EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #61
ChrissyFaey

Loremaster

You guys might want to amend all the times Age of Discovery has been called an Expansion as opposed to a 'Feature Pack' such as the official release posts, wiki, and various sponsored sites.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=509032

and

http://www.everquest2.com/news/arti...011&id=5071etc...

I believe Splitpaw and Mara were also a Feature Pack that was included in later expansion releases. Seems to me that Age of Discovery shouldn't be excluded? There was also a Collector's Edition of Age of Discovery ... Collector's Edition 'Feature Pack'? ... I'm pretty sure you guys considered this an expansion up until last week. Just trying to figure out what's going on.

At least drop all the marketplace items from both bundles and include clothes, mounts, or houses. SMILEY

ChrissyFaey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #62
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

DoF's pre-release cost at 29.95 compared to CoE's 59.95?

DoF got more stuffs and loaded for 10 more levels compared to CoE for miserly 3 new levels and more expensive with same old SC items that was available for long time, then why they are on those stuffs that we dont need, we can still buy them on SC.

these are not new stuffs. just another recycled consumables.

where are the "prestige" new house zone?

by the way, STOP making excuses! and NO to those "part 2, part 3" update patches that we been experienced with DoV's split patches instead of "Full-Blown" one-deal expansion?

DoV still feel lot of areas missing that should be there long time ago, i dont think Skyshrine is final part, there few more still missing. i assumed that "Azure Spire Islands" by other name, might be high up in the sky similar to KoS theme but more frozen everfrost theme in the sky.

by the way, what is announced date of launching CoE?

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #63
Hirofortis

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

As it stands I have to agree that one tapestry and an undefined mercenary is not worth an extra $20.

I am curious, however, about the "Hero's Blessing of Experience" which others have classified as "garbage".

If this is something to top up experience, but usable more often than the current gadget (looks like a fishscale), which off the top of my head refreshes about 5-6 days then, as an altoholic, I might be interested.

Just another one off potion and you can forget it.

I clasify it as garbage becasue it is a potion.  If you read it says 1 - 6 hour 100% xp.  It is nothign more than a normal potion that lasts 6 hours. after that it is gone. Thus Garbage.

Hirofortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #64
Hirofortis

Loremaster

Hey I got a great ideo for your SOE. How about you put all the old expansions on SC when  they have been out a year.  That is the only way you will see me buy any of them for my kids. And why should you care at that point.  At least you get soemthing for them.

Hirofortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #65
Mystikreign

Loremaster

Hirofortis wrote:

Hey I got a great ideo for your SOE. How about you put all the old expansions on SC when  they have been out a year.  That is the only way you will see me buy any of them for my kids. And why should you care at that point.  At least you get soemthing for them.

That is an awesome idea. I think more people would be willing to come back or get them for kids or for secondary accts, if this was made possible. If only SOE will listen.

Mystikreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #66
Brigh

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

DoF's pre-release cost at 29.95 compared to CoE's 59.95?

DoF got more stuffs and loaded for 10 more levels compared to CoE for miserly 3 new levels and more expensive with same old SC items that was available for long time, then why they are on those stuffs that we dont need, we can still buy them on SC.

these are not new stuffs. just another recycled consumables.

where are the "prestige" new house zone?

by the way, STOP making excuses! and NO to those "part 2, part 3" update patches that we been experienced with DoV's split patches instead of "Full-Blown" one-deal expansion?

DoV still feel lot of areas missing that should be there long time ago, i dont think Skyshrine is final part, there few more still missing. i assumed that "Azure Spire Islands" by other name, might be high up in the sky similar to KoS theme but more frozen everfrost theme in the sky.

by the way, what is announced date of launching CoE?

We are still missing the Siren's Grotto, which I thought was said was going to be in DoV content.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #67
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Here is an unaltered side-by-side comparison of this year's two expansions:

Is there really anything else left to say about how wrong this is?

THIS!! Wow..

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #68
kenmei071

Lord

well these boards didn't exist since the last time I posted (freeport player). You broke me off from this game when you released AoD and reneg'd the promise made of 'every expansion but last for free'. Especially the part where you kept us in the dark until AoD's release...classy move.

Your promise then was a new plan of 'all future content would be free' and all future expansions would be like AoD, defined as 'feature packs'.

So what is it now? You have my attention, I looked and low and behold, you're charging for content, lol.

but wait, ok, all content is free if you buy this expac... but not AoD, and the merc cannot be used without an AoD purchase. So essentially $100 to get up to date? That was the price for being up to date last go around and why so many of us left.

So, I went to EQ1 for it's ftp release after you broke our hearts here, only to find you release a f2p eq1 without gear unlockers, why? Why would you continue to alienate your playerbase with shady practices and just not be up front, give a good deal and get the most out of a happy playerbase? Seriously, you haven't changed in any way, Planetside 2 is destined to be the same obviously.

Just do the right thing, but for some reason, you can't! Well, good luck with that. So many opportunities lost by SOE, and only yourselves to blame.

kenmei071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #69
Moldylocks

Loremaster

When its a side-by-side comparison like that, you really have to shake your head and wonder what they are trying to pull.  Really, a bunch of SC consumables? I can't see anyone justifying the extra cash payment for such an enemic CE, merc or not. 

Well, there is nothing compelling here for me.  Pass.

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #70
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

I mentioned this in another thread on this subject, but figured I'd drop my few copper here as well.

Since the merc needs to have AoD to even be used, why not have AoD included in the CE version only?  It really does not make sense to offer this on the CE yet not have what it needs to work.  It's like someone buying a car only to not have the keys or the distributor cap missing.  Yeah, you have the nice shiny item, but you can't do anything with it.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:21 AM   #71
Brigh

Loremaster

I'm sure starting tomorrow, people at SoE Live will be commenting on it.

