EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
swerve126

Loremaster
swerve126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24
Default

OK I'm confused and I hope a dev can respond to this as I am a loyal EQ2 player since launch and I have 2 accounts.  I also played eq for years....

Why are you still pushing this tunda map?  No one seems to like it and no one can begin to guess why you are spamming it on the ques.  I play T4 mostly and noticed that tundra, which ques before ganak which requires less people.  So on  7 vs 7 or 8 vs 8 why is it that ganak does not que over tundra? We still have only 2 choices to que most of the time.  Klak and tundra..   

Please do us a favor and take tundra out of the game....you have failed....it is ok....try again but stop trying to make this something that it's not....

PLEASE TAKE TUNDRA OUT SO WE CAN GET BACK TO GANAK AND DEN!!!!!!!

If I'm wrong and do not speak for the majority please forgive this post.

Also why was shadows treeaas taken away?  If someone want to stay 39 for the entire duration of the game why does that matter to you?  Are we killing all the lvl 90 players?? IM just trying to understand..

Thank You,

loyal eq and eq2 customer.

swerve126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
GCP

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 51
Default

Here's an idea: Don't select it.
GCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
swerve126

Loremaster
swerve126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24
Default

I agree wih ya and i dont..the only problem is, I would have to sit out because of the population. not enough players to run tundra and another map.  So when i decline it, it also bugs the que for t4... and bc most people just que all, tundra comes up first.  and then everyone is in the zone yelling how much it suks lol...anyways

Anyways thanks for proving my point....why is soe forcing this map on players....you either have to play the map or sit out and not play....

but thanks for stating he obvious einstein

swerve126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:05 AM   #4
Souse
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 103
Default

[email protected] wrote:

OK I'm confused and I hope a dev can respond to this as I am a loyal EQ2 player since launch and I have 2 accounts.  I also played eq for years....

Why are you still pushing this tunda map?  No one seems to like it and no one can begin to guess why you are spamming it on the ques.  I play T4 mostly and noticed that tundra, which ques before ganak which requires less people.  So on  7 vs 7 or 8 vs 8 why is it that ganak does not que over tundra? We still have only 2 choices to que most of the time.  Klak and tundra..   

I've heard far too many complaints about this map to conclude otherwise; everyone does not like this map. However, there's no real evidence other than the constant queues (which could just be a bug, or an unforseen mechanic) that SOE is forcing the map to be queued over the other maps.

Please do us a favor and take tundra out of the game....you have failed....it is ok....try again but stop trying to make this something that it's not....

Maybe not take it out, but revamp it so it is playable (no NPCs, for Battlegrounds is supposed to be PvP, for one specific example).

PLEASE TAKE TUNDRA OUT SO WE CAN GET BACK TO GANAK AND DEN!!!!!!!

If I'm wrong and do not speak for the majority please forgive this post.

Also why was shadows treeaas taken away?  If someone want to stay 39 for the entire duration of the game why does that matter to you?  Are we killing all the lvl 90 players?? IM just trying to understand..

There are many overpowering mechanics introduced within the shadow trees, such as priest doublecast. It's to offer balance for the lower tiers.

Thank You,

loyal eq and eq2 customer.

Souse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
swerve126

Loremaster
swerve126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24
Default

Hey thanks, those are great ideas.  You have a point, the map looks great but yes take out the npcs, that is what s killin te map..... Any you are also correct, there is no evidence but if it is a bug then fix it.  It just seems like from day one they tried to "force" people to play: first with the faction and now with the ques.  But if you que all it will b the one you get into.

Thanks for the info about the shadows tree.  And if they are fixing OP what about the BL lol

swerve126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
Rahatmattata

Loremaster
Rahatmattata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,232
Default

The Frozen Tundra does suck and it makes no sense that it pops before Ganak. Sometimes you can shout and convince enough people to queue Ganak or Den to get it to pop if they listen.

The TSO tree is gone and I doubt we're getting it back at level 39.

And yea, I have been flurried by beast lords on my ranger 4 times for 450 - 700 damage each. That character is in DFC chain armor.

__________________


A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:56 AM   #7
V-I-I-I-X-I-I-V

Lord
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Tundra map is completely aweful. SoE REALLY needs to understand that people who enjoy player vs player combat ONLY WANT PLAYER VS PLAYER COMBAT. WE DO NOT want to fight NPCs in a battleground & we DO NOT want to fight NPC mercenaries in open world pvp.

V-I-I-I-X-I-I-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
Souse
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 103
Default

V-I-I-I-X-I-I-V wrote:

Tundra map is completely aweful. SoE REALLY needs to understand that people who enjoy player vs player combat ONLY WANT PLAYER VS PLAYER COMBAT. WE DO NOT want to fight NPCs in a battleground & we DO NOT want to fight NPC mercenaries in open world pvp.

QFE

Souse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
Corydonn

Loremaster
Corydonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 744
Default

Tundra's concept just doesn't work in an MMO. There is no leveling up, gold from killing creeps, or sweet items to buy back at base.

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #10
Delethen
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Arch of Chaos
Rank: Muad'Dib

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 215
Default

[email protected] wrote:

The Frozen Tundra does suck and it makes no sense that it pops before Ganak. Sometimes you can shout and convince enough people to queue Ganak or Den to get it to pop if they listen.

