EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #211
Meladina
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Honor and Steel

Fansite Staff

Ok I know they've been said but the more we say it the more likely they will listen...right??

Would love to see tapestries (preferably walkthrough) in different solid colors or simple patterns. Like the crimson fire tapestry but in other colors. As well as curtains and rugs.  Please please make them match the sets already in the game. Nothing like trying to find a decent carpet or tapestry for a room when you have say the purple eucalyptus furniture.. or the yellow. Not to mention the pillows that go with them! And you don't need to stop with just the colors of the eucalyptus either!! There are LOTS of colors to choose from! 

Full sets of furniture. The History of Exotic Furnishings  set is a good example chair, couch, bench, bed, desk, end tables, dining tables, pillow..even a crib and a rattle...

Please put leashes on the pets or let us turn them into plushies. They all seem to migrate into one room and stay there. 

Wall paper dividers and tiles.

Dividers to match the houses. The freeport granite, the stucco, the Qeynos wallpaper with wainscoting so we don't have to cover the natural walls just to make the house coheasive.

Half dividers. Half the height all the width, and half the width and all the height. 

Closets we can store appearance gear in, or a usable house chest for storage like a bank for gear.

The sumac paintings NOT on easels. I love the boat schematics but I don't want to be tripping over the easel. and in general MORE paintings and statues, miss the contests and ingame display of the winners. Do that more!

Pipes, faucets, spouts and spigots.  Rip them off the kegs and just give us those for starters!

Glass tiles, just plain clear glass. Windows if you have to have the frame.

Water! Squares, tiles, streams, fountains, all water is good water but we want something that we can work with too. The tapestry works great just chop of the annoying flaming top!

Meladina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #212
Rendoir

Loremaster

I'd like to see game consoles with workable controllers allowing me to play frogger against friends on a flat screen TV.

Shower units.

Spa baths with real bubbles for wierd parties with my freaky online friends. Tehehe.

Flat screen TVs.

I'd like a wood pile outside with a magical huskvana chainsaw and a fuel can for the magical petrol.

I'd like some sort of light fixtures which had some sort of switch to them and maybe a fuse box.

Radiators.

I'd like a working escalator for the Tesco store I am building on my TT isle.

Radiator covers.

Rendoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #213
foodcity

Philosopher

i DESPERATELY want to fly in my tenebrous isle house!!!! it would be AMAZING to be able to fly and place some house items, so you can get a better view from above WITHOUT having to do a lot of jumping around and placing items..... really want to be able to do that with large homes, like the thurgadin grand hall, the storm tower isle, and the tenebrous isle, SC homes SMILEY

also, maybe just some blocks of water that you can stack and swim in?? it would help me, because i really want to make an underwater maze and the water in the tenebrous isle house and the storm tower isle house are far to shallow to do anything with other than put a few tiles or rugs above it and make bathrooms SMILEY

Old 02-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #214
Jute

Loremaster

I have multiple accounts and I would love to have a box to place in my house that would allow me to share items with other characters not on my account (like the storage depot only it would accept anything).  This way trustee access would allow you to add and remove items from the box. 

Jute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #215
Chakoty

Loremaster

Carpenter Reciepe for WallPappers please.. since we cant change the wall or flooring in newer homes no more.. also usable in Guildhalls please.

Chakoty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:52 AM   #216
Snowdonia
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Majestic

Tester

CLEAN white-washed wood textures for walls, floors, and blocks.

Not all wood has to be bare ya know.

Thatch tiles for roofs (hay tiles are too disorderly to count as thatch).

Snowdonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #217
griffon_lady

Loremaster

Oh! another cool thing would be the glowing sigils from around Neriak, like up on the walls around te dock. I'd love to have just the sigils so i could make my own desighns with them. Not sure how that would happen since they appea to be part of the wall though. It would work like a painting, but with bits invisible, like the whispy grass squares, but in a painting format. 0.0 would LOVE to make a neon "OPEN" sign for my provisioner's caff'e. XD

griffon_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #218
Daisey
Server: Oasis
Guild: Compulsive Harvesters

Loremaster

I didn't read the whole thread, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating an idea.  I've spent quite a bit of time the last week or so in Lava Storm.  I want the red lava carpet that they have in there.  I'm not exactly sure what I'd do with it, but I still want it. 

Thanks.

Daisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #219
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

griffon_lady wrote:

Oh! another cool thing would be the glowing sigils from around Neriak, like up on the walls around te dock. I'd love to have just the sigils so i could make my own desighns with them. Not sure how that would happen since they appea to be part of the wall though. It would work like a painting, but with bits invisible, like the whispy grass squares, but in a painting format. 0.0 would LOVE to make a neon "OPEN" sign for my provisioner's caff'e. XD

That's a neat idea.  When they first introduced Neriak, I was so excited to see they had kept the glowing symbols from Neriak in EQ1--that was one of the things I thought was SO COOL when I first started playing that game.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #220
Gwyrdd
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Rift Penumbra

Lord

Paintings of all the playable races, preferably a few choices of each.

