EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #151
bks6721

Loremaster

Darkholis wrote:

Gravy wrote:

While I agree with you, SoE has their legal butts covered:

c. Redemption of Station Cash. From time to time SOE may offer opportunities for you to redeem your Station Cash (e.g., at the Store or while playing a game on The Station) for certain items or services provided that you have a sufficient balance to do so. While your Station Cash does not have any set expiration date, please be aware that SOE may from time to time cease, without notice to you, to continue to offer an item or service in exchange for your Station Cash. As such, if you see an item or service being offered by us for redemption that interests you, we strongly encourage you to redeem your Station Cash for such item or service as soon as possible.

This ìs why you guys are arguing and crying for nohing as usual.

For those who said it's not an exploit, go read the definition before bringing empty arguments ty.

Small out of subject here, you guys know why buying plats with SC is tolerated? Simple, it's because SOE makes money for each SC card being sold in US/Canada. A third party website selling plate for bucks would be a violation of their EULA and a bannable offense.

ok then by definition, SOE exploited the players.  They offered annual subs via SC, then they had sales on SC hoping to get us to buy those annual subs.

Thank you SOE for finally puting a stop to the exploitation of your customers!  What a great way to be a stand-up company!

Thanks you SOE for FINALLY doing something that will help reduce lag in EVERY zone.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #152
Taladorm
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Seekers of the Rose

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

Bait and Switch. Absolutely no warning or notification. Removal of game features that were being used by a lot of players with no comparable exchange.

Really..

Impressive..

Customer..

Service..

Over the years SOE has made some terrible mistakes, and every time I hold out hope that maybe they'll finally learn something.   Yet stupid decisions like this happen again and again. 

Why can't you people learn to communicate?  If you came out and admitted you made a mistake with the sub pricing using SC and you would have to end the service at the end of the month this wouldn't be so bad.  I (and I’m sure most people) understand you are a business and making a profit is your main objective, we understand when you need to make changes to your pricing structure o stay competitive. 

What is not acceptable is making the changes with no notice or warning.  Your leaving people stuck with SC balances intended to pay for the game subscription.  This decision reeks of deceit and greed.

Taladorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #153
Gealaen_Gaiamancer

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Ironic isn't it that if you click on Gold under Memberships it still says, and I quote :

"Prefer not to auto-renew? Click the Non-Recurring category"

Seeing this in game caused me a great amount of ironic laughter last night.  I bet THAT PARTICULAR oversight will be corrected promptly.

Gealaen_Gaiamancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #154
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

SOE is having a good laugh at this point to be sure.  I wonder how many posts in this thread have been quickly removed, in the PSS1 thread format, rather than mod'ed and locked for everyone to see that posts were actually made and unwanted rather than just vaporized.

Have your laugh now SOE, people will only stand for so much before they get tired of being laughed at.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #155
Daisey
Server: Oasis
Guild: Compulsive Harvesters

Loremaster

If they were losing money on accounts purchased via station cash, why did they rebate the same accounts 50% off on their last rebate sale?  I didn't expect accounts, or even character slots, to be included in the rebates, but they were.  I'm sorry but people will shop sales if they can.  The eq folks should've known and expected that. 

I'm betting in 2 months there will be a special "Buy a Station Cash card at CVS at 10:pm on Thursday, activate it  on Wednesday at 12:am and get an extra month added to your account."  I'm kind of curious just how many people just buy SC for the pretties on the marketplace.  I mean just how many horses, houses and crates of crap does one person want?  Well...excluding my husband who buys all the houses with his 500 bonus SC for a recurring subscription.

Daisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #156
Jesad

Loremaster

I don't know what to think here but I think that someone needs to respond in official capacity soon or not only will SOE have robbed its playerbase of the already purchased SC that people paid for with the expectation of being able to purchase discount months, but they will also have gotten those recurring subscribers, like myself, who are waiting around to find out if this unscrupulous business move is true or not for another month's worth of service for waiting to find out.

I'm not afraid to say that if it's true I'm out, I'm just not willing to believe that a company this big would make such an awful mistake.

Jesad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #157
Pesty

Lord

Well news of this has spread to gaming sites.. on massively:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/0...h-station-cash/

How can they say this was underutilized as the reasoning!  

Pesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #158
crazey

Loremaster

Please tell me this was unintentional...please tell me they messed up!

Unbelievable.

crazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #159
Breckin

Loremaster

So, from what I read here I gather this was intentional.  I think this is pretty backhanded.  No, I didnt like people undermining the game buying subscriptions with SC when SC was often bought with in game money, but it's the environment SoE established for a long time.  Now, just before a +500 SC promotion, SoE decided to remove the option to buy subs with SC.  Essentially SoE is fixing a problem and totally scr****** legitimate customers who use this option in the process.  And it was intentionally done just prior to a promotion.  Way to go SoE!  You will lose at least 1 customer over this.  The 4000+ SC on my account can rot for all I care.  You made this problem and you made it worse by pulling the rug out from onder loyal customers at the worst (for you customers) and best (for your profits) possible time.  I've lost all respect for your company and practices.

Breckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #160
OnoremDil

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Darkholis wrote:

Gravy wrote:

c. Redemption of Station Cash. From time to time SOE may offer opportunities for you to redeem your Station Cash (e.g., at the Store or while playing a game on The Station) for certain items or services provided that you have a sufficient balance to do so. While your Station Cash does not have any set expiration date, please be aware that SOE may from time to time cease, without notice to you, to continue to offer an item or service in exchange for your Station Cash. As such, if you see an item or service being offered by us for redemption that interests you, we strongly encourage you to redeem your Station Cash for such item or service as soon as possible.

For those who said it's not an exploit, go read the definition before bringing empty arguments ty.

Small out of subject here, you guys know why buying plats with SC is tolerated? Simple, it's because SOE makes money for each SC card being sold in US/Canada. A third party website selling plate for bucks would be a violation of their EULA and a bannable offense.

ok then by definition, SOE exploited the players.  They offered annual subs via SC, then they had sales on SC hoping to get us to buy those annual subs.

Thank you SOE for finally puting a stop to the exploitation of your customers!  What a great way to be a stand-up company!

Thanks you SOE for FINALLY doing something that will help reduce lag in EVERY zone.

How many years worth of subs did you stock up for on SC...?

It was incredibly stupid for them to offer services for SC after they started offering bonuses for buying SC. I got my year for $30 a couple months ago...not a chance they'll see another dime from me unless they reintroduce the idea...but it was bad business for them to leave it there. Paying for 2 months instead of 12 months? How many are going to quit over it? How many took advantage of it?

OnoremDil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #161
Cerealkilla
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Crystalline Dragons

Loremaster

Done with EQ2 when my sub is up if they dont change it back. and i know im not alone. Never fails to amazing me with the decisions they make.
Cerealkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #162
Pink_Poodle

Shrine Maiden

Email and send Twitter tweets to Smedley and other devs. I did. Should get it directly to them. Show that you're angry at this change etc.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #163
Ringthanes

Loremaster

They did this to stimulate forum traffic and drive activity numbers up.  The ability to purchase subs with SC will be back by the end of the weekend ;>

Or they could actually be this stupid, inconsiderate and short-sighted...

Okay, the latter is more plausible...

Ringthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #164
bks6721

Loremaster

OnoremDil wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Darkholis wrote:

Gravy wrote:

How many years worth of subs did you stock up for on SC...?

It was incredibly stupid for them to offer services for SC after they started offering bonuses for buying SC. I got my year for $30 a couple months ago...not a chance they'll see another dime from me unless they reintroduce the idea...but it was bad business for them to leave it there. Paying for 2 months instead of 12 months? How many are going to quit over it? How many took advantage of it?

Only one year.  My current plan is still Platinum but that expires in Nov.  I bought enough SC (with money, not plat) to pay for my next year and to support my habbit of occasional purchases of items off the marketplace.   I've had an active sub since 05 and I'd probably remain active for a very long time.  Now my money I've already spent can't be used to buy more time.   Telling me I have to use my cc or buy MORE cards to get time, while I have $280 in my SC wallet is not wise.  Any review of my account will show that the actual subscription $$ is only a very small percentage of what I spend here.   This will cost them much more than just a few $$ in sub fees when my current sub expires.

