EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 05:06 AM   #121
Tenka
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

there aren't enough participants to support the other maps anymore. still pretty blown away that there was no hotfix. they had a big [Removed for Content] in the lobby that was driving customers away but no one cleaned it up. dub tee eff yoe
Tenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #122
Balrok

Loremaster

Add Velious faction to all Battlegrounds.  Velious faction is used for gear that is used in ALL Battlegrounds.  Forcing players to do ONE Battleground for this new gear is backfiring now.  It's killing the battleground community.  Seriously, everyday.... less and less.  Let me repeat this point... needed faction only rewarded with 1 BG map is killing Battlegrounds.  It's not thriving.. it's dieing fast. 

Note... this is about the 10th time I've said this alone.  Do something or post something about why you won't.

Thank you for your time.

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #123
Muusic
Server: Venekor
Guild: New Age

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

On some points, like getting faction for The Frozen Tundra only, that is how the system was set up to be.

(The customer will accept whatever we give them, tell them how it is and expect them to be grateful for it?) 

You get armor from doing the latest Battleground.   You are still able to get all other armor from going the other Battleground, but if you want the new one, then you are to do the new Battleground.

("You are to do the new battleground" is this sounding less like customer service and more like a command to anyone else?)

Should that need change?  Perhaps, but it is not something that is high on the priority at this time compared to other issues being reported.

("Perhaps"? A Large amount of your subscribers are asking for this change, shouldn't it be somehwat of a high priority?)

The issue with the PvE targets in the Frozen Tundra is due to the point value they currently grant vs. fighting other people.   We also have reports that some stats may not be working correctly during a Battleground.  All things that are going to need code solutions to make sure that they are working correctly.   When all things are working correctly based on your feedback, we believe this would be a fun fight.   

Overall, the changes are coming, but not in the time frame we would like.  We apologize for that in advance, and hope to make all Battleground fights competitive and fun. 

Olihin

The general impression im getting from this message is that regardless of how much we as the customer want something different, our requests are "not something that is high on the priority at this time". If we want to experience the game at its latest level of development we are limited to 1 (one) BG choice until we test out all the bugs.

Please make the change to allow faction to be earned through ALL BG's, i'm sure it's a long and tedious task but it should be a priority to listen to what many of your customers are asking for. You have made an outstanding leap forward in his GU in the direction of attempting balancing and risk vs. reward. Im not trying to be insulting jsut asking you to be objective for a second and listen to your playerbase regarding this.

Muusic 92-320AA Troub/92 Grandmaster Jeweler-Antonia Bayle

Imyourr 92-320AA Dirge/92 Grandmaster Tailor-Venekor born

Wecanbe 92 - 320AA Warden/92 Grandmaster Provisioner

Myndtrixx 92/320AA Illusionist - Antonia bayle

Avithax 92 - 320AA Shadowknight - Nagafen

Silencess 92-320AA Conji/92 Grandmaster Sage- Venekor born

Alisylent 92/320AA Ranger/92 Grandmaster Weaponsmith- Antonia Bayle

Amphlify 92 - 320AA Dirge Antonia Bayle

Smiiles 92-320AA Monk/92 Grandmaster Jeweler-Antonia Bayle

Avithax 92 - 320AA Shadowknight/92 Grandmaster Alchemist - Antonia Bayle

Playforr - 92/320AA Defiler - Antonia Bayle

Muusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #124
Rigid
Server: Vox
Guild: Storms Brew

Loremaster

I agree.. Today there wasn't even enough people in to fill both sides. The last one I ran had 6 vs 7.

Rigid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #125
Raiwon

Loremaster

Seriously this has been going on for to long,

The other BGs should give faction asap,as it is now BGs are 75% broken so this should be a priority update...

Raiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:24 AM   #126
Vaylan77

Loremaster

yesterday i was queued for all bgs with my 59 ranger and at that tier nothing pops up anyway so after some hours tundra popped and i zoned in and voilà no one of the attendants was in a team, all names were just white. so after some hours queuing i am zoned into a BUGGED tundra bg!lol

Vaylan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #127
Rigid

Loremaster

You guys asked for feedback and some of us took the timer to give it. At this point less than 36 end game people are using this map and BGs at any given time. I know you guys wanted us to play the new map and earn gear through it but the old maps are broken and we were forced to play nothing but the new. Most of us have the faction and the gear but still can't play the old maps and honestly don't like the new map or are just bored with it. I personally hate the [Removed for Content] stuns and roots off the npcs. I throw a group heal and catch all their agro while an assasin and swash have their way with my backside. Yeah,  I would log in with a tank friend to help with that but half the [Removed for Content] time he ends up on the other team when we que in together.

