EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
Amnerys

Community Team

On Wednesday, December 15, qualifying EQII and EQ2X accounts who have met the requirements for Velious Winter Rewards will find a new bag in their /claim window which contains two new items; December's rewards are a Coldain Butler and a Scars of Velious in-game painting.

Read More

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:57 AM   #2
Anestacia

Loremaster

I love that painting!  I love anything put in this game that pays homage to EQ1 and this painting does it perfectly! 

Old 12-15-2010, 03:13 AM   #3
NViDiaFReaK

Loremaster

Is it just me. Or should I wonder when my roaming Butler is gonna be beamed back up to the mothership. Its either that or he mugged someone on deepspace 9 and stole their clothes!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:25 AM   #4
Cloudrat

Tester

I swear I have seen some pictures of women working at SOE, maybe I was mistaken.  LoL Here is another gorgeous, scantily clad woman in a painting and  what do we get for a boy toy?   Mini me Uncle Fester.  sheesh Hehe nice stuff

Old 12-15-2010, 03:36 AM   #5
Amnerys

Community Team

Hmm...should we place an order for a shirtless barbarian butler next time? SMILEY

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:38 AM   #6
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

Forget the coldain butler, how about coldain coloration for dwarf PCs?  Not that I'd use either one, but I'm not a fan of dwarves.

The painting I'm going to grab on several characters.

Edit:

Amnerys wrote:

Hmm...should we place an order for a shirtless barbarian butler next time?

Hell yes!  And dark elf butlers, for those of us who like the skinny girlymen!

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:56 AM   #7
NViDiaFReaK

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

If they are female woodelves by all means leave the shirts off. I'm just saying when my Butler stops following me after an hour I hope there's a awesome flash of light when Scotty beams him back up.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:57 AM   #8
Cloudrat

Tester

Amnerys wrote:

Well I actually thought it was obvious without having to come right out and say it but ..... Ratonga males are the sexiest of all the Norrathians

edited to add: /whispers and maybe kerrans but you didn't hear that from me

Old 12-15-2010, 04:00 AM   #9
NViDiaFReaK

Loremaster

Cloudrat wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

Well I actually thought it was obvious without having to come right out and say it but ..... Ratonga males are the sexiest of all the Norrathians

edited to add: /whispers and maybe kerrans but you didn't hear that from me

/hugs cloudrat Some delusions are left untold....
Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #10
Masako
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Vigilance

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

Heck yes, I could sure go for that!

Love the painting for sure and the fact that it's framed so differently than anything that's currently out there. Can't wait to claim it!

-| Master Carpenter and Decorator |-

Olisha - Necromancer - Crushbone | Nari - Illusionist - Crushbone | Xailah - Dirge - AB

Masako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:53 AM   #11
Tuatha
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Cheese Pirate

Loremaster

The painting is lovely! But that frame, oh dear. No, just...no.

I'd love if you made it so you could switch between gaudy-fancy-sparkly-over-the-top-kitchy frames (LON paintings, player made paintings, this Velious reward painting) and simple frames (the ones used on the original eq1 /claim pictures and status bought pictures).

Frames should not distract the viewer from the picture. That is exactly what that frame is, distracting.

As for the creepy pale and beardless dwarf, I don't think I want him lurking in my house touching all my cheese while I'm out adventuring.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #12
MrWolfie

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

so long as she's wearing a kilt SMILEY

Old 12-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #13
Katz

Loremaster

I don't have anything new in my claim window.  Is is supposed to be available on live already?

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #14
NViDiaFReaK

Loremaster

Katz wrote:

I don't have anything new in my claim window.  Is is supposed to be available on live already?

from the link above ^^^^^ 

Read More

These rewards should be available around mid-day on Wednesday, December 15, 2010. Keep checking EQ2Players for updates about the upcoming EverQuest ® II Destiny of Velious™ expansion launch scheduled for February 8, 2010, and for more news about the Velious Winter Rewards promotion.  