To me this is like writing a check at a store, they take the check and cash it, then tell me I can't have the items unless I pay cash.

not a great way to get me to return

Old 06-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #165
Breckin

Loremaster

If they are going to end a practice which, I agree, was prone to abuse by some people's standards, they should have given warning so people could use up the SC they had accumulated by whatever means.  Now, they have decided to essentially pull the rug out from people (just prior to a SC promotion) to ruin the plans of everyone, "legitimate" and maybe questionable, to spend SC on subscriptions this weekend.  It was a totally underhanded and insulting move.  Remove buying subscriptions with SC?  Fine.  You can reap the rewards and consequences later on.  Do it just before a SC promotion without warning?  Really bad, stupid, stupid move SoE.  Sad...

Breckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #166
Tampa_Gamer

Loremaster

You all say that buying account time during double or triple cash was "exploitive or bad?"

As if Sony didn't intend for anyone to do that in the first place.  

As if they were totally oblivious to what the reason was for Doubling or tripling the cash was going towards.

Seriously did you really use it on things like appearance gear or Dungeon maker??

Tampa_Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #167
Rhymers
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Controlled Chaos

Loremaster

Breckin wrote:

Do it just before a SC promotion without warning?  Really bad, stupid, stupid move SoE.  Sad...

THIS!

Where is that pic EQ2Wire ran with the person tricking people into getting into the van with them? I think I need to be revised to reflect this all time low for SOE.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #168
Pakhet

Loremaster

Fact: Nearly every MMO requires a $14.99 a month sub for premium membership.

Fact: No other game offers yearly memberships for $15 like this one did during the triple/rebate.

Fact: NO game can survive with such CHEAP subscriptions.

Fact: People were still playing this when it was $14.99 a month, no F2P

Get over yourselves, people. You can use the SC cards for 30 days game time if you don't want to pay with a CC. But no game is going to forever offer you yearly subscriptions for $15. It's just not profitable. Anyone who thought they were going to keep offering $15 yearlies was deluding themselves. SMILEY Enjoy the cheap time you got and move on. Yes I enjoyed getting buy one month get 11 months free, but i'm not going to quit cause they stopped essentially letting me have all the perks for nothing.

Pakhet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #169
Shayne74

Loremaster

This is utter BS what am i supposed to do with 24k SC now? I dont need 24 more  toon slots and dont need fluff items so pretty much been ripped off for my money.  I always paid by CC until they allowed SC for payment then used my CC to buy the SC atleas they should let me  put the money back on my CC.

Do they really think that if a store offered a gift card and people bought them then stated after you can only use it to buy gu, or candy at the checkout that would fly?

Shame on you SOE!

As for "

I'll sure get flamed for that but hey, about time they removed gold sub with SC, finally!

First of all, when SOE went F2P, they said ''if you feel we're doing a good job, you can pay a subsrciption, if not, you can still play for free'' That being said, if you're not happy move on and stop crying.

Second thing, some claimed SOE gonna lose tons of money with that move. False, they lost a ton of money keeping that system you guys love so much. Let me developp a bit here. A standard gold sub is 14.99 per month (paid monthly) and can be as low as 10.99 per month (year sub) With SC and SC cards bought and used on double/triple days, a year gold sub costs you about 45-50 $ vs 107 $ for someone with credit card.

My 2cp worth here, trying to pay what someone like me been paying with their CC for years with in-game curency is an exploit. It's an exploit at the same title as people who buy plats for SC. You can afford a thousand + PC but too greedy to pay a 15$ per month sub. Game will be better without you guys. Have fun in WoW."

I paid with CC and if you are going to do math do all the math....with a CC payment you are getting $5 worth of station cash a month X 12 months that $60 bucks add that in with the $40-50 people are paying for the station cash and wow look they are the same....what are you saying you wish you were paying more? hmm i bought a t.v for $2000 and you bought the same T.V for $2500 do you go on about it cause i was a bit better at shopping and saved $500?

Shayne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #170
convict

Loremaster

Pakhet wrote:

Fact: No other game offers yearly memberships for $15 like this one did during the triple/rebate.

Get over yourselves, people. You can use the SC cards for 30 days game time if you don't want to pay with a CC. But no game is going to forever offer you yearly subscriptions for $15. It's just not profitable. Anyone who thought they were going to keep offering $15 yearlies was deluding themselves. Enjoy the cheap time you got and move on. Yes I enjoyed getting buy one month get 11 months free, but i'm not going to quit cause they stopped essentially letting me have all the perks for nothing.

