EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
Splatterpunk28

Loremaster

Amazingly enough, even after this huge update:

• 90's are still in 30's bgs 9 out of 10 times (for 90s and 30s this is no fun, 'exploit' or not).
  • I still go into bgs in which I cannot attack other people (no tokens rewarded, but truancy is if you leave).
  • I still go into bgs in which it is all on the same team against no one (or insane 8 vs 1 odds).
  • Players that pregroup often end up on opposing teams if they are lucky enough to have a functioning one.
  • We still have no information on jewelry/weapons that were supposed to come out months ago.
  • And, yes, they are nearly completely dead due to the above issues and lack of response to them.

SoE's chance at breathing any type of life into these by fixing these critical issues has passed.  I think it's a huge mistake considering how popular these once were.  My real-life refer-a-friend (shock -- those do exist) loved this game specifically because of bgs (since open world pvp is another story of failure for completely different reasons). She left months ago between the two.

I've witnessed a lot of problems, I've taken a few 'breaks' from the game when it's been particularly buggy and unenjoyable, but no entire feature of the game has ever been this broken for this long without any response.  If you look under my handle you'll see I've been a member since launch.   I will never recommend a game of yours to anyone in the future.  Good bye.

Splatterpunk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
Vaylan77

Loremaster

Splatterpunk28 wrote:

• 90's are still in 30's bgs 9 out of 10 times (for 90s and 30s this is no fun, 'exploit' or not).

Sadly to say but it is no exploit. Ended up with my 82 warden in a T4 BG once also, was not mentored before, nothing. I left rightaway because it is just a big joke to play there against lowbies. I hate that as well on my T4 chars. But it looks like it is really a bug, not an exploit.

Vaylan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
Makembleed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: D O O M

Loremaster

Splatterpunk28 wrote:

• I still go into bgs in which I cannot attack other people (no tokens rewarded, but truancy is if you leave).
  • I still go into bgs in which it is all on the same team against no one (or insane 8 vs 1 odds).
  • Players that pregroup often end up on opposing teams if they are lucky enough to have a functioning one.
  • We still have no information on jewelry/weapons that were supposed to come out months ago.
  • And, yes, they are nearly completely dead due to the above issues and lack of response to them.

SoE's chance at breathing any type of life into these by fixing these critical issues has passed.  I think it's a huge mistake considering how popular these once were.  My real-life refer-a-friend (shock -- those do exist) loved this game specifically because of bgs (since open world pvp is another story of failure for completely different reasons). She left months ago between the two.

I've witnessed a lot of problems, I've taken a few 'breaks' from the game when it's been particularly buggy and unenjoyable, but no entire feature of the game has ever been this broken for this long without any response.  If you look under my handle you'll see I've been a member since launch.   I will never recommend a game of yours to anyone in the future.  Good bye.

Well said and captures the frustrations of many.  We were hoping the long-anticipated GU61 would address these issues, which have been a problem for months.  Alas, it did not.  I suppose it's time to accept reality--BGs are gone and SOE is not particulary bothered by that. 

Makembleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
SacDaddy420

Loremaster

just shut down battlegrounds.  They are ruined.   You have failed.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Agreed, nobody does these anymore now.

No reason too.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
Elskidor

Loremaster

That's what they say about rolling zerkers too.

Elskidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
Silverzx

Loremaster

just roll back bgs to before tundra and the hub was introduced.   old bgs were way better than the new bgs anyway.

Silverzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
Balrok

Loremaster

Splatterpunk28 wrote:

This remaining unfixed bug has killed BGs by itself.  I don't understand how this bug has continued for so long while they patch and fix stuff that no one cares about.  At the very least please, for the love of god, post something that you acknowledge it and are trying to get a fix as soon as possible.  Until then, I'm assuming your not even looking at it and focusing all your time on making sure the house voting system is fully functional.  Every day that goes by, this bug gets worse.  It's like a virus growing to ensure the remaining people that attempt to BG rage quit.

Priorities are so messed up.  I felt the BG community was thriving and actually pushing subscriptions prior to Velious.  I guess SoE doesn't feel the same and doesn't see their subscriptions dropping like flies.

so fail it's mind boggling.

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
Lethe5683

Loremaster

Silverzx wrote:

just roll back bgs to before tundra and the hub was introduced.   old bgs were way better than the new bgs anyway.

Yes.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
Duckschu

Philosopher

[email protected] wrote:

Splatterpunk28 wrote:

This remaining unfixed bug has killed BGs by itself.  I don't understand how this bug has continued for so long while they patch and fix stuff that no one cares about.  At the very least please, for the love of god, post something that you acknowledge it and are trying to get a fix as soon as possible.  Until then, I'm assuming your not even looking at it and focusing all your time on making sure the house voting system is fully functional.  Every day that goes by, this bug gets worse.  It's like a virus growing to ensure the remaining people that attempt to BG rage quit.

Priorities are so messed up.  I felt the BG community was thriving and actually pushing subscriptions prior to Velious.  I guess SoE doesn't feel the same and doesn't see their subscriptions dropping like flies.

so fail it's mind boggling.

