EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #31
japanfour

Loremaster

Twyxx wrote:

japanfour wrote:

I think this whole agnostic thing sounds like a cop out to just put a be all end all fix to BG mentored pvp. Instead of filling a giant void with one bucket of water, why dont you work on making each tier a niche for each kind of player mentality!

Problem is there isn't enough population to fill each tier anymore.  You can really only go two tiers with bgs and have them pop consistently.  Since the t4 was the healthiest bg community I would've kept that one and then done a 40-92 lvl agnostic if you were gonna just go with two tiers.

I agree with you on how the current state population wise, but it doesnt mean that this game cant get more players, tuning this game based on its diminishment sounds counterproductive in my opinion. If they put worthwhile things in tiers people will chase them, work for them and so on. I think if they put unique elements in each seperate tier to appeal to players that want to put various amounts of effort in to the game would be something that this game needs, and it would bring back more consistent casuals to the game as well as long time players. I know the population isnt there, but if they dont implement something unique that draws a new player in, or a bunch of new players towards a casual niche then what are they implementing new features for? just to keep us here? it just wouldnt make sense.

I Think about it like this, back in KoS EoF TSO days there were still people locking levels, and using things(pvp gear), though it was obviously cut throat and unbalanced, the playability was there and to be found for whoever wanted to work towards it( lack of balance only was there for people who didnt play with team mates and people who are too lazy to attain armor and gear)

Population or not I dont see why they cant implement it and let people get involved or neglect it upon their own accord. The level agnostic idea cant possibly balance the entire level gap from 40-92, i just dont see it being possible, and if they make it possible I dont see it being something enjoyable for the long term. It will be like guild wars. people will come back to enjoy it, untill they quickly discover the ins and outs. I just cant see them taking the more complex abilities you attain at higher levels and balancing them with a player that has half of those abilities and less gear. And if they are able to balance it, its kind of a slap in the face for those who have worked towards the gear and AA. This Isnt balance, its almost gaming communism. Making this game classless isnt the way to go. PVP is and always was good in this game when it was a battle of the survival of the fittest.

SOE has a knack for always making ploys for short term profit, this decision to make agnostic levels seems like a short answer to a large problem, thats only there to keep current people happy/involved. I dont think this idea is appealing to a new player at all. I still love this game though. Just straight talking it.

japanfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #32
Seliri

Lord

Twyxx wrote:

japanfour wrote:

I think this whole agnostic thing sounds like a cop out to just put a be all end all fix to BG mentored pvp. Instead of filling a giant void with one bucket of water, why dont you work on making each tier a niche for each kind of player mentality!

Problem is there isn't enough population to fill each tier anymore.  You can really only go two tiers with bgs and have them pop consistently.  Since the t4 was the healthiest bg community I would've kept that one and then done a 40-92 lvl agnostic if you were gonna just go with two tiers.

i do think it a terrible prospect to even consider attempts at negotiating horrendous prospects...

Seliri wrote:

If activity boosts are desired in other tiers, implementing some form of seasonal leaderboards & rewards is the appropriate route.

For instance, give TRULY novel, in-demand rewards for 50-59, 60-69, & 70-79 level ranges.

These rewards could be conditional on (reasonable amounts of) PvP activity in that SPECIFIC level range.

Consider that having a leaderboard champion in one tier could allow for THE BEST PvP ITEM ON ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS, but FOR ONLY ONE TO TWO SLOTS.

Seliri wrote:

*Note* - If your attention span is terrible & you don't want to find my suggestion again, it was "unlock 1-2 of THE BEST PvP pieces for specific slots (for all of that accounts' characters, in every tier) from having a leaderboard champion in open world PvP or battlegrounds within tiers two to nine (10-89)"

but supposedly, there's so much that can be done to improve EQ2's engine performance, surely that's where the money should go... ;P

Seliri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #33
Cynicisim
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

There is no BG for lvl 30's anymore. It is a joke. I would like to say more but just too disapointed. Perhaps tomorrow when I find a reason to stay in the game.

Cynicisim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #34
Brook

Tester

I take back what I said about the current dev team not being able to balance this out, I have gone into a number of matches at lvl 39 and it works amazingly well. I don't know who balanced the numbers but props to them for giving us back an active BG environment.

Well done

But seriously, you're the kind of guy that zones into gears without a healer and spends the whole match talking about the fact there isn't a healer instead of contributing. I hate you, and everyone like you that plays this game. Please spend less time whining and more time winning, it contributes to the general growth of the game and makes gameplay more enjoyable for all.

Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #35
Makembleed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: D O O M

Loremaster

Brook wrote:

I take back what I said about the current dev team not being able to balance this out, I have gone into a number of matches at lvl 39 and it works amazingly well. I don't know who balanced the numbers but props to them for giving us back an active BG environment.

Well done

Wow, really?  You musta had some lame 80+ cuz it sure aint balanced.

Makembleed is offline   Reply With Quote