EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Expansions and Adventure Packs
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #61
Nameliss
Server: Mistmoore

Loremaster

These themepark games pretty much HAVE to be solo friendly up until level cap. Especially with as fast as reaching level cap is now adays. The majority of players are capped shortly (within weeks if not days) after starting the game, with zero incentive to go back to the older areas. This makes it near impossible to have group content requiring late starting players to group with 4-5 other people. They would basically just be standing around with their thumb in their a.... not able to play the game. That is not conducive to keeping your players paying you. In fact I quit EQ1 and went back to UO precisely because of that.

In EQ2 when I make alts I'm usually lucky to see 1 or 2 other people in zones under level 40. It could be like that all the way til the level 90 zones for all i know, but I usually start a new alt around 40-50, because i have more fun in the lower levels.

Also, claiming solo content is too easy when using a merc (which by definition is not soloing) is kind of a weak argument. I generally only use mercs to run dungeons when my brother isn't on.

that said, I wouldn't mind having some overland areas setup as group content in EQ3,and while they are at it make some of the dungeons soloable. Good mix for both playstyles that way.

but in eq2 I don't really see the point in wasting dev resources on it with all the dungeons we already have for group stuff.

Nameliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #62
Shredderr

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

So there a large thread and smaller ones of what people want to see. This could be endless in great ideas frankly. What I'm more concerned about is MMO 'mainstays' that I am sick of and things I just plain don't like in EQ2.

-Tab Targeting Combat: This may seem small but at this point it is nearly a non-starter for me. It also happens to be a non-starter for any kind of action combat, even if these upcoming MMO's insist they still have action combat with it. Tab-targeting = last gen combat. The End. SoE has already made a decent start of good combat with DCUO, lets not take two steps back, shall we?

-Shallow Crafting: This is an EQ2 concern. Either make the crafting a truly deep and rewarding experience, or just make it 'set it and forget it' crafting. This extremely easy yet reactive crafting of EQ2 is painfully boring and time consuming.

-Calling big groups 'Raid content': 2 or 2 1/2 groups does not raiding content make. I've already had to mourn the loss of what I consider real MMO raiding when the sizes of EQ1 and DAOC weren't carried on in new MMO's. 20 players is the absolute minimum I would consider a base for the bulk of raid content. x2 and x3 sizes are fine for some parts, though. This speaks to another point.

-Calling small groups an 'MMO': Call me crazy but I like my massively multiplayer online games to be massively multiplayer. Not massively simultaneous single player or small group. A persistent world with lots of people running around does not make a MMO all on its own. They are already trying this bunk with these supposed 'next gen' MMO's that have been announced and feature lists laid out.

-Multiple hotbars needed/Bloated ability pool: Would be nice if a large part of my screen real estate wasn't buttons I had to push. I'd prefer it be used to view the gameplay. This is usually a result of a bloated ability pool, 5-10 ways to hit a single target isn't needed when you can just make one of those reuse fast and bump up their overall performance.

-Disabling the ability to PLAY: Fine in moderation, extremely maddening in bulk. Basically control effects. being repeatedly disabled imposes the exact opposite of gameplay. When something happens that is the equivilent of unplugging your keyboard and mouse and there is no way out, it is completely unnecessary and has little to nothing to do with skill.

I'll probably come up with more as the days go on.

This is very true and when u have a toon with no defense agaist this it becomes just logging and watching yourself get controlled . Why the developers thought this would be fun I have no idea but the issue is made far worse when pvping or bg's. I actually pick casting speed adornments for my monk as opposed to anything else so he has the chance to cast his much needed temps, without witch  he is not a tank :/

Knowall 92 mystic Nagafen

Shredderr 92 wizard Nagafen

Shredderr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #63
Fredcat

Loremaster

No roleplaying flag except for roleplaying servers. Anyone who has played EQ or EQ2 can tell you 99% of the people that use this flag are NOT roleplayers. They are farmers, spawn campers, botters, exploiters, etc that hide their character behind this flag. As soon as I see someone flagged as roleplayer in either EQ or EQ2 I pretty much know they are hiding something and/or up to no good.

Fredcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #64
Brigh

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

-Shallow Crafting: This is an EQ2 concern. Either make the crafting a truly deep and rewarding experience, or just make it 'set it and forget it' crafting. This extremely easy yet reactive crafting of EQ2 is painfully boring and time consuming.

Vanguard.

You can stop and answer the door/phone/sleep and come back to resume where you left off if you keep your computer on and the server hasn't gone down. You actually have to think on what you want to use to proceed to the next step.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #65
Brigh

Loremaster

Fredcat wrote:

No roleplaying flag except for roleplaying servers. Anyone who has played EQ or EQ2 can tell you 99% of the people that use this flag are NOT roleplayers. They are farmers, spawn campers, botters, exploiters, etc that hide their character behind this flag. As soon as I see someone flagged as roleplayer in either EQ or EQ2 I pretty much know they are hiding something and/or up to no good.

Or they don't want to be bothered by spammers, or other annoying people, like people that are paranoid about people with their rpg flag turned on.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote