EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
Keikoku
Server: Permafrost

Loremaster

Since there wasn't a formal announcement on the forums, I got an email several hours ago about Double SC this weekend for cards bought at a CVS Pharmacy.  Just thought I'd pass that to people so they can get some.   Apparently started at 12:01am this morning and goes till the 22nd.

Keikoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
Lempo

Loremaster

Maybe they will add an Fix-an-item option to the SC shop. Where for the low low price of 1995 SC points you can have an item that only has STR and STA, but should have AGI as well fixed. OR add WIS or INT to an item that has one but not the other.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
Andok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Maybe they will add an Fix-an-item option to the SC shop. Where for the low low price of 1995 SC points you can have an item that only has STR and STA, but should have AGI as well fixed. OR add WIS or INT to an item that has one but not the other.

I would pay 1995 SC to rid this forum of constant, inane complaining. 

Andok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
Nrgy

Lord

Who do I talk to over @SOE that can help me push my daughters entrepreneurial endevors?  You know, we could get a cute little print put on the cards and sell them next to the Thanks-A-Lot™ or Do-Si-Dos™,  attach some double SC and watch them fly off the shelf.  I'll just have to find out what the kick-back percentage is becasue we already have to kick-back >50% to the "council" and there is not a lot of overhead left if the girls want to go to camp.

Nrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
Amnerys

Community Team

PLEASE NOTE: This is only for the FREE REALMS branded cards purchased at CVS,and redeemed between January 20, 2012, at 12.01 a.m. PST and January 22, 2012, at 11.59 p.m. PST. You can use these cards to add SC to your wallet and use that SC in EQII, but the bonus is only on these cards.

The SOE branded cards are not included in the bonus.

For full details, see this link.

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
Foretold
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Rage

Loremaster

Thanks for re-railing the thread.  I thought it was only for Free Realms, I was not aware the Free Realms cards could still be used on EQ2 items.  I guess I need to stop by the CVS tonight SMILEY

Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
Keikoku

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

PLEASE NOTE: This is only for the FREE REALMS branded cards purchased at CVS,and redeemed between January 20, 2012, at 12.01 a.m. PST and January 22, 2012, at 11.59 p.m. PST. You can use these cards to add SC to your wallet and use that SC in EQII, but the bonus is only on these cards.

Seeing as we can use them, why wasn't it announced to the EQ2 community?

Old 01-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
Nrgy

Lord

This is just a forum of Direct Marketing .. we should all be glad, no?  Station Cash is Station Cash regardless of which SOE product it is used in or advertised for.  Why are the Wal-Mart (tm) 1500 SC cards the only ones being sold which grant a +500SC bonus?  I'd guess that is a SOE/Wal-Mart marketing agreement.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
Keikoku

Loremaster

Nrgy wrote:

This is just a forum of Direct Marketing .. we should all be glad, no?  Station Cash is Station Cash regardless of which SOE product it is used in or advertised for.  Why are the Wal-Mart (tm) 1500 SC cards the only ones being sold which grant a +500SC bonus?  I'd guess that is a SOE/Wal-Mart marketing agreement.

Right.  I mean it's all good that it's limited to these particular cards, but why not advertise it to all SOE games?  Honestly, how many people would have missed this opportunity at double SC if I hadn't brought it up?

Old 01-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #10
Daisey
Server: Oasis
Guild: Compulsive Harvesters

Loremaster

Do you just redeem them like any SC card?  You don't have to go into Free Realms to do it do ya? 

Daisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Nrgy wrote:

Right.  I mean it's all good that it's limited to these particular cards, but why not advertise it to all SOE games?  Honestly, how many people would have missed this opportunity at double SC if I hadn't brought it up?

seems how i didnt get the email , i would have missed it for sure .

i got 3 cvs's withing 19 miles of me , im going to be going out and checking for some cards this weekend.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #12
Nrgy

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Do you just redeem them like any SC card?  You don't have to go into Free Realms to do it do ya? 

I am pretty sure that is correct .. any SOE SC card just adds SC to your SOE wallet... regardless of the game you are using it in.

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Nrgy wrote:

I would NOT be suprised that the Free Realms customer database was detacted from the EQ2 customer database where the emial contact information would be stored, especially after last Mays fiasco.  I checked my SOE registered email account(s) and the only gaming ads I got today were for SW:tOR.