I find it terribly unlikely that SOE will ever do anything about this. This is typical - we don't know how we broke it, so we'll say its working as intended and never touch it. I mean come on, when 6 people actually que for a BG and its consistantly 2 vs 4 or 1 vs 5, you gotta imagine that SOE is lost. If you can't do basic math (even teams) why even try something harder like code.

Duckschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
Beelzebub

Loremaster

If they fix this, they should also reduce the amount of tokens you need to buy BG gear. You need well over 1000 to fully gear and adorn, and at an average of 2 per instance, that's a long, long time.

Beelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #12
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

It's not going to be fixed, it's going to be it has been stuffed in the closet next to the maj'dul arena.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:20 AM   #13
gdawg311

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

Silverzx wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

gdawg311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:35 AM   #14
Corydonn

Loremaster

I could go on a rant right now about how EQ2 could probably be ten times more awesome with an active PVP developer... But I'm pretty lazy right now...

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #15
Vaylan77

Loremaster

i had the hope that Bgs would be more populated once they all grant faction but still they are quite empty, you have to wait a long time to enter, still no 6vs6 gears, no smuggler opens, no ganak, still bugged in tundra alone in one team or without any team, the annoying and useless hub does not help either...i really would like to play bgs as they were before. when i could play ganak when it was daily without 5 mins wait in between the bgs. it's all gone now. as one said before - just roll everything back to what it was before: remove tundra, remove the faction, remove the hub and finally fix all the bugs.

Vaylan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #16
zboim

Loremaster

This is so irritating. At the behest of a friend, I've just started BGs in Eq2, and fully 4 out 7 times I've spawned in the center, solo, unable to attack or be attacked. I am then unable to revive and must either sit there until the end of the match for no reward or leave early and incur a penalty.

I'm not sure which constitutes more shameful behaviour by the devs: the complete lack of a response,  the complete lack of a fix, or the fact that this made it to live in the first place.

I can't imagine how people more invested than I am must feel.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #17
Ahlana

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I can't imagine how people more invested than I am must feel.

PO'd

The fact that we can't even get a Dev to say anything at all.. even "we acknowledge it" is frustrating to no end.

I don't even think they read these forums any more. This is more game breaking than Crit Chance on Pre80 gear.. yet nothing for months now..

Old 09-16-2011, 01:49 AM   #18
BetaTester

Lord

spending dev money turning a fairly sucessful BattleGrounds into a ghost town

reminds me of Turbo C 2.0 , they couldn't just slap a GUI on it , they had to 'improve it'

the nobles need the best gear because their content is harder ,

and four times as many people ain't enough
BetaTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #19
Brigh

Loremaster

I haven't played EQ II since May and reading all this makes me not care to bother to remake a pvp AA profile.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #20
Davngr1

Loremaster

come on...  bg's is pretty much broken right now.   fix it ffs

Old 09-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #21
Talathion

Loremaster

you forgot to add.

- Lack of Fun in BGs.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #22
Grumble69

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Agreed.  They are WAY beyond the point of a bug fix.  They need to be shut down until a major overhaul can be done.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:35 AM   #23
Lord Gib

Loremaster

gdawg311 wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

Silverzx wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

YES!

Old 10-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #24
Tygana
Guild: Dragon Fodder

Loremaster

Lord Gib wrote:

gdawg311 wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

Silverzx wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

YES!

YES x 5!

Tygana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #25
Britefire

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Lord Gib wrote:

gdawg311 wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

Silverzx wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

YES!

YES x 5!

YES

I miss being able to run many battlegrounds in a day, with working teams, no PvE in them (tundra is no fun at all imo), and no faction grinds to get gear.  the gear was even GOOD in pve, not amazing, but good

Thanks for making a great feature as useless as a level 90 fighting without armor using level 1 spells.

Britefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #26
Ilovecows
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Lord Gib wrote:

gdawg311 wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

Silverzx wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

YES!

YES x 5!

YES

I miss being able to run many battlegrounds in a day, with working teams, no PvE in them (tundra is no fun at all imo), and no faction grinds to get gear.  the gear was even GOOD in pve, not amazing, but good

Thanks for making a great feature as useless as a level 90 fighting without armor using level 1 spells.

YES. SMILEY

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #27
Talathion

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Lord Gib wrote:

gdawg311 wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

Silverzx wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

YES!

YES x 5!

YES

YES.

Yes!

Old 11-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #28
Elwin
Server: Venekor
Guild: Blades of Honor

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Lord Gib wrote:

gdawg311 wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

Silverzx wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

YES!

YES x 5!

YES

YES.

Yes!

Yes!

I only re-subbed for bg's and I can't believe what a shoddy disaster they are now.

Elwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #29
Souse

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Lord Gib wrote:

gdawg311 wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

Silverzx wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

YES!

YES x 5!

YES

YES.

Yes!

Yes!

I only re-subbed for bg's and I can't believe what a shoddy disaster they are now.

Yes. There was a time in which battlegrounds was very fun, but that has passed. It is completely gone. All the magic, sparks, and nice emotions are now filled with emptiness. Please get rid of them or create a huge revamp to fix EVERYTHING.

Souse is offline   Reply With Quote