EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > Overland / Contested Zones (CoE Beta) > Obol Plains
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #31
Kaitheel

Dev

elowith wrote:

Shades of Drinal: Incantory Corruption - been wandering around a while and haven't been able to find the 'nether space'.  Isn't near Tourbillon where I would have expected it.

You should be able to see the portal at the wizard spiress.  Can you not see the black swirling mass there?

~Kaitheel

Old 10-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #32
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Kaitheel wrote:

You should be able to see the portal at the wizard spiress.  Can you not see the black swirling mass there?

~Kaitheel

I don't know if I'm on the same step and should see the same thing, but while on Tourbillion Interruption, I now see spires (complete spires, same as in other areas, like Lavastorms and such, not broken) but there's definatedly nothing in the middle of them. No kind of swirl. I was in High Perf wit hparticles to max, switched to High quality, still nothing.

EDIT: ok, now I'm on the right step and there's indeed a black & violet mass swirling on the spire platform. Shouldn't it show before we have to stop it though?The art of the nether space is very good. I thought I would enter another of those grey empty spaces but the new texture of it is perfect!

Galen Cadabrak – Cadabrak’s Crippling Concoction

Once more, you need to land the killing blow to get this quest to update. Could it be changed to group validation? This is really a pain for summoners. If my pet kills them, I don't get update either.

There's not a lot of Tiruns in the vicinity so I would suggest asking for 9 skirth but only 4 Tirun instead of 8. Yes, I know, there's more in the valley around, but they're not as easy to get.

Naisha Vallinasis – Soiled Soil

In my last dialog bubble, I say "I'm fine. What's another shambler? I guess that was enough to prove your theory." I don't understand why I'm saying "What's another shambler?".

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #33
elowith

Loremaster

Shades of Drinal: Devoted Knowledge.  I have the living mud but the kiln doesn't see it.

elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #34
Peysel
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Tranquility

Tester

Cardin Ward

a big Rock is coming through the wall into the building, not visible when close but visible from entrance - Location 416.43, 15.45, 53.28 (Orientation) 267.92

Two windows in a building have dodgy bottom right corners (art) - Location 383.28, 11.94, -48.00 (Orientation) 9.44

There are 2 Defending NPCs defending from inside a building and casting at attackers outside, I think these guys should be outside of the building -  Location 456.48, 15.17, 81.59

Quests

There is water that doesn't behave as water when you go in the deep part, you run go under, you can't swim, stay mounted, don't have a breath meter and can't die.  There is no water sound when you enter. - Location 595.77, -19.35, -50.76

Quest: Thugs on a Plain

On part 2 - Rescue captured cardivians, the cardivian npcs need  the red book above their head as I've noted we usually have on these kind of quests.

Quest: The Cardin Gate

Someone already mentioned somewhere about kill stealing NPC's preventing updates, but the NPC's also have a chance (including Epicx2) of turning on your mercenary (mines a paladin), the Epicx2 killed my merc

Quest: Out of the Fire

There is a Twilight Fern with only it's head poking out of the ground, I also noted an astral bush doing the same thing nearby, when the Twilight Fern is burned for the quest, the seed pod remains underground.  I forgot to note the location - oops

Quest: Tamaris of the Tuatara

Glisten Frill roots are hard to find simply because they really blend well with the other bushes, they look great but can we get their names listed above them like other harvestables, and maybe white sparklies or green ect..  Also maybe it could be noted on the quest that we are looking for bushes to dig the roots from, rather than actual roots   I searched the whole zone for root looking things heh.

Obol Plains

1) There is a revive point at - Location 159.21, 71.62, 245.66 (orientation) 46.00.  I'm not happy with being planted in the bushes almost nose to the cliff, it's difficult to see (maybe it's easier for larger toons? I'm a Fae)  can this be moved to slightly more open ground?

2) Where the River comes from under the cliffs there is some art that needs tidying up underneath, look all under there - Location -95.51, 9.69, -452.01 (Orientation) 13.62

3) At Augurs Landing, the Druid Rings are not sitting neatly on the ground and some stones are hovering slightly (amazing magic - no?)