This really.

The order the BGs pops in needs to be fixed and the priority that tundra still has should be removed.  No way should a supposedly 18 v 18 map be taking priority over a 12 v 12 (and in some cases, a 6 v 6).

Delethen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #11
Makembleed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: D O O M
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Makembleed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

The Frozen Tundra does suck and it makes no sense that it pops before Ganak. Sometimes you can shout and convince enough people to queue Ganak or Den to get it to pop if they listen.

This really.

The order the BGs pops in needs to be fixed and the priority that tundra still has should be removed.  No way should a supposedly 18 v 18 map be taking priority over a 12 v 12 (and in some cases, a 6 v 6).

+1

Makembleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
Elskidor

Loremaster
Elskidor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 509
Default

Tundra is horrid, and doesnt even feel like a BG. If I'm going to BG I expect Gears, Ganak, or Dens. Tundra doesn't even make any sense as a BG. Scrap it or revise it not to stick out like a sore thumb everyone hates. 

Elskidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
Matanzas

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 38
Default

It really makes me angry that soe can never admit when they have made a mistake and fix it.  They need to learn to know when what they have put out is nothing but a steaming pile of poop and remove it.  This is just one example.  They are too stubborn to admit when they have made a mistake, and it is killing the game.

Matanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #14
Maergoth

Loremaster
Maergoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 733
Default

Sad truth:

If no one liked it, people wouldn't play it.  Because people still have the box checked, they must not hate it too bad.

And before you say "Well then I wouldn't be able to play because everyone is playing Tundra..." Maybe you're the minority, and they shouldn't revamp something for you.

As for Tundra itself: Having NPCs in the way doesn't prevent the player-versus-player aspect, just like having overland mobs in the way doesn't ruin overland PVP. They aren't overly difficult, and the whole purpose is to force a "tug-of-war" scenario that just wouldn't happen with only players.

The concept itself is fine, but every time I've ever run it, it's just a sprint for the gates, bypassing the towers, and DPS contest on whoever can bypass the regen faster. Maybe that's been fixed, but it certainly needs to be.

If you want to simulate the whole MOBA thing, the marketplace seems pretty versatile. Let people purchase buffs based on the points they have accumulated. Make the rounds last 10-15 minutes, reward more tokens. Bump it down to 2 groups per side, and balance accordingly.

Alternatively, just balance it around the arena champion / dungeon maker avatars that are being shoved down our throats, and leave that as an option for people to obtain BG tokens who feel they are too undergeared to participate.

__________________


Jaraxx tells you, 'Why did you die? Man up. Ask for DI from your priests'

You tell Jaraxx, 'I had a "save" running..'

http://tinyurl.com/PaladinFeedback
Maergoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #15
V-I-I-I-X-I-I-V

Lord
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 52
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Sad truth:

If no one liked it, people wouldn't play it.  Because people still have the box checked, they must not hate it too bad.

And before you say "Well then I wouldn't be able to play because everyone is playing Tundra..." Maybe you're the minority, and they shouldn't revamp something for you.

As for Tundra itself: Having NPCs in the way doesn't prevent the player-versus-player aspect, just like having overland mobs in the way doesn't ruin overland PVP. They aren't overly difficult, and the whole purpose is to force a "tug-of-war" scenario that just wouldn't happen with only players.

The concept itself is fine, but every time I've ever run it, it's just a sprint for the gates, bypassing the towers, and DPS contest on whoever can bypass the regen faster. Maybe that's been fixed, but it certainly needs to be.

If you want to simulate the whole MOBA thing, the marketplace seems pretty versatile. Let people purchase buffs based on the points they have accumulated. Make the rounds last 10-15 minutes, reward more tokens. Bump it down to 2 groups per side, and balance accordingly.

Alternatively, just balance it around the arena champion / dungeon maker avatars that are being shoved down our throats, and leave that as an option for people to obtain BG tokens who feel they are too undergeared to participate.

Spoken like a truly uneducated fool. The majority HATE Tundra. The reason people are in it is because when you queue all, Tundra ALMOST ALWAYS takes priority over ANY other map w/ SoE's matchmaker system. Most people queue all in order to have a better chance at getting into a BG. Not only that but SoE's group queue system only allows you to queue the group for one specific map or ALL.... and when you queue all, Tundra pops. Start to actually do BGs before you speak kid.

V-I-I-I-X-I-I-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
Tygana
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dragon Fodder
Rank: Well Balanced Meal

Loremaster
Tygana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 170
Default

V-I-I-I-X-I-I-V wrote:

The majority HATE Tundra. The reason people are in it is because when you queue all, Tundra ALMOST ALWAYS takes priority over ANY other map w/ SoE's matchmaker system. Most people queue all in order to have a better chance at getting into a BG.

This is true, the majority do hate tundra, and you can see it in Champions. When it pops, you will see a lot of people shouting "don't queue tundra!", etc. It also does take priority over all others. I can't tell you how many tundras I've seen with not enough players to fill a Gears match, let alone a Ganak match. You should not be seeing tundra show up randomly unless there are at least 25 or more people queued up in your tier, or if a lot of people queue only for tundra.

Tygana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #17
metahoop

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8
Default

Delete "TUNDRA". Worst thing since...

metahoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:26 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.