EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Player Studio Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
wylonus

The Quiet Type

met a new friend in eq2, he want a hot air balloon as one of "placeable' ships that on marketplace.

a few new "npc" people/creature sized plushies as counter merchants or blackmarket dealers. they could be orcs, vampires.

and "dancing bride and groom" plushies, varied races, undeads/vampires/ghosts, haflings/gnomes, or any others.

feel free, but dont ask too much or too many.

wylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
feldon30

SOE Community Council

Aren't Plushies animated? I could see a hot air balloon though. SMILEY
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
wylonus

The Quiet Type

plushies animated? sure, that up to devs designers.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Covic

Developer

There are no plans on doing plushies, especially if we had to animate them.  Items that will require our Devs to do most of the work would not be good production choices for us. 

But I am still working out kinks to see what possible items we can add to the player studio pipeline.  So I dont have a lock on all the future items coming, but we want to make as much as we can possible for players to make.

As I have always said in the past, nothing is really ever set in stone on most things we do.  We are always willing to change and adapt to provide a fun game and great player studio program for our players.

Dave

Covic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
wylonus

The Quiet Type

okay, np, scratch that idea for now.

Hm, how about new series of "masks", with new flavor, "Venetian Masquade Ball" mask?

Old 02-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
Covic

Developer

We are getting ready to launch the hair catagory and in that process I have set up head bust of all the races and genders to our game so that hopefully we can add a helm catagory.  Biggest issue with this, just like the hair is that each character has slight differences and new helms will need to be made for each race and gender.

On a side note about the mask, we have been kinda working on something like that all ready.  Its being done by one of our good artist Aaron Bisnett.

Dave

Old 02-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
IceSy

Happy Camper

Covic wrote:

We are getting ready to launch the hair catagory and in that process I have set up head bust of all the races and genders to our game so that hopefully we can add a helm catagory.  Biggest issue with this, just like the hair is that each character has slight differences and new helms will need to be made for each race and gender.

On a side note about the mask, we have been kinda working on something like that all ready.  Its being done by one of our good artist Aaron Bisnett.

Dave

Is the hair going to be for EQ2 only?

IceSy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
Realmling

The Quiet Type

Covic wrote:

Dave

Would it not fall upon the modeler to make all the adjusted mesh needs for different races if they're not doing something more specific to say Sarnak or what have you? The UVs and such shouldn't change - just morphing the base mesh to work with each model and have the alternate obj file to reference? Right?

No different than these Halloween masks I made for Poser a while back - model the base version and then morph to fit other races... 

Or am I walking down the wrong path on this subject and should just shut up and go back to my furniture projects? 

Realmling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
Covic

Developer

Realmling wrote:

Covic wrote:

Dave

Would it not fall upon the modeler to make all the adjusted mesh needs for different races if they're not doing something more specific to say Sarnak or what have you? The UVs and such shouldn't change - just morphing the base mesh to work with each model and have the alternate obj file to reference? Right?

No different than these Halloween masks I made for Poser a while back - model the base version and then morph to fit other races... 

Or am I walking down the wrong path on this subject and should just shut up and go back to my furniture projects? 

You are correct in that morphing will get you part of the way there.  Then there is the issue of Ratongas, Iksar, Frogloks, and Sarnaks.  Then after all the helms are made we usaully start getting bugs because of customization, once a player makes bigger ears, nose, and cheeks clipping starts happening.

Dave

Old 02-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #10
Covic

Developer

IceSy wrote:

Covic wrote:

Dave

Is the hair going to be for EQ2 only?

Right now I am setting up hair for EQ2 only.  There is talks of adding it to EQ1 also.

Dave

Old 02-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #11
feldon30

SOE Community Council

Covic wrote:

So... are we going to be required to make our items for all races, genders, reg, and SOGA before they get added to the Marketplace? That means anyone wanting to create helms would need to make 60 of them.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #12
Reliquary

Happy Camper

feldon30 wrote:

Covic wrote:

So... are we going to be required to make our items for all races, genders, reg, and SOGA before they get added to the Marketplace? That means anyone wanting to create helms would need to make 60 of them.

Kinda shows why hats have been constantly reskinned since the year dot.  There are also 37 skeletons apparently (according to ttobey)

I can only imagine the work that was required to add freebloods to the game....

Reliquary is offline   Reply With Quote