Feedback

I think the artwork in Obol Plains is just gorgeous, the plains, the trees on the beach, the bushes ect.. the Gliders look more at home here than in KOS, I love them seeing them gliding around and that little spin they do up into the air and down is cute.  I particularly like the look of the Obol Shambler mob, this was nicely done.

Peysel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #35
Whilhelmina

Tester

Clicky jar at -413.34, 14.95, 42.46 – Bandit Busters

I cannot find any way of activating the Soul Trapper. The icon remains greyed out and when I click I have the message "There's no point in placing this".

EDIT: ok, after checking with another player, it's the same old problem as half the quests around. If my pet or merc kills the mob, no ghost spawns. If I land the killing blow, the ghost spawns ad I can capture it...

Old 10-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #36
Chrol

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

Clicky jar at -413.34, 14.95, 42.46 – Bandit Busters

I cannot find any way of activating the Soul Trapper. The icon remains greyed out and when I click I have the message "There's no point in placing this".

EDIT: ok, after checking with another player, it's the same old problem as half the quests around. If my pet or merc kills the mob, no ghost spawns. If I land the killing blow, the ghost spawns ad I can capture it...

A fix is forthcoming so that the quest can be updated if your pet or merc kills the bandits.

-Chrol

Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #37
Misia

Lord

After the update today I finished the Mad Crown quest. Upon turning it in, when the reward window should have popped up my client crashed. Upon logging back in the window was up and I got the reward. However, I thought I should report the client crash.

Misia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #38
SlashnGut

Loremaster

Tried the Taming of the Tuatara quest yet again yesterday and again the first 10 attaempts to use the leash the tuatara aito aggroed. I finally managed to get one tamed but after trying another 20 times to get a second one, with every one again auto aggroing the second I used teh leash I just gave up and deleted the quest. Totally not worth the hassle if they cannot fix it.

In addition to the above I also tried to fire the living mud in the blessed kiln again - and lo and behold it is still  broken and the kiln is not recognizing that I have the mud to be fired.

Sucha 92 Conjuror/92 Sage

Mrshal 92 Monk/92 Carpenter

Bloodwingg 92 Necromancer/92 Tailor

Tior 92 Warlock/92 Provisioner

Holyer 92 Paladin/92 Armoror

Grogg 90 Berserker/92 Alchemist

Etat 90 Bruiser/92 Jeweler

Dawizz 90 Wizard/92 Woodworker

Punting 90 Brigand

Kountdracula 90 Dirge

Omgiman 92 Warden

SlashnGut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #39
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

Tried the Taming of the Tuatara quest yet again yesterday and again the first 10 attaempts to use the leash the tuatara aito aggroed. I finally managed to get one tamed but after trying another 20 times to get a second one, with every one again auto aggroing the second I used teh leash I just gave up and deleted the quest. Totally not worth the hassle if they cannot fix it.

In addition to the above I also tried to fire the living mud in the blessed kiln again - and lo and behold it is still  broken and the kiln is not recognizing that I have the mud to be fired.

1) Leash distance has been increased.  It's not a bug that it will aggro the tuatara if you get too close.  They are aggro.  Try to use the leash at a distance so they won't aggro you.

2) I don't know why this is happening now, or why it seems to occurr randomly for other recipes out in the world, either.  Thankfully, you can pick the mud from your inventory through the tradeskill window and progress the quest.

~Kaitheel

Old 11-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #40
Whilhelmina

Tester

quick note, there's a fix for that listed in the patch notes.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #41
Nebbeny

Tester

Quest: Out of the Fire... not seeing anything at all clickable other than creatures in the blue areas near Soul's Crossing. Neither was another person on this stage of the quest at the same time.
Nebbeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #42
tantric

Loremaster

I spent 2 hours last night in the target area in blue on the map even turned up to very High performance and still cannot find the Seed pods or anything clikcable in the area

not showing on my divining rods either

tantric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #43
Kaitheel

Dev

Nebbeny wrote:

Quest: Out of the Fire... not seeing anything at all clickable other than creatures in the blue areas near Soul's Crossing. Neither was another person on this stage of the quest at the same time.