Old 12-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #15
Katz

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Katz wrote:

from the link above ^^^^^ 

Read More

These rewards should be available around mid-day on Wednesday, December 15, 2010. Keep checking EQ2Players for updates about the upcoming EverQuest ® II Destiny of Velious™ expansion launch scheduled for February 8, 2010, and for more news about the Velious Winter Rewards promotion.  

Sorry about that.  I came to the forums first and saw everyone talking about them and got all excited and logged in to look at them. 

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #16
NViDiaFReaK

Loremaster

Its all good.. the base/support for my samsung 21" monitor (the metal Clip that attaches the back of the monitor to the stand) broke 5 mins after i posted that .  :::Hates Karma:::

Can I please get some Gnomes to come fix it... having my secondary monitor sit on my desk leanign up against the wall like a screen is really weird.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #17
Katey
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Kindred Souls

Loremaster

Did I miss something?  According the the website it states that you have to of pre-ordered the new expansion in order to get these rewards.  Maybe that's why it's not available till mid day?  I couldn't find a place to pre-order yet. 

This is from the website:

Starting in December and ending in February, active EQII Live subscribers and EQ2X Gold and Platinum members (with accounts in good standing) who purchase the upcoming EverQuest ® II Destiny of Velious™expansion will receive a set of in-game items as complimentary subscription rewards each month. 

Old 12-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #18
Cyliena
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

Did I miss something?  According the the website it states that you have to of pre-ordered the new expansion in order to get these rewards.  Maybe that's why it's not available till mid day?  I couldn't find a place to pre-order yet. 

Starting in December and ending in February, active EQII Live subscribers and EQ2X Gold and Platinum members (with accounts in good standing) who purchase the upcoming EverQuest ® II Destiny of Velious™expansion will receive a set of in-game items as complimentary subscription rewards each month. 

*facepalm* Now copy/pasting.....

*Accounts in good standing on December 14, 2010 will qualify for the first two items. *Meeting the same qualifications on January 17, 2011 will earn you the second set of rewards. *The final set of rewards will be awarded to players who met the December and January requirements and order the Destiny of Velious expansion pack by December 31, 2011.

No where is the word pre-order stated anywhere. In fact, this was answered many times before:

Amnerys wrote:

We haven't started pre-orders yet, but you do not have to have pre-ordered the expansion before launch. You only have to meet the stated qualifiers (active subscription in good standing on the stated dates) and purchast the expansion before the end of 2011...not the end of 2010.

The rewards most likely are not available until mid-day because today's hotfix will likely add them in, or they need someone to push a button to run a script for it.

Need... moar... coffee...

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #19
Cabral

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Read the full page.

December and January require an active subscription.

Only February requires Destiny of Velious (and that you qualified for December & January). The line you quoted is the requirement to get all 3 sets of rewards.

Cabral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #20
Katey
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Kindred Souls

Loremaster

Thank you... I don't read every single post here, if I did I would never have time to actually play the game.  Clearly I need my coffee this morning.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #21
Miznit

Loremaster

Just a quick question about my new butler.  Is he the guy that is gonna get to clean the blood and guts from my armor for me?  I mean, as an orge, I generally just lick my sword clean between fights, but after a few days killin' stuff, my armor starts to resemble the floor of a slaughter house.  Just sayin'....

Of course, he'll probably just follow me around saying "You gonna clean that armor?  It's making the whole place smell so BAD!"

(On a serious note, let me thank you for the rewards.  I think they're great, and can't wait to get the rest of them.  Oh, and the expansion...can't wait for that either, of course SMILEY )

Miznit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #22
Oobo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Extinction Agenda

Loremaster

Im sorry i have to ask..[Removed for Content] is with you guys and these HOUSE item rewards? 90% of the time any rewards or Marketplace stuff u add has been HOUSE ITEMS even the [Removed for Content] 7year vet reward, 7 YEAR, was a house...NOT EVERYONE in this game wants house crap or decorates, hell not even 60% wants to do that...yet the majority of stuff u add is house related =(

i PRAY the Feb item isnt a house item...Add some cool weapons, gear, illusions...SOMETHING we can look at every day and NOT jsut once a month or two when we zone into a house for 5mins...and thats being generaous about the time alot of us spend in our house....IMO  if u were gonna reward your LOYAL customers who have spent 7years with u after all the crap u have put us through...7year Vet should have been a mansion liek it is with the ability for us to ADD a few amenities... atleast then it would have been useful for the masses...

Oobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #23
Leiloki
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Im sorry i have to ask..[Removed for Content] is with you guys and these HOUSE item rewards? 90% of the time any rewards or Marketplace stuff u add has been HOUSE ITEMS even the [Removed for Content] 7year vet reward, 7 YEAR, was a house...NOT EVERYONE in this game wants house crap or decorates, hell not even 60% wants to do that...yet the majority of stuff u add is house related =(

i PRAY the Feb item isnt a house item...Add some cool weapons, gear, illusions...SOMETHING we can look at every day and NOT jsut once a month or two when we zone into a house for 5mins...and thats being generaous about the time alot of us spend in our house....IMO  if u were gonna reward your LOYAL customers who have spent 7years with u after all the crap u have put us through...7year Vet should have been a mansion liek it is with the ability for us to ADD a few amenities... atleast then it would have been useful for the masses...

These are fluff rewards.  Cute things to promote the new xpac.  And you already know what the Feb. rewards are - Freebloods and the mount.

Leiloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #24
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

You know that the February rewards were the first ones announced, right?

Old 12-15-2010, 12:11 PM   #25
Darkbladek

Loremaster

For those that attended Fan Fair 2010, and get the free Digital Download of the expansion, will we still qualify for the final rewards?  Or will we have to buy/pre-order the retail version to get them?

Darkbladek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #26
Leiloki
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Darkbladek wrote:

For those that attended Fan Fair 2010, and get the free Digital Download of the expansion, will we still qualify for the final rewards?  Or will we have to buy/pre-order the retail version to get them?

It's been said a few times ya'll are good.  =)  When you get flagged for the xpac, that will be fine for the rewards.

Leiloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #27
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Darkbladek wrote:

c/p from the original thread yesterday:

Broomehilda wrote:

Will those of us that purchased Platinum passes for Fan Faire this past August and are going to receive a digital copy of the new expansion as part of the platinum pass...will we qualify for the Velious Winter Rewards?

This was answered already on page 7:

Amnerys wrote:

It's been a busy week and I can't remember if I've posted this or not, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself...but yes, those who went to Fan Faire and get the expansions as a gift for attending will automatically get the February rewards if they meet the other qualifications.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #28
Darkbladek

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Darkbladek wrote:

c/p from the original thread yesterday:

Broomehilda wrote:

Will those of us that purchased Platinum passes for Fan Faire this past August and are going to receive a digital copy of the new expansion as part of the platinum pass...will we qualify for the Velious Winter Rewards?

This was answered already on page 7:

Amnerys wrote:

It's been a busy week and I can't remember if I've posted this or not, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself...but yes, those who went to Fan Faire and get the expansions as a gift for attending will automatically get the February rewards if they meet the other qualifications.

Thank you.

Darkbladek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #29
Chunkaliscious

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I have a theory about this.  Every time they add a house item, all the "housies" are all over the boards thanking the dev and showering them with accolades with the coolness of the item that was just added.  Maybe everyone should take a hint from this and throw a thank you to the devs every now and then, begrudingly or not.

I'll go first. . " Thanks to the devs for once again giving me something for free to play with."

I bet if the butler came off of some leet raid mob boss that required weeks of planning and raid wipes to obtain, some people would then complain how hard it was to get some "fluff" item.

Chunkaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #30
Siman

Champion

[email protected] wrote:

@Oobo

[Removed for Content]!  You're not very smart but you're very angry.

Siman is offline   Reply With Quote