Our bad, thought this game was F2P our way? Look at the bright side folks, there's always EQNext lol. Same people, same bs, move on and let EQNext die before it's released. They treat you like this here, don't stand in line for it when the next eq comes out.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #171
Kenazeer

Loremaster

Pakhet wrote:

Get over yourselves, people. You can use the SC cards for 30 days game time if you don't want to pay with a CC. But no game is going to forever offer you yearly subscriptions for $15. It's just not profitable. Anyone who thought they were going to keep offering $15 yearlies was deluding themselves. Enjoy the cheap time you got and move on. Yes I enjoyed getting buy one month get 11 months free, but i'm not going to quit cause they stopped essentially letting me have all the perks for nothing.

LOL. You think this game is actually worth $15 a month now? If that is your opinion, I can understand how you could be so deluded as to think this was a smart move, and also one that everyone should have forseen.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #172
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

Tampa_Gamer wrote:

You all say that buying account time during double or triple cash was "exploitive or bad?"

As if Sony didn't intend for anyone to do that in the first place.  

As if they were totally oblivious to what the reason was for Doubling or tripling the cash was going towards.

Seriously did you really use it on things like appearance gear or Dungeon maker??

I actually used it for both, becuae I was finaly able to do a multi month sub with cash instead of credit card, I can't use my credit or debit card to sub for a number of reason so was doing month to month. when they came out wiht multi month in SC i thought great I could get the same discount the recurring did and some times more if I played it right and be able to get some fo the fluff stuff I wanted. now I won't be ablet o do that oh I"ll get the $5 per month sc from using the walmart all in one as a sub and take longer. but not being able to use a Credit card will have me having to pay full sub price of $15 I own't even be able to get discount of $14.99 or for it so come december I Might be going dry a few months and SoE will lose the extra I was paying for the fluff. as for dungeion maker i used the DM marks for htat.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #173
bks6721

Loremaster

Pakhet wrote:

Fact: I have $280 of SC in my wallet and SOE says I can't use it to buy game time.

Fact: I will not pay SOE another cent until I CAN use that $280 to buy game time.

It's their choice.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #174
BigDaddy28

Loremaster

I'm curious to see how many accounts they lose after the month is up. Would almost bet that the feature will be "reinstated" within 2 months.

BigDaddy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #175
Pakhet

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I paid with CC and if you are going to do math do all the math....with a CC payment you are getting $5 worth of station cash a month X 12 months that $60 bucks add that in with the $40-50 people are paying for the station cash and wow look they are the same....what are you saying you wish you were paying more? hmm i bought a t.v for $2000 and you bought the same T.V for $2500 do you go on about it cause i was a bit better at shopping and saved $500?

You get worse at math -500/200

$14.99 x 12 = $179.88

If you bought it as a flat yearly it's $119.88

Now - on triple I bought 2 $15 cards for $30 at walmart. I got 1 year subscription. Even with the 500 free SC at $60 a year, that is a $29.88 different of SC being cheaper vs a credit card.

Rebate rolls around I still have the SC stored up from the triple. So not only did I get triple SC (2x6 = 12,000) I also got a 50% rebate off my subscription, so I got to keep 6,000 of that 12,000. $15 for a year. $44.88 cheaper than someone paying with a credit card.

SoE cannot take that much of a loss off a subscription and still make a profit. That would be like gamestop instead of offering once you spend thousands at their store a stupid $50 coupon, making membership be buy one brand new game, get 3 free. They'd go under fast.

And "free to play your way" does not mean "you get to be a premium member for free". Please. It means you can be bronze, or silver and not pay monthly. Gold was always, in every game, across the MMO universe meant to be paid for.

I will agree they should have given a warning about it though.

Pakhet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #176
Mathrim
Server: Befallen
Guild: Legion of Legend

Loremaster

At the absolute bare miminum Sony should turn the feature back on for 1 week and email every account a warning that you have 1 week to purchase any game time before the feature is removed.  Either that or allow people to /petition or call customer service and allow them to use their SC for subscription time on a 1 time only conversion.

