EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Olihin

Developer

Greetings,

Please provide your feedback regarding the new battleground here.

We are looking to balance the hit points and damage across the various tiers.  We also want to make sure the objectives are clear and obtainable within the time allotted.  

Thank you!

Olihin

Olihin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
wynd64

Lord

I ran the new one a few time, I actually like it myself, but suspect it will be a bit before we get the actual mechanics down enough to get to the power source.  Right now it looks like the game is pretty much kill players and npc.  BGs done properly requires cooperation, and I saw very little of that in the few I played so far, so dificult to comment on how doable all the different parts are.

Death Over Time

Everfrost
wynd64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
Peak
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Slice of Life

Loremaster

Stupid to make it the only battleground which rewards faction, when all the new PVP gear requires faction.

This is just like when we all had to do Smugglers Den, which EVERYONE despised, over and over again to get BG gear before we had just one battleground token.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

Points rewarded for killing mobs is way too high.  The towers should give a good amount of points, but the basic mobs that path around award way too much.

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
Corydonn

Loremaster

I'm not sure if this relates to just this BG or the rest but my PVE multiattack still seems to be working here for PVP damage.

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:00 AM   #6
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

I have no idea what the objective is, or how points are distributed/earned. So far in T4 it has been a big mess of people running around spread out having no clue what to do, and eventually congregating in one area basically in a big free-for-all melee while getting aggrod by mobs. Quite lame and un-fun IMO.

Things that would make it better is to get rid of the mobs. Just make both teams burn towers like Warfields. You could also find a way to explain what the goal of the gametype is and how the scoring works. Unless you just want us to figure it out on our own, that's fine too.

Other than just straight up not understanding or liking the map, the mobs seemed like they had too much HP in T4. Also, I'm not a fan of taking 30% falling damage by spawning on a cliff every time I die.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:03 AM   #7
Corydonn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I have no idea what the objective is, or how points are distributed/earned. So far in T4 it has been a big mess of people running around spread out having no clue what to do, and eventually congregating in one area basically in a big free-for-all melee while getting aggrod by mobs. Quite lame and un-fun IMO.

Things that would make it better is to get rid of the mobs. Just make both teams burn towers like Warfields. You could also find a way to explain what the goal of the gametype is and how the scoring works. Unless you just want us to figure it out on our own, that's fine too.

Other than just straight up not understanding or liking the map, the mobs seemed like they had too much HP in T4. Also, I'm not a fan of taking 30% falling damage by spawning on a cliff every time I die.

Mobs are worth 10-200 points. Players are worth 1. I think Towers are worth 100 as well but aren't worth the trouble ever, Especially the one hidden behind the gate. The best tactic is to kill the opposing team's middle spawning mobs, Their commander and respawning mobs while sending enough disruption to the other team's force to stop them from doing the same.

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:12 AM   #8
Trandom
Server: Venekor
Guild: Highkeep Heros

Loremaster

Did 4 of these tonight lost 3 won 1, took a bit to understand what was going on but to much pve action and not enough pvp is what I saw. 

Faction reward is to low assuming you won every third BG and had 0 wait time it would take 107 hours of total play time to get to 40 k faction for rewards that are only good in PvP.

All I can say is you can take this PvP update and put it where the sun does not shine.  I will stick to PvE which is all I have been doing since DoV came out anyway. 

Hope the PvE zones are better thought out than the PvP was.

Trandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:52 AM   #9
Lethe5683

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

Please provide your feedback regarding the new battleground here.

We are looking to balance the hit points and damage across the various tiers.  We also want to make sure the objectives are clear and obtainable within the time allotted.  

Thank you!

Olihin

It's terrible and unbalanced.  The mobs are too powerful and the tower is nigh invulnerable in T4.  I don't want to do more PvE; that's pretty much the whole reason I am playing BGs because I get sick of playing PvE all the time.  I really don't know what you were thinking trying to add PvE to BGs but you really couldn't have done a better job making a terribly boring and pointless BG if you tried.