I was just putting down another fine painting in my Sarnak's home... pictures of humans and elves and orcs are nice and all as an art afficionado, but I'd like him (or my Iksar, or Froglok, or Ratonga, etc.) to be able to showcase some of his own kin too.

Statuary, same idea, would be grand as well.

~~~Primary Gwyrdd Gwgoedwig~~~

Diplomatic liaison of the Gorowyn Council to the court of Neriak.

Gwyrdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #221
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

I just want to echo: please, whatever you do, make new items available in-game, not just in the marketplace.

Thank you.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #222
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

Okay, two things from The Graveyard I'd like to see added:

I want to be able to make this row of skull wainscotting:

And I want to be able to make these tombs that lie flat on the ground:

Old 02-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #223
d1anaw

Loremaster

roofs. angled squares/rectangles that do not need the editor.

d1anaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #224
tenchgirl15

Loremaster

laundry room stuff! like wash boards in buckets, wash dollies and clothes line. great for basement and outside. SMILEY

[email protected] server in Everquest extended

Justinalyn & [email protected]
tenchgirl15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #225
d1anaw

Loremaster

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but wall tiles that match the floor tiles, in the same size, shape. Add mirror tiles to that for the walls. I would also like to see more accessory type stuff like dishes, etc, but to accomodate those, there'd need to be a big increase in item count. Perhaps multiple places of one item, like tiling a floor would count as 1 instead of individually.

d1anaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #226
Meirril

Loremaster

foodcity wrote:

i DESPERATELY want to fly in my tenebrous isle house!!!! it would be AMAZING to be able to fly and place some house items, so you can get a better view from above WITHOUT having to do a lot of jumping around and placing items..... really want to be able to do that with large homes, like the thurgadin grand hall, the storm tower isle, and the tenebrous isle, SC homes

also, maybe just some blocks of water that you can stack and swim in?? it would help me, because i really want to make an underwater maze and the water in the tenebrous isle house and the storm tower isle house are far to shallow to do anything with other than put a few tiles or rugs above it and make bathrooms

So, what makes you think you'd be able to do something while flying? Currently you can't cast spells or make significant changes on your character while flying. You also can't interact with nodes while flying. Why would you be able to place furniture while flying? I also think to impliment flying in a house they would have to impliment mounts in houses. Do you really want to have people riding around in your house by default?

You can achieve the same effect as flying by using any 2 peices of furniture you can stand on. Personally I use a dresser and a table. Just keep stacking them on top of each other and jumping onto the top one until you get to the proper height. Then place a rug to maintain the same height. I'd suggest several rugs so you can make a scaffolding along the entire wall your working on. If you have a huge house use some of the runners. Your talking like 10 items at most to help you decorate the hard to reach places.

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #227
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Any news?

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #228
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

I was running around grabbing brewday shinies and spotted these in the South Qeynos bar:

Both the cups and the bottles on the counter in the back there would be awesome.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #229
mappam

Loremaster

I would love to see the tiles and dividers of the Normal Maj'Dul homes

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki.html?v=178270

I hope this takes you to the correct picture....It did work for me.

It is basically just white tile flooring and stucco walls.

Also note the ceiling - with the accent color added.

The artwork for these should already be available - how hard would it be to make them craftable for the players?

mappam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #230
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

mappam wrote:

I would love to see the tiles and dividers of the Normal Maj'Dul homes

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki.html?v=178270

I hope this takes you to the correct picture....It did work for me.

It is basically just white tile flooring and stucco walls.

Also note the ceiling - with the accent color added.

The artwork for these should already be available - how hard would it be to make them craftable for the players?

Ohh yes please for that too! SMILEY

Old 03-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #231
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Was doing the chronomission for the Mines of Meldrath today and spotted these in the water:

Plushie, please! SMILEY

Old 03-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #232
tkia

Tester

Cyliena wrote:

Was doing the chronomission for the Mines of Meldrath today and spotted these in the water:

Plushie, please!

In GAME, please!

tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #233
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

tkia wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

Plushie, please!

In GAME, please!

YES! Would make a nice Moonlight Enchantments item, maybe have two and three-eyed versions. SMILEY

Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #234
Zeedlana

Augur

OMG....I so want that little purple dude.

/big ole' sweet Iskar melty eyes -- Please, purdy purdy please!

