EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Necromancer
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #31
FTL

Loremaster

I can understand in some ways why they think we need to be nerfed, although one thing that does annoy me is this whole tier system, if we meant to be lower down, then why the heck wasnt it done when they revamped combat changes, also where are illusionists on this whole tier system, reason i ask, is that illusionist on raid out dps alot of classes and i mean wizz/warlocks and even me alot of time, so are they meant to be the uber tier class?

The whole problem with a nerf on any class shows that soe have a severe lack of balance when releasing anything to everquest 2, i thought the whole point of a beta was to sort problems like this out.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:37 AM   #32
boveele

Lord

Honestly, this is something that was needed... so.. I keep telling myself. In EQ1 the necros were nerfed to the point where you rarely even saw a necro playing.  And here in EQ2 many of the necromancers I have played with over these many months have left from all the previous nerfs. I dont mind change. I hate how change effects my friends.  Knowing that the people I play and enjoy the game with look on as I out dmg them in every long fight. Must be the main reason for this. We can generate a large ammount of damage, over time mind you. Thus causing those with parsers to see the necros at the top concistently. Were pet classes, were going to be on top of the dmg totem pole. In the other games that have pet classes after several waves of nerfs over the years, the pet classes suffer under the short sighted views of the various situations. I look at it this way, in game currently, as we are. On a short durration fight, we as necros are slow to put down the hammer. As for long duration fights, we can melt steel with enough heat and time from a necro, cutting any mob down over time. So as it stands, we are effective above and beyond others for over time dmg, and were being compared to others who are casters for short duration burst fights. And to compare us to wizards. What an odd situation, dull the blade of the summoners, not think of the course of actions to improve the Wizards DPS. In a raid event I have noticed more and more the mobs take longer to take down, if not more frequently raid wipes. If they take away our Over time DPS, this will effect the overall raid situation for all raid endevors. The changes should be focused on improving the dmg done of the other caster classes, not in degrading the performance of our classes. All in all, nothing we say will make a change in the situation as is. The decision has been made, we are being taken down notches on the bar of performance, and as history will repeat itself, my friends will leave again for another game. Yeah... more loot for me. But I like the company of my fellow necros. So I sit and login and look forward to these changes, hopeful that they will not draw off the friends left I look forward to playing with. So be it, let the weather of change come and wash over our class yet again.  Who is our advocate at Sony? Who do we write and tell about how we feel about this situation? Where do we voice our discontent with what is proposed? And the time ticks by awaiting the news of what is to come.Wishfully, I pray this is a light change, and not as drastic as the previous changes... nerfs... reductions.
boveele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:26 AM   #33
armus5

General

I think there's plenty of reason to panic. The nerfs always hert us in some way and I firmly believe SOE doesnt care so long as the wizards stop complaining. We generated 3 threads of 200+ posts about the dumbfires and that happened. We took a hp nerf on our pets and that was never fixed. We took a hp nerf on our dumbfires that made them nearly useless. Our class defining spell - lich - took a nerf with the "balance" of increasing our long casting AE by 20 damage per tick.

As for utility, our snare wasn't upgraded, our heal is so minor it doesn't move a tank's hp 4 percent, our mana stones were nerfed, our control undead affects nothing in t7, our pet heal is a joke, out caster pet runs into every AE it can once it's spells are cycling making it die and useless, undead tide sounds nice but doesnt work right, lots of raid mobs are completely immune to disease (tarinax) unlike SOE's promise, and our AA lines blow chunks.

the good things, feign death rocks - absolutely, so long as no AE gets ya. raise dead, yes. good ability with only drawback a 1 min recast. umm, we got these cool water breathing rocks and invis although most things see invis, and we can summon our pets because SOE couldn't figure a way out to fix that issue.

I'm playing alot on pvp these days and I'm not a necro on there. Armus on Lucan is my first and only necro because I believe SOE is out to destroy us at the behest of whiny sorcerers who point at that [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] tier tree every time they feel inferior. Last time I looked, wizards actually had utility (evac, mana feeds, teleport, invis, anti-agro spell we wish we had). I don't think my opinion or the opinions of anyone on here will matter but Vanguard is coming. just hold on to that thought

Message Edited by armus550 on 05-10-2006 06:43 PM

armus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:16 AM   #34
Slaymacht

Loremaster

Please i dont wanna be a mana battery like i was in EQ1, the guild i was in had me stand in the corner and just feed the cleric with mana the whole raid.

Also i dont understand why a person who raids would want to nerf another classes damage, who cares who does the most damage, as long as the raid mob dies.

Slaymacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #35
Jason1der

Loremaster

I for one am calling it quits after this nerf.  No matter how small or how big this nerf is.  I agree with what every necro has said.  We sucked it up every nerf and just kept moving forward.  But where does it end?  SOE wont quit nerfing necros until theres 5 idiots on each server that just want to be the only necros around even though we will suck.  I cant wait for Vanguard, everyday I hear more and more good about it.  Thank you SOE for the fun time you provided me but quit nerfing classes.  Think of ways to improve another class instead of just hitting the nerf button.  I've had enough of the nerfs.. too many of them to count.  SOE wont get a penny from me anymore! 