I mean how many people were doing BGs before the GU compared to now? I think it is time to rethink the idea of faction only on this map, fix the issues with other maps, and allow us to que in together if we hit que group.

At least throw us a bone to let us know what the plans are.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #128
Cruelst
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Annihilation

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You guys asked for feedback and some of us took the timer to give it. At this point less than 36 end game people are using this map and BGs at any given time. I know you guys wanted us to play the new map and earn gear through it but the old maps are broken and we were forced to play nothing but the new. Most of us have the faction and the gear but still can't play the old maps and honestly don't like the new map or are just bored with it. I personally hate the [Removed for Content] stuns and roots off the npcs. I throw a group heal and catch all their agro while an assasin and swash have their way with my backside. Yeah,  I would log in with a tank friend to help with that but half the [Removed for Content] time he ends up on the other team when we que in together.

I mean how many people were doing BGs before the GU compared to now? I think it is time to rethink the idea of faction only on this map, fix the issues with other maps, and allow us to que in together if we hit que group.

At least throw us a bone to let us know what the plans are.

I agree completely, and for the record I think you are the third person to request some sort of update status and the only response has been one of the SOE employees defending the current setup......

SOE: Just come on out and check out the ghosttown you guys created.

At least we dont have to worry about the BG servers getting overtaxed.

-----------------------------------------------

Cruelst 90/320 Assassin - 92 Woodworker

Croolst 90/320 Defiler - 92 Provisioner

Cruolst 90/320 Guardian - 92 Alchemist

Jenskin 90/320 Troubadoor - 92 Sage

Highjaxx 90/320 Shadowknight - 92 Weaponsmith

Croalst 45 Conjuror - 92 Carpenter

Jaelk - 39 Ranger (BG's) - 92 Armorsmith

Kruelst - 39 Templar (BG's) - 92 Tailor

Robskin - 39 Shadowknight (BG's) - 92 Jeweler
Cruelst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #129
Delethen
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Arch of Chaos

Loremaster

The impression I get is that SoE has just one part time programmer who job shares with the guy who does all the marketplace appearance items.  Unfortunately because marketplace cash is so much more important than fixing the multitude of bugs and issues that have been apparent for an entire month now without being rectified (except for changing the hp on the relic, that was a hard one for sure), the part time programmer guy is only working Friday afternoons, and probably is about to go on his summer holiday anyway.

I'd ask for some kind of estimate on when at least a few of the known issues would be addressed, but I know already that the answer, if there even was one, would just be 'soon(tm)', which is only marginally faster than any request that gets referred to the 'itemisation gods' (aka not in this lifetime).

Delethen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #130
Muusic
Server: Venekor
Guild: New Age

Loremaster

Bueller......   Bueller......  

Muusic 92-320AA Troub/92 Grandmaster Jeweler-Antonia Bayle

Imyourr 92-320AA Dirge/92 Grandmaster Tailor-Venekor born

Wecanbe 92 - 320AA Warden/92 Grandmaster Provisioner

Myndtrixx 92/320AA Illusionist - Antonia bayle

Avithax 92 - 320AA Shadowknight - Nagafen

Silencess 92-320AA Conji/92 Grandmaster Sage- Venekor born

Alisylent 92/320AA Ranger/92 Grandmaster Weaponsmith- Antonia Bayle

Amphlify 92 - 320AA Dirge Antonia Bayle

Smiiles 92-320AA Monk/92 Grandmaster Jeweler-Antonia Bayle

Avithax 92 - 320AA Shadowknight/92 Grandmaster Alchemist - Antonia Bayle

Playforr - 92/320AA Defiler - Antonia Bayle

Muusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #131
XXNIGHTANGELXX

Loremaster

Come on Olihin respond or something , waiting on red names! If they track BG population then they already know they've killed BG's. BG's was the only thing that i enjoyed in eq2. Fix this already. OLIHIN , why dont you just log in yourself and see how bad a mess SoE has made BG's. Do you actually play BG's? i would love to go against your toon with some exploits.

XXNIGHTANGELXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #132
Rigid

Loremaster

Ignore the problem it will go away.....

Oh wait it already has I just sat 30 minutes for a que in to Tundra before I just logged out.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #133
Lethe5683

Loremaster

In a temporary lapse of better judgment I gave the BGs another try and it was even more horrendous than I remember.  Get your act together SoE, no one likes this steaming pile of crap known as "The frozen tundra".

