EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #121
Encanto

Senior Guide

A Halfling and her assistant seek your help in Qeynos Harbour! They should be making their appearance around 8:00 PM BST (21:00 CEST) on Monday, 26 March!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #122
Tippoh

Guide

A ghostly Orc is seeking revenge in Greater Faydark at 08:00 PST (16:00 GMT) on Thursday 5th April!

*More to come, Keep your eyes open!*

Do you think you have what it takes to be a Guide? Apply today.

Disclaimer: *Note* Due to the fact that scheduling can change, all times are generalized based on PST/PDT timing. Note that the approximate times given are based on when the scheduled event is intended to begin. Late starts and cancellations may happen without warning/last minute. Be aware that some cancellations or time changes occur and are beyond my control, however, we will inform you of these changes in advance when/if possible. Due to the nature of some quests/events this listing may not contain all of the quests or events on "our" schedule.

Please remember that quest actors do not respond to /tell. To speak to a quest actor you must use /say at all times.

Grub Muffins!

Tippoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #123
Tippoh

Guide

A young halfling is looking for help saving some pigs! Will you help her? She will be in the Village of Shin, at 4pm UK time (08:00 PST) on Wednesday 11th April!

*More to come, Keep your eyes open!*

Do you think you have what it takes to be a Guide? Apply today.

Disclaimer: *Note* Due to the fact that scheduling can change, all times are generalized based on PST/PDT timing. Note that the approximate times given are based on when the scheduled event is intended to begin. Late starts and cancellations may happen without warning/last minute. Be aware that some cancellations or time changes occur and are beyond my control, however, we will inform you of these changes in advance when/if possible. Due to the nature of some quests/events this listing may not contain all of the quests or events on "our" schedule.

Please remember that quest actors do not respond to /tell. To speak to a quest actor you must use /say at all times.

Grub Muffins!

Old 04-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #124
Encanto

Senior Guide

Rumor has it that a member of the Stormshield family will be seeking help in Eastern Wastes around 8:30 PM BST /21.30 CEST today (13 April).

Old 04-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #125
Encanto

Senior Guide

Word has it that a dwarf with an obsession for axes will be in the Butcherblock Mountains around 1:30 PM Pacific / 9:30 PM BST near Greater Faydark!

Old 04-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #126
Encanto

Senior Guide

Friday 27 April 2012 - 9:00 PM BST/22.00 CEST

A Gnome in distress needs your help in The Withered Lands!

Old 05-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #127
Encanto

Senior Guide

Friday, 25 May 2012 - 7:00 PM -10:00 PM BST / 2000 - 2300 CEST

Looks like those Pirate Gnomes are needing some more Crash Dummies, er, um, Test Pilots for those infernal CRASH Pads in the Thundering Steppes! Come by and see how well you fare!

Old 07-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #128
Rampage

Philosopher

Splitpaw gets no guide love these days, does it?

Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #129
harleygjc

Loremaster

Speaking for myself and probably half the server, but I aint seen a guide come on the server in many a moon now,seems like we've been abandoned methinks! Shame as I always enjoyed talking to the guides but it now seems like a idea in the past.

harleygjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #130
Shniffles

Guide

harleygjc wrote:

Speaking for myself and probably half the server, but I aint seen a guide come on the server in many a moon now,seems like we've been abandoned methinks! Shame as I always enjoyed talking to the guides but it now seems like a idea in the past.

Helloes!I can assure you we haven't forgotten abouts Splitpaw, but the Guides can often be found doing quests and RP sessions which are not advertised on these boards.  Keep an eye on 1-9 channel in game, and you mights see us around!  We're not always on 'Guide' characters, especially if a quest is running.

Cheese Eating, Tree Hugging Ratonga

Splitpaw - EQII
Shniffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #131
Tippoh

Guide

harleygjc wrote:

I can assure you we haven't abandoned you! Far from it!

More than often as of late is may seem like this because of a lot of our Splitpaw guides have been running quests for you rather than Roleplay sessions. This may be because of various reasons, or it may be a time restriction thing. I'm sure once some of us have seen this post (Will make sure they all do), that we will try get out for some more RP sessions.

