EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 01:30 AM   #211
Trenal
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Guardians of the Light

Loremaster

One of my Chrs got a XX on the name coming from Blackburrow.. and there was not a chr of the same name on Everfrost. Chr name is Amun, now showing as AmunXX. Lvl 38 Froglock Pally (my son's Chr)

Trenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:30 AM   #212
JININ

Loremaster

Here is something to put in the cooker.... ARABETH my 69 necro has a XX after her name and if the charactor search on player is right then there is no other player by that name on everfrost..... if it doesn't get fixed i don't mind but figured i say something since there was no other name on everfrost with that name.

JININ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:31 AM   #213
brightwhite

Loremaster

Yeah 3 of my characters got xx'd even though I have more /played time.

Is it useful to post them here or should I just petition in game?

brightwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:32 AM   #214
Dimi
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Vindicate

General

Please tell me that this doesnt apply to eq2 servers I cant handle another 11 hours

http://everquest2.com/news/read/current/3779

Dimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:32 AM   #215
JININ

Loremaster

brightwhite wrote:

Yeah 3 of my characters got xx'd even though I have more /played time.

Is it useful to post them here or should I just petition in game?

Post here possible they will see and correct

JININ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:33 AM   #216
Tigress

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Rothgar wrote:

Darthor wrote:

Rothgar wrote:

Update:

We hit a few roadbumps but have the server up and locked now.  QA is running through their test cases so hopefully we will have some good news shortly.

<3 I'll take 4 to 4.5 hours ahead of scheduel =)

So far our test cases are looking good.  The only issue we are experiencing at the moment is an issue with some missing mail.  As soon as we track down this problem, we should be close to opening the server.

Thank you very much Roth for keeping us updated.  We really do appreciate it.  Now if you could only call my work, and tell them I can't come into work tonight due to the servers about to come online I'd greatly appreciate it, lol.

You're welcome!  And thank you for having your character and guild name in your signature.  I poked around in your house and guild hall just to confirm everything was loading correctly. 

poke me!  poke me!! lol

tigressz (the society) and tiggress (wolves of despair) are my two mains .  my blackburrow one is tiggress (no guild).

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #217
Cica

Loremaster

Will we be able to petition to get our original names back if we had what they posted in original FAQ's for name requirement policy ? (the more /played and logged in in last 60 days)

Cica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #218
TheFever2

Loremaster

ok, i have a xx apended to Ohmy and Omie, both have more play time, and the Ohmy on everfrost appears to be abandoned years ago. Level 90 compared to level 1.

TheFever2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:38 AM   #219
Wolfspeaker

Seer

Rothgar wrote:

Update:

We've been looking into the naming complaints and here is what we've found.  Apparently the merge FAQ says that we were going by played time, but our actual merge scripts used creation time.  In the past we've always gone by creation time for determining who keeps the name which is why the scripts work this way.

So we're trying to create a list of people who would have been affected by this change so we can make CS aware of it.  Most likely we will bring the servers up in the current state and ask players to petition if they feel that the name resolution was incorrect for them.  For many players, the names will be correct, but some of you might be in a situation where you have more played time but were created after the other player.

We'll post a more official statement about this issue later, I just wanted to fill you in on what you were seeing and why it occurred.

So the script and FAQ don't agree on naming.  Well thats one thing QA didn't check.  Who wrote thier checklist?  Wish you luck Rothgar. And to CS and the GMs I hope the company buys you pizza at QAs expense until its all cleaned up.

Wolfspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:39 AM   #220
SimianJyhad

Elder

Looks like I have a character caught by the mis-applied script.

Quichang from Blackburrow, more time played than the Everfrost Quichang

SimianJyhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:40 AM   #221
Daisymay
Guild: Kindred Souls

Loremaster

Ok, so let me get this strait. Two of my characters get renamed because a couple of low-level toons on accounts that haven't been active in years were created before mine? Seems to me the logic should have been to first check for active subscriptions. If the account is not currently paying, it automatically gets the rename in a conflict. Next should have been to check for activity. How many characters got hit with this because of characters created on trial accounts and have NEVER paid?

My toons on BB:

Evilmay - lvl 41 (renamed to Evilmayxx)

Minimay - lvl 36 (renamed to Minimayxx)

EF toons with same name:

Evilmay - lvl 4 - 2009

Minimay - lvl 8 - 2007 (no alts)

I sure hope this can be resolved without having to jump through the stupid petition hoops.

Daisymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:40 AM   #222
brightwhite

Loremaster

brightwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:44 AM   #223
Katey

Loremaster

I just did a quick check on all of my characters and I have 1 character that appears to have a single x after it and the name is Kaytie in Kindred Souls from the Blackburrow server.  It should not have an x due to my playtime being MORE than the 44 minutes last played in March only for that single day character.  All my others seem to be ok in the current state.

I'm looking forward to all the new friends on our new server!

Katey

Kindred Souls

Old 12-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #224
Cica

Loremaster

^^^^

/waves to Bell  SMILEY

I used to be known as Qtpie  /cry

Cica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #225
PlaneCrazy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Please tell me that this doesnt apply to eq2 servers I cant handle another 11 hours

I'm not sure but Amnerys posted that on the Announcements here as well and it looks like it might be iffy for our servers as well.  

Old 12-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #226
Katz

Loremaster

PlaneCrazy wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm not sure but Amnerys posted that on the Announcements here as well and it looks like it might be iffy for our servers as well.  

On that note....I'm going to bed.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:51 AM   #227
Tango
Guild: Wild Kingdom

Loremaster

I appear to have 3 Everfrost characters affected.

Lark: mine has 11+ hours more time than the BB Lark,

Smite: mine has 36+ hours more time than the BB smite, and

Sathira: mine has 6 hours more than her BB counterpart.

This is a crazy situation. We were told officially and in no uncertain terms, both here on the boards and via email, that the 2 criteria for name conflicts would be first, that the character who had logged in within the past 60 days would take it; and second, that if both had been on in that time, the one with the longest total /played time would take it. This has been the official word for months now, since you guys first announced the mergers.

It boggles the mind that after all the practice tries, nobody noticed that the actual script was using the completely wrong criteria for this, but to have it go through on an actual live merge would be turning an error into a huge mistake. This is just a few of us here who happen to check the forums in the last few hours... imagine how many toons total are going to be affected on both servers, screwing people out of their names using the wrong procedure, and they may not even be aware of it for a while. That ain't right.

This would be a mountain of petitions that CS will never get out from under. I know it's painful, but it sure seems like the right thing to do here is actually do the merge using the rules you told us you'd use. Things have been put off this long, it's not like taking another 24 hours to actually get it right is going to be the end of the world.

Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #228
Alyx

Lord

My Account:

2 xx's   Alyxe - Blackburrow lvl 24 (3 Hours 48 Minutes) vs Everfrost lvl 6 (35 Mins)

2 xx's   Malyss - Blackburrow lvl 30 (17 Hours 10 Minutes) vs Everfrost No Char Found

2 xx's   Alyxx - Blackburrow lvl 56 (4 Days 6 Hours 49 Minutes) vs Everfrost lvl 16 (couldnt pull up char profile)

Wifes Account:

2 xx's   Kestryl - Blackburrow lvl 1 (15 Minutes) vs Everfrost lvl 1 (2 Minutes)

2 xx's   Kyera - Blackburrow lvl 79 (13 Days 13 Minutes) vs Everfrost lvl 55 (12 Days 19 Hours 57 Minutes)

2 xx's   Morgwyn - Blackburrow lvl 24 (3 Hours 48 Minutes) vs Everfrost lvl 1 ( 3 Minutes)

Alyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:56 AM   #229
Tigress

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Update:

We've been looking into the naming complaints and here is what we've found.  Apparently the merge FAQ says that we were going by played time, but our actual merge scripts used creation time.  In the past we've always gone by creation time for determining who keeps the name which is why the scripts work this way.

So we're trying to create a list of people who would have been affected by this change so we can make CS aware of it.  Most likely we will bring the servers up in the current state and ask players to petition if they feel that the name resolution was incorrect for them.  For many players, the names will be correct, but some of you might be in a situation where you have more played time but were created after the other player.

We'll post a more official statement about this issue later, I just wanted to fill you in on what you were seeing and why it occurred.

maybe this will help you.

my Tigresss on everfrost was created after Tigresss on blackburrow; however, i dont have an X nor XX.  i have a lot more playtime and the BB one is level 6 and still in queen's colony.

my Tiggress on blackburrow was created after Tiggress on everfrost; however, i dont have an X nor XX.  i do have a lot more play time and the one on everfrost is level 4 still in queen's colony.

p.s.  i logged in all of my characters last night to ensure that the timeframe of "when last played" would not affect my characters.  i know that it said 60 days but i thought "what if the code gets messed up and ends up being 6 days..."

Old 12-09-2010, 01:56 AM   #230
Nazztee
Guild: Intentional Deviation

Lord

so... do all of the XX's folks who need to get their names swapped back due to error want to have a meet and greet before, or after the name gets changed back? SMILEY

Could I also get an update on my toon when you get a chance?

Sylant lvl 28, EF 2 days, 10 hours 44 minutes  BB lvl 26 2 days, 2 hours, 55 minites

Everfrost

Guild:Intentional Deviation
Nazztee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:00 AM   #231
Dimi
Guild: Vindicate

General

Well folks good luck in the wait, look forward to seeing our new server mates some time tomorrow.

Dimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:01 AM   #232
Pellagassa

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

It does seem the name merging procedure may not be working as planned.  I have a Zaria on BB with 80 days played.  She has xx after her name.  There is not a Zaria on EF but a Zariaa with two a's at the end.  That toon only has 1 day played.  I also have a Carlee on BB with 3 days showing up with xx's when the Carlee on EF only has 14 hours. 

I am not complaining in any way.  I just wanted to provide this info in case it may help to find/resolve the problem.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the progess!

**Edit** Thanks for the post on the problem Rothgar.

Thank you for posting the character name.  I looked into your situation and there was indeed a "Zaria" on EF.  This player had an earlier creation date and therefore got the name.  However, I did confirm that you had more played time and should have received the name according to the FAQ.

Thank you Rothgar for taking the time to check.  I looked again and still cannot find another Zaria on EF but I must be doing something wrong in my search.  At any rate, I will wait for an official announcement on how this will be resolved. 

Pellagassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #233
Cyliena
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Ok, in addition to my two characters that got xx's that shouldn't have, just thought to check my husband's:

His is Xata from Everfrost (now Xataxx): /played 13 Hours 35 Minutes, level 22, last played sometime in the past week...and is losing his name to Xata from Blackburrow: /played 1 Days 7 Hours 35 Minutes, level 22, last leveled on 2/20/2006, no alts listed

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:04 AM   #234
Makembleed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: D O O M

Loremaster

Update?  Is it time to head off to bed while the name [Removed for Content] is worked out?

Makembleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:05 AM   #235
PlaneCrazy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Rothgar wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

It does seem the name merging procedure may not be working as planned.  I have a Zaria on BB with 80 days played.  She has xx after her name.  There is not a Zaria on EF but a Zariaa with two a's at the end.  That toon only has 1 day played.  I also have a Carlee on BB with 3 days showing up with xx's when the Carlee on EF only has 14 hours. 

I am not complaining in any way.  I just wanted to provide this info in case it may help to find/resolve the problem.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the progess!

**Edit** Thanks for the post on the problem Rothgar.

Thank you for posting the character name.  I looked into your situation and there was indeed a "Zaria" on EF.  This player had an earlier creation date and therefore got the name.  However, I did confirm that you had more played time and should have received the name according to the FAQ.

Thank you Rothgar for taking the time to check.  I looked again and still cannot find another Zaria on EF but I must be doing something wrong in my search.  At any rate, I will wait for an official announcement on how this will be resolved. 

Just goes to show how poor the data is on eq2players.  It's going to make it hard to figure this mess out if we can't even tell who's/who on each server and when they were created or their played time.  Basically everyone with an X will just have to petition and let CS do the research.

Not gonna be nice.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:06 AM   #236
FarEyes

Loremaster

I have 3 Blackburrow toons that should not have XX based on playing time

ShadowenXX

TarlXX

MorderXX

All 3 are lvl 90 in Tradeskill, Adventure or both and have higher playing time that the EF toons of the same name.

FarEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:06 AM   #237
Tigress

Loremaster

DragonGem wrote:

I have 2 characters I would like you to check if you would. I was on Blackburrow. Wyckyd has the xxs but I can't see the other Wyckyd's play time. And then I think my Vexxa was made before the other Vexxa but she probably has more play time but I can't tell if she has logged in in the last 60 days.

Wyckyd on everfrost is level 31 in Nemesis guild.  Nemesis is a real guild and its pretty active.  Wyckyd is listed as guild leader for nemesis.  i cant see his/her playtime either but it seems like a real character.  you (as you know) are level 26.  i'd bet it was close (unless you level locked).

Vexxa on everfrost is in Gods & Heroes.  thats a very active raiding guild.  she's level 90.  knowing the guild, i think she's active.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:13 AM   #238
Daisymay

Loremaster

Alyx wrote:

My Account:

2 xx's   Malyss - Blackburrow lvl 30 (17 Hours 10 Minutes) vs Everfrost No Char Found

LOL, Alyx. Figures you would get a rename on a toon that isn't even in conflict! SMILEY

Daisymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #239
DragonGem

Loremaster

Tigress wrote:

DragonGem wrote:

I have 2 characters I would like you to check if you would. I was on Blackburrow. Wyckyd has the xxs but I can't see the other Wyckyd's play time. And then I think my Vexxa was made before the other Vexxa but she probably has more play time but I can't tell if she has logged in in the last 60 days.

Wyckyd on everfrost is level 31 in Nemesis guild.  Nemesis is a real guild and its pretty active.  Wyckyd is listed as guild leader for nemesis.  i cant see his/her playtime either but it seems like a real character.  you (as you know) are level 26.  i'd bet it was close (unless you level locked).

Vexxa on everfrost is in Gods & Heroes.  thats a very active raiding guild.  she's level 90.  knowing the guild, i think she's active.

I know I probably will have to change them.  I just don't want to waste my time petitioning if that's the case.

DragonGem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #240
Katey

Loremaster

Well at least the extra x works with Alyx or Alyxx .. Don't worry Alyx we love ya no matter what the name!