EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > Tradeskill & Tradeskill Prestige
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
Senya

Loremaster

The following items cannot be crafted:

Grandmaster Carpenter's Basic Compendium, Volume III

• Decorative Apple Bowl
  • Handled Cabinet
  • Plain Utility Table

Grandmaster Carpenter's Advanced Compendium, Volume III

• Alchemist's Burner & Filtration
  • Alchemist's Vial Stand

*** The 3 windows that can be crafted using expensive osmium clusters create items that are labeled Handcrafted instead of Mastercrafted and have only 300 status reduction instead of the expected 1,500.

Grandmaster Carpenter's Basic Compendium, Volume IV (none of this recipes in this volume currently works)

• Ancient Elven Stool
  • Elven Bedside Table
  • Elven Bookcase
  • Elven Dresser
  • Elven Tavern Table

Grandmaster Carpenter's Advanced Compendium, Volume IV (do not have this volume yet)

All the recipes have the same problem when trying to create them. They all show this when clicking the create window:

Primary

1/1

Build

3/3

2/2

< COMPLETELY BLANK BOX > 0/2

Fuel

5/5

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:26 AM   #2
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Grandmaster Carpenter's Advanced Compendium, Volume IV

No recipes in this book can be crafted at this time.

The following recipes have 1 invalid component:

• Alchemist's Burner
  • Alchemist's Hourglass
  • Ancient Bar Shelf
  • Decorative Cursed Chalice

The following recipe has 2 invalid components:

• Coffin Pillow

Grandmaster Carpenter's Basic Compendium, Volume V

The following items cannot be crafted due to an invalid component in the recipe:

• Dwarven work stool
  • Dwarven work table

The following item is using the wrong crafting events, making it hard to counter events:

• swamp ash strong box - it says sculpting, it should be sculpting reaction arts, but events are coming up as woodworking

This leaves Advanced Volume 5 as the only book not yet reported on.

Out of left field, "drapes" gets badword filtered, so linking "matoppie fiber drapes" in chat can have some interesting results  ;D

Old 10-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Grandmaster Carpenter's Advanced Compendium, Volume V

(from Lunshea - I still don't have a copy of the book)

• ancient bar table, antique stone stove, dwarven chandalier, dwarven firepot, dwarven throne, bubinga strongbox - all recipes have a bugged blank ingredient, and thus cannot be crafted.
  • typo in recipe name and item name: dwarven chandalier should be "chandelier"
  • dwarven chandalier(sic) - cannot view the entire item in the preview window, the lamp part is below the bottom of the viewing window
  • dwarven firepot - cannot preview in dressing room
Old 10-31-2012, 01:10 AM   #4
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

After today's patch that included carpenter fixes:

• Carpenter recipe "bubinga strongbox" says it is using sculpting, but the events occuring are incorrectly popping up as woodworking events.  (This is the same bug as with the swamp ash strongbox)
  • the dwarven firepot is still invisible
  • dwarven chandelier is anchoring to the floor instead of the ceiling
Old 10-31-2012, 01:23 AM   #5
Senya

Loremaster

Ancient Elven Stool recipe creates a stool (correct icon, correct item is produced) but the item that falls into your bag is named incorrectly as "Plain Utility Table". 

Old 10-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #6
Senya

Loremaster

What happened to these recipes?  These were in the advanced Volume III book.  I was going to craft them for beta testing since the carpenter resources had been patched in, but there are no recipes for them now.

• Alchemist's Burner & Filtration
  • Alchemist's Vial Stand

Old 10-31-2012, 02:32 AM   #7
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

For those who want to eyeball it all, the back room of Heroes of Test guildhall of Gorowyn has it, as well as a medium home on the leadboards entitled  "Expansion Carpenter Furniture"

Old 10-31-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
imphe2

Loremaster

Niami,

I'm still looking for the books so I can test them myself.  Were the items in your medium house just from 1 book or was that everything from all the books?

ps- thank you Devs for the curtains!

Imphyte
- lvl 66 Beserker & lvl 92 Carpenter

Old School -Antonia Bayle
imphe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

[email protected] wrote:

Niami,

I'm still looking for the books so I can test them myself.  Were the items in your medium house just from 1 book or was that everything from all the books?

ps- thank you Devs for the curtains!

That was everything (other than the strongboxes) for the 3 basic, 3 advanced books.  There had been two more items in the books (the alchemist's stuff mentioned a couple posts ago), but they disappeared with the patch that fixed the rest of the carpenter recipes.

Edit: I should also mention that there's a high use of osmium for carpenter rares this time around, which doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling, since osmium is a spell rare (and the highest-priced rare on most servers, I'd be willing to bet!).  I'd far rather see the rare ore being used more, and the spell rares being used less for furniture.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

/supported. As a mage, I tend to use a lot of my osmium for spells already.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

NiamiDenMother wrote:

Edit: I should also mention that there's a high use of osmium for carpenter rares this time around, which doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling, since osmium is a spell rare (and the highest-priced rare on most servers, I'd be willing to bet!).  I'd far rather see the rare ore being used more, and the spell rares being used less for furniture.

Agreed. Tungsten Ore is a much better choice for rare furniture, Niami hit the nail on the head there.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
Senya

Loremaster

Also agreed.  Spell rares hadn't been used for mastercrafted furniture in quite some time.  I'd much prefer that get changed back to the ore. 

Old 11-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
Afista

Loremaster

Here are a few bugs and feedback after playing with some items today:

Lvl 94 – Grandmaster Carpenter’s Basic Compendium, Volume IV

·         Ancient Elven Stool – examine window description showing as “Plain Utility Table”, correct stool graphic shown in dressing room though

Lvl 95 – Grandmaster Carpenter’s Basic Compendium, Volume V

·         Miner’s Lucky Geode Pile – item graphic missing underneath (art?)

·         Miner’s Lucky Geode Pile – item graphic missing underneath (art?)

Lvl 93 – Grandmaster Carpenter’s Advanced  Compendium, Volume III

·         Double-Arched Stone Window – currently placing as a floor item instead of a wall item. Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

·         Embossed Wooden Framed Window – currently placing as a floor item instead of a wall item. Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

·         Single-Arched Stone Window – currently placing as a floor item instead of a wall item. Item created is named differently – “”Single-Arched Stone Frame Window”. Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

Lvl 94 – Grandmaster Carpenter’s Advanced  Compendium, Volume IV

• Decorative Cursed Chalice - Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

Lvl 95 – Grandmaster Carpenter’s Advanced  Compendium, Volume V

·         Dwarven Chandelier – Currently placing as a floor item instead of a ceiling item. Could not  find grasp point to examine/move item after placing. Does not preview correctly in dressing room (item off screen). Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

·         Antique Stone Stove - Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

·         Drarven Throne - Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

**The lvl 93 and 94 Advanced Recipe books currently only have 3 recipes each in them.  Any chance we could have a couple more items?  Maybe some more window options or additional drapes?  Those drapes are awesome! <3 to whoever made them!

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
imphe2

Loremaster

OK here is my grumpy, no coffee and 7am opinion....

I have to admit, I'm pretty underwhelmed with the carpenter items except for the drapes and the windows.

The windows I'm just "meh" on. I hope they don't use osmium come launch time or I'll never bother to make any. I would have loved a square version of the ovals already in the game or something similar. There are some great windows all throughout the game, some in majdul or the ones in the haunted house (first floor by the door) so we know you have some wonderful art available if you wanted to use it.

I'm hoping there is something out there for us like the thurg tiles or maybe some fill in recipes like building blocks for halas tiles? The tile work in Majdul or even the batten board looking walls with the small decoration along the bottom edge would have been nice. Again, great art is out there is you want to use it.

Out of 6 books, decorators got 4 items they wanted and only 1 doesn't require a crazy expensive rare and no faction merchant decorating items. Other then the ability to level to 95, I just don't see any draw to this expansion.

Imphyte
- lvl 66 Beserker & lvl 92 Carpenter

Old School -Antonia Bayle
imphe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Afista wrote:

Here are a few bugs and feedback after playing with some items today:

Lvl 93 – Grandmaster Carpenter’s Advanced  Compendium, Volume III

·         Double-Arched Stone Window – currently placing as a floor item instead of a wall item. Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

·         Embossed Wooden Framed Window – currently placing as a floor item instead of a wall item. Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

·         Single-Arched Stone Window – currently placing as a floor item instead of a wall item. Item created is named differently – “”Single-Arched Stone Frame Window”. Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

Lvl 94 – Grandmaster Carpenter’s Advanced  Compendium, Volume IV

• Decorative Cursed Chalice - Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

Lvl 95 – Grandmaster Carpenter’s Advanced  Compendium, Volume V

·         Dwarven Chandelier – Currently placing as a floor item instead of a ceiling item. Could not  find grasp point to examine/move item after placing. Does not preview correctly in dressing room (item off screen). Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

·         Antique Stone Stove - Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

·         Drarven Throne - Please use Tungsten instead of Osmium!

**The lvl 93 and 94 Advanced Recipe books currently only have 3 recipes each in them.  Any chance we could have a couple more items?  Maybe some more window options or additional drapes?  Those drapes are awesome! <3 to whoever made them!

I snipped a bit out of the above - but the rest of this is still current.   In addition, the crafted matoppie fiber drapes are currently placing as a floor item.  Should they not be a wall item?  (As in, the base of them is anchored to the floor - this may be intentional, but I wanted to check.)

The dwarven firepot has gone the way of the two alchemist's pieces and been totally removed from the recipe books.

I echo the drapes love, and would adore to see them in some other colors!  SMILEY

Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #16
Omougi

Developer

In additon to the bugs above being addressed, we've changed the primary component of many of the carpenter recipes from Osmium to Tungsten.  SMILEY

Old 11-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #17
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Omougi wrote:

In additon to the bugs above being addressed, we've changed the primary component of many of the carpenter recipes from Osmium to Tungsten.  

Thank you!!

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #18
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Omougi wrote:

In additon to the bugs above being addressed, we've changed the primary component of many of the carpenter recipes from Osmium to Tungsten.  

/halfling happydance