Screwing people over when they have spent real money to stock up on Station Cash for the express intention of paying their subscription time does not make for a good business practice. The word of mouth and hatred that can spawn from these kind of things will just continue to erode the playerbase even more.

I feel sorry for all of those people with thousands of station cash and unable to use it now.  Either enjoy buying fluff items that you don't want or watch your SC balance sit there and rot. Those seem to be your only options at this point.

Mathrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #177
Kenazeer

Loremaster

Pakhet wrote:

$14.99 x 12 = $179.88

Now - on triple I bought 2 $15 cards for $30 at walmart. I got 1 year subscription. Even with the 500 free SC at $60 a year, that is a $29.88 different of SC being cheaper vs a credit card.

Rebate rolls around I still have the SC stored up from the triple. So not only did I get triple SC (2x6 = 12,000) I also got a 50% rebate off my subscription, so I got to keep 6,000 of that 12,000. $15 for a year. $44.88 cheaper than someone paying with a credit card.

SoE cannot take that much of a loss off a subscription and still make a profit. That would be like gamestop instead of offering once you spend thousands at their store a stupid $50 coupon, making membership be buy one brand new game, get 3 free. They'd go under fast.

And "free to play your way" does not mean "you get to be a premium member for free". Please. It means you can be bronze, or silver and not pay monthly. Gold was always, in every game, across the MMO universe meant to be paid for.

Here's the thing though. How much overhead do I cost? So that is what they need to make to at least break even, and everything after that is profit.

Considering I was abandoning the game completely last December, right before they ran the 3XSC, and I subesquently spent $120 on game cards, which then paid for my subs and other stuff, they got money out of me that they would not have otherwise.

So do I cost them more $120 a year? If not then they came out good because they weren't going to get a cent from otherwise, and wont again after this.

They are trying to sell Malibus at CTS-V prices.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #178
Rendoir

Loremaster

People are really missing the point here.

The point is simply that whether the game is £3.33 or $15 per month, SOE should be glad they are getting anything for it. 

And, when those who after the latest betrayal of customer trust leave, that $3.33 is going to seem so much better than $0.00.

And to do this with no warning? Not even legal. This is 'obtaining money by deception' and I have booked an appointment for monday morning for some legal advice, as I am sure the following applies:

1. It can be shown that SOE management were aware that people were exchanging ingame currency for SC, and that people were exchanging $/£ for SC to then exchange for in game currency.

2. That SOE exploited this situation by running sales events, and promotional events whose sole aim was to encourage people to trade RL currency for Game time via in game currency exchange despite knowing that after allowing people to load accounts up they were going to withdraw this service.

Rendoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #179
Avacii
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Validus

Loremaster

Whilst the previously posted copy of clause C makes this legal it still feels as if SOE has stolen my money as my remaining 16k SC is now worthless to me since I have no desire to buy any other offering from the marketplace. And that's "expensive SC" as it wasn't bought during double/tripe days.

This has also killed any desire to login knowing that when my current subscription expires I won't be renewing since this game is not worth £12/month (Maybe if you fixed itemisation and provided quick and accurate customer service on these forums it would be). But, what's the point of playing a character knowing its destined to /camp forever?

So, Sony, I hope you enjoy that money as its the last you'll ever see from me. I use the word "Sony" because when I'm shopping for a new TV I won't be buying a Sony, when I'm shopping for a new PC I won't be buying a Sony, when I'm shopping for a new Monitor / Laptop / Camcorder / Games Console / Any Other Product Sony Makes I will not be buying Sony and after I've told my friends this story (embellished with honest and accurate accounts of your pathetic customer service) I'll be doing my best to dissuade them from buying Sony too.

Avacii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #180
Shayne74

Loremaster

Pakhet wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

$14.99 x 12 = $179.88

How did i get worse at math? if you read the posts i was going off the numbers that were posted i know the price for subscription been paying the fees since EQ1 launched...

now i would like to know how off 2 $15 cards on triple SC day you managed to get a $119 yearly subscription? not here to go on about math i know numbers.

If some think buying the triple case and using it to buy subscriptions was wrong complain to SOE they were the ones that did it. Now as for using double and triple as an incentive to get people to open thier wallets then just canceling what they clearly know people bought the SC for is just wrong....

Shayne74 is offline   Reply With Quote