-Stephen Colbert

Old 10-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #72
Orionza

Lord

I rarely post on the forums but had to for this. Both my sister and I were planning on buying a Collector's Edition copy for the first time this time. I missed several previous ones and am still kicking myself that I didn't buy the CE with the Lavastorm house.  I was really looking forward to owning my first CE with this game.

But then, I saw we are not getting a house in this CE. Now both of us don't want to buy it. Even the preorder standard edition is so very light. One other person on our server also mentioned they had wanted to get the CE for the first time this time, but if there were no additions made to it, would not be purchasing it.

I was very disappointed when I saw the inclusions in this expansion, and so were others. I won't be buying it unless a home is added.  A lot of us are careful what we buy these days and we need to see some real added value when spending any extra money or we just don't buy.

Thank you for your consideration!

Orionza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #73
Pakhet

Loremaster

Moldylocks wrote:

When its a side-by-side comparison like that, you really have to shake your head and wonder what they are trying to pull.  Really, a bunch of SC consumables? I can't see anyone justifying the extra cash payment for such an enemic CE, merc or not. 

Well, there is nothing compelling here for me.  Pass.

For me, every other CE has been passable because I don't care about houses, or house items, house pets, etc. I don't decorate. I have 10+ mounts already, don't care much about a mount with no stats. The merc however, does tempt me, if they'd release some info on it that is. SMILEY

Pakhet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #74
Ryptide
Server: Permafrost

Loremaster

What other sources will be offering a digital version? i.e. Amazon, Gamestop.. etc.  

If I can't pay for it at a my local store, I would like to at least be able to purchase it via a source I trust with my credit card information.

Ryptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #75
Brigh

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

What other sources will be offering a digital version? i.e. Amazon, Gamestop.. etc.  

If I can't pay for it at a my local store, I would like to at least be able to purchase it via a source I trust with my credit card information.

I have paid via cc for years with SoE with no problem.

-Stephen Colbert

Old 10-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #76
Moiya
Server: Najena
Guild: Knights of Honor

Loremaster

STILL waiting to hear when preorder ends, so I can make up my mind for sure wat I'm getting even though we are still getting screwed on the CE this time around

Moiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #77
Amekoi

Loremaster

I think this makes the first expansion I'm just not excited about at all.

What happened to all my fluff swag? Armors, horses, pets, houses... all those things seem like they're pretty easy to toss in with the preorder to make it worth my time and my money. Instead, I looked at what I would be getting, went "meh", and I'm just not sure if it's worth getting the expansion at all.

Very very disappointing.

Amekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #78
swedago

Loremaster

More information on the CE Werewolf Merc =)

Old 10-19-2012, 02:46 AM   #79
Zergosch

Loremaster

I want a pre-order price for the normal version SMILEY i dont care about the merc 

Beside of that, i want one price for all of us 

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:42 AM   #80
Kathlean

Loremaster

I press "buy now" $59.99 and then I come to a "log in" page. I log in, but now the "buy now" button is greyed out. As the amount is in danish kroner this problem maybe is only for danish customers. Please let your SOE computerfolks fix the error.

Kathlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #81
Leko

Loremaster

Will SOELive attendes have the chance to pay an upgrade fee for the CE?

Old 10-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #82
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

+1 have you the same dedicated credit card to pay for eq / eq2 since 1999, have never seen any charges on it other then the subscription. Card is not used for anything else. So I guess that is a prety solid indicator that you can "trust soe" and not listen to the FUD

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #83
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Mohee wrote:

BOX EDITION PLZ! 

I'm not handing over my Debit/Credit card to SOE.

You said and I quote...

Dexella wrote:

we will no longer accept Station Cash as a payment method for Expansions and DLC Packs. Real-world currency will be the only way to purchase these products.

Hello?! I thought cash money was "real-world currency." Matter of fact, technically debit/credit is VIRTUAL currency.

they are only accepting "cash money" and "real world currency" you are confusing fantasy "Virtual Currency" with tangeble "virtual currency" a credt / debit card is backs by real world funds in realy world banks that woll make good on the utilzation of it for purchase anywhere in the real world, where as Station cash is defined as "virtual world currency" simple becasue would love to see how you would pay for a dinner an Emerle's or to put petrol in your car with this type of currency - not ginna happen

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #84
sorie67

Lord

When will it be release?  Don't see a release date on the announcement.

sorie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #85
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

Kathlean wrote:

I press "buy now" $59.99 and then I come to a "log in" page. I log in, but now the "buy now" button is greyed out. As the amount is in danish kroner this problem maybe is only for danish customers. Please let your SOE computerfolks fix the error.

After you log in and get to the select version to buy page, select a version.  Then the buy button will un-grey.

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #86
Ryptide
Server: Permafrost

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Good for you.  I've had numerous billing errors, as have many others.

Ryptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #87
Brigh

Loremaster

Anyone else notice the lack of enthusiasm when Holly mentioned the CE on the EQ II keynote?

-Stephen Colbert

Old 10-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #88
HotRod

Loremaster

Dexella wrote:

we will no longer accept Station Cash as a payment method for Expansions and DLC Packs. Real-world currency will be the only way to purchase these products.

So once I give you money it's no longer 'Real money'?    Um,  forget any future sales of SC to me then.

HotRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #89
Anastasie

Loremaster

November 13th is the current launch date that was announced at soelive. At least in the past, preorders were available through the day before launch - no official word on this expac...

I do agree the CE edition seems really underwhelming.  Where is the unique mount or house or something tangible that isn't a cop-out consumable from SC???

Anastasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #90
Brigh

Loremaster

This just in: Holly just said WW merc will be either a paladin or healer choice. Current merc paladin last news I heard still fails to heal himself or others properly, or use his ward.

-Stephen Colbert