It would be fair to think that the Free Realm folks didn't get informed about EQ2 double SC events in the recent past as well, which I'd think they would have enjoyed equally.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #13
Daisey
Server: Oasis
Guild: Compulsive Harvesters

Loremaster

Thanks Nrgy, I've never actually redeemed a card and wasn't sure how it worked. LOL  I actually left some cash in my Paypal account because of the triple sc day.  Of course once I did that they did the double on any card, and I couldn't find any.  Now I'm gonna try again and see if I can successfully fund my wallet.  I have more trouble giving these people my money...

Daisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #14
Nrgy

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Thanks Nrgy, I've never actually redeemed a card and wasn't sure how it worked. LOL  I actually left some cash in my Paypal account because of the triple sc day.  Of course once I did that they did the double on any card, and I couldn't find any.  Now I'm gonna try again and see if I can successfully fund my wallet.  I have more trouble giving these people my money...

LOL right, similar thing happened to my brother ... went to Wally#1 and found no cards, drove cross town to Wally#2 and found no cards, drove across town again to Wally#3 and found no cards, bought a prepaid CC from Wally#3 and setup a CC wallet.  carzy.  This was of course on the triple weekend, just didn't know there were that many SC users in my town.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #15
Tigress

Loremaster

Nrgy wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I am pretty sure that is correct .. any SOE SC card just adds SC to your SOE wallet... regardless of the game you are using it in.

hmm... not sure abt that bc this is an exclusive promo to promote the FR cards sold at CVS.  even if you do have to go to FR, its really not hard at all.  you already have a FR acct bc its auto granted with your station acct.  (i.e., same login & PW as your EQ2 acct.)  you'd simply click the REDEEM CODE button on the title page of FR, log in & enter code.  i doubt that you'll have to make a character.  but if you do, the game is not that extensive. 

i usually enter all SC cards on the FR site, use the site for tickets and more bc it is the most user-friendly application.

http://www.freerealms.com/

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
Lempo

Loremaster

Andok wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

A real effort put forth to fix game issues would stem a lot of the complaints on here.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #17
S_M_I_T_E

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

So sit tight on my SOE 15+500 cards I pre-bought for the next DSC or TSC event in EQ2 since by the time I get to wal-mart they're gone...  Got it. 

Really though isn't it obvious that if the SC items were actually 'micro' transactions of $5-$10 for mounts as they happen to be under a DSC or TSC that more sales volume will ensue?  With TSC SOE basically is putting their hopes that players will nickel and dime at least $30 a month in SC items to actually obtain whatever 'cut' of RL $ the retailers pass on to SOE that even looks like $15 a month.

Why do we have to be herded into waiting to buy physical cards that a retailer gets a cut of SOE profit when it would be more effective to keep 100% of the profit by skipping the whole retail front to begin with?  The presence of those cards on a shelf doesn't have new people playing the game who wouldn't already seek it to begin with.

Free Realms and Clone Wars actually have commercials are cartoon network so that's quite a bit of visibility right there without card face time.  The strategy to get the 'next' generation after the WOW group is on target though.

S_M_I_T_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #18
shots01

Lord

Amnerys wrote:

Sigh.. once again, double sc at a time when I don't get paid till the 23rd.

I cannot tell you how many of these bonus weekends I have missed cause I get paid on Mondays.

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
Andok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Andok wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

A real effort put forth to fix game issues would stem a lot of the complaints on here.

I doubt that.  SoE fixes game issues all the time (feel free to browse through years of patch notes) and the inane complaining keeps going strong.

Andok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
General_Info

Lord

shots01 wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

I cannot tell you how many of these bonus weekends I have missed cause I get paid on Mondays.

well you do realize you could stash $25 when you get paid and spend it when there is another double weekend and then the next paycheck you put away another $25 dollars for the next time so you never miss out.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #21
Nrgy

Lord

Andok wrote:

I doubt that.  SoE fixes game issues all the time (feel free to browse through years of patch notes) and the inane complaining keeps going strong. 
  • One of those says ... Fixed Itemization
  • One of those says ... ReFixed Itemization
  • we are just waiting for the next LAST one that says the same thing
Old 01-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #22
shots01

Lord

I didn't get the e-mail either which surprises me.

As to putting away money.... Real life comes first.  Got bills to finish paying off.

So, I keep my fingers crossed that one of these times I WILL be able to take advantage of the double sc weekends LOL.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
shots01

Lord

Nrgy wrote:

Andok wrote:

• One of those says ... Fixed Itemization
  • we are just waiting for the next LAST one that says the same thing

says........the same thing. 

Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #24
Lempo

Loremaster

Andok wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Ok I know you will not even give this a bit of thought, at least I think you won't because it almost seems as if you are trolling me, but I'll bite.

There are more items right now than I care to list from the current raid zones that are either for fighters and scouts, or mages and priests and have STR and not AGI, or WIS and not INT making them worthless to the class that they are taking a space in the loot table for which have been broken for >6 months. They could fix as many of these items in the same amount of time as the potions that were coming from the TS assistants which they changed from NO-TRADE to HEIRLOOM and the very same day you had people MOANING that they didn't stack in a large enough quantity, in under 1.5 hours Omougi was on it, changing them to 200, then someone started crying their GUILD LOGS were being spammed by this and within 2 hours of the post Omugi popped in and said "I'll fix that too!" changing the items from fabled to treasured. http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=513833. Now Omougi seems to be a go-getter here and that is a good thing, but people have been asking for MONTHS on end to get the right stats on these other items and getting no response or we'll look into it.

There is no more involvement in fixing either, the potions were changed not 1, not 2 but 3 times in a matter of hours.

So when I say

it is not baseless, the past 5 updates 10 items have been fixed, several adding Beastlords, a few adding red adorn slots, re-fixing an item that they broke because whoever was doing it was "phoning it in" or making bows use arrows instead of throiwing ammo. The items that are lacking a particular stat making them wortless to a class they are for remain untouched.

So why don't you try again.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #25
Keikoku

Loremaster

Can a Mod lock this up?  This went from talking about Double SC to something completely irrelevant to the thread.  God forbid someone make a thread that's, you know, positive.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #26
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

S_M_I_T_E wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

So sit tight on my SOE 15+500 cards I pre-bought for the next DSC or TSC event in EQ2 since by the time I get to wal-mart they're gone...  Got it. 

Really though isn't it obvious that if the SC items were actually 'micro' transactions of $5-$10 for mounts as they happen to be under a DSC or TSC that more sales volume will ensue?  With TSC SOE basically is putting their hopes that players will nickel and dime at least $30 a month in SC items to actually obtain whatever 'cut' of RL $ the retailers pass on to SOE that even looks like $15 a month.

Why do we have to be herded into waiting to buy physical cards that a retailer gets a cut of SOE profit when it would be more effective to keep 100% of the profit by skipping the whole retail front to begin with?  The presence of those cards on a shelf doesn't have new people playing the game who wouldn't already seek it to begin with.

Free Realms and Clone Wars actually have commercials are cartoon network so that's quite a bit of visibility right there without card face time.  The strategy to get the 'next' generation after the WOW group is on target though.

and for those of us who do not use credit cards and buy those station cash cards with cash where would that leave us and the money SoE gets from us HMMM?

Old 01-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #27
TJackal

Loremaster

I've never even heard of CVS Pharmacy.  Checked out their website and it looks like they don't have one in the state of CO.  I tried to see where CVS Pharmacy does have stores, but couldn't even find a map. 

TJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #28
Felshades

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

shots01 wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

well you do realize you could stash $25 when you get paid and spend it when there is another double weekend and then the next paycheck you put away another $25 dollars for the next time so you never miss out.

Or just buy the cards when you have money and redeem them when theres a weekend.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #29
Felshades

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I've never even heard of CVS Pharmacy.  Checked out their website and it looks like they don't have one in the state of CO.  I tried to see where CVS Pharmacy does have stores, but couldn't even find a map. 

It's a large chain that's bought out a few of the smaller chains in certain areas. Like back in my hometown they bought out Revco and RiteAid.

We have them here in Northern California, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Washington. States I've lived in.

This is their location requirements before they'll put one in:

Locations

1. Highly visible — we require pylon sign identity.
  2. Easy access — with traffic control.
  3. High traffic locations.
  4. Free standing sites with drive-thru pharmacy capability, 1.5 - 2.0 acres.
  5. Parking for 75 to 85 vehicles.
  6. Minimum of 18,000 people in a trade area.

CVS Caremark is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States.

As of September 30, 2011, we employ approximately 200,000 colleagues in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We operate more than 7,300 retail stores, 31 specialty pharmacy stores, 32 apothecary pharmacy stores, 13 specialty mail order pharmacies, four mail order pharmacies, and our CVS.com and Caremark.com websites.

And according to coroporate, there are stores in CO.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #30
Guy De Alsace

Loremaster

I guess this was US only again?

Guy De Alsace is offline   Reply With Quote