EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

I've done the crafting intro quests and am now sat +6,500 faction for Hua Mein Craftsmen.

However, from what I can see I have no options to increase this faction any more apart from the daily quests.

Is this right ?

I feel I am missing an NPC somewhere that is going to give me writs to repeat or something, otherwise this system is crazy. How am I ever going to get 40k faction ?

EQ2Magroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons

Loremaster

DominoDev wrote:

• Doing the main quest line for each of the 3 archtype factions (Kerra, Hua Mein, and Quel'ule) should leave you at +4000 faction.  There are subsequent daily missions if you wish to increase this further - it will only require 3 more before you can purchase your advanced recipe books.  If you are not the archetype that aligns with that quest faction you will only be able to complete 5/7 daily missions they offer - those of the correct archetype for that faction will have an advantage with their aligned faction.

Slowly. SMILEY

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

This has got to be one of the worse decisions ever made. I'm normally very supportive of everything Domino is trying to do to crafting, but this is just crazy.

What they are saying is:

1. The customer is not in control of their game experience. If they want to put more time/effort into crafting it makes no difference. We are all forced to level/gain faction at the slowest rate (well not all of us, see point 2)

2. Dedicated tradeskillers will not be able to benefit from these faction recipes for several weeks. Adventurers are already over 40k faction and have the discos, and will soon have kitted out all their alts/friends with the faction items. Those of us normal crafters are going to have to wait another 2 weeks at least to overcome the artificial limits that have been put in place just for crafters.

I still can't believe I've not made a huge mistake here. I can't believe that there is no way to "grind" faction if you want to.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Well, I understand the frustration but hybrid players that have crafting and adventuring are always going to excel because they have put in the time to round out their toons very well.

Pure adventure toons always complain about "needing" to depend on a crafter and crafters complain about adventurers ability to kill things for more faction. Risk versus reward and ROI simply.

Hope you find some enjoyable things in it though, game is about more than discos!

Valdaglerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
Hellswrath

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Hope you find some enjoyable things in it though, game is about more than discos!

*GASP*   LIES!!!!!!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
Domino

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

2. Dedicated tradeskillers will not be able to benefit from these faction recipes for several weeks. Adventurers are already over 40k faction and have the discos, and will soon have kitted out all their alts/friends with the faction items. Those of us normal crafters are going to have to wait another 2 weeks at least to overcome the artificial limits that have been put in place just for crafters.

Just wanted to highlight that crafters earn separate factions from the adventurers.  If you want the adventurer items, you will need to adventure to get them.  And if you do adventure up your factions in Odus, you still won't be able to buy the crafting items.

People have spent two expansions vehemently expressing their hatred for the grind ... so ... no grind.

Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

DominoDev wrote:

People have spent two expansions vehemently expressing their hatred for the grind ... so ... no grind.

I''m sorry Domino but I think you've missed the point with the objections to grinding faction.

In fact you haven't removed the grind at all. All you've done is spread the grind out over an extended time period. I'm still going to have to do the same number of multiple writs to get the faction, but now I won't be able to do it when I want, or when I have spare time when friends don't need my help, but only when you tell me I can and only once per day.

Those people who felt that grinding 40k faction is too boring/hard haven't been given any alternatives with this system. They still need the 40k, but all that has been done is spread the pain of levelling out over 2 or 3 weeks. It's what I call the "how do you boil a frog" scenario. You're still going to get cooked, but you don't realise it at the time.

If you truely wanted to remove the grind, then why not just put all the recipes on 5k faction, so once we complete the excellent intro questline we can get the rewards.

Ideally what should have been done is what everyone suggested on other threads regarding faction - make the recipes high faction, but allow people to grind at their own pace. They can still take 3 weeks doing it slowly if they like. Make the reciped Heirloom and then they only have to grind once. In other words use exactly the same mechanism that was put in place in RoK after everyone complained. I don't see anyone complaining about those recipes since the change. If you look at other cool TS content like Mara, that's high faction but easily achievable and at whatever rate suits the crafter - if they really want the faction, they can get it. If they think it's too boring/hard, they have different options. Once again, recipes are now Heirloom. Crafters are happy with this setup, that's why everyone sings your praises.

As it stands currently with crafter's factions in SF we have the worst of both worlds - high faction is needed (i.e. grinding faction), the recipes are no-trade, and an artifically slow faction gain rate has been implemented.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #8
Arkenor

Loremaster

It seems fine to me. Gives me something to work slowly towards. There's no need for everything to be a mad rush. It wouldn't serve us in the long run if we could just devour everything the expansion has to offer crafters in a single day.

Arkenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:44 AM   #9
Crickett

Loremaster

DominoDev wrote:

.................................................. ..................                           ...................

As it stands currently with crafter's factions in SF we have the worst of both worlds - high faction is needed (i.e. grinding faction), the recipes are no-trade, and an artifically slow faction gain rate has been implemented.

Bear in mind, it's 10k faction to get the basic advanced recipe's for your craft. The quest line and three daily missions.

The rest is, if you'll pardon me, fluff.

I have high mara faction, low city faction. I'm just not going to grind 200sp writs just for an aa mirror or whatever until I really feel like it. I just havn't felt like it yet.

Hopefully, well after the launch of the 23'rd the recipe's will change to heirloom like Mara and Kunark did. Nothing fits everyone, I like the change.

Now it's anyone's ballgame.

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

I never bothered with the Moors daily TS quests... all the way out there... going to 3 diff camps is it? Not even sure. I probably won't bother with the new ones.. I'll see... though I did see all the insanely beautiful furniture on eq2traders so...  The suck thing is by the time you get the new recipes you'll probably be 90 and won't benefit from extra first pristines, for some reason I'm silly about those lol... But I'll get over it for items that I want to use. I was 80 long before I had ROK factions & saved up the food & drink that wasn't that great and made them leveling this time.

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #11
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons

Loremaster

DominoDev wrote:

Just wanted to highlight that crafters earn separate factions from the adventurers.

It is nice to see this addressed.

DominoDev wrote:

Forcing people to not grind by putting artifical limits based on real world time does not fix the issue. It can actually put more stress on people to make sure to log in every day. Part of me thinks there has to be some better middle ground but I cant think of it at this time.

The question comes down to wether it is better to grind for 4,8 or 20hrs at once or 5-10min every day for 30 days.

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Crickett wrote:

DominoDev wrote:

.................................................. ..................                           ...................

Bear in mind, it's 10k faction to get the basic advanced recipe's for your craft. The quest line and three daily missions.

The rest is, if you'll pardon me, fluff.

I have high mara faction, low city faction. I'm just not going to grind 200sp writs just for an aa mirror or whatever until I really feel like it. I just havn't felt like it yet.

Hopefully, well after the launch of the 23'rd the recipe's will change to heirloom like Mara and Kunark did. Nothing fits everyone, I like the change.

Now it's anyone's ballgame.

Writs got changed from 200sp to 500sp a couple of years ago . . . just fyi

Old 02-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #13
Brigh

Loremaster

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

I never bothered with the Moors daily TS quests... all the way out there... going to 3 diff camps is it? Not even sure. I probably won't bother with the new ones.. I'll see... though I did see all the insanely beautiful furniture on eq2traders so...  The suck thing is by the time you get the new recipes you'll probably be 90 and won't benefit from extra first pristines, for some reason I'm silly about those lol... But I'll get over it for items that I want to use. I was 80 long before I had ROK factions & saved up the food & drink that wasn't that great and made them leveling this time.

They are not "Moors daily TS quests".

They are Isle of Mara, Far Seas Traders supply division quests, out of Mara, that you can buy for 6g portal stones that take you to either the CL, Moors overlook ballon (which you select the proper response to take you to the instance from there), or SFM HQ.

There is no, "all the way out there".

I haven't checked, but those that know, are there new Far Seas instances? I heard that new books drop for T9. Is there new gear that drops?

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #14
Cynith
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Havok

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

They are Isle of Mara, Far Seas Traders supply division quests, out of Mara, that you can buy for 6g portal stones that take you to either the CL, Moors overlook ballon (which you select the proper response to take you to the instance from there), or SFM HQ.

I haven't checked, but those that know, are there new Far Seas instances? I heard that new books drop for T9. Is there new gear that drops?

There are "Moors daily TS quests" . . . all the way out there - one in Firmroot, one in Grobb and one in Tupta.

Cynith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #15
Deveryn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fourth Wall

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

There are no new instances, but there are new books on the chest loot table and new rares that show up from Far Seas Innovation.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #16
Caethre

Loremaster

(( I actually like the way these new factions have been implemented. I would have chosen to do it exactly as Domino has done it now, personally. You can get your advanced books in 2-3 days, and anything after that is certainly not "essential".

Plus, the implementation as stands just feels more realistic to me, as it takes some real time to prove to each faction that they should trust you. I've never liked the "hand in 1,000 muffins to a dwarf and suddenly in ten minutes the High Elves love you even though you are a stinking Innoruuk-worshipping Dark Elf who had previosuly butchered High Elves for years" (an old EQ1 reference, you had to be there, but the point is the same. SMILEY ).

