EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
shots01

Lord

This is the Nek castle quest.  I tried to do it last year and again this year, and just can't get past the first or 2nd ..traps.

I am running it on characters that do not have disarm.  I believe there is something on the floor that you step on

that causes the trap to fall?  I have been unable to get around this.  Last year I ended up giving up cause I got tired of getting smooshed and dying.

Advice please on how to complete this quest on a lvl 17 bug wizard.  Thank you!.  P.S. I don't use mercs.

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Deago

Loremaster

Whats love? but a second hand emotion....  

Does that help? SMILEY

Old 02-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Raknid

Loremaster

Deago wrote:

Does that help?

Who needs a heard when a heart can be broken?

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
Marnus
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Tandros os Thol

Loremaster

What server are you on friend? If you're on AB, i will gladly come help you with one of my characters that can disarm-i do not know of any way to get around it, as i haven't tried the quest with a non scout or healer before.

Marnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
Deago

Loremaster

w00t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCBttS_y7lE

time to get my soul on SMILEY lol

Old 02-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
shots01

Lord

Deago wrote:

Does that help?

LOL.  Sure.

I also was wondering where can I get more tokens at?

Old 02-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
shots01

Lord

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

What server are you on friend? If you're on AB, i will gladly come help you with one of my characters that can disarm-i do not know of any way to get around it, as i haven't tried the quest with a non scout or healer before.

Freeport and I thought it was solo.... Ok so maybe I can talk hubby into coming with me on his ranger then....grins evilly.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
Brigh

Loremaster

run, stop, use heal pots/time, run again?

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #9
shots01

Lord

Brigh wrote:

run, stop, use heal pots/time, run again?

Heal pot as in stop and heal up?

Spirit of the wolf totems to run faster perhaps?

Old 02-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
Marnus
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Tandros os Thol

Loremaster

I was able to drag my healer merc in with me-not sure if that counts-never tried with another actual player though

Marnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
shots01

Lord

I played DDO for 4.5 years...

I've played EQ2 for about as long.. 2006 to present with a year off on both.

I am dead set against usage of hirelings (ddo) and mercs (eq2).  Its just a personal thing.  I refuse to use them.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #12
Daisey
Server: Oasis
Guild: Compulsive Harvesters

Loremaster

Is that the anvil thing?  I didn't even realize that you could disarm it.  I just run through it and get squished, and then continue on.  It hurts but doesn't kill me.  A level 39 ranger doesn't have that many hps.  Is the problem that you are dying or just can't disarm it?  I think it knocked my ranger down to about half health.  I dunno anything about the other trap.  I guess I just didn't notice it when I went through.  I didn't even know I got squished when I used my guardian to do the quest.

Daisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
Daisey
Server: Oasis
Guild: Compulsive Harvesters

Loremaster

As far as tokens go... You can get tokens over and over doing the race in Antonica or Commonlands.  If you can get one char (maybe not your wizzy) through the nek castle thingy you can farm the Shard of Love instance for candies/notes and exchange them for tokens.

Daisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #14
Finora

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Is that the anvil thing?  I didn't even realize that you could disarm it.  I just run through it and get squished, and then continue on.  It hurts but doesn't kill me.  A level 39 ranger doesn't have that many hps.  Is the problem that you are dying or just can't disarm it?  I think it knocked my ranger down to about half health.  I dunno anything about the other trap.  I guess I just didn't notice it when I went through.  I didn't even know I got squished when I used my guardian to do the quest.

This, none of the traps in the instance should be killing anyone who is at full health.

I've done this every year with a wide variety of characters ranging from my max level chars to newbie chars I got to lvl 10 just so I could get the aa while I ran through everything. I've never had any of them die from a trap in that instance since it was first on test. There's a button on the floor that you can click in the area before the lich thing even if you do not have disarm trap, but you still get stunned (even if you have disarm trap).

I just don't enter the areas with the traps until I am full health.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
Deago

Loremaster

For tokens get to the shard of love quest and do not finish it (clicking vases) just kill all the mobs and wait around 20min for it to reset outside and go back in etc.. I was getting 50+ tokens per run sometimes.

Or if you have alts that are at that step you can just swap and keep it running and you will get more then enough tokens for whatever you need SMILEY

Easy.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #16
shots01

Lord

My baby wizzie unfortunately LOL is the only one that i have done the entire chain on.  Except for my lvl 66 SK...shh I didnt say that.

My wizzie is the one on that part.  Lvl 17 with under 1k hp.  I will try SoW totems and see if i can sprint through the traps.

As for the Shard of love ideas, thank you LOL.  If i can get her that far will give it a try.

Antonica race, I .... guess I am not very good at it.  The most essences I have collected was 26 and got 2 tokens for it.  But two was better than 1 LOL.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #17
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

The anvil trap cannot be disarmed and only does a percentage of your health to you, therefore it should not kill you. It's wise to pull the rats and regen from that fight before charging through the anvil trap, however.

The rusty spikes traps really do a small amount of damage. Even my scouts rarely "disarm" them successfully, so it's at the point where I just don't bother anymore.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #18
shots01

Lord

Thanks all for your help.

I had hubby catch up to me .. then prayed when I entered Nek Castle that he would come in as well LOL.  he did.

He was on his ranger.  but was unable to disarm the first smoosh trap.  Kept getting smooshed everytime he tried so we finally just went on.  Had no real problems after that first trap.

Shard of love was a blast.  We did finish it but I have other people I can run through it.  We didn't get 50 tokens but got a fair amount.  Was a lot of fun.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #19
shots01

Lord

Cyliena wrote:

The anvil trap cannot be disarmed and only does a percentage of your health to you, therefore it should not kill you. It's wise to pull the rats and regen from that fight before charging through the anvil trap, however.

The rusty spikes traps really do a small amount of damage. Even my scouts rarely "disarm" them successfully, so it's at the point where I just don't bother anymore.

Well..............it WILL kill you........if you don't move... and continue to stand under it... with wife telling you to move.. as your life keeps going down each time you get smooshed.. till you finally die....

men...i swear...