no they should not refund it, they should double the procs healing/damage.

This helps me solo TSO dungeons, Shard of Hate (some bosses.) and alot of other things, this will greatly effect my gameplay and soloability especially as a tank that revolves around autoattack, this will also decrease survivability to classes in raids.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
alaplayer

Elder

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Um... its been that way for years and no they should not refund it, they should double the procs healing/damage.

Then they can replace them with the 6/3/2/1 it took to make them and you can have yours made again if you choose.

Doubling the healing procs/damage that they do won't even touch what they do now, of course that would be better than nothing, though it would have minimal impact on end game raid survivability.

alaplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
Talathion

Loremaster

This greatly effects gameplay though. (raid/solo/heroic) for alot of players.

PLEASE DON'T LET PVP CHANGES BLEED INTO PVE.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:05 AM   #6
Beko

Loremaster

Please do not change these items...

Beko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #7
Darkmantis
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Replaced

Loremaster

They were broken in PVE as well as PVP *edited*.Use a merc problem solved.Thats like saying all heal procs(or procs in general) should crit again so a class can solo XY&Z zones....

Darkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #8
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

They were broken in PVE as well as PVP *edit*.Use a merc problem solved.Thats like saying all heal procs(or procs in general) should crit again so a class can solo XY&Z zones....

Lol... so they've been "broken" for about 3 years huh?

Old 07-13-2012, 02:32 AM   #9
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

Honestly, I can't believe they lasted this long. I'm just glad I've been maintaining my stockpile of ward proc gear, so I'll still be able to farm epics after this nerf.

Really, this single change will have more of an effect on fighter quality of life than the rest of the update combined.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:03 AM   #10
Talathion

Loremaster

This kind of completely ruins everything for me :/...

PvP ruining PvE strikes again.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:08 AM   #11
Sigmaz01

Loremaster

well this sucks.

Sigmaz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #12
Beko

Loremaster

Sigmaz01 wrote:

well this sucks.

It doesn't critical either, it went from being 12k on live to 1200 on test... LOL... Well I SEE ALOT OF DEAD SCOUTS IN RAIDS NOW.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #13
Talathion

Loremaster

Corydonn wrote:

WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEE

Just from the reaction of the players and seeing what players are posting. This nerf is justified.

This effects alot more people then you realise, and the thing no longer criticals either.

It went from being a 12k healing ability to a 1200 (worthless.) this isn't right at all because several people USED these to stay alive in soloing/grouping/raiding ALL styles of content, changing it now is UNJUSTIFIED and unreasonable, THIS IS worse then removing the 1200 Physical Mitigation.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:27 AM   #14
Talathion

Loremaster

This change is unjustified, change it in pvp only.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #15
Beko

Loremaster

Make it a percent based heal, 25% for Superior Rune of Mending (90), 20% for Superior Rune of Mending (80).

In PvP, make it a 10% Heal (90) and a 7% Heal (80). FIXED.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #16
Boli32

Loremaster

Perhaps you should be looking at the issue as "ahh well they finally caught me CHEATING" instead of requesting it to be changed back.

The fact no other adorns crits but the fabled version did but no-one wanted to submit it as a /bug report says it was a long overdue change. Its not going "OMG completly break the game"; people move on and find the best plat/time; just be glad you got the most out of it now.

The Adorn was never meant to be the be and end all adorn for soloing, where it was FAR suprior to any self healing ability - it just ended up like that as a hang-up from the times when adorns/procs crit.

Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:11 AM   #17
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Perhaps you should be looking at the issue as "ahh well they finally caught me CHEATING" instead of requesting it to be changed back.

The fact no other adorns crits but the fabled version did but no-one wanted to submit it as a /bug report says it was a long overdue change. Its not going "OMG completly break the game"; people move on and find the best plat/time; just be glad you got the most out of it now.

The Adorn was never meant to be the be and end all adorn for soloing, where it was FAR suprior to any self healing ability - it just ended up like that as a hang-up from the times when adorns/procs crit.

Cheating? they have known about it for years, they changed blasting to not critical 2 years ago, THEY knew mending criticalled.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #18
Boli32

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Cheating? they have known about it for years, they changed blasting to not critical 2 years ago, THEY knew mending criticalled.