I do also like the fact that each daily gives a little faction with the relevant adventuring faction too, as that makes sense, over time, that the whole group would come to trust you more, not just the crafters within that group.

And I especially like that only on some days are they quests that anyone can do, whereas on other days, they are biased toward those crafter-classes each one is catering mainly for. So, for example, Quel'ule favours scholars, Kerra favours outfitters and Hua Mein favours craftsmen. ))

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #17
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

DominoDev wrote:

Just wanted to highlight that crafters earn separate factions from the adventurers.  If you want the adventurer items, you will need to adventure to get them.  And if you do adventure up your factions in Odus, you still won't be able to buy the crafting items.

Honestly, I think this was misunderstood and I tend to agree with the OP more now after realizing there is no way to increase these factions except through waiting, logging in once per day, do 1 quest for 10 minutes and logging out.

If there was a complete path to 50,000k through questing, this would be optimal for "no grinding" (which we mean to be doing repetitive tasks til your eyes bleed) but this is not the case. You get to about 9,500 with Quel'ule and hit the brakes to do the once daily quest for an additional 2,500.  Up to this point, it was enjoyable, now its a waiting game SMILEY

Would me much appreciated if we either got more quests (preferable to grinding) to increase these factions or could do repeatable writs (rather grind than sit still) at the very least to increase our factions.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #18
Daisey
Server: Oasis
Guild: Compulsive Harvesters

Loremaster

Here would be my personal preference of gaining TS factions.

I'd like to see a mixture of the possible methods of gaining faction that we have so far.

A run around questline, a harvesting questline, a "grind" questline, and a daily quest questline.  Giving each questing method 1/4 of the total faction ( or 1/3 if you want to enable folks to skip their most "hated" section) needed but not needing to do them in any strict order.

A complete grind is a pain, running around is too easy, harvesting is fun sometimes but not always, daily quests don't work so great for people like me who get obsessed and then bored fast.

Although this would be how *I* would like it done I'm sure many folks out there would find it an annoying way to get to max faction.  I'm not suggesting that this is the only way to do it but just saying you don't like how it is currently done doesn't really help Domino out much. 

I'm curious how long most people think it should take to get to max faction?  A week?  A month?  I'd say 2 weeks for the obsessive folks and a month for more casual players.

Daisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #19
Bkschrad

Loremaster

Deveryn wrote:

Brigh wrote:

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

There are no new instances, but there are new books on the chest loot table and new rares that show up from Far Seas Innovation.

You can also get the new rares in the chest...just did one yesterday to see what I'd get from it.  Brellium was in the chest along with the other stuff I got...wish I'd gotten an FSI to go along with everything else...

Bkschrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #20
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I'm curious how long most people think it should take to get to max faction?  A week?  A month?  I'd say 2 weeks for the obsessive folks and a month for more casual players.

I think that's one of the problems right there. It shouldn't be about "how long", but about "how much effort".

If we get lulled into the "it must take 2 weeks" trap we just end up with what we have now - a simple daily mechanic that offers no challenge, no fun, and no interest.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Panda's Harvest and the Quel'le Harvest quest today, but they took less than a minute each and once done I thought "was that all it took for 2.5k faction?". It takes me longer to travel to the NPC quest giver than do the actual quest. Doing this every day for the next 2 weeks on 9 different characters is no more fun or challenging for me than writs.

Now, if the devs just came out and said "You know what, we want the casuals to be on the same footing as the hardcore guys, so we've made it so you all reach the end at roughly the same time" then I'd be OK with that. Well maybe not OK, but at least I'd know there was a grand plan.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #21
Maroger

Loremaster

If all you want is Quel'ule faction == do you have to do the other factions quests for Kerra, and Hua'Mein or after you do the Paineel ones can you just concentrate on Quelule for the books?

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #22
Deveryn

Loremaster

Maroger wrote:

If all you want is Quel'ule faction == do you have to do the other factions quests for Kerra, and Hua'Mein or after you do the Paineel ones can you just concentrate on Quelule for the books?

You can focus on quel'ule, once the Craftkeepers send you there.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #23
Deveryn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I think that's one of the problems right there. It shouldn't be about "how long", but about "how much effort".

