EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #31
AdiX__Styxx__

Loremaster

Palleon wrote:

Just been talking to our Transmuter, who is the only tier 7 on our server.

It takes him at least 13 treasured tier 7 items to make one of these adornments, and at our current market value of about 20g per treasured item, it cost him 2p60g to make one, so to make a profit, he has to sell them for more than this.

But at +100 HP no one is going to buy any of these any more, so all the ones he has listed are now going to be totally wasted. All that time, effort, and money to get this then happen is just heartbreaking.

And how are SOE going to refund this? The fuel cost for one of these is 2g, so if you give this back that will be a loss of over 3pp per item to any Transmuter who has these listed. No one is going to buy one from today now. Not to mention all the people who have bought them, and he has sold a large number of them on the server (as he is only one).

We really need this either to be re-looked at, or some details about how we are going to get all our money back.

Yer transmuter friend is lying my friend! For the 150+ power/health pots ya need t6 treasured which is 9 frags / 1 powder of the t6 tier and after a pristine ya get 5 frags back so thats only 4 frags and 1 powder = 5 treasured items..... Now if yer talking about teh +400 turning into +100 same deal only difference is that its t7 items instead! so if ya take 5 treasured items x 20 g = 1 pp meaning he has a revenue per item of 1p60g! And yes i think customers should pay that much considering it took a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]load a coin to lvl the skill up! But to frankly lie about it is bogus! Here is a summup and its the same for any class adornments even for the transmuter adornments: Treasured : 9 fragments 1 powder - Pristine = 5 frags - used 5 treasured items Legendary : 5 fragments 8 powders 1 infusion -  Pristine = 3 Powders - used  10 treasured 1 fabled/legendary Fabled : 5 fragments 8 powders 2 infusion 1 mana - pristine = 3 powders - used  10 treasured 1 fabled 2 legendary/fabled Now go back to yer only transmuter on teh server and ask him why he is lying especially since there is no need for him too since he is the only one! On my server there are i believe 7 active transmuters and as far as i know they all been frank and honest about their intentions and what the recipes take! I hate the changes too btw cause it will kill my market altough i earned my investment back meanwhile and only reason i went into transmuting is so i could do something about a full bag while out adventuring without destroying the item! Anyways Gl with yer transmuter!
AdiX__Styxx__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #32
kenm

General

That's in an ideal situation where you always get the amount of fragments and powders you need.  Odds are you're going to end up with tons of fragments and only a few powders if you're doing it from just treasured transmutes.  And for the fabled one, if you can really get manas on demand you're the luckiest guy alive.At least that's my luck anyway.

Message Edited by kenman on 12-05-2006 05:52 AM

kenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #33
vortfu

Loremaster

Your five items always turn into 4 fragments and 1 powder?

On paper a treasured adornment might only take 5 adepts, but in the real world I'ld say 10-13 isnt unreasonable to get all of the necessary components required for the combine. I've gone long runs of mungs without any powders before, bags worth of gear.

It's kind of like saying you only need 24 adepts to get all the powders required for the symbol in the flesh hq. lots of ******* luck.

vortfu - najena

vortfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #34
de lori

General

this is unbelievable......Market value better be the 6-7pp i paid for each  of these......we've invested large amounts of money into these....both transmuters and us, their customers. I am close to 50pp spent on adornments which I believe was a fair price for what they offered and the time/resources spent for the transmuters to be able to make them. this mat very well be above market value or cost to produce but that is beside the point
To be as fair as possible.....SOE should refund all money spent purchasing adornments and levelling transmuters. they should remove them from the game until they have finalised what they are going to be. These are not nickle and dime purchases. Huge quantities hvae been spent and consumed. I for one find this outrageous.....I understand this is just on Test but feel this "testing" should have been done prior to any adornments ever going live.
This constant threat of "adjustment" after stuff has gone live just leaves me feeling paranoid....with a wait and see feeling towards the whole game.... should we all just stop, sit and wait til you have finally made up your minds about stuff?.....oh wait....its never ending... Could we plz just be allowed to settle into some sort of "Norm"

[Removed for Content] it SOE!!!......bad form guys

de lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:00 PM   #35
Palleon

Loremaster

The 13 is based on an average, as not every item will transmute into the ingredient you want. The random factor plays a big part.
If you are getting the exact item each time, then you are a very lucky person indeed!