PS: The stats on the new gear are almost as bad as the new BG is.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #10
Dark Messenger

Loremaster

way too much points from npcs, the side who does pvp gets less points then the side who just waits for npcs to kill them.

maybe the only npcs should be the ones like orange cons and the buildings like towers and the gate and take the attackers out, the attackers are  a guardian class and are rooting with their selfbuff way too often, sometimes i were permanently rooted.

Dark Messenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
NardacMM

Loremaster

In my first three matches, I didn't even encounter another player.  We just ran around clockwise, knocking down towers and NPCs as fast as we could.  There is no strategy and no motivation to PvP.  It may be because the map is too big... If the towers were closer together, we might be more motivated to break off from a tower to go stop the other team from knocking down our's.

Not having PvE stats on the armour is ridiculous.  I'm not going to spend 100+ hours doing a single map in order to obtain gear that I can only use in BGs.  By the time I have 40k faction, I'll be so sick of this map, that I won't want to play it ever again. Why not add PvE stats, too?  If i were to spend 100 hours doing PQs, I could have 15 full sets of better quality armour. Why not reward the effort here and make this a reasonable alternative to PQs for gearing up?

Old 06-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #12
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

Dark Messenger wrote:

, the attackers are  a guardian class and are rooting with their selfbuff way too often, sometimes i were permanently rooted.

This, this, 100x this.

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #13
Gilamarth

Loremaster

Pts and mobs of course need some tweaking, beyond though the conept is good.  I've know plent of players that hate klak and love smug's, so that's what they tend to play.  The idea of having 2 separate PVE's raids that can mess with each other is fairly fun once ya get the hang of it.  Keep tweaking and the players will get used to the play style and we'll see how it goes.

A BG style WF might be fun as well as anothe BG match.

-Gil

Gilamarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #14
Careisa

Loremaster

Can we please get an option to zone back to where we started the bg from instead of having to go through the lobby after the bg is complete?

Careisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #15
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

/waves around

Concerning gear, there is crafted gear available with the same kind of stats (a bit lower of course). Recipes are in Thurg crafting area, items are heirloom (btw, it would be nice to have this gear NOT heirloom but tradable)

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #16
Peak
Guild: Slice of Life

Loremaster

What does it take to make that gear?

Old 06-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #17
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

As written in the topic on crafted gear here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=472030 :

•  brellium for chain / plate
  • spotted pelt for leather
  • toxnettle root for cloth

Common T9 rares and usual fuel as subcomponents. Stats (sta, int, wis...) are 20 points below the bought gear, toughness is 20 points below, other stats are a bit below too, more or less depending on stats, but it's efficient and geared for PVP so probably usefull. I used those while testing the area and it improved my survivability vs regular players (aka not PVP geared), not a lot vs Naggy guys of course. I was previously a very badly geared conjuror.Appearance of cloth armor can be seen on said conjuror in the little movie on Zam just after the "frozen tundra" title and on Frizznik (gnome on hovering craft from Aether race).

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #18
Hammerhead25

Loremaster

Can you have a look at the regen on the relics? The kromzek relic dies like instantly, the coldain one took 27million damage to kill, regening like 10 percent hp every 3 sec :/.  Blue team almost always wins because of this. Kromzek relic = 3.2mil damage taken on last run and it died fast with less dps on it and did not regen.

Hammerhead25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #19
Loco_kano

Lord

Devs please look at this...

I have poor internet connectivity, this lobby is killing my game play. Its one big lag fest that causes me to get dropped to character select every few minutes. Also as I said above my internet isn't the greatest, and if I drop a packet i get booted every time can something be done about this? I am with the others that don't want to rejoin the lobby when completing a BG.

Second: The new armor is less than appealing in T4, its worse than the our old armor (that was lacking). I know you didn't get proper feedback on test but it has to looked at. I think it should be closer to the jewelry stats, at the least make it viable.

Third: Factions only in new zone. I understand that you guys want everyone to buy DoV but this is self destructive to the BG community.  Myself, like others who posted don't like the new zone, and feel forced to play it. Instead of BGs being fun with options, its turning into a grind with little rewards. Maybe allow all zones to get factions but only allow new armor to DoV subs? As for the new zone, it just feels large, laggy, and chaotic hard to navigate and get to your teammates, mobs are crazy strong (in t4) and just doesn't feel like true battlegrounds, but that's just my opinion I can live with it, as long as the other issues get attention.

Loco_kano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #20
Ilovecows
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Dark Messenger wrote:

, the attackers are  a guardian class and are rooting with their selfbuff way too often, sometimes i were permanently rooted.

This, this, 100x this.

I agree... it is annoying when 15+ mobs are all hitting on me and keeping me rooted more than 50% of the fight... especially when we pretty much only ever have 1 healer in the BG

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #21
cutiechicchi

Loremaster

1. needing faction is a horrible idea, it'd take hundreds or hours esp. if you keep getting stuck in bad groups. grinding faction for red adorns was a pain, Bgs are supposed to be fun!

2. [Removed for Content] is up with the ninja nerf on casting speed and recovery/reuse, I felt like a freaking level 1 shaman!

on a side note, thanks for making the hp of the towers and gates more reasonable for such a short bg now people can do other things if they wanted to.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #22
7it5frfi765bi8g

Master

thank you for ruining the bgs for me, now I can only get a q for a bg that sucks (i dont bg to pve).  everyone is playing this new bg, not because its fun but because its the only one to award the faction points, now i can't get a q for any of the others, i tried the new one & it's stupid, was there any real testing on this.  i start the match instantly having to take falling damage, then its just run around killing mobs hoping the other side's scouts dont gank me while my tank is busy with the mobs. maybe this is fun for lvl 90's who moslty raid anyways but i hate it.  & now its either bg or do anything else i can't q up then go grind till i get in.  cause i'll just end up in a useless laggy lobby.  we all had hopes that the lobby would improve the bgs, sadly it was done so poorly that now it's just a an aggravation.  if it aint broke dont fix it & if its new it better deliver as advertised. 

the battlegrounds is the only real reason i play, now i dont have a reason to play, funny how after 1 update the game just isn't enjoyable anymore.

7it5frfi765bi8g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #23
Lethe5683

Loremaster

Delete this BG, it's the worst thing I have ever seen and everyone is queing for it to get the status.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #24
Tenka

Loremaster

all the other bg's should give faction, not just the new one. i like the idea behind the new bg, but i doubt it got tested enough to forsee the way it would just turn into a race to knock down some gates etc. everyone who didn't test this, myself included, can take the blame on this one imo.
Tenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #25
Lethe5683

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

all the other bg's should give faction, not just the new one. i like the idea behind the new bg, but i doubt it got tested enough to forsee the way it would just turn into a race to knock down some gates etc. everyone who didn't test this, myself included, can take the blame on this one imo.

SoE can take the blame for having the unreasonable idea that people who do BGs want to PvE.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #26
Tenka

Loremaster

well it's blatantly obvious that they aren't going for a deathmatch style bg, and i haven't really put any effort into figuring out why, but yeah all the other bg's have a distraction factor too. i would have liked a dm bg but the norm of having objectives is no surprise.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #27
Tenka

Loremaster

also i think the lobby is a ticking time bomb of tears. a lot of ppl asked for it, but let's not forget about how many ppl cried about premade groups ownin it up before. maybe it'll all balance out, but i think there will be cross server all star teams emerging and just making ppl cry. if i could hand pick an x2 from all servers i doubt they would ever lose. ever.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #28
7it5frfi765bi8g

Master

objectives are fine, when you actually know what they are & it doesn't destroy the purpose of pvping.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:09 AM   #29
Tenka

Loremaster

the mobs and structures are worth points. i personally didn't struggle too hard to understand their function. the goal, i'm sure, was for ppl to atk and defend their own structures. the devs REALLY need to understand that ppl will always look for the easy way out. always. if you could get pvp gear from harvesting fish nodes in antonica, trust and believe antonica would be flooded with fishermen. as it turns out you get more faction/tokens from bum rushing your opponents npc's and structures.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #30
7it5frfi765bi8g

Master

sadly the new gear isn't even worth the effort.