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #134
Vaylan77

Loremaster

since gu60 i hardly played any bgs anymore and i loved gears and ganak but they rarely pop. i played tundra for like 3 days and got sick of it completely. soe ruined a large part of fun i had in this game and still do they nothing although a lot of players seem to have the same problem like me nowadays...

Old 07-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #135
Careisa

Loremaster

This is what we seem to have so far.

On 5/31/11, Olihin created this thread and ask for feedback. He also stated that they were looking to balance hit points and damage across the various tiers and hoped to make the objectives objectives clear and obtainable.

From us... lots of feedback and some complaints.

On 6/14/11, Olihin advised they appreciated the feedback and  there had been some changes made (guess I missed those).  Given limited time they are prioritizing what changes to make but these posts are always being read and evaluated by the designers resposible for the area.

From us... some feedback and more complaints.

On 6/21/11, Olihin stated that you would have to do DoV content to get DoV gear. You can do earlier content to get that gear if you so choose (It would be nice if you could actually do that content). This might need to change, but it's not a very high priority.

Overall, the changes are coming, but not in the time frame we would like.  We apologize for that in advance, and hope to make all Battleground fights competitive and fun.  (This will be nice for the last three people playing battlegrounds).

From us... lots of frustration.

This post was pretty much a waste of a few minutes of break time at work. I don't expect it to change anything, but I do feel a bit better.

Zachery

Careisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #136
Makembleed
Guild: D O O M

Loremaster

Olihin, no disrespect intended, but your most recent post illustrates a profound disconnect with reality.  You ASSUME there is a strong and vibrant BG community, where choices exist as to maps, etc.  Have you actually checked to see what is really going on??  The BGs are dieing, FAST, and in some tiers is dead.  Why?  All the reasons are stated clearly here.  Are you listening?  Come on!      

Makembleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #137
Rigid

Loremaster

C'mon let us know what is up and what the plan is.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #138
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

He kinda did with his last post in the thread. Basically, it's going to be a while before any bugs are fixed, and there are no plans to let the other maps reward faction. Low on priorities, other things to do, etc. Pretty much what you see is what you get.

Also, he posted somewhere that he does play BGs on a regular character with in game friends, so he knows what's up.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #139
Ilovecows
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

Tundra killed BGs.  that is all.

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #140
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Tundra Olihin killed BGs.  that is all.

fify

A Cure For Cancer
Old 07-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #141
swerve126

Loremaster

Tundra Killed BGs!  Why is it still set up this way?  You have to know that no one plays anymore.  Not to be mean but the new map is lame, BIG TIME LAME!  And it seems that it is so lame that you force people to play it.  Who ever made this decision should really be fired for not fixing it.  If you want to do faction, because I guess grinding tokens is not enough for some reason, then at least make the faction for all maps so people will still play, and then on days with the tundra quest we can just opt out and skip that day.  Hurry, fix this...I miss my BG time...

PS: I have played eq2 from launch and played eq1 for years and I have never , never , ever left feed back, but this is a [Removed for Content] joke.  I don't think I have ever seen anything die so fast.  Even disco had a better run.

swerve126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #142
swerve126

Loremaster

Remove head from sphincter;  Then Code!

Old 07-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #143
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

I queued for a match this morning. Got Tundra of course, and it was 4v0. Why is it always Tundra [Removed for Content]? If there's only 4 players it should be 2v2 Gears. Tundra is 18v18, why would that even spawn? BGs are terrible. And it's so not a priority it will never be fixed. If SOE wants to have such a great competitive game... decent PvP is kind of important. Not what kind of rainbow happy time fun appearance mounts are available for real life cash.

A Cure For Cancer
Old 07-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #144
Vaylan77

Loremaster

man i miss bgs of old days - had made 2 new toons in between now and would be perfect to run them in bgs but its pointless. you queue for ages even in t4 (you hardly have no chance btw if you queue with a group either), i dont pick up the dailies anymore because they never pop anyway. getting 50 kills in smugglers after tundra was released is impossible!i miss ganak, i almost never pops anymore. smugglers is completely dead and the fun in gears is dead also because no one wants to play a 3vs3 - gears was always full before and if it was daily it popped in 1 minute and if it wasnt the daily it might took you 5 mins (spoken for t4 of course). it's all gone.tundra map still sucks majorly and even there the numbers have dropped dramatically. when it came out ppl grinded tundra cause of the faction but i think most ppl just got bored by it and today there isn't a x4 anymore playing this on every side.i think every other company would have pulled the plug long time ago and reset the whole bg setting to what is was before. only soe is riding this dead horse to finally get the bg community down to 0. actually it's no shame to say that a feature was not as good as expected and is removed. but keeping this feature and still tell the community that this is exactly what it should be is ignorant and the financial stakeholders should beat the crap out of soe for that decission.i think tundra was the biggest fail in this game ever and even worse, it's not just a fail but this single map single-handedly destroyed the complete bg-ecosystem in the game. if tundra was just a map that failed - who would care, cause you could skip it like i skipped smuggler's den but the fact it brought faction grinding in the game ruined all other bg maps completely.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:45 AM   #145
DHAELUS

