EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Coercer
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-23-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

ever wonder if coercers are actually able to dps? well they can if the mob isnt mental resistant or even immune they can beat 2 k easy!

Allies: (02:21) 3727264 | 26434.50 [Samblak-Ice Nova-12717] Breezy 384490 | 2726.88 <------my 70 coercer! Forus 377248 | 2675.52 <---- 70 ranger doing pretty well for himself! Davngr 355856 | 2523.80 <---- 70 necro also pretty decent! Dackit 342098 | 2426.23 Sabbeth 324658 | 2302.54 Samblak 311038 | 2205.94 Ashako 258860 | 1835.89 Rodgort 243586 | 1727.56 Makevil 236962 | 1680.58 Falizar 204622 | 1451.22

deleted all of this parse that was under 1 k anyways here is proof that coercers can in fact dps decently! oh btw i was in MT group with a guardian / swashy / mystic / templar / warden well and my coercer!

Allies: (01:13) 1946558 | 26665.18 [Samblak-Ice Nova-12183] Falizar 201562 | 2761.12 <---- swashy from MT group! Breezy 187282 | 2565.51 <--- me coming in second! Sabbeth 175814 | 2408.41 Dackit 170504 | 2335.67 Davngr 159126 | 2179.81 Forus 157844 | 2162.25 Ashako 152244 | 2085.53 Samblak 134600 | 1843.84 Makevil 117868 | 1614.63 Lyth 78084 | 1069.64 Rodgort 73806 | 1011.04

Second parse im a lil lower on dps cause i was feeding power to healers and doing stuns etc in between my dpsing! anyways i dont ever wanna see a coercer post a post that they are not dps tehy are able to dps with the right AA setup and the right mindset and ofc the rigth skillset with combining spells debuffs etc

Oh and on top of this the raid did not i repeat did NOT have a brigand !!!!

Greetz tha retired coercer breezy summerblaze

AdiX__Styxx__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #2
madha

General

Did you not have people warding the tank.. Reactive Dmg sucks for DPS and is a poor concept for a class based on stunning.
madha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:38 AM   #3
Raidi Sovin'faile

Loremaster

What zone was that?

Because I challenge you to parse that well in say... Labs, with a decent raid setup.

Raidi Sovin'faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:31 AM   #4
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

the first parse was hos! the second parse was DT and yes in labs the parses would be a lil tougher cause the drakotas in there are mental resistant and resist alot more the droags however still give good parses! named mobs aswell except for the eye with the arcane / melee shield thats just a tad of luck i guess!

havent got a parse available for lyceum yet but if ya look at eof zones like EH and inner sanctum im around 2 k 2300!

Old 05-24-2007, 08:34 AM   #5
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

oh also look at my group setup since im in the MT group i didnt have troubadour (proc song) / fury (vim more int) / inquisitor (faster cast times) meaning in non MT group ya would be able to parse even higher as a coercer altough that slot is ussually for a illusionist!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:20 AM   #6
Merowing

Loremaster

hi, well i cant say anything to the parses in kos instanzes since many gu's but we raid active in eof. freethinker as full zone i hit as supporter in mt group around 1k dps. single mob dps for example the Zylphax the Shredder i go up to 1,35k dps. some special items and i wil get 100-200 dps more so - that for me the max i think for eof instances. hole eof instances around 800-1200 dps.. at kos there will be more dps perhaps, resis, nerfs and s.o. SMILEY
Merowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
AziBam

Loremaster

I definitely agree with Madhatr in that reactives and stuns are a goofy combo.  However, wards shouldn't have any effect on our reactives.  If they are then that is DEFINITELY broken.  (Playing both a mystic and a coercer I'm interested in knowing.)  I may have to test this with a defiler guildmate.  To the OP.  I'm not sure what exactly you are posting there.  It can't be zonewide.  But it seems to be more than one fight.  For our last run through DT, our raid did a total of 64,759,650 in damage.  Your post shows 1,946,558.  A mere 62 million difference.  SMILEY  Please elaborate a bit for us as to what you are posting.  If it's one or two fights then there isn't much value to it.  NM...just realized duration on your parses are 2:21 and 1:13.  I'm not saying that it isn't very respectable (IT IS!)  but as I said, not much value to single fight parses when evaluating overall class dps.  (Are you sure you didn't con a couple of your necro/conj friends to name their pets Breezy for that fight so you could make us all go HOLY CRAP!)  SMILEY
AziBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:03 AM   #8
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

lol these were the lowest parses in that zone the other parses i am much higher i couldnt post a zonewide parse cause i had to leave early! thast why i just took the weakest ones anywyas check my name breezy up on eq2 players you will see i have not conned anything and frankly i kinda recent that attitude why would i con ya guys what would i have to gain by that???

/confused!

anywyas check it up if ya dont buy it whatever im just saying coercers are able to parse if they play right oh and on top of that i dont have a single piece of eof gear on ma toon yet at least i dont think i do ! so just test a few things yerself b4 saying bleh coercer cant parse blech!

Old 05-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #9
MokiCh

General

Come back with a zonewide parse of 2.7k dps, and then prove to me that you didn't get the summoners to name their pets after you, and then I'll believe that you can consistently put out almost 3k dps while feeding power and so on.

Emai - Ranger.

Nagafen.
MokiCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #10
Sydias

Loremaster

Hmm... I must be doing something horribly wrong then.

Only a few spells not mastered, decent gear, and the same basic MT group setup and my top parse for a raid encounter is 889 in Freethinker's.

Dukou Tyranus - Lvl 70 Half-elf Dirge (Antonia Bayle)
Nukor - Lvl 70 Dark Elf Warlock (Antonia Bayle)
Fuzzles Fuzzikins - Lvl 52 Fae Paladin (Antonia Bayle)
Durge - Lvl 70 Iksar Coercer (Antonia Bayle)
Xizor - Lvl 67 Dark Elf Brigand(Antonia Bayle)

Sydias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:45 PM   #11
Cersiana

Loremaster

Well HOS and DT have encounters with more than one target. (this Generally puts my dps up a good bit =p) And  being the MT group really isn't all that bad. Depending on what group has up. Dirges and templars both can add to your procs there for bringing you more dps. I'm not gonna into super detail on what certain classes can do for yah. Simply having synergism will help a bit tho(generally not something most coercers get but trust me it helps). I generally keep a zonewide of over 1.1k no matter the zone, but from encounter to encounter have broken 2k a number of times. On Zylphax himself I havn't seen under 1700dps in a while.

Anyways... its a class that can be played in two different ways. Some people prefer to just be a buff bot while others like to do w/e dps they can. I won't speculate on the what this class can do in certain set ups cause well. I have to work with the one I got, so frankly the other set ups mean nothing to me.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:59 PM   #12
Balrok

Loremaster

I've lead the DPS parse in some encounters during a LAB raid.  I was still Stunning and Stifling the mob, but I was only around 1.8k.  This was when I was spec'ed for DPS and under 30% power (Int Line).  SMILEY   We had crap for DPS, but that is still good dps for a coercer. The numbers your posting trump me, but I think I can believe it.  However, it is not consistent DSP and raid wide dps would probably show that.

Any class can dps if spec'ed right.  Heck, my BattleCleric 30 INQ was out dps'ing the wizards in a recent RoV group.  SMILEY  If you want to see Coercer DPS shine..... roll one on a PVP server.  Our PvP dps is WAY more then our PvE dps .... and in the end, isn't that what really matters.... mobs are childs play.

Exur - 70 Coercer

Venekor

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:41 PM   #13
Raidi Sovin'faile

Loremaster

Yeah, I've pulled some high DPS on specific fights... boss of Lyceum, some named that spam magic and melee, group encounters that set off procs a lot.

If your MT is Buckler line, it helps too (less avoidance). Three healers letting the MT go more offensive, meaning they heal through him getting hit more so he does more DPS and more aggro... that helps some too.

But you won't get these number if you are in a highly defensive situation, with single target mobs, and NOT bringing yourself below 30% all the time (I like to reserve for channel, etc), and you are spec'd to help the raid/land your crowd control more.

Zonewide I'll get in the high 700's, low 800s on most zones. Easy zones where our procs just don't go off as much, it's in the 500s. I've hit 3k DPS on some fights still, like I mentioned above.

But you aren't doing full DPS and buffing the raid at the same time...

Raidi Sovin'faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:27 AM   #14
madha

General

For auspex the melee reactive proc on raids with 2 warding classes the reactive timer will drop before it ticks 2 times in say a 1 min fight. I could see a big jump in DPS if they removed the proc and made it a dot. 
Old 05-31-2007, 03:36 PM   #15
Pasrac

Loremaster

Ok I have to ask... My coercer is mastered out and geared to hell but I have trouble busting 1k DPS and it bugs the crap out of me... We raid all the highend zones so it requires me to do alot of mana work but when I am just trying to DPS it is very disapointing... Most of our spells are reactive so alot of time I see spells wear off like hex before all the procs go off... What am I doing wrong my AAs are  Healing, mana ward, Stam , Int I think been so long sense I looked... Would love to figure out how to improve the DPS...

THanks

Pasrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:19 PM   #16
Andu

General

We've all had freaky high parses on individual mobs, its the nature of the reactives we are forced to use. They are not impressive.

If you want a sensible debate about Coercer DPS can we please post zonewide ExtDPS. Then we can really see what other Coercers can do.

Me, I've posted 2k+ on a few encounters like that but my zonewides are usually around 1000. I've heard boasts from other Coercers that they have had zonewide figures of 1600 - 1800, even higher, but strangely I have never seen an actual credible parse. Funnily enough, if you go to the wizard parse thread or somewhere similar, there are hundreds of parses there but I have not once seen a Coercer listed which you would have surely if they were doing that sort of damage.

I see plenty of Illusionists though SMILEY

Old 05-31-2007, 08:54 PM   #17
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

if ma coercer was still ma main i would show ya one now it ill take time b4 i will be bothered raiding with ma coercer again cause i prefer ma ranger anyways!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:46 AM   #18
Ran
Server: Valor
Guild: Argus

General

would be a big help if the crazy 2k dps coercerer post theyre aa tree.. i had on a single mob around 1k in FTH, the highest one in a EOF zone. Zonewide im about 500-800. I got the tree for critical heal and deaggro for the non fighters and agi tree complete. In coercerer aa i got mana tree until the final mana ward and the complete line for single heal buff. When i look my parse after raid i see the reactive dmg spells make about 70-80 %... our fast single nuke is around 6,8%!!! nothing and our other nukes are not really better in any way. I dont feel the agi tree make us so much to dps classes.. i didnt see a really big different when i was on wis tree.  Make proc items a different of more than 1k dps? Cannot believe it.

Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #19
Ibunubi

Loremaster

Post a single target parse.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #20
Sycho
Server: Najena

Loremaster

nevermind

Sycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:11 AM   #21
Lleinen

Loremaster

Well, we had a bad night in EH (shouldnt say we, i did pretty well =p) DPS wise so I figured I should post my parse just under 5 hours of fighting, including 1-2 wipes i think (afks ftw!)....just about 1100 zonewide in 5 hours....pretty [I cannot control my vocabulary] nice for a coercer

about 34% was convulsions, then bone clapsed girdle and sonic boom at 10%, vicious torment 9%, breakdown and stroke 8%, proc gear 7% and below (have 8 pieces, 2 are dmg increases, 6 are DD or dots)

I have 4-4-7-8-2 AGI 6-4-4-8-2 INT Went down efficency line (recast faster on stuns/sonic boom and thought snap) and Mana line...so Id have more dmg if I had the extra procs from Auspex and Spell Scourge, so 1100 is lowish for me. usually around 1300...but I like thought snap, for now...in a coercers defense, we usually dont get the good group setup like illusionists, they get 3-4 more procs on top of their gear and own proc spell to add to their DPS, so if they cant beat us in the MT group even with blessings / luck, they suck, 1300 is easy with 5/5 Auspex/Spell Scourge for me.

Hope this zonewide helps? =p

Lleinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:43 AM   #22
Jeepned2

Loremaster

Quick question for you. If you are INT spec'd and trying to stay under 30% mana for the higher damage, what use is your Channel spell when the healers in your group need you to use it?
Jeepned2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #23
Ran
Server: Valor
Guild: Argus

General

its the choose you have to make by yourself. If your group is good enough to beat the mob down fast, no healer needs mana. If not, healers need.

Question: is there a way to let our reactives proc faster or are the eof aa points the only way?

Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #24
Mareth

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

its the choose you have to make by yourself. If your group is good enough to beat the mob down fast, no healer needs mana. If not, healers need.

Question: is there a way to let our reactives proc faster or are the eof aa points the only way?

Only way I know of, is to not have people debuff the mobs.... SMILEY
Mareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #25
Lleinen

Loremaster

Jeepned2 wrote:
Quick question for you. If you are INT spec'd and trying to stay under 30% mana for the higher damage, what use is your Channel spell when the healers in your group need you to use it?

On mobs that I need to use channel, I dont go down to 30% OR I keep all my power regen items ready...I have a strat worked out with our Defiler in the group, she has the cannibalize AA so she stays full on power when MT gets low I do mana cloak and hes up to 100% quick, then I use all my mana stuff (draco gloves, mana stone, vessel, potions, mana flow myself, and not to mention necro orb and legs from DT) and Im up to 80% power in no time, hit channel, everyones @ around 60% power (if the other 3 low that is).

So basically, heal crits dont do crap, i dont mean to sound like a cocky guild leader but my healers dont have healing problems so crits is a waste. Then I think ok why not get 44+ subj? Because I have marrs shield and lotsa subj gear if I need it I throw it on. So IMHO, why, for all 3 fights that you ACTUALLY NEED channel, should I worry about dropping this kind of DPS for maybe 3 fights?  Maybe Woushi? Shiz, im not even sure I even used channel on him because I have mana ward and just mana flow the cleric =p

So why lose all my DPS for 3 fights?  Thats my main question....I dont understand why ppl argue my AA setup, it works flawlessly (not you in particular Jeep)

Old 06-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #26
madha

General

My Mt healers like the heal crit chance and the group agro drop, so i keep that aa, MT templer crits about ever other reactive.  Not to concerned about DPS when i can help 5 other people get over 3kdps and not draw hate with harmonous mind.  I gues im just in with the right group of people they know what to expect from my AA build and except it =P. From what little info has been released about the new expantion sounds like they are going to revamp AA again so maybe we can all hope that we can pick what aa we want without all the goofy spells we have to put points into to get to the good stuff.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #27
Lleinen

Loremaster

madhatr wrote:
My Mt healers like the heal crit chance and the group agro drop, so i keep that aa, MT templer crits about ever other reactive.  Not to concerned about DPS when i can help 5 other people get over 3kdps and not draw hate with harmonous mind.  I gues im just in with the right group of people they know what to expect from my AA build and except it =P. From what little info has been released about the new expantion sounds like they are going to revamp AA again so maybe we can all hope that we can pick what aa we want without all the goofy spells we have to put points into to get to the good stuff.
So your not in MT group is what your saying? You ONLY use concentration on harmonious link? You dont cast DPS or resists/int at all?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #28
Ibunubi

Loremaster

Jeepned2 wrote:
What do you do the other 2+ hours Channel isn't needed? Let alone during the 14:58 recast of Channel itself.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:00 AM   #29
Lleinen

Loremaster

Damage, and lots of it...just finished another 5hr EH run with 1200 zonewide DPS, I had Dynaism this time =) Love em illusionists!!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #30
Archenel

Loremaster

Sorry I'm bored at work but I raid with Styxxey/Brezzy and he is not lying. It trumps me how he does it though because its pretty consistant DPS and hes almost always at the top of the parse whether it be his Coercer or his Ranger. Of course we have people that consistantly challenge him but for Coercer DPS hes insane. Though I am not sure if he knows how to mezz haha.

Lastat: 70'th Paladin of A O D/Lilstat: 70'th Brigand of A O D

Myminion: 70'th Conjuror of A O D/Krupt: 70 Zerker of A O D
Archenel is offline   Reply With Quote