If you find an exploit, and use it, and do not report it; it is cheating.

Boli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #19
Beko

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

If you find an exploit, and use it, and do not report it; it is cheating.

What was the exploit?

Old 07-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #20
Garnaf

Loremaster

Based on the posts above me, that they exist at all apparently.

I'm of the "Doesn't affect me, I don't care" camp.  But as these were the ONLY procs provided by an item that were affect by stats, I have to say I'm surprised it wasn't changed SOONER.  The fact of the matter is that any player with half a brain had to know this change would be coming down the pipe eventually.

Now it's time to man up and find some other way to solo Shard of Hate or whatever else you were using these for.  May I suggest a Merc?  The Inquisitor does an excelent job at both healing and curing.  Well, ok, an acceptable job of healing, but it's boss at cures.

Again, never used them, doesn't affect me, but I'm an SK, I self heal better than any other fighter. (except MAYBE paladins, that's debatable, my heals are a side effect of DPS, Paladins have to stop doing one to do the other)

Garnaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:38 AM   #21
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Based on the posts above me, that they exist at all apparently.

I'm of the "Doesn't affect me, I don't care" camp.  But as these were the ONLY procs provided by an item that were affect by stats, I have to say I'm surprised it wasn't changed SOONER.  The fact of the matter is that any player with half a brain had to know this change would be coming down the pipe eventually.

Now it's time to man up and find some other way to solo Shard of Hate or whatever else you were using these for.  May I suggest a Merc?  The Inquisitor does an excelent job at both healing and curing.  Well, ok, an acceptable job of healing, but it's boss at cures.

Again, never used them, doesn't affect me, but I'm an SK, I self heal better than any other fighter. (except MAYBE paladins, that's debatable, my heals are a side effect of DPS, Paladins have to stop doing one to do the other)

They havent been messed with in years... why now?

I say change them to being percent based instead, and then nerf the percent in PVP combat.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #22
Garnaf

Loremaster

Because they decided to make YOUR life specifically just a little bit harder?  I dunno, whenever there's a change I dislike I find it comforting to think that it's because SOE decided *I* specifically was too boss and that everyone else is collateral damage.  It's never true mind you, but its comforting.

More likely its just that someone finally noticed "oh, hey, these are still running on legacy code and it's TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO on my "To Do" list.  Maybe I should, ya know, fix that."  Wish I knew what to say to appease you, but based on the sheer AMOUNT of complaining you do on these forums I'm gonna go with this old gem.  If you don't like the changes, you don't have to keep playing.

Garnaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #23
Irgun

Loremaster

Drop Mending runes -> get more critbonus -> more overall damage -> target dies faster -> shorter fight -> less hits incoming -> less heal needed /win

Irgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #24
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Drop Mending runes -> get more critbonus -> more overall damage -> target dies faster -> shorter fight -> less hits incoming -> less heal needed /win

While 6% crit bonus is nice, it's not really in the same league as ~2k incoming HPS.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #25
kalaria

Loremaster

These should of been changed AGES ago.

Ps.Gotta love Tuor swapping accounts to have discussions with himself! heh.

kalaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #26
Talathion

Loremaster

I love the loss of 12k HPS and 12k Threat per second! WEE!!!!

I hope I get something to compensate for it! (lulzno! Blood Rage is the weakest heal in the game still!)

I can't wait for everyone who doesn't read the forum log in to this trash, and I also can't wait to see everyone dieing to recklessness because they can't heal fast enough.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #27
Talathion

Loremaster

The Loss of HPS/Threat will be devastating for my class, since most everyone I know uses it... grats on PvP nerfs.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #28
Yimway

Loremaster

This is a long overdue fix and about time really.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #29
Beko

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

This is a long overdue fix and about time really.

LOL...

The upgrades to healing abilities DO NOT make up for this...

Also, some classes are terrible now because of this change.

Lets Nerf Casual Players/Soloers/HM Heroic Players/EM Raiders...

Old 07-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #30
Kapath

Lord

DO NOT PUT THIS IN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!