80 Necromancer

Unrest
Jason1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #36
Rousso

Loremaster

I started my necro cause the wizzard was so badly gimped I couldnt take it anymore. Instead of fixing wizzards SOE has decided to make summoners suck even worse.

Great - now both classes will just blow. Not many people playing coercers - maybe SOE wont [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] them up too bad. Guess that is my next move.

and that all that I could hope for was that on the day of my execution
I might be greeted by howls of execration from the crowd.
Rousso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:09 AM   #37
shadyshab

Rousso wrote:

I started my necro cause the wizzard was so badly gimped I couldnt take it anymore. Instead of fixing wizzards SOE has decided to make summoners suck even worse.

Great - now both classes will just blow. Not many people playing coercers - maybe SOE wont [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] them up too bad. Guess that is my next move.

Good point... Not exactly the most elequent way to express it though.

shadyshab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:52 AM   #38
Rousso

Loremaster

There is a certain elegant simplicity in blunt language at times.

This from the wizzard boards -  re do you (wizards) feel like you are top DPS:

"I've parsed as high as 3700 dps in a minute long encounter against large groups of mobs. Not all fights are perfect, there are some fights where I'm down around 600, but most I average at least 1k dps. I've been there with a Conjuror, Necro, and Warlock all going all out against group mobs and still taken top dps away from the fight...

*shrug*

I'm just not seeing any problems..."

SOE nerfing us is an unnecessary screwjob

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] 'em.

and that all that I could hope for was that on the day of my execution
I might be greeted by howls of execration from the crowd.
Rousso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #39
shadyshab

armus550 wrote:

I think there's plenty of reason to panic. The nerfs always hert us in some way and I firmly believe SOE doesnt care so long as the wizards stop complaining. We generated 3 threads of 200+ posts about the dumbfires and that happened. We took a hp nerf on our pets and that was never fixed. We took a hp nerf on our dumbfires that made them nearly useless. Our class defining spell - lich - took a nerf with the "balance" of increasing our long casting AE by 20 damage per tick.

As for utility, our snare wasn't upgraded, our heal is so minor it doesn't move a tank's hp 4 percent, our mana stones were nerfed, our control undead affects nothing in t7, our pet heal is a joke, out caster pet runs into every AE it can once it's spells are cycling making it die and useless, undead tide sounds nice but doesnt work right, lots of raid mobs are completely immune to disease (tarinax) unlike SOE's promise, and our AA lines blow chunks.

the good things, feign death rocks - absolutely, so long as no AE gets ya. raise dead, yes. good ability with only drawback a 1 min recast. umm, we got these cool water breathing rocks and invis although most things see invis, and we can summon our pets because SOE couldn't figure a way out to fix that issue.

I'm playing alot on pvp these days and I'm not a necro on there. Armus on Lucan is my first and only necro because I believe SOE is out to destroy us at the behest of whiny sorcerers who point at that [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] tier tree every time they feel inferior. Last time I looked, wizards actually had utility (evac, mana feeds, teleport, invis, anti-agro spell we wish we had). I don't think my opinion or the opinions of anyone on here will matter but Vanguard is coming. just hold on to that thought

Message Edited by armus550 on 05-10-2006 06:43 PM

Well said... First long post i've read through in awhile.

shadyshab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:30 PM   #40
Jal

General

I couldnt really care less about dps output changes, it was something that was going to happen a while back but got put off. The main annoyance is the rangers/wizards etc flying round like vultures. The thing i really hate is we still havent had specifics of the change so we just dont know what we will be like afterwards, if they are going to announce things like this they need to give us specifics to stop the speculation as atm id rather just see it go live and get it over with so i can see how to adapt.As for those looking to go to vanguard, hang around get station access and then play this and Vanguard when its out as its being hosted and run (but not developed) by SOE.
Jal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #41
Wulgry

I don't mind the DPS nerfs...except that they are coupled with a fear nerf...as a PvPer, it's my absolute favorite spell...
Wulgry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #42
Jvaloth

Loremaster

Ya I'm impressed with the necro's response.  Must be the Freeport connection, growing up in the streets under the Overlord's tyranny made you folks stone cold killers, not easily phased.    Meanwhile the Qeynos based conjurors are freaking out.

Message Edited by Jvaloth on 05-11-2006 01:32 PM

Jvaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:47 AM   #43
Deila

Tester

Jvaloth wrote:
Ya I'm impressed with the necro's response.  Must be the Freeport connection, growing up in the streets under the Overlord's tyranny made you folks stone cold killers, not easily phased.    Meanwhile the Qeynos based conjurors are freaking out.

A lot of us still remember the days from launch until LU13. Those were the dark times. This is nothingSMILEY

Old 05-12-2006, 01:38 AM   #44
Sturmkampfer

Loremaster

I'm a lvl 56 Necro on pvp server and have never been impressed at all with my abilities.

Ok, i could solo quite well but it seems this is getting more and more hard as i'm lvling.

We have pets, but we need time to kill mobs...At lvl 56, i can't even kill a 51+++ mob, or when i'm able to, this leaves me completely out of life and with a dead pet.

I've seen a lvl 55+ mage soloing, and with their outstanding damage, they can cripple tough enemies down before even beeing hit.

Imo, the best solo class is by far the coercer.

I've seen a lvl 30 coercer soloing 33+++ golems in Runny! And this is true at higher lvls.

This is overpowered! m not crying for a nerf, i just think developpers should try and play a necro to realize that we are not overpowered at all.

Ok we can do fair dmg in group situations, but in a raid we are quite useless...Our dmg pets die so fast and it takes soo long to resummon them that we are easily outdamaged by other mage classes (ok we have an AA line to prevent zone dmg, but if this is a must have, will i ever suck if i went another AA line?).

I would not like to be the mana bank in groups if our dmg got nerfed.

When i play my zerk,  I always prefer to have a real mage or assassin in the group for their dmg and finishing spells like Ice comet.

Please, SOE i've spent tons of hours on my toon (thinking about lvl 70 necros here too) and i have no time for another reroll.

If we become useless, i'll not reroll another, i will just leave (with regret) but leave anyway.

Sturmkampfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:42 AM   #45
Druzgotek

Loremaster

Lol, the nerf is not thought out at all, they just looked at most used pets, which are scout and tank pet, and nerfed skill damage on both. Why would they nerf tank pet's skill damage if they were thinking? Did anyone use tank pet on a raid and still was tier 1 damage? I think not, lol. Now tank pet will hold aggro even worse.

*** L80 Necromancer, Inquisitor, Bruiser, Berzerker, Defiler ***
*** L80 Sage, Alchemist, Armorer, Jeweler, Tailor ***
Druzgotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:16 AM   #46
Cronostri

You know what? I hope they nerf it to hell that way I can just move on to another character, I am tired of these nerfings *posts* every 2 or so LU.

There is something I have to ask, before LU13 Necromancers were junk then after LU13 they were great and ever since they been getting nerfed back bit by bit, I think this last nerf will put it right from were we started, the question is why doing that nice upgrade just to put it back before LU13?, boggles the mind.

Cronostri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:38 AM   #47
Druzgotek

Loremaster

Cronostrike wrote:

You know what? I hope they nerf it to hell that way I can just move on to another character, I am tired of these nerfings *posts* every 2 or so LU.

There is something I have to ask, before LU13 Necromancers were junk then after LU13 they were great and ever since they been getting nerfed back bit by bit, I think this last nerf will put it right from were we started, the question is why doing that nice upgrade just to put it back before LU13?, boggles the mind.

Maybe they did not want the remaining necros to quit. Right now there is nothing new to quit for. My inquisitor got nerfed, I picked a class that seemed fun, I did nto even have any idea they parsed high in raids, lol. This pretty much proves to me that whatever I pick will be nerfed down the line.

Hell, I dont even care for the scout pet (which will be pos now), but they nerfed my most used pet - tank, too. It pisses me off more, cause that pet should be buffed if anything, not necessarily in damage, I would be happy if it just taunted better, unfortunately now it will do even less damage and therfore its aggo will be lower. bah!

*** L80 Necromancer, Inquisitor, Bruiser, Berzerker, Defiler ***
*** L80 Sage, Alchemist, Armorer, Jeweler, Tailor ***
Druzgotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:48 AM   #48
Kski93

Loremaster

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

If average wizard dps is 1k and we are going to be doing less then that, I guess that means were going to be doing 800 maybe 900 which is deffinatly [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ty. Call me crazy but i dont think our utility compensate for the dmg we'll be doing. We have THE worst rez in the game, it's on a 1min timer, and rezes you with barely any health/power. Its long range is the only good thing about it, but how often does that come in to play. Our root sucks  our heals are pathetic our charm undead is totally useless in T7 and even in T6 it broke so often it wasn't even worth using. Oh i forgot about our AA's well those yea i think everyone knows that they are pretty terrible in comparison to other classes.

Where did SOE get the information that we can solo better then wizards/warlocks/bruisers/monk. Last time i checked our tank pet(if you wanna call it that) had barely any mit and got the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] beat out of it. He does have12k hp thats good right? Welllllllllll no not when your biggest heal only moves the pets HP like 5%. The stupid thing can still barely hold agro. The mage pet runs into the mobs still. I don't understand why they took out the root pet AA that they were gonna give us, i guess that's to good and would make the pet more useable.

If you couldn't tell i'm pretty bitter, most classes get to enjoy Live Updates, nope not necros we fear them and try to avoid them like the plague.

Malnok 80 Fury on Guk
Kski93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #49
Gargamel

Loremaster

They're balancing Necros using (raid mobs VS adept3 pet) as their 'baseline'... tough times for solo or any non-raiding necros.

EQ2 Map -- The most essential eq2 plugin
EQ2LLInks -- Which mobs drop what from where
Advanced Combat Tracker -- The best combat parser and tracker

(NOTE: All of the above are approved and sactioned for use by SoE and do not violate the Terms of Service in any way, so use 'em!) .
Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #50
Articulas

Zombie Aardvark

have we heard how the testers are faring yet?