But, yes you need an absolute minimum of 5 if you are that lucky, in which case 1p60g for the cost. However, if they give you back your 2g fuel cost, this will still leave you 1p58g out of pocket per item (and I'm only talking about tier 7 as I havent had any tier 6 ones).
Palleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #36
Scadie

Loremaster

maybe we should generally first wait and just stay.. the question is so why spend 15 dollars every month if the changes that touch us are not really final and we´ve to wait until they wake up and change (nerf) weeks ago implemented items into game.. i´m really [Removed for Content] about the development..

Cinon LVL 48 Zerker - Actually playin on PVP onyl..
Scadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #37
Carvium

Loremaster

I've done some working out on the massively out balanced power adornments SMILEY

An extra +400 power is only about 6% of my power (if that) which is only 3 or 4 spells depending on what's cast low power spells like rending icicles etc only use 1% -1.5% ... Ice nova uses 6% and fusion is maybe the same my AE dots use 7% each..

So this adornment doesn't actually make a great deal of difference overall..

This doesn't make the item over powered and unbalanced it adds 400 power which in turn will only give you a few more casts if you were reducing the power costs of spells then yes this would probably make a difference but that wouldn't be a nerf would it!!

These are lvl 60 legendary/fabled items which usually means great stats!! 
If this was something that was available to all levels then yes SOE would have good reason to do this. 

As it is they are talking none sense an extra 6% for any caster isn't that much.
Carvium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:06 PM   #38
Killerbee3000

Loremaster

since eof went live i spent more than 100 plat in total on adornments..... that better be the last nerf to them......

Killerbee3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #39
artophwar

Lord

Wow you guys think you’re going to have it bad? I have 2 sets of head/shoulder/ring adornments on different items. (dps, main tank, and resist gear) I also have a 3rd set of head/shoulder in my bank for when I upgrade to the new pvp gear. I paid roughly 2.5pp for the rings and 3.5pp for the head/shoulder. So that is a grand total of 12 plat a set or 31 plat for all the pieces I have bought. I seriously doubt SOE will even come remotely close to giving me 25 plat back let alone the 31 plat I spent all together. We sit back and take the nurfs and the game changes and for the most part everyone adapts and learns to play the new system BUT there is absolutely no way to adapt to loosing 31 plat and gaining some useless stats. If anyone reading this plays on the Nagafen PvP server then they know it’s not easy to come across 31 plat. This is a nurf that will hurt the pocketbooks of a lot of people. I can always adapt to combat changes and learn new game play but unless I start buying plat from some Korean idiots this will be a nurf that hurts.

artophwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #40
kukubird

Loremaster

You think the people that knwo about this nerf are mad?  Wait till the general game population reads the update notes on liev patch. There is absolutely no reason to hurt so many people with this patch... buyers.... who paid so much and transmuters who paid so much to level. I am in no way being sarcastic in this next statement..... Are the head people at SOE positive they don't have someone on the Blizzard payroll making the decisions for them?   There is absolutely nothing this patch will do to make people happy.... Just [Removed for Content] off a ton of people taht are hanging on to playing this game by a string.  It is absolutely minf boggling they are even considering this.. yet alone implementing it. They made the game so much harder with the nerf.... make adornements.. so people invest a ton to start to get close to being able to play the game again......... and then BAM take it all away....... ABSOLUTELY INSANE! Again.... who is this latest nerf going to help?  Who will it make happy?  It will help nobody..... and only make a ton of people [Removed for Content] off to the point of quitting.    TO ME that is an insane business decision to make...... again.. I am just utterly shocked.
kukubird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:11 PM   #41
KOOGI

Lord

SOE, please, please, PLEASE PLEASE do NOT let this change go live!