As for quests, as I posted earlier in the topic, a few months back the Guide program regulations changed, no longer requiring guides to get approval to run their quests. Previously this meant that we had some warning to give you about the whereabouts of guide events, but with the new changes, it means that generally by the time I have seen the quests have been scheduled, they have already been run and am unable to give prior warnings.

The best advice I can give, is that keep an eye out on 1-9 channel for messages from a quest avatar (Will be in the quest roleplay), and go seek them out. A guide can't respond to tells when in a quest avatar, so you have to find them in person. If it does turn out to be a guide quest, feel free to repeat it in any subsequent channels and spread the word. This way more people know and everyone has more fun!

I will see what I can get done about giving more advanced warnings, but it's a lot more difficult now unfortunately. On a slightly brighter note, rumours are emerging of a certain blue frog may be reappearing sooner rather than later!

Tippoh.

Grub Muffins!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #132
harleygjc

Loremaster

Glad to see we've not been abandoned! I've missed seeing and talking to the guides for a while now, seems like most people I used to know are now gone and the guides were a welcome distraction from solo questing for a while! look forward to seeing the guides around sometime on my fae warlock, You know him fairly well by now Tippoh cough free bug pies cough!

harleygjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #133
Ninwa

Senior Guide

*Froaks loudly*

I have returned! I will try to announce more quests if/when possible! If anyone has a special request, let us know and we'll see if we can accommodate your wishes!

*hugs all of Splitpaw*

Ninwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #134
Rampage

Philosopher

I prefer quests myself tbh, but I didn't even see them with one exception where I caught a "a call for help" in the chat spam and by the time I got there 5 min later the orc in need of help was gone. Then I came here saw there hadn't been announcents but once a month. I wouldn't blame you ofc, Splitpaw is pretty dead cuz of the PSS1 thing, but it's good to see people are actually around.

Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #135
Iza

Guardian

Ninwa wrote:

*Froaks loudly*

I have returned! I will try to announce more quests if/when possible! If anyone has a special request, let us know and we'll see if we can accommodate your wishes!

*hugs all of Splitpaw*

Special requests as in a specific quest? Would like to see "The Gnollish Menace" run a few times if so, and/or "Hunting Contest".

Iza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #136
Ninwa

Senior Guide

*hops in and froaks*

Rumours I've heard so far for this week:

Tonight at 7pm UK time (11am Pacific) a gnomish inventor by the name of Gneil Tinkerspark will be in the Withered Lands seeking help!

Wednesday 25th July at 9pm UK time (1pm Pacific) a Kerran hunter by the name of Kocheera will be in Antonica near the lighthouse seeking hunters!

This list will be updated when I hear more!

*hops out*

Old 07-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #137
Iza

Guardian

Yay! Thank you! Been looking for that hunting quest (and the one that  gives tortured skellys) ever since I first saw the house items and heard about the guide quests.

Iza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #138
Tippoh

Guide

For anybody who might have missed it. Not strictly a guide rumour, but I suspect a few of us might be there!

Splitpaw Meet and Greet

• When: Monday, July 30th, 2012, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. PDT* (San Diego time) - 8pm - 9pm BST (UK Time)
  • Server: Splitpaw
  • Location: The Community Lounge – Look for the portal near the docks in the Sinking Sands.
  • __________________
    Tippoh, Guide of Splitpaw

Grub Muffins!

Old 07-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #139
    Shniffles

Guide

Tippoh wrote:

For anybody who might have missed it. Not strictly a guide rumour, but I suspect a few of us might be there!

Splitpaw Meet and Greet

• When: Monday, July 30th, 2012, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. PDT* (San Diego time) - 8pm - 9pm BST (UK Time)
  • Server: Splitpaw
  • Location: The Community Lounge – Look for the portal near the docks in the Sinking Sands.
  • I am very much looking forward to getting out there and meeting some more of the community! 

Cheese Eating, Tree Hugging Ratonga

Splitpaw - EQII
    Shniffles is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #140
    Ninwa

Senior Guide

More rumours!

Tonight I'll be attending the Splitpaw Meet & Greet (as will a few others of our team!)... be sure to ask about a catalogue... *winks*

Tomorrow, 31st July, at 8am UK time (midnight Pacific) a gnomish tinkerer by the name of Cogswa would love to share some of her research with you all in Steamfont, at the Gnomeland Security HQ!