Nor will you find them.  From my investigations into the issue today, it appears to me that it's an issue with the art asset itself.  I have sent the error messages to our art lead.  Hopefully, it will be resolved soon!

**Update!

Issue identified!  The art fix will be for the next art update, which should be tomorrow (11/6).

~Kaitheel

Old 11-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #44
Olihin

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

Cardin Ward

a big Rock is coming through the wall into the building, not visible when close but visible from entrance - Location 416.43, 15.45, 53.28 (Orientation) 267.92 - This should no longer be an issue.

Two windows in a building have dodgy bottom right corners (art) - Location 383.28, 11.94, -48.00 (Orientation) 9.44

There are 2 Defending NPCs defending from inside a building and casting at attackers outside, I think these guys should be outside of the building -  Location 456.48, 15.17, 81.59- This should no longer be an issue.

Quests

There is water that doesn't behave as water when you go in the deep part, you run go under, you can't swim, stay mounted, don't have a breath meter and can't die.  There is no water sound when you enter. - Location 595.77, -19.35, -50.76

Quest: Thugs on a Plain

On part 2 - Rescue captured cardivians, the cardivian npcs need  the red book above their head as I've noted we usually have on these kind of quests.

Quest: The Cardin Gate

Someone already mentioned somewhere about kill stealing NPC's preventing updates, but the NPC's also have a chance (including Epicx2) of turning on your mercenary (mines a paladin), the Epicx2 killed my merc

Quest: Out of the Fire

There is a Twilight Fern with only it's head poking out of the ground, I also noted an astral bush doing the same thing nearby, when the Twilight Fern is burned for the quest, the seed pod remains underground.  I forgot to note the location - oops

Quest: Tamaris of the Tuatara

Glisten Frill roots are hard to find simply because they really blend well with the other bushes, they look great but can we get their names listed above them like other harvestables, and maybe white sparklies or green ect..  Also maybe it could be noted on the quest that we are looking for bushes to dig the roots from, rather than actual roots   I searched the whole zone for root looking things heh.

Obol Plains

1) There is a revive point at - Location 159.21, 71.62, 245.66 (orientation) 46.00.  I'm not happy with being planted in the bushes almost nose to the cliff, it's difficult to see (maybe it's easier for larger toons? I'm a Fae)  can this be moved to slightly more open ground?- This should no longer be an issue.

2) Where the River comes from under the cliffs there is some art that needs tidying up underneath, look all under there - Location -95.51, 9.69, -452.01 (Orientation) 13.62- This should no longer be an issue.

3) At Augurs Landing, the Druid Rings are not sitting neatly on the ground and some stones are hovering slightly (amazing magic - no?)- This should no longer be an issue.

Feedback

I think the artwork in Obol Plains is just gorgeous, the plains, the trees on the beach, the bushes ect.. the Gliders look more at home here than in KOS, I love them seeing them gliding around and that little spin they do up into the air and down is cute.  I particularly like the look of the Obol Shambler mob, this was nicely done. - Gracias! I will pass the note to the artists as well.

Thank you for your feedback!

Olihin

Olihin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #45
RogueSpideyChick

Loremaster

I didn't see this one listed anywhere so I thought I'd add it.

Gehein Congolmeration

on the step to kill obol shamblers. they have the feathers on them for the updates, but now that I'm on the step for them, they've suddenly become unattackable. They still look like normal attackable mobs but when I try to cast a nuke or hit them, i get the message "not an enemy". 

I'm also on the quest "Soiled Soil" to obtain obol shambler seeds. I'm not sure if having both of the quests on the steps for the same mobs bugged them out somehow or what happened.

RogueSpideyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #46
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

Gehein Congolmeration

on the step to kill obol shamblers. they have the feathers on them for the updates, but now that I'm on the step for them, they've suddenly become unattackable. They still look like normal attackable mobs but when I try to cast a nuke or hit them, i get the message "not an enemy". 

It's not just you, or a bizarre combination of quests, Arica.  It was a bug that was unfortunately introduced with this last update.  It's been fixed on our side and should be rolled out with the next Beta update!

~Kaitheel