Heck, I just want a wider variety of fish period. Everything we have is carnivorous. What about a school of koi like the harvesting nodes that I could put in the ponds in my Felwithe home? And I still want the neon tetras and cool pink jelly fish I saw while taking a dip in off the shore in Greater Fay.

And yes, I will keep repeating the fishy requests until I get them.

Antonia Bayle -

Orpiment - Iskar Necro - Decorator junkie lizard

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Zeedlana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #235
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

Meirril wrote:

foodcity wrote:

i DESPERATELY want to fly in my tenebrous isle house!!!! it would be AMAZING to be able to fly and place some house items, so you can get a better view from above WITHOUT having to do a lot of jumping around and placing items..... really want to be able to do that with large homes, like the thurgadin grand hall, the storm tower isle, and the tenebrous isle, SC homes

also, maybe just some blocks of water that you can stack and swim in?? it would help me, because i really want to make an underwater maze and the water in the tenebrous isle house and the storm tower isle house are far to shallow to do anything with other than put a few tiles or rugs above it and make bathrooms

So, what makes you think you'd be able to do something while flying? Currently you can't cast spells or make significant changes on your character while flying. You also can't interact with nodes while flying. Why would you be able to place furniture while flying? I also think to impliment flying in a house they would have to impliment mounts in houses. Do you really want to have people riding around in your house by default?

You can achieve the same effect as flying by using any 2 peices of furniture you can stand on. Personally I use a dresser and a table. Just keep stacking them on top of each other and jumping onto the top one until you get to the proper height. Then place a rug to maintain the same height. I'd suggest several rugs so you can make a scaffolding along the entire wall your working on. If you have a huge house use some of the runners. Your talking like 10 items at most to help you decorate the hard to reach places.

Actually, while wearing my batwings (mount) and working on Ribbitribbitt's guild hall this past weekend, I discovered that yes--you actually can fly and move things about.  I had an item "green" and ready to place and accidentally hit my space bar (which launches me into flight), and lo and behold--I could drag the green item around with me when I flew and place it where I landed.

So yes--flying in house zones would be HUGELY handy.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #236
noluuk

Loremaster

Add pitch and roll to the in game housing item functions. Not all of us want to use the editor program. And add me to the list of folks that want the fish and somebody had mentioned glass panels. Add to that, not putting this stuff on SmedCash Marketplace.

noluuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #237
Barq Bandit

Loremaster

There's one house item in particular I would LOVE to see show up next Tinkerfest.

There's a door in Klak'Anon that the non-interactive "sturdy control room door" takes it's model from.  In Klak'Anon, you click on it, and it slides upwards, and then back down.

Using the existing doors as a model, I would like this effect to be recreated in a house item version, but with an appropriate mechanical sound effect instead of the wood-door-opening/closing sound.  So instead of swinging open, it would slide upwards and have a different sound for opening and closing than the other doors.

Here's the non-interactive house item I mentioned:

http://everseek.com/main.php?ms=&mn...gle=on&fid=3717

Old 03-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #238
Gigv

Loremaster

Real looking windows, more furniture recipes, and ways to change walls to wall paper and colors. 

Thanks

Riverat

Gigv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #239
Championchains

Lord

I'm currently working on a pretty big project and there is a building block set not in game that would be absolutely perfect for my project: mossy fir, just like the fir table set. Or just more kinds of stone building blocks. We have several wood variations, but very little variety for stone. These would be great when designing castles/keeps/temples or just stone walls in general.

Also, more plushies (I'm looking at you, Froglok slaves). Corpses would be nice too. What Iksar home is complete without a Froglok that's been beaten to a pulp for not chopping that firewood enthusiastically enough? The project I'm currently working on has fortified walls. Some guard plushies would be ideal. What if there was a generic "blank" humanoid that you could get and choose a gender, race and appearance. And then also put armor on (just like mercenaries where it equips but doesn't permanently attach the armor to the paperdoll slots). I know this one is pretty involved. But about 10 of these that I could customize as guards would be PERFECT for my current project. As well as about 10 generic Froglok slaves...for beating. And cooking Froglegs.

More trees and shrubbery.

More statues.

Canoe/boat bases for outdoor zones with water areas.

Terrain blocks: like hills so that we can add elevated areas to outdoor housing. And water tiles so that we can add creeks, waterfalls, ponds, harbors, etc to our prestige houses. I've specifically got the Storm Tower Isle (wish I could have purchased it without the tower), and it would be awesome to be able to add a pond at the top with a waterfall and a stream leading out to the sea. Also rocks, various shape/color rocks.

Also: ROLL AND PITCH in the default housing controls.

Championchains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #240
Zeedlana

Augur

I want houses that don't eat half my items after I spent a couple hours building something out of various pieces of furniture.

And frameless glass tiles.

And don't forget the fishies.

Antonia Bayle -

Orpiment - Iskar Necro - Decorator junkie lizard

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Zeedlana is offline   Reply With Quote