EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Look and Feel
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
Britefire

Loremaster

At the moment, it is impossible for ratonga to show a walk znimation by normal means.

With the untoggleable 5% runspeed, walk mode becomes Slo-Motion run mode, is there any chance of an ability, similar to the "Singullar focus" that stops aoe autoattack, but that instead negates all +runspeed effects?

It would be very nice for making videos, and for roleplaying purposes!

(Or maybe make walk mode negate all runspeed buffs)

Britefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:38 AM   #2
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

I've been in game since launch and I've yet to see Ratonga, Dwarf, Gnome have a normal walk animation.  It was always their run animation slowed down to a very slow jog.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
Britefire

Loremaster

Yeah, I think it is because of the racial 5%, they cannot walk!  It is annoying, esoecially if you want to make videos!

Old 09-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
kelvmor

Loremaster

No idea what you guys are talking about, my dwarf berserker and ratonga brigand are walking just fine:

You see, Ttobey added a new walk animation for dwarves/gnomes/halflings. Ratonga have always walked as they do in my screen shot. The 5% runspeed boost that both my dwarf and my ratonga does not affect their ability to walk, as you can see in my screenshots.

EDIT: A note: Ttobey added in the new walk animation for dwarves/halflings/gnomes around the release of DoV.

kelvmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Britefire

Loremaster

Well, guess I was confused then.  I thought ratonga had a different walk animation, oops.  It would be nie to see a more Walk-like animation at some point, though that would probably be low priority compared to the expansion and other things.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
ttobey

Developer

I would like to see a toggle-able walk for the rats too. It's more of a trot right now. 

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

the trot though is actually very realiztic due to the fact that the ratonga are digigrade walkers. like a cat or dog.  that just how animals like that tend to move.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #8
Leawyn

Loremaster

kelvmor wrote:

You see, Ttobey added a new walk animation for dwarves/gnomes/halflings.

Maybe for MALE halflings, but all my female halflings still slo-mo jog when they walk. =(

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:45 AM   #9
TorrynWoodsrunner

Fansite Staff

ttobey wrote:

I would like to see a toggle-able walk for the rats too. It's more of a trot right now. 

I've never liked the ratonga's 'walk', even when it was possible to get them to do so. It has always looked to me like they've really got to go to the bathroom.

Take a look at the walk animation for the werewolf provided by the 'Wolves Howl' LoN item. While it's a bit hulking (as it should be for that model), the walk animation is far closer to what I would like to see on the Ratonga.

TorrynWoodsrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
kelvmor

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

ttobey wrote:

I've never liked the ratonga's 'walk', even when it was possible to get them to do so. It has always looked to me like they've really got to go to the bathroom.

Take a look at the walk animation for the werewolf provided by the 'Wolves Howl' LoN item. While it's a bit hulking (as it should be for that model), the walk animation is far closer to what I would like to see on the Ratonga.

It's just the same walking animation as a regular gnoll. The drolvargs (which is the "werewolf" from the Wolves' Howl illusion) share all animations with gnolls. And it is still possible to get a ratonga to walk.

kelvmor is offline   Reply With Quote