EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 02:01 AM   #31
kdmorse

Loremaster

Omougi wrote:

This was something I meant to review and adjust.  Thanks for bringing it up!

Toxnettle Roots will be used instead of Colossal Reactants in these recipes as soon as we can get this change live.

Well... First let me say W00T!.  I think you've managed to put two related arguments to bed with one, simple, non-objectionable change.  Unhooking T9 essences from colossal reactants was always the best solution.

But I have to ask.  Why just Toxnettle Roots?  Would it make more sense for the rare requirements to be spread around a bit?  A firey essence needs a ultrean diamond, and sparkly essence needs brellium, etc....  Doesn't really matter, but it might be at least worth considering spreading the need across all existing T9 rares.

And make it Two rares.  Gotta get the rare market back up on it's feet somehow.  No, Five.  Five rares.

/waits for Meirril to sneak up behind me and slap me upside the head

kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #32
Daisey
Server: Oasis
Guild: Compulsive Harvesters

Loremaster

I'm guessing it is to keep the non-crafters from pitching a fit if the price of their needed rare goes up.  Roots?  Who needs'em?

Daisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:30 AM   #33
wullailhuit

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

Besual wrote:

SOE should change the reactant to a T9 rare (or two or three). Should solve the problem.

And/or add a proc as mentioned up-thread to the crafted decorations only. Sounds fun!

Actually...a damage proc based on the type of decoration used would be a VERY good idea , it would have to be fairly heft single target proc at T9 due to rarity,

Old 03-02-2012, 05:41 AM   #34
Besual

Loremaster

Lodrelhai wrote:

Omougi wrote:

Toxnettle Roots will be used instead of Colossal Reactants in these recipes as soon as we can get this change live.

Thank you!

Now if we could just add essences to non-Legendary gear so we actually have these affects on some of our appearance weapons...

You are right, the essences should be max. master crafted.

Brigant 90 / Alchemist 90
Coercer 90 / Sage 90
Besual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #35
Neskonlith

Loremaster

Omougi wrote:

Any chance this upcoming change will also be applied to the Fabled Food and Drink items?

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #36
MrWolfie

Loremaster

Neskonlith wrote:

Omougi wrote:

Any chance this upcoming change will also be applied to the Fabled Food and Drink items?

What change? The food and drink ALREADY use common materials.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #37
Rijacki

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Neskonlith wrote:

Omougi wrote:

There are some who think they should have been changed to take rares or imbued items or dusts or anything other than -only- commons which diminishes their value.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #38
Elskidor

Loremaster

Precisely. If the fabled food/drink had cost a different rare depending on which food/drink then the market on rares would not have plummeted so hard. There is nothing rare or fabled about the food/drink now....it's a joke.

Elskidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #39
Senya

Loremaster

Omougi wrote:

This is great news!  Thanks, Omougi!

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #40
Katz

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Precisely. If the fabled food/drink had cost a different rare depending on which food/drink then the market on rares would not have plummeted so hard. There is nothing rare or fabled about the food/drink now....it's a joke.

I wouldn't mind the food/drink being heirloom if made with common mats and using a rare if tradeable.  That would help the broker problem.  But I don't see myself looking for rares to make food and drink.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #41
Elskidor

Loremaster

But if you look at ever other food/drink alternative nothing is as remotely tempting to get aside from the fabled tsa ones. It should never had cost a reactant of such value, but a harvested rare seems fitting for the quality of the product. 

Old 03-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #42
Meirril

Loremaster

Rijacki wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Neskonlith wrote:

Omougi wrote:

There are some who think they should have been changed to take rares or imbued items or dusts or anything other than -only- commons which diminishes their value.

I made this argument before the change from colossal to common materials was made. As predicted, most 90 players use nothing but fabled food and drink on their main. 2-3g x2 every 30 min really isn't much of a cost when you can pull in 5-40p an hour if you try. I can make this food/drink but I don't bother to because its so cheap on the broker it isn't worth my time to switch characters.

Dead horse, might as well stop beating it. The time for this argument has past.

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #43
Elskidor

Loremaster

Meirril wrote:

Rijacki wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Neskonlith wrote:

Omougi wrote:

I made this argument before the change from colossal to common materials was made. As predicted, most 90 players use nothing but fabled food and drink on their main. 2-3g x2 every 30 min really isn't much of a cost when you can pull in 5-40p an hour if you try. I can make this food/drink but I don't bother to because its so cheap on the broker it isn't worth my time to switch characters.

Dead horse, might as well stop beating it. The time for this argument has past.

That's what happens when they don't bother listening to their playerbase. Yet, if they changed it now so many people would whine and cry about it being unfair they now have to do something for the quality of the product.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:30 AM   #44
Meirril

Loremaster

I know this is perty much a done deal but I'm going to say it now before it happens.

If the Greater Essences are shifted to use Tox Roots it will kill the market for any of the lesser essences. Basically they will all become vendor trash. Is this really dev's intent to make the rest of the essence itemization obsolete?

Yes, having essences linked to colossal reactants is a bad idea. Having them linked to a t9 rare instead is better? Sure. Is it the best solution? I don't think so.

Maybe introduce an upgrade recipe where you can use a tox root to upgrade each of the 3 lesser quality essences to the next step? This way lesser essences retain some of their value and tox roots start getting used. Or spread out the rare useage so not only one rare is impacted. This may actually make lesser essences go into higher demand.

Alternatively use one of each of the lesser essences which would keep greater essences very rare but would still make them available without consuming a colossal. I feel that might be too rare, but it would be better than the current situation.

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote