EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

it still locked for over 4 hrs.

checking each hour is getting old.

so, how much time guessing before it finally open?

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Elomort

Loremaster

I will guess 3pm

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
chelanfarsight

Loremaster

Elomort wrote:

I will guess 3pm

im assuming you mean Pacific time.

won't matter much for me for a while anyways, still 2gigs away from finishing the download.

chelanfarsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
Ijest

Looking forward to seeing new expansion, when will servers be up, still saying locked to me.

Ijest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Onurissa
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Order of Marr

Lord

chelanfarsight wrote:

Elomort wrote:

I will guess 3pm

won't matter much for me for a while anyways, still 2gigs away from finishing the download.

Shouldnt take long with a decent connection, mine was D/Led in only a few minutes.

Onurissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
Elomort

Loremaster

I just copied the paks and music in from the old directory to the new one. Took about 60 seconds.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #7
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

Put me down for 4:50PM Pacific time, so they can skedaddle out the door by 5 and leave us fuming all evening.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
Elomort

Loremaster

chelanfarsight wrote:

Elomort wrote:

I will guess 3pm

Actually no, 3pm sometime in late 2012 SMILEY

Old 12-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #9
naladini

Loremaster

"afternoon" is a pretty good sized window. Based on the previous messages though, the quickest way to check is to click the My Account button at the top of the forums. When that loads up properly, we're likely good to go in game.

Fan Faire Fun: 2010 - 2007 - 2006 - 2005
naladini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Usual stuff get the servers up for US prime time. Ensures the EU servers don't get the discos. My patcher keeps throwing an error message in any case after downloading the main patch.

Thunderthyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #11
Felshades

Loremaster

It'll be up... Soon(tm).

http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon

"Soon™: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon.""

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #12
Archae

Tester

You realize EQ1 was using "soon" (TM) long before WoW existed right?

Can you spare a....
Archae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #13
Kasar

Loremaster

I remember when Soon meant the bug had been fixed but nobody had pushed it to the servers so they remained down another two hours.

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #14
BMonkeeus

Loremaster

About 20 min.
BMonkeeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
mquiteshy

Loremaster

Scenerio....launch day, all managers are sitting at the table.

Head manager :"so today is expansion day, all our customers just payed alot of money for this "

Head manger :" so this is how we are going to launch this, First lets gather all the data we got from the few weeks of beta and then all the data from test server"

Head manager "ok, so take all the data and put it right here in the middle of the table"

Head manager "ok, now we do what we know works...wing it"

mquiteshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #16
Felshades

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

You realize EQ1 was using "soon" (TM) long before WoW existed right?

My mom's mom was using soon before EQ1 existed.

That's just an official definition .

L2takeajoke

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #17
Psylence
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Strangers With Candy

Loremaster

has there been any official response yet?  SMILEY

Old 12-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #18
Lempo

Loremaster

I can not find the thread now, but over 4 hours ago a post was made about some 'unforeseen' (lol as always) issues causing delays and that they would keep us updated, and not another word from there. SOE communicating with it's playerbase nothing has or will change there. I know, I know smokejumper I'm just a troll.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #19
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

lol, MQ, i thought that head manager and his co-workers were using "locked" characters for poker chips.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #20
Scrag
Server: Befallen
Guild: Lunar Dawn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I can not find the thread now, but over 4 hours ago a post was made about some 'unforeseen' (lol as always) issues causing delays and that they would keep us updated, and not another word from there. SOE communicating with it's playerbase nothing has or will change there. I know, I know smokejumper I'm just a troll.

But you play a Dark Elf on the forums...

Scrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #21
Psylence
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Strangers With Candy

Loremaster

just resubbed after almost a year being gone.  and yes, it appears some things never change  /laughs shaking head

Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #22
Reiella

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

From what I understand, they are continuing to communicate on Facebook and Twitter.  Although, largely it comes down to "Is it up yet?" "No" "How about now?"  :/.

Reiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #23
Iad

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

just resubbed after almost a year being gone.  and yes, it appears some things never change  /laughs shaking head

Well, this is a huge transition. A lot of stuff is happening right now. Anyone that thought it would be on time were kidding themselves. =p

Iad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #24
Meinen

Loremaster

Freeport must not want to be reborn...its the only thing that i can think of that would have issues considering all the zone changes. But not even DoV was down for this long and it had 3x the content.

Meinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #25
Lempo

Loremaster

Reiella wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

From what I understand, they are continuing to communicate on Facebook and Twitter.  Although, largely it comes down to "Is it up yet?" "No" "How about now?"  :/.

This is the official site, the message was posted here promising to keep us updated, I know you are just being helpful but I don't care anything for facebook or twitter, if I want to get an update on the game I SHOULDN'T have to go beyond the official site, of course ineptness gets in the way.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #26
Riftsburn

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Freeport must not want to be reborn...its the only thing that i can think of that would have issues considering all the zone changes. But not even DoV was down for this long and it had 3x the content.

Yeah, but much more going on.  This is not just the expansion they're doing today, but that's been said all over the boards today, so I'll stop here. SMILEY Be patient, all will be awesome.

Riftsburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #27
Kuulei

Tester

DOWNTIME EXTENSION:

We have encountered some unforeseen issues that we want to address before unlocking Accounts and Commerce, to ensure that we provide the best possible experience for all our customers. At this time, we expect Accounts and Commerce to come back online this afternoon. We regret that the unlock on EQII servers will also be delayed to this afternoon.

While we have no solid eta at this time, we will continue to update you as quickly as we can as more info becomes available!

It seems that may be still the issue and has them scratching thier heads. Something that couldn't possibly be 'tested on beta'. Looks like this is causing someone to see characters that are "Locked: because this character is beyond your current character limit" At least I hope so! I was sure I had like 14 slots and now I only have 10

Old 12-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #28
Reiella

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

From what they said during the webcast, the delay was with the account services.  I also imagine that's the bulk of the downtime anyway due to migrating accounts over and such.

Reiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #29
Vroya

Loremaster

Felshades wrote:

It'll be up... Soon(tm).

http://www.wowpedia.org/Soon

"Soon™: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon.""

Can't resist putting this in too (my other favorite game has "soon" too)

http://my.lotro.com/user-34/2010/09...ng-to-sapience/

"Please keep in mind; the measurements below are highly accurate (as are their relationships to each other). However, the descriptions are for entertainment purposes only. Unless you win money, then you owe me 10%.

NOW! Never gonna happen!

At some point in the future (also; At some point) We’re in pure Nostradamus territory here. We have a magic 8 ball and even it said, “Ask again later”.

In the future This isn’t going to happen during any variety of soon you care to use. In fact, it’s pretty far out there. Not as far as ‘at some point’, we’re certainly not suggesting you book vacation time just yet, but, we’re probably talking about something that is possible within the current time line. Assuming, of course, the Mayans got it wrong and we’re still here after all that crazy ‘end of the world’ stuff.

In the near future This is absolutely, positively, without question, a possibility. In fact, it might even be a real possibility. But as to when, we’ll have to get back to you on that one.

Soon™ No lie. It’s going to happen. It’s going to happen really freakin’, like, eventually. But it will happen!

“Soon” It’s official! We have given consideration to a possible date and we now have several possibilities!

Soon We’ve narrowed the date down to something within the calendar year!

soon No really, we have a date now! It’s even penciled in on a calendar somewhere!

MoreSoonerish We have a date, and we’re probably going to tell you what that date is…soon!

Incredisoon OK! We’re done messin’ around. We have a date, we’ve found the calendar we wrote it on, and we are going to tell you. Like right freakin’ shortly! Seriously! Tomorrowish-esque™ This is going to happen within the next 24 hours. Give or take some random number of hours which may or may not exceed an amount equal to the number of miles between the reader and the International Date Line divided by 163.97241. Unless the person is actually standing on the International Date Line at the time of reading, in which case the world will end in a cataclysmic divide by zero error and none of this will matter anyway. This is all barring any conflicts with ‘The Schedule’, of course.

As soon as possible Time being the slippery thing it is, this has quite probably already happened. If not, it is very likely to happen while someone is typing up the message telling you when it will happen. Assuming,  that it is in fact possible.

Modifiers, adjustments, and other fun stuff.

Capitalization As a general rule, capitalization will tip you off as to a measurement’s place in time. Capital letters denote a longer period of time than lower case letters. This applies to all uses of capitalization when dealing with time. Thus Soon is longer than soon. Like wise, MoreSoonerish, Moresoonerish, and moresoonerish are all incremetally shorter periods from longest to shortest.

TM and its uses The notorious ™ has very specific meanings. It denotes a longer period of time than the word or phrase would otherwise represent without the addition of the ™.

Quotes The use of quotes, like the use of TM and Capitalization has specific meaning. It is another measure of extending the noted period of time. Though it denotes a shorter extension than either ™ or Capitalization.

Combined notation When you see a combination of modifiers (™, quotes, and capitalization) you must consider the impact of all modifiers on the base measurement. The more modifiers, the larger the expansion of time from the base measurement.

Addendum A: Spooky Stuff

It’s on schedule This relates exclusively to a highly theoretical method of calculating time commonly referred to as, ‘The Schedule’. The Schedule is part of an emerging understanding of time called Quantum Sapience Time. Schedule Time has the amazing ability to exist, not exist, and potentially exist or not exist all at the same instant. It is only the act of observing The Schedule that forces it into a fixed state in which the normal rules of Sapience Time apply. This is commonly called “entanglement”. Entangling one’s self with The Schedule is a very risky proposition as it can lead to temporal disorientation. Especially as it does not require one to be in any physical proximity to The Schedule. Albert Einstein himself referred to this as “Spooky action at a distance.”

Addendum B: Backward Causality

We told you so Any attempt to look back upon or view the flow of Sapience Time from a future point will amplify and enhance the predictive and pre-deterministic nature of soon. The effect of this observance is to reveal the perfect accuracy of all predictions within the fabric of the Sapience Time Continuum. In short, the act of releasing content will cause the time line to become self evident and clearly predictive of the exact moment in the future at which the release will happen when viewed from that future."

Vroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #30
Meinen

Loremaster

oh i see, thanks for the corrections...and i am patient btw, i don't really care when the servers come back up. I am distracted by season 3 of Heroes!

Meinen is offline   Reply With Quote