If we get lulled into the "it must take 2 weeks" trap we just end up with what we have now - a simple daily mechanic that offers no challenge, no fun, and no interest.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Panda's Harvest and the Quel'le Harvest quest today, but they took less than a minute each and once done I thought "was that all it took for 2.5k faction?". It takes me longer to travel to the NPC quest giver than do the actual quest. Doing this every day for the next 2 weeks on 9 different characters is no more fun or challenging for me than writs.

Now, if the devs just came out and said "You know what, we want the casuals to be on the same footing as the hardcore guys, so we've made it so you all reach the end at roughly the same time" then I'd be OK with that. Well maybe not OK, but at least I'd know there was a grand plan.

There wasn't much of a challenge to be had in the grinding of previous factions. It wasn't all that fun or interesting either.

I think the big issue was more to do with the time and resources used up on grinding faction than anything else. It actually works out better this way. The less time you spend grinding the faction, the more time you have to get the rares you want for the big items. I have enough grinding to do, making boxes for my alts and friends. SMILEY

Old 02-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #24
Deathheart
Server: Guk
Guild: Bellum Aeternus

Loremaster

Crickett wrote:

U are aware someone that has the book can craft your mirror for u. i do it for the guild as long as they come to the hall and give me all thats needed they get there free mirror

Deathheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #25
Domino

Loremaster

OK, so here's a slightly longer answer.

When we put new content into a new expansion, and add new rewards to earn, it's not really ideal if everybody has all the rewards on the very first day.  New rewards are there to be exciting, to look forward to, and to make people feel special if they're one of the first to get them.  And although I'm one of the ones going OMG OMG NEW STUFF I WANT IT NOW when I play, in the back of my mind I still do feel that the expansion's new content is more fulfilling if I don't have it all already on day 1, and that some rewards are the sweeter for having to wait a little.

So how do we slow down the rate at which people can gain all the cool newness, so it's not all instant?  There's many different ways to do it.

• you can make it a huge long grind (like getting ally faction with your tradeskill society)
  • you can require lengthy quest lines requiring coordination with other players (like getting your epic)
  • you can require rare harvests/drops (like getting those illusive random lore & legends updates, or asking someone to harvest a rare to update a quest)
  • you can place a time restriction on the number of faction quests that can be done per day (like the Mara solo quests)

All of these and probably others too have been used in various situations in our game and in other games.  All of them have good points and bad points, there's no one perfect solution.  Clearly the faction grind has not been a popular choice in the past (the original Kunark quests, and tradeskill society faction for example are things people still complain about to this day).

In this expansion my intention was to try combining two options: a long and hopefully interesting quest line to take you most of the way there, and then short but time-restricted repeatable quests for those who want to continue.  And yes, it will take 2 more days to earn your first faction rewards (the advanced books), but considering how many months it will be till the next expansion, that is really not very long.  And the advanced books also drop in the normal way we got them from the game's launch, so they're still obtainable in the exact same way for those who are impatient.

The trouble with adding a faction grind option is that once it is available, people feel it is "mandatory".  If you want to get your faction rewards as soon as possible then you are "forced" to do the grind, even if it's theoretically optional.  Unfortunately, that's just the way things seem to be interpreted in MMOs, since they are a competitive environment.

So, this expansion we're trying it this way.  You have some short daily quests if you wish to do them, and if you do choose to do them, then your eventual reward will be some cool new recipes and some house items.  If you don't wish to do them, you can get all your advanced books in the normal way (drop/broker) and you have your normal set of 80-90 recipes to level up on and sell.  And the daily quests are really quite generous with faction, so that you should have no trouble getting everything you want within a month even if you miss a bunch of days.  And you can't shortcut by adventuring, so everybody is in exactly the same boat.

Is it perfect?  Certainly not, but I don't think there IS a perfect solution that will perfectly please everybody.  I think this is a pretty good option, and definitely worth a try.  If anyone does know the perfect solution though that will gain no complaints from anybody, I'm all ears!  SMILEY

Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #26
Donilla
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Carnival of Khaos

Loremaster

I was seeign teh daily tasks as something I would pick up each time I was questing in that area and complete along the way. Not as something I did singly. In beta I did it that way. And for the basic faction, meaning enough to get the recipes, it only takes the quest line plus a few of the missions.  Its the faction purchased items that take more.

Donilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #27
EQ2Magroo

Loremaster

DominoDev wrote:

OK, so here's a slightly longer answer.

Is it perfect?  Certainly not, but I don't think there IS a perfect solution that will perfectly please everybody.  I think this is a pretty good option, and definitely worth a try.  If anyone does know the perfect solution though that will gain no complaints from anybody, I'm all ears! 

