EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Necromancer
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-01-2006, 01:03 AM   #1
jeanjuedi

Loremaster

Gleaned this from the Spells, Abilities, and Combat arts section.  Apparently there are charms you can buy from the city merchant for 12ksp, 1g 80sp, that last 30 minutes and are unbreakable. 

Quote from Dr_Cyrus

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are a series of charms you can buy on city merchants.  High level toons and guilds will be able to bank this easily with a few writs (since many will be writ grinding to level their guild)."Charm Of nnnnnn Allure"Fabled/Lore/Notrade  Cost 12KSP, 1g 80sTypes seen:DroagElementalGnollishGoblinInsectOrcishRavas ectReptilianUndeadrBasically it charms the target, increases regen of target by 47 power 94 health.  Apparently goes full duation - does not break.  Duration 30 minutes.  Takes *0* Conc Slots apparently. No Epics. Limited to a racial type.

There are a series of charms you can buy on city merchants.  High level toons and guilds will be able to bank this easily with a few writs (since many will be writ grinding to level their guild)."Charm Of nnnnnn Allure"Fabled/Lore/Notrade  Cost 12KSP, 1g 80sTypes seen:DroagElementalGnollishGoblinInsectOrcishRavas ectReptilianUndeadrBasically it charms the target, increases regen of target by 47 power 94 health.  Apparently goes full duation - does not break.  Duration 30 minutes.  Takes *0* Conc Slots apparently. No Epics. Limited to a racial type.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

From this link here

I doubt that I would be willing to part with 12ksp every time I go out so that I could charm a mob.  But then again, with our charm undead spell, + item charm undead...I can't even imagine the possibilities!
Crushbone
jeanjuedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:18 AM   #2
Tharangus

Loremaster

*blinks*  Wow... with the status I have now that's practically pocket change (I do a lot of writs).  I may just have to try that out.
Tharangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:23 AM   #3
jeanjuedi

Loremaster

The problem is, I can't see how this won't be exploited.  Can you imagine a raid in Silent City, where 24 people each have an undead bird or tree charmed?
Crushbone
Old 03-01-2006, 02:19 AM   #4
Tharangus

Loremaster

jeanjuedi wrote:
The problem is, I can't see how this won't be exploited.  Can you imagine a raid in Silent City, where 24 people each have an undead bird or tree charmed?

That is an interesting idea... though... what if you cannot find enough mobs to charm?  Will people feel left out if they do not have their birdie buddy?  I also wonder what this does to stats and abilities of the charmed creature.  I would imagine that if you charm a ^^^ it gets gimped.

You just gave me an interesting idea... what about a raid force of all necros...sending forth a virtual army of the dead... not really practical but... MWAHAHAHAHA!!

Message Edited by Tharangus on 02-28-200604:20 PM

Old 03-01-2006, 02:47 AM   #5
jeanjuedi

Loremaster

I can't imagine how unbalanced this would make PvP...

Crushbone
Old 03-01-2006, 02:53 AM   #6
Selene1

Loremaster

they are nice but also one charge each only.also some varying other models available, some do damage, some replenish power ( and a lot more even then alchy potions :I )
Old 03-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #7
quamdar

Loremaster

yeah if you have 24 people with a charmed pet each to go fight a named mob that would add some insane DPS.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #8
Tharangus

Loremaster

I tried to grab one of these last night and couldn't.  Is there a guild level requirement to buy these?
Old 03-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #9
armus5

General

I'm thinking this will have the same restriction as other charm spells in that you can't zone with the pet. Fortunately the gnolls in front of godking are heroics, not that he's hard to kill though. 
armus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:27 PM   #10
prince_sd

Loremaster

UndeadrBasically it charms the target, increases regen of target by 47 power 94 health.  Apparently goes full duation - does not break.  Duration 30 minutes.  Takes *0* Conc Slots apparently. No Epics. Limited to a racial type.

So now anyone can just buy something that is better than our control undeath spell. No wonder the enchanter classes are in uproar. Sometimes i really wonder if soe people who design these things even play the game ?
prince_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #11
Tharangus

Loremaster

prince_sd wrote:

UndeadrBasically it charms the target, increases regen of target by 47 power 94 health.  Apparently goes full duation - does not break.  Duration 30 minutes.  Takes *0* Conc Slots apparently. No Epics. Limited to a racial type.

So now anyone can just buy something that is better than our control undeath spell. No wonder the enchanter classes are in uproar. Sometimes i really wonder if soe people who design these things even play the game ?

Well... not just anyone... anyone with status and apparently the correct guild level, because I could not buy one of these bobbles last night at all.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:50 AM   #12
jeanjuedi

Loremaster

Well...status is not really that hard to get.  Sure, I won't be blowing 12ksp every time I go out to hunt, but I could.  Most likely it is purchaseable at guild level 50, which will not be that difficult to get either.
Crushbone
Old 03-02-2006, 01:54 AM   #13
Tharangus

Loremaster

jeanjuedi wrote:
Well...status is not really that hard to get.  Sure, I won't be blowing 12ksp every time I go out to hunt, but I could.  Most likely it is purchaseable at guild level 50, which will not be that difficult to get either.

Speak for yourself... my own guild is leveling at a rate of 1 per month... it's become downright painful, but I don't think enough of us are doing everything that we can to get the status up there.  At this rate, I estimate that it will take us 21 months to get to 50.  I know that my guild is not the only one like that.

Bottom line, we need to raid more and I'm working on getting that addressed.

I suppose if more of us was doing writs in tiers 6 and 7 we'd be trucking along a lot faster, but oh well.

Message Edited by Tharangus on 03-01-200603:57 PM