EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Berserker
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-21-2005, 10:47 PM   #1
Omenomen

Loremaster

Hello everyone,
I am currently a lvl 42 zerker
recently i grped with a guildmember of mine. he was lvl 42 and i was lvl 41.
We were using a parser and for some reason he was doing double the dps i was. we both have pretty much the same gear, he has maybe 2 or 3 pieces that are significantly better than mine. his weapons are faster but mine have alot more damage. my dps is usually the same as ranger/scout classes so i have no idea how he is achieving this damage.
When i ask him about how he is doing this he responded "i set my skills up in a certain order". Most of the zerker skill have the same recast time so i can't see this as being the cause.
What i am wondering is, am i utilizing my skills effectively. Here is my standard procedure when i'm not MT on a
grp mob pull:
buff focus, tides of war and the occasional 2 minute buff (havoc..etc.)
when i engage i use blood rage and rage for the extra dps throughout the fight
next i just use whatever skills are up as they pop always keeping ae's going.

i am wondering if i am doing something wrong? is it possible that certain skills have to be done in a certain order for it to be effective?
i appreciate any advise
Thanks

Message Edited by Omenomen on 01-21-2005 09:53 AM

Omenomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:17 AM   #2
Hoe

Was he doing the initial pull? If he was engaged longer than you that would affect things. I fought with a guardian a while back that was 1 level higher than me and he was doing double the DPS too. He had a 2 hand sword and no matter what I did, I couldn't out damage him. He was pulling, so he was doing damage longer than me, so that is what I figured it must have been. He was doing about 60dps on every fight. To this day, I still cannot do 60dps, unless you want to count grays. I can do 200dps a second on those if I really push it.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:53 AM   #3
Omenomen

Loremaster

yes he was pulling. it is wierd because sometimes i was just 300 damage under him but others i was 2000.
Omenomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 01:45 AM   #4
Hoe

Well, 300 is easy to explain. If he pulled with an arrow, that's almost 100 there, plus one or two regular hits for about 5, then a special for 150. There's your 300, 2000 is little different, I don't know where he could fit all that extra damage in.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:30 PM   #5
LordRayzor

Loremaster

If he was tanking then he would have significantly higher damage output.  Focus Rage would put him in Berserk more frequently.  He would do many ripostes.  Reckless ripostes from fury and greater fury also.

-Ray
LordRayzor is offline   Reply With Quote