Thanks for that explanation, it's calmed me down a bit. As long as some thought has gone into the mechanics then I can't complain too much, even though I don't necessarily agree with it.

I guess a lot depends on your viewpoint of if people should be "allowed" to level way quicker than others, and if they do will this affect the gameplay enjoyment of anyone else (if you think it affects their gameplay or not is irrelevant, they chose to level quick so it's their choice). I know with adventuring there are no limits as to what people are "allowed" to do over and above "exploits", but it seems that tradeskilling is a bit more controlled. This may not be a bad thing.

I think the reason I'm so stressed about this is for me (as a Woodworker) the 40k faction is not for fluff. I couldn't care less about the 10k faction recipes, they are easily purchasable from broker and won't cost me anything as I'll just pass the cost onto my customers by a slight increase to price of goods.

To me it looks as it the rare arrows are going to be a major seller (the normal arrows are pointless until players are using lvl85+ bows anyway) and I have no way of being able to make these for a couple of weeks. If I can't make them, and getting the faction is easy for even full time raiders (they can afford 30 secs a day for faction quests) and they can get the recipes more or less at the same time as me, then that's a whole market that is no longer open as it's then worth them getting it themselves. It's not like Woodworkers get anything decent to make anyway so that's why I was looking forward to these arrows (ooo look, I managed to get my other long term whinge into the post too )

Old 02-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #28
Domino

Loremaster

To me it looks as it the rare arrows are going to be a major seller (the normal arrows are pointless until players are using lvl85+ bows anyway) and I have no way of being able to make these for a couple of weeks. If I can't make them, and getting the faction is easy for even full time raiders (they can afford 30 secs a day for faction quests) and they can get the recipes more or less at the same time as me, then that's a whole market that is no longer open as it's then worth them getting it themselves.

Well, to address your concerns, there is no way for raiders to get the recipes before you do.  The only way to get the recipes is to earn Hua Mein Craftsman ally faction, and the only way to do that is via the tradeskill daily quests.  So if you are doing the daily quests every day, then you will have the arrows on the very first day they are available.  Nobody can get the recipes before you.

Also worth noting, they require a raid drop as the primary component, and it will be a while before lots of raids are regularly tackling all the raid mobs in the new expansion, so there shouldn't be a huge number of components available yet by the time the recipes are unlocked.  As it was set up for the expansion launch, we would expect only 1-2 components to drop on the average raid (although this is something we'll be keeping an eye on to see if the rate needs adjusting).

Old 02-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #29
Telden

Loremaster

Thank you for the explaination, Domino. It makes alot of sense.  I agree it probably is the best compromise between varying playstyles and levels of playtime (especially since, unlike in the past, adventurer/crafter hybrids don't get such an overwhelming advantage).

Plus, the implementation as stands just feels more realistic to me, as it takes some real time to prove to each faction that they should trust you. I've never liked the "hand in 1,000 muffins to a dwarf and suddenly in ten minutes the High Elves love you even though you are a stinking Innoruuk-worshipping Dark Elf who had previosuly butchered High Elves for years" (an old EQ1 reference, you had to be there, but the point is the same.  ).

I do also like the fact that each daily gives a little faction with the relevant adventuring faction too, as that makes sense, over time, that the whole group would come to trust you more, not just the crafters within that group.

I fully agree with your point about faction realism, Felishanna, but I feel I have to comment on the misinformation in your example from EQ1.

Stuffing Pandos Flintside with an absurd number of muffins only raises the following factions - Clerics of Tunare (Felwithe clerics guild), Faydark Champions (Kelethin rangers guild), Soldiers of Tunare (Kelethin druids guild), and King Tearis Thex (representing the Felwithe royal court and a few other npcs).

The dark elf who only fed Pandos wouldn't make it into Felwithe. The guards are not on any of the above factions (they're on Emerald Warriors), so they couldn't possibly care less how well fed that dwarf is.  Same goes for the merchants, and the other class guilds, each on their own factions. Every city in EQ1 is like this, having 6 or more separate factions, none of which are affected in any way by any other faction. It took me 2 years of tediously grinding dozens of factions to make a good teir'dal in EQ1.

Of course, this is a moot point; this is EQ2, not EQ1. Now I only have to do a few quests and pick up some garbage

Old 02-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #30
Valdaglerion

Loremaster

Can't argue with the logic but doesnt mean I have to like it SMILEY

Cant say the guildies will be either when I tell them tonight the guild hall will remain a mess for another few weeks until I can acquire the new bookcases I want to finish the library out . . . lol