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

On some points, like getting faction for The Frozen Tundra only, that is how the system was set up to be.  You get armor from doing the latest Battleground.   You are still able to get all other armor from going the other Battlegrounds, but if you want the new one, then you are to do the new Battleground.  Should that need change?  Perhaps, but it is not something that is high on the priority at this time compared to other issues being reported.  

I usually don't post on forums but I just wanted to comment that no one is doing the other battlegrounds (in t4 I don't know about the other tiers), at least not in the frequency as they used to. The other day after doing a few frozen tundra matches I decided to try a gears match with my illy and after two hours a queue went up and it was  2v1.

Truthfully I could care less about the new armor but would actually like play & have fun doing battlegrounds and not have to wait.

Like many others are requesting, please have all BG reward faction. If you still want people to play Frozen Tundra then have it reward the most faction compared to other BG's but please don't let Battlegrounds die.

DHAELUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:40 AM   #146
Jacquotte
Guild: Verdict

Loremaster

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

Please provide your feedback regarding the new battleground here.

We are looking to balance the hit points and damage across the various tiers.  We also want to make sure the objectives are clear and obtainable within the time allotted.  

Thank you!

Olihin

have you even read all the feedback? dont see your name anywhere than the op.

please consider the feedback people have been writing

let me sum it up for you:

• Thundra shouldn't be the only BG awarding faction, currently 3/4 of all BGs are pointless and furthermore impossible to get into
  • waiting-time is absurd now in some tiers, since the BG is always attempting to put you in frozen thundra, no matter the amount of people actually entering (see point 4)
  • you are often put on "spectator" team in Thundra
  • you often get into Thundra as a 2v1, this should have been a gears match
  • again, and i cannot stress this enough, all BGs should award faction accordingly to the timeinvestment needed to complete that BG

i hope you consider the feedback people have written and let us help you improve our game

Jacquotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #147
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If you still want people to play Frozen Tundra then have it reward the most faction compared to other BG's but please don't let Battlegrounds die.

I used to agree with this, but got to thinking and honestly... they shouldn't be forcing/coercing us to play one particular map at all. All maps should award equal faction, and we should be allowed to gear up playing any maps we'd like.

A Cure For Cancer
Old 07-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #148
swerve126

Loremaster

Well, they did a patch today and guess what....fuktards refuse to fix bgs....[Removed for Content]..is it really that hard to give faction to all maps?  I mean really>?  Where do they get their fuktarded programmers?  Pep boys?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #149
Cruelst
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Annihilation

Loremaster

While waiting on SOE to finally fix the BG system, I went ahead and leveled up a 90 toon for BG's..... 2 hours and no queue...... Just add faction to all maps please.

If you have to appease the roleplaying nerds of the game, just put some sutpid line in about the frozen gods being bored with watching 2 on 1 matches and using their frequent flyer miles to travel the globe and watch other matches.

-----------------------------------------------

Cruelst 90/320 Assassin - 92 Woodworker

Croolst 90/320 Defiler - 92 Provisioner

Cruolst 90/320 Guardian - 92 Alchemist

Jenskin 90/320 Troubadoor - 92 Sage

Highjaxx 90/320 Shadowknight - 92 Weaponsmith

Croalst 45 Conjuror - 92 Carpenter

Jaelk - 39 Ranger (BG's) - 92 Armorsmith

Kruelst - 39 Templar (BG's) - 92 Tailor

Robskin - 39 Shadowknight (BG's) - 92 Jeweler
Cruelst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #150
Careisa

Loremaster

Found on the test server update forums for 07/28/11. Now if they'll get the level 90's out of t4 we might start doing battlegrounds again.

BATTLEGROUNDS

• Fixed a bug where PVE crit bonus was being used in battlegrounds.  Now PVP crit bonus will be used for all targets in a battleground.
  • Fixed a bug where NPC kills in a battleground were giving a player deathblow credit on the scoreboard.
  • Fixed a bug where NPC kills in a battleground were giving both the points for the NPC kill and points for a PC kill.
  • Call to Guild Hall no longer can be cast while in a Battleground.
  • Velious Discord faction can now be earned from all battleground matches.
Careisa is offline   Reply With Quote