EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Meirril

Loremaster

I'm just going to say the obvious: making a decoration out of the top teir reactant is a waste of 800p. Instead of getting a very nice t9 item you get a decoration that stays on 100% of the time instead of 30%. Seriously, that is worth a colossal reactant?

Instead replace the current components with 1 of each of the lesser versions. That will still keep the major essences very rare since you don't see too many greater essences. Pages of lesser essences on the broker, lots of moderate essences, but you hardly ever see major essences. I think this would be a reasonalbe replacement for the colossal reactant and change these recipes from a complete waste of time to research to something people would consider doing before they research everything else.

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
Katz

Loremaster

I haven't made any of the decorative items with a reactant.  Has anyone done that?

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
Spyrit
Server: Najena
Guild: Aurora Noctum

Loremaster

I have 14 Apprentices and have not done 1 of them yet, I just skip them and move down to the next tier.

Total waste of time.

And 800P, that's cheap. They sell all day for over 1000P on Unrest.

Spyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:53 AM   #4
Zahk
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Liquid

Loremaster

It's not even the major essences for the recipes, it's just the greater ones, which you can buy with dungeon marks.

Should change it to use a t8 reactant or something instead.

Zahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

I've not even bothered to research them, wish I could hide them from my list.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
Katz

Loremaster

I do agree these should be changed.  The recipe is for a decorative effect.   No one is going to waste a reactant on that.   Change it to something economical.   What is the use in having something that will never (or at best, rarely) be used.   Reactants are rare and those recipes are for fluff.  

Much like haveing the reactant for food and drink, the logical consequences weren't taken into account.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
Deveryn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fourth Wall

Loremaster

I'm not researching it either. I doubt anyone has and I don't see many people using reactants for decorations until the price goes down below 100p.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:13 AM   #8
Calthine

ZAM EQII

I imagine when all the recipes are learned and the rarity dies down those might sell.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #9
ratbast

Loremaster

ive speculated that these cosmetic adorns actually provide a proc. its the only thing that makes any sense. someone plz blow a colossal testing this. i have 2 of these researched, working on more.
ratbast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
Dessellion4

Loremaster

I don't understand most of the comments here. Sure a lot of the recipes are useless and wouldn't be something I'd waste a reactant on.  However, since I will run out of other recipes to make sooner or later I will want to at least research these greater things because that gives me more chances to luck another colossal reactant.  You might think that having lucked 7 to date I'm being greedy.  Well I am

Otherwise my apprentices are going to be sitting around doing nothing until they add, if they do, more recipes to the list.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
MrWolfie

Loremaster

IF the greater essences provided a proc that would make the cost of the ingredients more sensible. I'm not sure they do though. Without some other benefit, I'm afraid the requirement for a REACTANT is not one that is ever likely to be used.

Also, I would like to see all the other tiers get essence recipes, or maybe every other tier (whatever fits with the different levels of essences available), so we can craft all the other versions of essences.

Without a proc, or some other benefit beyond a visual, I'd suggest the main ingredient be reduced to either rares or a number of powders (the ones that are usually used for potions and poisons).

Old 02-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
Katz

Loremaster

Yeah, it would be cool if all levels of the essenses were represented.   At some lower level have minor, then later major, then greater.  (or ever how the progression on those goes).

Old 02-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #13
Senya

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I don't understand most of the comments here. Sure a lot of the recipes are useless and wouldn't be something I'd waste a reactant on.  However, since I will run out of other recipes to make sooner or later I will want to at least research these greater things because that gives me more chances to luck another colossal reactant.  You might think that having lucked 7 to date I'm being greedy.  Well I am

Otherwise my apprentices are going to be sitting around doing nothing until they add, if they do, more recipes to the list.

If I recall correctly, you can do the quest to help out your apprentice whether you are researching anything or not  It shaves off 4 hours if you are researching something, but otherwise it's just a daily quest and shot at a Colossal.  

I would love to see the reactant as a component removed from these recipes.  A regular T9 rare instead of a Colossal would be fine as a primary component (in my opinion), but right now these recipes are useless (in my opinion).

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
Deveryn

Loremaster

ratbastard wrote:

ive speculated that these cosmetic adorns actually provide a proc. its the only thing that makes any sense. someone plz blow a colossal testing this. i have 2 of these researched, working on more.

They never said they would provide a proc. They're simply decoration. If they had a proc, you would see it in the examine window. It might make sense, but since when did these recipes make much sense? There was the odd distribution of recipes and you had the stat food start off with a reactant cost. I think we only need to speak up a little more to get them to realize people aren't going to be using colossal reactants for simple decorations.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #15
Zahk
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Liquid

Loremaster

They do not have procs, you can examine the finished product from the researcher... OR you can go to the marketplace, select Dungeon Maker, Decorations - and there you go... all of the ones you can research are available for 250 dungeon marks, no research or reactant needed.

Zahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
Meirril

Loremaster

ratbastard wrote:

Where do you get these ideas? The recipe produces exactly what the recipe says it produces. The decoration does exactly what the decoration says it does.

I checked the broker on AB while I was doing research. There were 4 of the crafted fire essences up for about 700p and more. I'm perty sure all 4 were crafted in the hope that they would get the disco and quickly offered to the broker in an attempt to get some plat out of the attempt.

The funny thing is the greater essence was being offered for almost as much as the major. Considering the difference between the two effects (you can see them in the dressing room) the major essence might be worth double the cost. But I suspect nobody was going to pay 300p for a greater essence either, especially since a lesser essence had almost the exact same effect and went for less than 10p.

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 AM   #17
Besual

Loremaster

SOE should change the reactant to a T9 rare (or two or three). Should solve the problem.

Brigant 90 / Alchemist 90
Coercer 90 / Sage 90
Besual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #18
Gwyrdd
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Rift Penumbra

Lord

Besual wrote:

SOE should change the reactant to a T9 rare (or two or three). Should solve the problem.

And/or add a proc as mentioned up-thread to the crafted decorations only. SMILEY Sounds fun!

~~~Primary Gwyrdd Gwgoedwig~~~

Diplomatic liaison of the Gorowyn Council to the court of Neriak.

Gwyrdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
Deveryn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

They do not have procs, you can examine the finished product from the researcher... OR you can go to the marketplace, select Dungeon Maker, Decorations - and there you go... all of the ones you can research are available for 250 dungeon marks, no research or reactant needed.

I checked the marketplace. They're "Great" vs. "Greater" on the researcher. Of course, they look the same to me. Why do we even have these recipes on the apprentice? Just remove them. Forget procs and other nonsense. No one needs to waste 15 days on this garbage.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #20
Neskonlith

Loremaster

Why not hook this idea back up with existing tradeskills?

Instead of a CR being required for the decorative fluff, why not adjust it to require adorning ingredients?

ie: 

lesser = fragments

moderate = powders

greater = infusion

major = mana

This way, an existing tradeskill gets reinforced with additional recipes and becomes more useful to gameplay!

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #21
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

Neskonlith wrote:

Why not hook this idea back up with existing tradeskills?

Instead of a CR being required for the decorative fluff, why not adjust it to require adorning ingredients?

ie: 

lesser = fragments

moderate = powders

greater = infusion

major = mana

This way, an existing tradeskill gets reinforced with additional recipes and becomes more useful to gameplay!

No, I'd rather it be rares.  There's already enough of a demand for adorning components and adornments; we don't need to add to that market.  Rares, however, have been languishing and need something to do.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #22
Katz

Loremaster

I would agree with rares.   Have each essence use a different rare type.  

Old 02-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #23
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

Katz wrote:

That sounds like a plan.  I know, although I'm currently researching the recipes on my 90's right now, there's no way I'd use a colossal on something like this.  I've gotten 2 since December, and I've already got the third earmarked for my next piece of gear.  

Keeping the reactants as part of this recipe benefits nobody.  Not the crafters, and not the people who might be potential customers.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #24
Finora

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Katz wrote:

That sounds like a plan.  I know, although I'm currently researching the recipes on my 90's right now, there's no way I'd use a colossal on something like this.  I've gotten 2 since December, and I've already got the third earmarked for my next piece of gear.  

Keeping the reactants as part of this recipe benefits nobody.  Not the crafters, and not the people who might be potential customers.

*nod* I've got quite a few crafters who could be researching these, but won't bother as long as they use colossals. No ones going to blow a colossal for that. And there's another thread pointing out how rares have little purpose in today's eq2, particularly the t9 ones.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #25
Katz

Loremaster

Ok, we have a plan.  Now let's hunt down whoever is in charge of tradeskilling and give them cookies. 

Old 02-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #26
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

I agree with the plan.

*goes away to craft a tradeskill-dev-tracking scroll*

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #27
Omougi

Developer

This was something I meant to review and adjust.  Thanks for bringing it up! SMILEY

Toxnettle Roots will be used instead of Colossal Reactants in these recipes as soon as we can get this change live.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #28
Mysstie
Server: Oasis
Guild: Elysian Storm

Loremaster

Omougi wrote:

This was something I meant to review and adjust.  Thanks for bringing it up!

Toxnettle Roots will be used instead of Colossal Reactants in these recipes as soon as we can get this change live.

Cool! I've actually researched a couple of these recipes as I ran out of 90th level equipment recipes to research but I'd never use a reactant myself to make one. SMILEY

Old 03-02-2012, 12:17 AM   #29
Finora

Tester

Omougi wrote:

Well that's great news =) now if only there were more uses for some of the other rares SMILEY

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #30
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

Omougi wrote:

Thank you!

Now if we could just add essences to non-Legendary gear so we actually have these affects on some of our appearance weapons...

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote