EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 12:52 AM   #181
Xoxix
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Boondock Saints

Loremaster

Well I have Everfrost under the name of all my guys now. Seems weird. It will take some time to adjust to that. All the names that mattered are good to go with no X's.   Yipee!

Xoxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #182
Nazztee
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Intentional Deviation

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Well I have Everfrost under the name of all my guys now. Seems weird. It will take some time to adjust to that. All the names that mattered are good to go with no X's.   Yipee!

seems kind of funny that you still show from blackburrow posting here though SMILEY  just thought I'd give you a little smile

Everfrost

Guild:Intentional Deviation
Nazztee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:01 AM   #183
Amarisa
Guild: Elemental Redemption

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Rothgar wrote:

We're looking into the issue with names having double xx's on the end.  We did have a problem early in the merge procedure with the rename script but it should have been fixed.  Apparently it wasn't, so we are checking into it now.

I watching while walking on egg shells for this one.  My ranger Sylant is now Sylantxx and has 8 hours more play time than my blackburrow counterpart.  also higher by 2 levels, and seems they haven't leveled since 2009

My Midnyte on everfrost has two xx's after her name and she is lvl80, guilded with more play time than the blackburrow counterpart whom hasn't leveled since 2006 and is an unguilded lvl 42. I will be petitioning...

Amarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:01 AM   #184
Menace
Guild: Gods of Chaos

Loremaster

I too have the xx after some of my toons names.  I'm going from Blackburrow to Everfrost.

My Menace 54 days played vs. EF Menace  6 days played

My Sydd  23 days played vs. EF Sydd 7 hrs played

My Franz 1 days played vs. EF Franz 4 days played...but it appears this one hasn't been on since 2005.  This is my only wildcard.

Something is very wrong imo.

Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:03 AM   #185
Xoxix
Guild: Boondock Saints

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

seems kind of funny that you still show from blackburrow posting here though   just thought I'd give you a little smile

Thanks!

Xoxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:03 AM   #186
Cyliena
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Maruviel wrote:

Has anyone else logged in to just see if all there characters are there in the character select screen only to find that they aren't....

Maruviel Sangstrum of E'ci - yes, THAT Maruviel, and yes, I am still lost

Silvendras Sangstrum of E'ci - no, just playing with my brother's name

Kagita

Kagenomad

All formerly of Blackburrow

MARUVIEL?!?! This is Phantasy of E'ci... SMILEY

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:03 AM   #187
Rothgar

Developer

Update:

We've been looking into the naming complaints and here is what we've found.  Apparently the merge FAQ says that we were going by played time, but our actual merge scripts used creation time.  In the past we've always gone by creation time for determining who keeps the name which is why the scripts work this way.

So we're trying to create a list of people who would have been affected by this change so we can make CS aware of it.  Most likely we will bring the servers up in the current state and ask players to petition if they feel that the name resolution was incorrect for them.  For many players, the names will be correct, but some of you might be in a situation where you have more played time but were created after the other player.

We'll post a more official statement about this issue later, I just wanted to fill you in on what you were seeing and why it occurred.

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:04 AM   #188
Nazztee

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

I too have the xx after some of my toons names.  I'm going from Blackburrow to Everfrost.

My Menace 54 days played vs. EF Menace  6 days played

My Sydd  23 days played vs. EF Sydd 7 hrs played

My Franz 1 days played vs. EF Franz 4 days played...but it appears this one hasn't been on since 2005.  This is my only wildcard.

Something is very wrong imo.

almost seeming like the wrong names are getting the XX's

Everfrost

Old 12-09-2010, 01:04 AM   #189
Lyssetta

Champion

much appreaciated SMILEY

Lyssetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:06 AM   #190
Cica

Loremaster

I got 3 characters with XX after their name and i know for sure one of them didnt even exist on BB (im on EF) cause first i looked on website and no matches found then i tried to put on friends list and it says player doesnt exist, so why she got XX after her name ???  SMILEY

Cica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:06 AM   #191
Pellagassa

Loremaster

It does seem the name merging procedure may not be working as planned.  I have a Zaria on BB with 80 days played.  She has xx after her name.  There is not a Zaria on EF but a Zariaa with two a's at the end.  That toon only has 1 day played.  I also have a Carlee on BB with 3 days showing up with xx's when the Carlee on EF only has 14 hours. 

I am not complaining in any way.  I just wanted to provide this info in case it may help to find/resolve the problem.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the progess!

**Edit** Thanks for the post on the problem Rothgar.

Pellagassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:09 AM   #192
Makembleed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: D O O M

Loremaster

Looking forward to joining Everfrost!  Hoping the servers come up soon!  Thanks for all the updates!

Makembleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #193
Rothgar

Developer

Cica wrote:

I got 3 characters with XX after their name and i know for sure one of them didnt even exist on BB (im on EF) cause first i looked on website and no matches found then i tried to put on friends list and it says player doesnt exist, so why she got XX after her name ??? 

It helps when you give me the character name.  SMILEY

Old 12-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #194
Nazztee

Lord

Rothgar wrote:

Update:

We've been looking into the naming complaints and here is what we've found.  Apparently the merge FAQ says that we were going by played time, but our actual merge scripts used creation time.  In the past we've always gone by creation time for determining who keeps the name which is why the scripts work this way.

So we're trying to create a list of people who would have been affected by this change so we can make CS aware of it.  Most likely we will bring the servers up in the current state and ask players to petition if they feel that the name resolution was incorrect for them.  For many players, the names will be correct, but some of you might be in a situation where you have more played time but were created after the other player.

We'll post a more official statement about this issue later, I just wanted to fill you in on what you were seeing and why it occurred.

I'm cool with that Rothgar!  Thank you for posting this.  I'm one of the few that wouldn't really have minded changing my toons name either, but either way is good.  Thanks again

Everfrost

Old 12-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #195
Cyliena
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Rothgar wrote:

Update:

Ouch. It was supposed to be first checking (a) played in the past 60 days and if both had then (b) total amount of /played time. I feel really bad for CS... I have 2 chars affected by this now, originally Tenye and Feawen from Blackburrow, their Everfrost counterparts have been inactive since about 2008.

edit: others are posting comparison play times etc for naming issues and I didn't want to make a new post, so here's mine:

My char: Tenye from Blackburrow (now Tenyexx): /played 15 Hours 12 Minutes, level 22, last logged in on 12/7/2010... lost her name to: Tenye from Everfrost: /played 7 Days 1 Hours 32 Minutes, level 24, last leveled on 3/10/2008

My char: Feawen from Blackburrow (now Feawenxx): /played 15 Hours 19 Minutes, level 24, last logged in on 12/7/2010 ...lost her name to: Feawen from Everfrost: /played 40 Minutes, level 4, last leveled on 6/22/2008

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #196
mysticalone

Loremaster

I see the server is on locked yay

So welcome blackburrownians I am looking forward to a bit more hustle and bustle on the server.   

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to your signature
to help him achieve world domination.
mysticalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 AM   #197
PlaneCrazy

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Update:

Oh swell SMILEY

I just went from having no impending name change issues to having possibly 4 of them. 

Please tell me you guys are going to honor your official policy that you posted over a month ago and change the script to work properly for the subsequent mergers?!!!  I do not relish the thought of having to submit multiple petitions trying to straighten this stuff out after our merge gets done.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 AM   #198
Loxus
Guild: Devecia

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Update:

This is gonna create a certified nightmare for the CS team.

Loxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:13 AM   #199
Nazztee

Lord

on a side note that I guess we will be finding out shortly... will guild cloak designs be effected?

Everfrost

Old 12-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #200
Cica

Loremaster

My other 2 toons with XX after their name one of them is my main, on EF she has 136 days played vs BB same name 2 days played , my other one has 18 days and same name on BB played 17 days but seems like havent been on for at least 4-5 months, and i sitll got XX .... sigh  SMILEY names are : Qtpie, Huney, Pixi

I really really dont want their names changed or have xx after their names ...  SMILEY

Cica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #201
Rothgar

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

It does seem the name merging procedure may not be working as planned.  I have a Zaria on BB with 80 days played.  She has xx after her name.  There is not a Zaria on EF but a Zariaa with two a's at the end.  That toon only has 1 day played.  I also have a Carlee on BB with 3 days showing up with xx's when the Carlee on EF only has 14 hours. 

I am not complaining in any way.  I just wanted to provide this info in case it may help to find/resolve the problem.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the progess!

**Edit** Thanks for the post on the problem Rothgar.

Thank you for posting the character name.  I looked into your situation and there was indeed a "Zaria" on EF.  This player had an earlier creation date and therefore got the name.  However, I did confirm that you had more played time and should have received the name according to the FAQ.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:16 AM   #202
Alletris

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Alletris wrote:

Now I'm confused.  I'm the real Tigress on Everfrost.  I have two XXs by my name.  The Tigress on Blackburrow only had 19 hours, and I have way over 100 days and was on last night.  Something must be really wrong.  One of my other toons has 2 XXs and there was not even one on Blackburrow with that name.

Is it possible that the character screens are wrong?  Help !!!!

Edit: I have over 100 days played, not hours.  I'm so upset I misspoke

Alletris, what is the second character that got XX's where you said that another character didn't exist with that name.

My mistake, after double checking, they exist but have 0 days played.

I have 9 characters showing XX total. On this account, I knew I would be losing Cinnamon, so it's legit that she is showing Cinnamonxx now. However, here are the others that should not have XX, but do. Here's each character, my time played and the Blackburrow char's time played:

•   Tigress - Mine (EF)= 82 days, 3 hours, 38 min.    BB= 0 days, 19 hours, 26 min.
  •   Dian - Mine (EF)= 25 days, 13 hours, 13 min.    BB= 19 days, 2 hours, 7 min.
  •   Larson - Mine (EF)= 4 days, 8 hours, 24 min.    BB= 0 days, 5 hours, 24 min.
  •   Roth - Mine (EF)= 8 days, 6 hours, 35 min.    BB= 6 days, 23 hours, 49 min.

And on my other accounts, it's happened too:

•   Half - Mine (EF)= 5 days, 21 hours, 27 min.   BB= 0 days, 23 hours, 10 min.
  •   Faefly - Mine (EF)= 3 days, 14 hours, 59 min.    BB= 0 days, 16 hours, 10 min.
  •   Senna - Mine (EF)= 12 days, 5 hours, 11 min.    BB= 0 days, 5 hours, 37 min.
  •   Tsuga - Mine (EF)= 11 days, 13 hours, 44 min.    BB= 11 days, 4 hours, 35 min.

That last one is close, but the others really aren't. And a lot of these on BB are very low level characters who don't appear to have been active in years. I know level doesn't figure into who keeps a name, but we were told time played would, and all these characters of mine are active and with more time... most a lot more. I don't understand what has gone wrong here. We were so careful to check, our accounts have never been inactive or anything, and I was just sure that based on the criteria that we wouldn't be losing them, especially Tigress who is lvl 90/90 and has been around and active for a long time.

Alletris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #203
Wrapye

Loremaster

FWIW, out of nine characters moved, only one with XX at the end, and as it is primarily a crafting alt, it doesn't bother me.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #204
Lyssetta

Champion

Synae ( double XX'd )  can think of a new name on her no biggie.

Laether ( would love to change her name )  double XX's also

Allyssaria ( XX'd  previously on BB,  & then deleted )   current incarnation  Inquisitor 76 on Everfrost.  ( personal note named after my daughter i will fight for that name SMILEY

Lusayne ( previously on BB, )  transfered server's and also  formerly a Woodelf.   now on Everfrost ( name carried over from EQ1.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:23 AM   #205
DragonGem

Loremaster

I have 2 characters I would like you to check if you would. I was on Blackburrow. Wyckyd has the xxs but I can't see the other Wyckyd's play time. And then I think my Vexxa was made before the other Vexxa but she probably has more play time but I can't tell if she has logged in in the last 60 days.
DragonGem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:24 AM   #206
Valkyrie00

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Update:

I'm not sure the creation date is working to determine the name owner either.  My character Emprezz on BB was created in 2007 with 36 days played and the EF one was created in 2009 with 33 days played.   So either method should have my character keeping her name, but she is showing with the XX.

Valkyrie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:25 AM   #207
Loxus
Guild: Devecia

Loremaster

My Main Loxus 90 Pally with 187 days played got beat out by a lvl 30 inquis with 9 days played who hasn't leveled since Jan 9th 2005.  To be fair however, the BB player has 11 months on me on toon creation, only because I was deployed to iraq during release.

Loxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:25 AM   #208
Lyssetta

Champion

you know when the server's come up. it's going to be like a mad dash on black friday

open open open!!

off to do some art  while i twitch away from withdrawls

Old 12-09-2010, 01:28 AM   #209
Tigress

Loremaster

Alletris wrote:

Now I'm confused.  I'm the real Tigress on Everfrost.  I have two XXs by my name.  The Tigress on Blackburrow only had 19 hours, and I have way over 100 days and was on last night.  Something must be really wrong.  One of my other toons has 2 XXs and there was not even one on Blackburrow with that name.

Is it possible that the character screens are wrong?  Help !!!!

Edit: I have over 100 days played, not hours.  I'm so upset I misspoke

hey...  i'm real

the other tigress on BB has a total of 19 hrs, 26 min played.  last level was nov 23, 2004.

http://everquest2.com/Blackburrow/Tigress/

you, i cannot check bc its private; however, you cannot get to level 90 without at least 6 days bc my level 30s have over 6 days played so you should get the name. 

if they dont fix it, i bet that you can send in a petition.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:29 AM   #210
Makembleed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: D O O M

Loremaster

Lyssetta wrote:

open open open!!

+1

Makembleed is offline   Reply With Quote