I've spent several hours, and God only knows how much plat getting my transmuting skills to 325. The +400hp and +400mp are pretty much the ONLY adornment that sells well, it is unfair and completely unprofessional of you to take it away from us, after so much time and money invested.

So, please, for the love of Tunare, do NOT let this hit live servers! Leave it alone, it is one of the very few adornments that are worth something!

KOOGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:19 PM   #42
Wrapye

Loremaster

I'm pretty certain 'market value' will be 'what you would make if you sold them to a vendor'.  That's about 2.5g for the T7 items.Yes, the adornments for the rings don't make sense.  Then again, I didn't consider the initial amounts to make sense either, and went with the power adornments.  50 more power and health at the cost of making them fabled instead of treasured was nuts.  Most of the fabled adornments are not worth what goes into them.

Message Edited by sacremon on 12-05-2006 09:20 AM

Old 12-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #43
dubbs

Loremaster

I have to agree the changes were necessary....

Now with a +100 mana adornment i can just about get my ward off.  However it that fails, i now have the +100 hps that will surely help me immensely when the mob tears my face off for 2k a shot, because my fully fabled armor gives me about 5% better mitigation than Joe Newb standing there in handcrafted.

/sarcasm off

Please start playing the game before you continue making dumb changes, thank you.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #44
superdave

Loremaster

+35 power wow can get more power with just +14 to a stat for power. There was no need for this nerf, come on u really think this was changing gameplay all that much. now i lost 375hps look thats what two hits from a mobs. thanks. really smart move.
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #45
StoneRook

Loremaster

Well, this put a final nail in the coffin in my task to level up transmuter. I made it to 103. It took about 4 plat to do it, and I was harvesting my own books and items. When I hit 100, it took about 5-7  mutes for each of the three points I have.   I was doing the challenging ones. Then when I saw my bank account, I knew that if I didn't stop, I would be broke. Plus looking at the meager amount these "adormants" actually give you, people would have to be swimming in plat to even consider buying them... now, it's not even going to be a decision to not use them... no more market. (You know it's funny, I sold back all the treasured items I was hoarding for muting back to the broker, and put all the ad1's up, and I ended up with 4 plat back...) GJ!
StoneRook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #46
Belaythien

Loremaster

Arrowheart wrote:

Lambent Thriving Polish - before 100 to each after 35 to each

Unless that adornment is now treasured it shows us that the dev in charge has no idea what he's doing. Even if it was treasurde. Where's the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] point in using it? That's idiotic!

Message Edited by Belaythien on 12-05-2006 06:39 AM

Belaythien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #47
Thepiper

Loremaster

Only way to stop soe from these nerf's and they will keep coming is to either quit which i think alot people will after this nerf or go on strike.  EVERY player on every server take a break for 3 days do not logg on for 3 days and soe will [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] there pants and start listening. 
Thepiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #48
Geothe

Loremaster

Absolutely pathetic actions by sony, yet again.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #49
Lairdragna

Loremaster

Wow SOE, just when I think you can't possibly screw the pooch any harder... you prove me wrong!  :smileymad:
Lairdragna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:55 PM   #50
Domiuk

Loremaster

All other arguments aside.

The rings cost about 60g to make on my server.

The head and shoulders about 130-150g

That is of course in components alone. How much the crafters charge is the big part and of course they are keeping there money.

Powders to fragments ratio can get low if the RNG is against you but I would be very surprised if it really goes any lower than 1in 6. 

Sorry but anytbody telling you otherwise is not being truthful or unbelievably unlucky.  (and 13 is getting on the decidedly dishonest side)

and yes i have a 350 skill transmuter.

Domiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:11 PM   #51
Lairdragna

Loremaster

Domiuk wrote:
All other arguments aside.

The rings cost about 60g to make on my server.

The head and shoulders about 130-150g

That is of course in components alone. How much the crafters charge is the big part and of course they are keeping there money.

Powders to fragments ratio can get low if the RNG is against you but I would be very surprised if it really goes any lower than 1in 6. 

Sorry but anytbody telling you otherwise is not being truthful or unbelievably unlucky.  (and 13 is getting on the decidedly dishonest side)

and yes i have a 350 skill transmuter.

That is the only thing you've said that matters... it is all server dependent and market dependent.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #52
Kokus

General

I have the 400 hps on 2 shoulders, and 150hps on 6 rings (my main 2 and 4 resist rings)
This nerf is absolutely devastating.  I spent nearly 30 plat for these adornments.  I'm going to login in and get what? 60gp?
You can't do this.  It makes no sense.  People spent alot of money for these adornments for their gear, and unless you really actually plan on going through the logs of every person who ever purchased these adornments and paying them back every bit of plat, you just can't do this.  There is no justification to cripping players in such a way.  I mean you are nerfing one aspect that affects months of player's hard spent time in the game.  Don't do this.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #53
AbsentmindedMage

Loremaster

I have to say that this is unacceptable.  We had a month or so beta testing.  Any issue with adornments being considered "overpowered" should have been dealt with before this went live.  But instead they wait weeks after the expansion has been out.  So, that people who knew these adornments existed have either spent tons of platinum gaining transmuting skill to make them or buy them from the skilled transmuters.As far as I am concerned BOTH sub-professions are a waste of time.  Tinkering requires thousands and thousands of loams and metal and tons of fuels.  There is no way to recoup money lost on those as only people with certain tinkering skills can use them.  Certainly cannot call this a tradeskill as you cannot trade the item to anyone without the skill.   Then you have transmuting which has all but ruined the economy for the casual player.  It takes thousands and thousands of treasured or higher quality items to gain skill in this.  So, we have t1 adepts selling for 30 or more gold pieces.  Anything that is reasonably priced rapidly disappears and we are left with pages of overpriced stuff.  This assumes that a person even bothers to put it on the broker as if they are a transmuter, they probably just broke it down for theirself.  Horrible idea.  This isnt World of Warcraft where there is a huge supply of items.   No, this is Everquest 2 where you make greys harder because they provide no reward. 
AbsentmindedMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #54
Majorminor

Loremaster

I guess this is one way to get money out of the hands of the player /sigh.  At what point, did someone think, hey these adornments that have been around for /shrug a month or so, are now just to strong, we need to cut them down.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:21 PM   #55
dubbs

Loremaster

I initially had the original damage proc shoulder adornment on,  well this got nerfed to crap.  So I got a +400 hp adornment and put that on over the damage proc.  Now this one is getting nerfed to crap as well.  So my new +100 hp adornment is getting unattuned and i'm left with a pos in my inventory and about 2 gold to show for it?  Awesome.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #56
Khrunk
Server: Venekor

Loremaster

thanks again for making this game less fun to play, honestly [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] are you people thinking? nerfs suck gets real annoying to see my beloved toons to get decimated by bull-[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. thanks for letting me blow that 1p on adornments to nerf them to [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. couldve used that money on the goblin gammbler [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]-hats. can you also nerf my internet connection to your game so i dont get stupider on how to run a business pls.
Khrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:25 PM   #57
Lairdragna

Loremaster

This is what happened boys and girls.  The developers didn't want to develop new and challenging content.  So they nerfed the players and in doing so made existing content harder... voila... your next expansion!  They didn't want to make better loot, so they just nerfed existing loot and the gear released in EoF has common tresured nearly as good as KoS raid drops... voila... they call it "progression."  They don't want to put any real thought into AAs... so they give us 50 new ones in which 90% reduce reuse and power of existing abilities.  We can't make them too easy to get, so we will put crap for T7 adventuring content in EoF and send everybody back to KoS to grind the same instances and zones they grew sick of over the past nine months so they can level those pretty useless new AAs.  The economy is buggered, so we'll introduce a huge money sink called transmuting that will suck everything out... spells, gear, coin.  Why do we need these adornments?  Well because they raised stats caps, nerfed our resists and these adornments are supposed to help us get back to where we were.  So we dutifully drain the economy of the excess spells and gear and coin and get our shiny new adornments... but ole SOE does what it does best and nerfs them into uselessness.  So now they get what they wanted, and we are left holding a pile of dog [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].  Oh, and in the meanwhile, forget being a new player to the game and trying to find anything on the broker for awhile.Bottom line, SOE put these in the game knowing they were going to nerf them.  Knowing we would not buy them at 100 for head and shoulders and 70 for rings.  They had to make them decent enough that we would invest the coin, and we did.  Once enough were purchased and their goal of draining the economy was accomplished, they nerfed them into uselessness and laughed that they pulled the wool over our eyes again.And wait... wait... its coming... can you hear it in the distance?  Fanbois to the defense of the indefenseable!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #58
puglor

Loremaster

First the nerf to the Parry adornment , Now the nerf to hp adornments , yet the haste adornments are at 2% haste still.   Under your current combat system which was not tested worth a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] , you are penalized for the better gear you get.  How u wonder well let me explain it this way , why should someone who is fully fabled out in top end gear only get 1-3% more mitigation or avoidance than the average joe who is wearing hand crafted. 

So to make up for this you bring adornments into the game, Now your systamaticly nerfing each adornment ?  Why ?  I often wonder what is the point of beta testing a game if your only doing it for a few weeks.  You either have an over abundance of confidence in your work, which has proven to have been flawed in almost every way possible in the past.  Or you just simply dont care either way the customers that are paying the paychecks will only take being kicked in the face so many times before they just get up and walk away.

If you hadnt figured out these were overpowering in beta or the parry or any of the other items you have been ninja nerfing why not just postpone the release till you get the bugs out?  Oh wait i forgot , hell or high water this expansion was being released on time.  Why u ask...well straight from a developers mouth in beta... We have to release this expansion on time because we have paid for shelf space in stores and if we do not we lose money there.  So rather than sell us a working  product your making us pay to beta your game.. Thanks but i wouldnt mind you paying me since im doing your job. 

Please start selling us products that have been tested, develop a game where everything is not copy and pasted.  You think you could create an expansion where the instances arnt of another zone in the game already?   I know this is asking a bit much but we payed for this expansions with only 1-2 viable zones for a level 70.  The instances are so poorly done most have no desire to do them more than a few times.  So congrats for all those who didnt spend the last 5 months creating alts...like most did... you now have 9 more months of alt time...and a whole lot of new area to do it in.  For those of you who enjoyed your main please stop adorning it and playing it because sony has decided your opinon does not matter , the nerfs will keep coming till we are all back to pre kos era.  

So to sum it up...avoid nerfs to adorments that cost you 90% of your coin..go play an alt ..level him up by the time you hit 70 they should have 10% of the bugs worked out ...dont worry they wont mess with the other 90% they never have.

Pug

Message Edited by puglor on 12-05-2006 07:38 AM

puglor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #59
aceradcat

Loremaster

It is highly concerning to me that I have spent over 100 P and 100 hours farming mobs trying to get to transmute these levels only to find that these items are going to be nerfed without an overall explaination.  I think in this case SOE owes us an explaination at the minimum. 

They also owe us a fix to transmuting and a huge refund of cash for the amount of time and money wasted if they change this on live.  It seems too extreem to have people to work this hard and try and acheive this and then have them immediately change it.

1.  Explain the reasoning behind the nerf

2.  Adjust the nerf so it is not so huge a 25% nerf makes much more sense a 75% nerf is just not acceptable.

3.  Pay back amount of money paid for item not item sold fee. 

People on my server paid as high as 20P for these items

aceradcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #60
Themaginator

Loremaster

i dont know why...but this really doesnt bother me a whole lot...i even have one of these things on my hat, maybe its because i expected it because 400 is a kinda of rediculous adjustment when the best gear in the game adds at most like 150

Message Edited by Themaginator on 12-05-2006 07:33 AM

Themaginator is offline   Reply With Quote