Wednesday, 1st August, at 7:30pm UK time (11:30am Pacific) Ozwick the gnome needs help with some parts as he can not leave his poor wife alone after a mishap from his assistant. He can be found in Steamfont Mountains near the road to Klak'Anon!

When I hear more, I will add it here!

*hops out*

Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Life™, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.

Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Splitpaw might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #141
    Ninwa

Senior Guide

A new week and new rumours!

Monday 6th August at 8pm UK time (noon Pacific) Licketh the troll seeks help finding her lost pet dragons in Lavastorm!

Tuesday 7th August at 8:30am UK time (12:30am Pacific) a Ratonga farmer needs help understanding why his scarecrow keeps running away! They are on the fields near the Qeynos gates in Antonica.

Wednesday 8th August at 7:30pm UK time (11:30pm Pacific) Sighrun Azureflame is looking for assistance acquiring some live fungoid on the docks of Frostfang Sea!

*hops out*

Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Life™, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.

Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Splitpaw might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #142
    ChrisMarchant

Tester

This ratonga's question is easily answered Ninwa, it's all those elite gnolls from the new gnoll infestation, they keep chasing all the scarecrows (and anyone else nearby) all the way to Qeynos gates.

I'll have to skip that one, those gnolls are just too aggressive.

ChrisMarchant is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #143
    Ninwa

Senior Guide

Monday 13th August at 8pm UK time (noon Pacific) a farmer seeks help herding his pigs near Frontier Farm in Antonica!

Tuesday 14th August at 3:30pm UK time (7:30am Pacific) Gneil Tinkerspark needs help finding his lost schematics in the Withered Lands.

Wednesday 15th August at 7:30pm UK time (11:30am Pacific) Kocheera the Kerran hunter seeks help finding some quality pelts in the Commonlands!

*hops out*

Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Splitpaw might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #144
    Ninwa

Senior Guide

*hops in and froaks*

New rumours!

Monday 20th August at 8pm UK time (noon Pacific) an Orc father named Bubbash Nar needs help with babysitting his kids in the Thundering Steppes!

Wednesday 22nd August at 9pm UK time (1pm Pacific) Sighrun Azureflame is looking for assistance acquiring some live fungoid on the docks of Frostfang Sea!

*hops out*

Old 08-24-2012, 04:45 AM   #145
    Ninwa

Senior Guide

*hops in and froaks*

A new week, new rumours to share!

Saturday 25th August at noon UK time (4am Pacific) a businesswoman with an interest in fresh coffee will be in Neriak looking for business opportunities.

Monday 27th August at 8pm UK time (noon Pacific) Fligersnur, a Sarnak grandfather, needs help finding his granddaughter's pet dragons near the gates to West Freeport in the Commonlands

*hops out*

Old 08-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #146
    Tikku Lilledrum

Loremaster

Dear Ninwa,

Good to see you are still hopping about.

There are still some guide quests I have missed;

Grolk's Revenge!

Erollisi's Messenger

Halden's Dwarven Gathering Contest

Scratches need Patches

Would like to finish those one time.

Tikku Lilledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #147
    Ninwa

Senior Guide

*hops in and froaks*
    I have been about, just forget to post the rumours I hear...
    Wednesday 26th September at 9:00pm UK time (1:00pm Pacific) an Orc Priest will be in The Commonlands near the entrance to the Sprawl looking for adventurers around level 15-20.  
    *hops out*

Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #148
    Ninwa

Senior Guide

*hops in and froaks*

A few more rumours!

Tomorrow, Tuesday 2nd October at 8am UK time (midnight Pacific) Mipkin the Othmir seeks help near the lighthouse in Antonica, it involves fishing.

Wednesday 3rd October at 9pm UK time (1pm Pacific) Licketh the Troll needs help finding her kidnapped baby dragons in Lavastorm!

*hops out*

Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #149
    Ninwa

Senior Guide

*hops in and froaks*

More rumours!

Monday 8th October at 1pm UK time (5am Pacific) Hallden Irongutt needs help getting ingredients for his famous brews! He'll be on the docks of Frostfang Sea!

Wednesday 10th October at 10pm UK time (2pm Pacific) Farrrmerrr Brrown needs help herding his pigs in Antonica. He'll be waiting at Frontier Farm!

*hops out*

Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Splitpaw might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.